FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pictures- is it wrong to ask

Pictures- is it wrong to ask

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ik and rita OP   Couple  over a year ago

london

Hi all, I'm really curious to ask you experienced Fabs the question. My fiancé and I get our fair share of winks. These are from some couples with obscured pictures. I understand privacy but when we ask for pictures some people tend to taking it as we are breaking one of the 10 Commandments. We have no issue after establishing contact to exchange a pic fully clothed of ourselves so we know if there is an attraction. Firstly why make contact if you going to hide what you look like and then try and set something up. What do you think and any advice.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That post is kinds a confusing from the sounds of it;

They winked you,

You messaged them asking for pics,

They said no but tried to set up a meet?

I just ask for clear body and face pics if they don't provide then say thanks but no thanks and move on

There is nothing wrong with asking to see a face pic early on.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

I can't believe people are so shallow as to turn down a meet because they have not seen a face pic.

Attraction is far more than what a persons face is like.

If attraction is so important arrange a social meet that way you can see if there is an attraction based on far more than just if the others look pretty

"I can't believe people are so shallow as to turn down a meet because they have not seen a face pic.

If attraction is so important arrange a social meet that way you can see if there is an attraction based on far more than just if the others look pretty"

Not sure if serious.

Given I'm not a prostitute I won't sleep with one who I don't like the look of and why would I waste time setting up Socials with people who I've never seen when I could just ask for a pic instead?

I'm not looking for a partner and this isn't blind date.

"I can't believe people are so shallow as to turn down a meet because they have not seen a face pic.

If attraction is so important arrange a social meet that way you can see if there is an attraction based on far more than just if the others look pretty"

We disagree. It would be a waste of our time to arrange a social meeting with people we had no attraction for. That does not make us shallow but there does need to be a level of physical as well as mental attraction. If people are not prepared to swap face pictures, we just move on.

If attraction is so important arrange a social meet that way you can see if there is an attraction based on far more than just if the others look pretty

Not sure if serious.

Given I'm not a prostitute I won't sleep with one who I don't like the look of and why would I waste time setting up Socials with people who I've never seen when I could just ask for a pic instead?

I'm not looking for a partner and this isn't blind date.

"

"There is nothing wrong with asking to see a face pic early on. "

^^ this. If they won't send one then we end communication there. I don't have all the time in the world to chat to those I don't find attractive and won't want to meet.

I'll want to see a face pic pretty early on because I've done it so many times, where you'll chat forever get on well and then exchange face pics and there has been no attraction for me whatsoever.

And vice versa.

It makes it extremely awkward because of the amount of rapport that's been built up.

So I like to establish attraction before too much rapport has been built.

Personally.

If people want to call me shallow. .. go for it....

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm shallow then. Attraction is top of the list for me, I'm never going to have sex with a man I don't find attractive.

" I'm never going to have sex with a man I don't find attractive."

Bugger

So near yet so far..

By *ik and rita OP   Couple  over a year ago

london

Thanks fabers thought it was only us who thought it was normal to see if there is an attraction prior to setting up something.

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"Hi all, I'm really curious to ask you experienced Fabs the question. My fiancé and I get our fair share of winks. These are from some couples with obscured pictures. I understand privacy but when we ask for pictures some people tend to taking it as we are breaking one of the 10 Commandments. We have no issue after establishing contact to exchange a pic fully clothed of ourselves so we know if there is an attraction. Firstly why make contact if you going to hide what you look like and then try and set something up. What do you think and any advice. "

You ask for 'pics'; I ask for a chat on Skype webcam; same difference except that 'pics' can be photoshopped, can be 10 years or more old (has happened to me), or just 'nicked' from the Internet

Usually the excuses why they can't appear on webcam are enough to put me off; especially when I see a photograph with them taking a 'selfie' in the mirror with an iPhone!!!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hi all, I'm really curious to ask you experienced Fabs the question. My fiancé and I get our fair share of winks. These are from some couples with obscured pictures. I understand privacy but when we ask for pictures some people tend to taking it as we are breaking one of the 10 Commandments. We have no issue after establishing contact to exchange a pic fully clothed of ourselves so we know if there is an attraction. Firstly why make contact if you going to hide what you look like and then try and set something up. What do you think and any advice. "

You do things exactly how you want to. On the issue of faces or just body pictures even, we won't meet unless we've seen them, some people will for various reasons but I would never do something just because other people do.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

You can chat away endlessy for ever and a day and get to like someone through words alone but if there isn't a physical attraction a sexual attraction won't be there for us. We're looking for both aspects to be present and a face pic contributes to this for us in a big way, if one isn't forthcoming early on then it's a nonstarter for us.

Him

By *eithoWoman  over a year ago

Chatham

I'm always amazed when people ask me for a meet before seeing a face pic. Its fundamental to have an attraction to someone's face isn't it?

