FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > WISH ME LUCK

WISH ME LUCK

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

well im being a brave girl tonight im joining lighter life , im very scared and nervous lol wish me luck

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Whats lighter life???

lol its a slimmng diet club

"lol its a slimmng diet club "

oh well in that case, good luck

why are you scared?

you,ve decided to make a change to your life so that's a good thing to be happy about ..xxxxx

Good luck!!!!

But if you want to lose weight....check out the "hays diet"...its great xx

its taken me 6 mnths to go join them lol the gp scared me to death so time to do something about it lol

Let us know how you doing on it x

i will lol could be at it along time tho lol

Good luck

By *over-manMan  over a year ago

motherwell

all the best

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Good luck! x

yes good luck - im hovering over the cambs plan! not taken the plunge yet

OMG well i have my GP form to get signed , was a shock on the scales but in 12 weeks i SHOULD be 3 stone lighter at least im booked in to the gps tommorow in the morning so hope it all goes wel

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

3 stone lighter in 12 weeks???

That doesnt sound healthy

Thats a stone a month - thats too much to maintain.....how you managing that - pills or what????

Sorry - dont mean to be negative, just very curious xxx

its a low calorie diet , which is why you have to be signed on to it by the gp , i have tried every diet going and then some im tiered all the time i ache i have alot of headaches and im tiered of not getting any nice clothes lol i have 2 kids and with health issues in the family i have to do this , the support programme is fab it will be hard but i expected it to be

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

good luck girl. Hope it works for you. Was a big step you just took so the rest shouldn't be so daunting.

Notting

"its a low calorie diet , which is why you have to be signed on to it by the gp , i have tried every diet going and then some im tiered all the time i ache i have alot of headaches and im tiered of not getting any nice clothes lol i have 2 kids and with health issues in the family i have to do this , the support programme is fab it will be hard but i expected it to be "

Its good that you are doing it under guidence of GP!

Too many folks struggle along and make themselves sick.

Way to go- cant wait to hear all your progress

Good Luck!

Good luck indeed.

I believe it's a powder form diet similar to the Cambridge but im not sure of that.

I do know a young woman died on it this year. Whether it was as a direct result of it i'm not sure. The newspapers tried to say it was but im not sure of any outcome since the initial report.

Think I will do a quick google. Then when I feel satisfied by that I will try to find out some info about the death. Boom Boom !

I think the loss in a few months is phenomenal but defeatist in the long run.

Back im a few x

An obese woman died after losing more than three stone on a crash diet to get in shape for her wedding.

Samantha Clowe, 34, collapsed at home from heart failure after following the strict low calorie LighterLife diet for 11 weeks.

She weighed 17 stone 6 lbs when she started the diet and was determined to see it through so she was not a 'fat bride.'

A metallurgist with the steel company Corus, her mother also said she wanted to gain the respect of her work colleagues.

An inquest in Leeds was inconclusive about whether the controversial LighterLife diet - which restricts people to 530 calories a day for a maximum of 12 weeks - played a part in her death.

But this is the second reported case in three years of a woman who has died from similar heart failure after losing significant amounts of weight on the LighterLife plan.

Home Office pathologist Dr Alfredo Walker said a post-mortem examination failed to establish a cause of death, adding: 'But it may be related to her low calorie diet and weight loss.'

West Yorkshire Coroner David Hinchliff said it was 'highly likely' Miss Clowe died from cardiac arrhythmia - a potentially fatal condition involving an irregular heart beat.

A LighterLife spokesman said although Miss Clowe's BMI had reduced from 37 to 32 when she died, she was 'still clinically obese' and 'her health may have already been compromised.'

He added:'We were very sad to hear the news about Samantha. The coroner said Samantha was clinically obese which increased the risk of cardiac death.

'It had been suggested that there was a possible link to the diet but the coroner said it was very difficult to make such a connection.'

In January 2006 Matilda Callaghan, 25, of Camden, London, died after losing 10 stone in six months on the LighterLife plan.

The coroner also ruled her death was 'unascertained' after hearing she died from hearty arrythmia and had rigidly stuck to the low calorie diet.

Professor John Garrow, a retired obesity and nutrition expert, blamed Miss Callaghan's death on her rapid weight loss and yesterday told the Daily Mail he was against 'prolonged' diets of less than 800 calories a day.

He described Miss Clowe's rate of weight loss as 'too fast' and said the effect of following such a very low calorie plan was that the heart 'wasted away.'

