FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Copy and pasted messages!

Copy and pasted messages!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We are so close to blocking all single males on here thanks to copy and pasted messages!!! Is it really hard to read a profile??? We don't use the block button as some sort of "power trip". We use it to block ignorance!!!

Quite early on in our profile it does say we are not looking for any new single guys at the moment... This could change in the near future!!! But if a single male has chosen to ignore this and sends us a copy and pasted message then we take it they are not really interested in us, they are interested in ANYTHING so the message gets deleted and the sender gets blocked and we don't unblock ANYONE!!!

So Mr Single Guy, we know it can be hard to find genuine couples/single fems but if you do actually like our profile then hold back your messages.... especially the ones that you send out to everybody!

We can't be the only couple feeling this way!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have been on sites in the past that stop cut and paste messages. I am not sure how but it was a really good idea.

I'm not sure how that'd be possible technically but one thing is certain - complaining about it doesn't help.

Sure if you dont mail back. Thay give up in the end mailing.

"I'm not sure how that'd be possible technically but one thing is certain - complaining about it doesn't help."

I think it was something to do with repetitive messages of the same size/no of letters. I do know they allowed 2/3 and no more. We are not complaining about it but it does get a bit boring getting the same message every 3/4 days from the same person. At present the only way to stop it is to block and that's a little draconian dont you think.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The blocks are there for a reason, if you don't want single males mailing you you can block them all.

"The blocks are there for a reason, if you don't want single males mailing you you can block them all.

"

That's fine if you want to block them all but it doesn't solve the problem. All or nothing isn't a solution.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It does ..as then you can mail the ones you want rather than complain about any mails you get that are not wanted.

copied and pasted messages bug me specially when its a morning to start the message and its evening !!!!

also one line messages make me think, if im not worth a decent message i wont reply

i'm assuming that if someone doesn't want any new contacts that they can block all males but still stay in touch with contacts they already have,via existing mails,hotlist and friends list

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"i'm assuming that if someone doesn't want any new contacts that they can block all males but still stay in touch with contacts they already have,via existing mails,hotlist and friends list"

You assume correct

"It does ..as then you can mail the ones you want rather than complain about any mails you get that are not wanted."

So that solves the problem does it?

Ok so every couple blocked single males and they are not allowed to make first contact what happens to many of them? I would guess many will just leave.

Also there is no block on a couples profile so they can still cut and past so its hardly the perfect answer.

"The blocks are there for a reason, if you don't want single males mailing you you can block them all.

That's fine if you want to block them all but it doesn't solve the problem. All or nothing isn't a solution."

Our problem is that we do actually like single guys and we do meet them, but we have so many of them lined up for a "social inter_iew" ie drink, we can't take anymore!!!! Excuse me for being a bit thick, but will blocking all single males result in blocking the ones we are already talking to?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"It does ..as then you can mail the ones you want rather than complain about any mails you get that are not wanted.

So that solves the problem does it?

Ok so every couple blocked single males and they are not allowed to make first contact what happens to many of them? I would guess many will just leave.

Also there is no block on a couples profile so they can still cut and past so its hardly the perfect answer."

It solves a problem of you not getting mails you don't want yes.

As for couples and females with no blocks on their mails...as this thread was started about single males that is what I was answering.

We get mails from every gender, even though we are only looking for single males...some are copied and pasted, some are one liners, a lot don't match our profile,but if it pissed us off we would block the people that do.

I am not sure what other solution there is if people don't want certain mails?

That's fine if you want to block them all but it doesn't solve the problem. All or nothing isn't a solution.

Our problem is that we do actually like single guys and we do meet them, but we have so many of them lined up for a "social inter_iew" ie drink, we can't take anymore!!!! Excuse me for being a bit thick, but will blocking all single males result in blocking the ones we are already talking to?"

only if they are not on your friends list

"i'm assuming that if someone doesn't want any new contacts that they can block all males but still stay in touch with contacts they already have,via existing mails,hotlist and friends list

You assume correct "

Ah!!! Didn't realise this, answers the question I have just asked, many thanks

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Our problem is that we do actually like single guys and we do meet them, but we have so many of them lined up for a "social inter_iew" ie drink, we can't take anymore!!!! Excuse me for being a bit thick, but will blocking all single males result in blocking the ones we are already talking to?"