I'd advise extreme caution trying to lose 42 lbs in 12 weeks. That's 3.5 lbs per week.

All the personal trainers/doctors/dieticians I have ever spoken to say lose 1-2 lbs a week.

Good luck and hats off for doing this (I'm trying to lose some myself) but be very careful.

good luck hun u go girl show um how its done, ive lost 14 stone in total, taken me abt 8 years to do it but tell you what i feel loads better, i still need to lose another 3 stone. i was 27 stone and a size 32 colthes.now size 18 and 13 stone. a lot of hard work, determination and of course will power. i cut out bread and did a lot of walking. ive a few health issues being diabetic for 1. i was told if i dodnt lose the weight id be in a wheelchair by the time i was 40, i'm now 46 lol

Crikey just re-read the post from Granny above.

530 calories a day. That cant be much above anybody's Basal Metabolic Rate.

Be very very careful.

I recently lost a stone sticking to a diet of 6 meals a day consisting of no more than 250cals per meal, making a total intake of 1,500cals/day which for a man is a significant reduction on my recommended daily average of 2,500. It wasn't difficult and I never felt empty or hungry. Certain foods you can eat as much as you like and that prevents hunger pangs.

It took 6 months to lose a stone but I feel a lot healthier for it. (I did no exercise during the diet so I could have lost more, quicker)

Forum Mod

While I applaud you for taking control now and wanting to do something about the weight I really don't like the lighter life diet plan

I have known 3 women that all went on it from my childrens school

It was incredibly hard

Yes they lost weight

But they had lots of side effects,hair loss being one of them

Not one of them has maintained that weight loss

And now there are reports of women dying as Granny has pointed out,plus I think in the USA there a lots more from the same sort of diet plan

My advice would be to research the porgramme very carefully and I don't mean by listening to what the promoters of lighter life tell you

Good luck though and its not meant to put a dampner on your plans but its a very exrememe way of losing weight that is'nt for everyone xxx

Notting

OMG!!! 530 calories a day just isnt right.

Your body will begin to eat istself away to maintain normal functions - and at a rapid rate too.

It shows how unhappy some people must be to go to these extremes and should have more guidence from the doctor.

I am very suprised the doctor has recommended this sort of diet plan and am wondering if you are going to behaving weekly check ups with your gp???

Blood tests and heart checks etc???

I think the difficulties lie in maintaining said programme.

Its like anything else, once you start eating normally , the weight piles back on and sometimes double.

And its soooooooo expensive too.

My doc told me that one of the best things to eat when dieting. is soup.

It absorbed better and quicker and is filling.

And bloody cheaper and safer too.

But i wish you all the luck going

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i used to work selling lighter life to people a few years ago and it wasnt a cheap programme.

just be so so careful - if its what you really want to do then go for it but be prepared that on so few calories you are bound to feel lethergic etc and you already said you felt tirdall the time.

Perhaps that needs investigating before going on such an extreme diet as it could point to underlying conditions such as diabetes etc

i am not trying to preach to you as i am on no diet and those who have met me will know i am on the larger side of big

like i said, if it is truely what you want to do then go for it but be careful and make sure you dont just 'push through' any worrying symptoms and signs etc believing that when you lse wweight they will go away xxx

i have looked in to this for the past 6 months , the final straw for me was when my gp told me if i carried on as i am then i would be signing my own death certificate , he originally put me forward for a gastrict bypass but as a single mum had no way of having time off work while i recuperated , the practise nurse gave me details and i went for the info session.

I was told about the hair loss , farting burping , bad breath nausea , headache ect also about the other things as mentioned , it is am extreme diet but so would surgery i feel more so , and if i had gone for a bpass would i have known why i ate like i did why i got so big in the first place ?

lighter life has a lot of councelling involved and reteaches you how to think about food and also retrains your whole mind regars to eating .

I realise that it isnt for everyone but for me this is my last chance , i have friends who have lost lots of weight with other slimming clubs and put it back on , i also have a friend who has lost 9 stones on lighter life and is in her second year of eating normally and hasnt put her weight back on xx

i have had a full blood count done and all were ok so i know its nothing to worry about there xx

Notting

Bless you.

I do feel for you cos i have had friends who have suffered and really struggled.

One good friend of mine has just had the gastric band op.

Not very nice and she was a bit poorly for a week but is now recovering.

She had done weight watchers, blah blah blah, and while she was at work and under the watchful eyes of her colleagues - all she ate was fruit and soup = but once she got home......

If its your last resort hun - so long as you got ya head screwed on right and dont get carried away by starving yourself, have regualr checks and plenty of councelling, at least you are in the right direction - if its not for you then you will soon know about it xxx

I have a friend that has spent a fortune on lighter life. She looses it but then puts it all back on again afterwards.

The only way of truely loosing and maintaining weight issues is a healthy diet & regular excercise. Not rocket science is it?

i have to go once a week for heart and blood pressure checks doing i have been in and out of my gps for so long now i dont want to be the fat mum at school i have real low confiedence and yes i know eat less excercise more but its easier said than done for some and i know that i have an issue with food and i am a true believer that certain people can have a kind of addicition to food , i know that sounds daft but i do feel it im not saying i am one of these people but i hope that in doing this weight loss programme i can feel better about my self

"i have to go once a week for heart and blood pressure checks doing i have been in and out of my gps for so long now i dont want to be the fat mum at school i have real low confiedence and yes i know eat less excercise more but its easier said than done for some and i know that i have an issue with food and i am a true believer that certain people can have a kind of addicition to food , i know that sounds daft but i do feel it im not saying i am one of these people but i hope that in doing this weight loss programme i can feel better about my self "

Its not daft at all, there is a school of thought and some evidence to suggest that eating for some folk has alot to do with emotions and a difficulty in controlling a compulsion to eat foods particularly high in carbohydrates. Well done for trying something new, you never know it might work and the counselling should help, especially with keeping your motivation high. Good luck

yes thats what i mean , when i was on slimming world i always did green days , and wondered why i didnt loose much so i wonder if im a carb junkie lol o know i eat when im down so perahps thatis something i can look at xx

good luck our daughter did it and lost 5 stone a few years back . but theres no diet like the sea food one you see food and eat it lol

"yes thats what i mean , when i was on slimming world i always did green days , and wondered why i didnt loose much so i wonder if im a carb junkie lol o know i eat when im down so perahps thatis something i can look at xx"

All the best with it and i mean that.

I have also yoyoed re weight ...Been bigger and been a lot smaller and i find that those who havent suffered then the solution always seems easy.

Dont eat but unfortunately...

We have to ...

Its not like booze and fags where giving it up all together is ok.

Then that know me , also know that i dont eat junk etc.

I just cant move very well some days so exercise is difficult.

YOu go girl and ill watch and envy your progress but please ...

Keep an eye on all your vitals

My close friend went into a coma at work whilst on the lighterlife diet. Caused my severe keytosis or something like that. I have enormous issues with food, comfort eating was invented by me! However I have started slimming world and I lost 8lb on the first two weeks. They have a new diet plan, its really working. I had a huge steak, salad and the famous syn free chips for dinner. Totally syn free lol. The cravings are becoming much easier to control. Maybe look at other less drastic diet methods.

Well done molly

"My close friend went into a coma at work whilst on the lighterlife diet. Caused my severe keytosis or something like that. I have enormous issues with food, comfort eating was invented by me! However I have started slimming world and I lost 8lb on the first two weeks. They have a new diet plan, its really working. I had a huge steak, salad and the famous syn free chips for dinner. Totally syn free lol. The cravings are becoming much easier to control. Maybe look at other less drastic diet methods. "

i have been on slimming world several times twice under the GP who paid for a 12 week membership weighwatchers , atkins , cabbage soup , i think the only ones i havent done are diet chef , i have thought long and hard about it but the choice really was made for me when it was going to be going dowm the gastrict bypass route

Kate's never been any bigger than size 16, but has had "body issues" in the past.

About 10yrs ago she went on Lipotrim diet, which I think is the same as Litalife or very similar. Then she was only size 12-14. Our Doctors was very much against her going on it but reluctantly agreed to sanction it.

She lost weight, went down to size 10, and kept it off for a couple of years. Then she had a problem with her knee and wasn't able to exercise or walk as much. She went up a couple of dress sizes, and started to feel down again.

She went on Lipotrim again, but Doc says he wouldn't sanction it again after this time.

She went down to size 10 again, but has steadily crept back up to size 16.