No,the ones you are in contact with can still mail you.

The mail filters are useless unless used from day one, anyone you have replied to in the past with a no thanks is immune to the filter, would be better if it blocked messages from all men except those that are on your friends list or hot list.

How do people know a message has been cut and pasted ?

Our problem is that we do actually like single guys and we do meet them, but we have so many of them lined up for a "social inter_iew" ie drink, we can't take anymore!!!! Excuse me for being a bit thick, but will blocking all single males result in blocking the ones we are already talking to?

only if they are not on your friends list "

Thanks

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

where does it say in the site rules.. no cut and pasted messages are to be sent?

where does it say in the site rules all profiles must be read in full and hand crafted messages be sent fully tailored to what the couples/fems/guys are looking for?

obviously it increases your chances of kick starting a conversation with a total stranger if you do both the above..

some people want it all... messages that solely meet what they are looking for..and nothing else.

and in life..... you usually don't always get what you are looking for, all of the times.

enjoy xxx

i use the mail filters

for new people and non verified

i tend to meet verified people by meet as i know 99.9 they will turn up

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"How do people know a message has been cut and pasted ?

"

Dunno

I personally don't think single men can win to be honest.....they get told off for short mails, then get told off for copy and paste, but at times you can't blame them for copy and pasting as most people say they don't reply to every mail anyway.

"where does it say in the site rules.. no cut and pasted messages are to be sent?

where does it say in the site rules all profiles must be read in full and hand crafted messages be sent fully tailored to what the couples/fems/guys are looking for?

obviously it increases your chances of kick starting a conversation with a total stranger if you do both the above..

some people want it all... messages that solely meet what they are looking for..and nothing else.

and in life..... you usually don't always get what you are looking for, all of the times.

enjoy xxx

"

if i dont get what i want i sulk

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"where does it say in the site rules.. no cut and pasted messages are to be sent?

enjoy xxx

if i dont get what i want i sulk "

me too

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Me too

enjoy xxx

me too "

really how much

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"

really how much "

makes jennifer lopez and mariah carey's diva fit look like a sunday school sing along ....

some people moan about cut and paste but we're on another site that has generic introduction templates...'hi,we are .......,we noticed your profile blah blah blah'

no one on that site moans about em

Dunno

I personally don't think single men can win to be honest.....they get told off for short mails, then get told off for copy and paste, but at times you can't blame them for copy and pasting as most people say they don't reply to every mail anyway."

We don't get a good deal at times but that is because there are more of us than any other group. Some single makes spoil it for the rest of us by trawler fishing with mass mailing and i feel sorry for anyone receiving 100 messages a day.

Maybe there should be ways of stopping the mass mailing then genuine males who only send a small no of messages out will actually get messages read rather than deleted unopened.

In my niavety I didnt realise I was getting cut and pasted messages. Yesterday and today ive had the same message - so i realise I am. God im such an idiot at times lol

It does make me laugh when I get a message starting with, for example, "Hi Katie" when my name's...not Katie

Sometimes, if I'm feeling naughty, I'll reply pointing it out

"

When you get an email starting with Hi Sarah... My names not Sarah lol

When you get an email starting with Hi Sarah... My names not Sarah lol"

Ha ha now that is some dope who sent that

enjoy xxx

me too "

Hahahaha!!!! No sulking now!

No one said anything about rules on copy and pasted messages. All we ask is for the sender to actually read our profile because at the end of the day we may not be YOUR cup of tea and it could end up with YOU being dissapointed with what we have to offer!!!! It really does pay to read a profile properly.... If you show some attention to a couple/female your chances of getting a response will increase rapidly!!! We have 5 single men on our friend list out of 100's of messages sent... Those 5 men (one got action - twice so far, one got a meet and the other three are in the diary for a social meet) took time out, read our profile properly.

So stop stamping you feet and add the personal touch to some of those messages... good luck B xx

Ha ha now that is some dope who sent that "

You say that, I get it all the time! I've been called, Katie, Poppy, you guys.... I forget the rest. Bless.

Ha ha now that is some dope who sent that "

I think thats unfair on Sarah lol

I think thats unfair on Sarah lol"

Poor Sarah... Her inbox must be massive!!!!

Gawwwwd all bleeeeding mighty ...

If you get a cut 'n' paste message and you don't like it, just delete it, laugh about it and move on.

For all the tea in China I cannot see what the big deal is ..

I think thats unfair on Sarah lol

Poor Sarah... Her inbox must be massive!!!! "

Is there a limit on how many messages you can have in your inbox ?

Some women say they get a 100 messages a day , I think thats very unlikely.

But if its true, no wonder people go with cut and and paste , it must save a lot of time.

Just remember to change the name and if you meet the criteria it sounds like a good idea

"Gawwwwd all bleeeeding mighty ...

If you get a cut 'n' paste message and you don't like it, just delete it, laugh about it and move on.

For all the tea in China I cannot see what the big deal is .. "

Sorry! We had a "ffs... another bleeding c and p message" moment!!! All is calm now after a few message filter adjustments..... dammit, I was hoping to get Daniel Craig on our friends list first!!!! Never mind

B

Sorry! We had a "ffs... another bleeding c and p message" moment!!! All is calm now after a few message filter adjustments..... dammit, I was hoping to get Daniel Craig on our friends list first!!!! Never mind

B "

If you do get him on your friends list will you share him? Lol x

B

If you do get him on your friends list will you share him? Lol x"

Of course I will!!! ....damn fine MFF that would be!!! ......but only if your name is Sarah lol xx

It seems to me that an initial contact by message falls ito the same category as the covering letter jobseekers use to accompany their cv.

If you can't be bothered spending a bit of time, effort and energy tailoring it to the needs and requirements of the person/ employer you're trying to impress why on earth should they give you a second glance?

I sometimes think, when I hear people complaining about sending out four hundred letters of application with no response that the likelihood is they sent out, 400 identical applications. That'd be OK if you're applying for 400 identical jobs or to 400 identical potential swing partners.

Never forget. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

If i was going to send cut and paste messages then id start with Hi gorgeous, that way you cant really go wrong, well unless they throw in something in response to a bit in their profile, they youd have to read it

"We are so close to blocking all single males on here thanks to copy and pasted messages!!! Is it really hard to read a profile??? We don't use the block button as some sort of "power trip". We use it to block ignorance!!!

Quite early on in our profile it does say we are not looking for any new single guys at the moment... This could change in the near future!!! But if a single male has chosen to ignore this and sends us a copy and pasted message then we take it they are not really interested in us, they are interested in ANYTHING so the message gets deleted and the sender gets blocked and we don't unblock ANYONE!!!

So Mr Single Guy, we know it can be hard to find genuine couples/single fems but if you do actually like our profile then hold back your messages.... especially the ones that you send out to everybody!

We can't be the only couple feeling this way!!!"

Change your settings to filter out single males. you can still choose ones you might want by mailing them and adding as a friend. If you ever want to start receiving all mail again you can always change back your settings. It's really not difficult, logic.

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

We use cut and paste in messages, but only of the bits about us that stay the same - description, likes/dislikes etc. The rest of the message is personal to the individual or couple.

Blocking single males would be a good idea,i think why not have a single males and females room so if you have a profile as a single m/f you dont get into chatrooms other than single chat etc

"Blocking single males would be a good idea,i think why not have a single males and females room so if you have a profile as a single m/f you dont get into chatrooms other than single chat etc "

awww gerrof don't talk wet

» Add a new message to this topic