She's happy now I think, and accepts that she probably wont get back to a size 10 anymore.

i have never been a size 10 lol i know im never going to be but the size iam is stopping me from doing so much i have a 10 year old and a 5 year old who need a mum not a blob on the sofa who cant do anything because shes so tiered , thats why i have to loose the weight now xx

"i have never been a size 10 lol i know im never going to be but the size iam is stopping me from doing so much i have a 10 year old and a 5 year old who need a mum not a blob on the sofa who cant do anything because shes so tiered , thats why i have to loose the weight now xx"

I believe that with a little bit of determination and application you can do just about anything you set your mind to, so I'm sure you will be successfull. If you're doing it for your kids, it will help with the motivation, but you need to do it for YOU first and foremost. Good luck XXX

well i have been for my first weigh in and 11 . 5 lbs , most of which i know will be water , i have felt awful for 2 days but nothing worse than a hangover xx

Bloody el Nawty....the way you been going on I had an image you were verging on obese!!!

I know you are a few inches shorter than me but you are a stone LIGHTER than me and I would never go on a lighter life diet!!!

There are much better/healthier diets you could put yourself on that are FREE!!!

I hope it works for you, I really do...

And I cant believe at 11.5 stone your doc suggested a gastric band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"And I cant believe at 11.5 stone your doc suggested a gastric band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"

i think she meant she has lost 11.5 lbs !!!

NO LOL ive lost that in my first weigh in , god i weigh wayyyyyy more lol

yes i did

[Removed by poster at 21/10/10 12:04:02]

Ahhhhhhhhhh got you now!!! lol

I should read better.....you lost 11.5 Ib

I thought it said 11 stone 5...OOOPS!!!!

Well done you....

You feel ok with it???

Good luck

the firs day i was ok probly as it was all new lol days 3, 4 , and 5 i thought my head had come off or like ihad been drinking way too much of my mums homemade wine lol , my counseller says that was my withdrawel from carbs and tha i should be better next week lol i feel good today so hopefully this will work for me yeyyy

I stopped eating the 4 main carbs...bread. potatoes, pasta and rice about 6 weeks ago...

I feel great for it and have lost a stone

But i would not give up all carbs, just the big ones, you need carbs for energy...

The Hay diet is great, and although i dont follow it to the letter, i have certainly based my eating habits on it.

Keep us updated weekly after your weigh in....xx

And remember.....

Its not all about losing weight or getting into smaller sizes...

Its about feeling good....and when you feel good about yourself.......

thats what i think i dont want to be really thin or be able to shop in miss selfridge i just want to stop being tiered all the time

Well another weigh in ive lost another 6.5 lbs this week im excited tis week i can have cerela bars mmmmmm lol i do feel much better and am deffo not as knackered

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Well another weigh in ive lost another 6.5 lbs this week im excited tis week i can have cerela bars mmmmmm lol i do feel much better and am deffo not as knackered"
well done, but why does everyone seem to be on a diet?

I have a friend who did it successfully from a size 20 to a size 10-12.

She could afford a oersonal trainer though to ensure she toned up at the same time, so no loose skin!

It is relatively expensive to do as well, as I looked into it.

In fact I was all set to do it but my GP said their practice did not condone it, as part of their policy and refused to sign my form.

2 years on, I have lost 3 stone, and have done it alone!

Good luck!

You go for it girl and good luck xx

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

I used to be a size 16/18 and had tonsillitus and I lost a stone in a week, expected to put it back on once I started to eat again. But my stomach became used to smaller portions and eventually I lost another one and a half stone stone. I then took up belly dancing and although I have since lost inches, the fat has now turned to muscle in my thighs.

I will never be a skinny minnie, but I am liking the new me and that is the most important thing

I wish you luck

well tonight was weigh in 31 lbs in total im soooo chuffed deffo hoping this is going to work im trying to get some before during and after pics but i dont want to put wvwery one off their tea lol

well done you

well done pleased for you

"well tonight was weigh in 31 lbs in total im soooo chuffed deffo hoping this is going to work im trying to get some before during and after pics but i dont want to put wvwery one off their tea lol "

wow thats really good.

well done you. xxxx

thanks i feel sooo much better already i know its not a lot but its coming off so im well chuffed

every journey starts with a small step, its the keeping going thats the thing, but its not "not alot" the amount doesnt matter aslong as you feel better about yourself, hope it keeps going well for you, and i know how hard it can be

just re read what i just posted and it sounds very negative sorry, the point my addled brain was trying to make was well done for sticking with it, and if the amount doesnt seem alot to you it obviously has made you feel better and thats the whole point. keep up the good work

"thanks i feel sooo much better already i know its not a lot but its coming off so im well chuffed "

reach that goal. you can do it.

your going great.

xxxxxxxxx

"thanks i feel sooo much better already i know its not a lot but its coming off so im well chuffed "

well done that lady

» Add a new message to this topic