No face pic, no chat and I'm certainly not going to waste my time going to meet someone who may or may not be attractive to me.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Thanks fabers thought it was only us who thought it was normal to see if there is an attraction prior to setting up something. "

No. You do get people who feel that a need for attraction is shallow and that's their absolute prerogative but if you're here for nsa sex i would say attraction is paramount

"

I have.

You must be having a laugh ?

Do you seriously think anyone would arrange a social meet to see what someone looks like ?

And that we are shallow because it matters what a prospective meet looks like ?

Funniest post I've read in a while

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

So attraction to so many here is simply a pretty face.

Attraction is nothing to do with body shape, mind, attitude, compatibility, or even whether a person can string two words together or has BO or has no sense of cleanliness as long as they have a pretty face they are meet material.

Strange

"So attraction to so many here is simply a pretty face.

Attraction is nothing to do with body shape, mind, attitude, compatibility, or even whether a person can string two words together or has BO or has no sense of cleanliness as long as they have a pretty face they are meet material.

Strange"

Nobody said that. Just there has to be physical attraction.......

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

Attraction starts with the outside, even though we don't know, our brains decide in seconds whether we find someone attractive

And let's not forget, what I consider 'pretty ' may well differ greatly from what you consider 'pretty' is

The whole shallow argument that does the rounds on here is daft, if you ask me.

Mutual attraction is important for some, not for others.

I personally don't want to have fun with anyone where there isn't mutual attraction, the whole thing becomes a clinical bodily function of that chemistry isn't there, for me.

For others, not so

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

I had a couple that WTD to meet but would not send a photo blocked and moved on.

If you haven't seen a face pic how the hell will you know who you're meeting for a coffee? It can be difficult enough to spot people with a face pic!

I wouldn't meet someone without seeing a face pic first. That said, I won't Skype/cam and accept some people won't meet without that. It's all good.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Strange"

No but it starts there and I'm sure you know and understand that.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

We disagree. It would be a waste of our time to arrange a social meeting with people we had no attraction for. That does not make us shallow but there does need to be a level of physical as well as mental attraction. If people are not prepared to swap face pictures, we just move on."

This,or it may be you know them etc.Its not shallow to ask for a face picture ,there has to be attraction .

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Strange"

Attractive faces are part of the picture, so is body shape, the ability to string a sentence together and sound like we are on the same wavelength. If they have this, are a proper couple (not fwb or fb) are in our age range, vaguely local, then they get a 'social with the hope of play'. You can't smell BO through an online profile. If everything goes well at the social then we can move on to play, but if we aren't compatible, then we won't move on to play.

That's how we choose to play. But if you have a different style of play that fine. I wouldn't say there is a right or a wrong way to do it as long as everyone is happy and comfortable

If ever I initiate contact with anyone with the aim of a meet I always make sure I attach a face pic first, it's only right.

If someone contacts me without attaching their face pic but wants to see mine then that's slightly different.

I guess it's always up to the individual whether you're happy to share on not - always a risk you won't get anything back but most people who are interested do!

"Thanks fabers thought it was only us who thought it was normal to see if there is an attraction prior to setting up something. "

Bear in mind that it may be a fake profile. Could be a single guy pretending to be a couple. Or a couple that will never meet but get their kicks from messing people round.

There's lots of nice people on here but trust your instincts. And have fun.

"Thanks fabers thought it was only us who thought it was normal to see if there is an attraction prior to setting up something.

Bear in mind that it may be a fake profile. Could be a single guy pretending to be a couple. Or a couple that will never meet but get their kicks from messing people round. Had this last night! A couple kept messaging to meet but wouldnt send a face pic so i blocked em im single not desperate

There's lots of nice people on here but trust your instincts. And have fun. "

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Strange"

Of course those things matter but if they have a face like a bag of spanners it's not happening. Face pic first to see if initial attraction is there, then arrange a social to check the rest.

I don't show face pic openly on profile however I will as soon as asked x

"I'll want to see a face pic pretty early on because I've done it so many times, where you'll chat forever get on well and then exchange face pics and there has been no attraction for me whatsoever.

And vice versa.

It makes it extremely awkward because of the amount of rapport that's been built up.

Personally.

"

this im very shallow

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I agree that attraction (to me) is about far more than a pretty face but its a good starting point.

Yes we are shallow enough to turn down meets if we haven't seen or been attracted to face pics.

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

[Removed by poster at 26/04/15 14:30:41]

st andrews

No face pic swap, no meet, simple.

We don't do blind dates, don't shag anything that moves, and don't waste our time or anyone else's meeting people that we're not physically attracted to.

Strange"

When time is of the essence and I haven't got time to meet (who I deem) visually 'unattractive' people on a whim, I'm afraid it is.

The majority of us appear to be 'strange' then!

By *urious2013cCouple  over a year ago

Co Cork

We like to see face pics before a meet I can't understand how people meet without seeing what the others look like this is not blind date after all

We love swapping pics n stuff turns us on even face pics

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

It's the ugly people who have such issues about sending their face pic. Experience has taught them contact is likely to cease once it's sent.

And spies. Spies don't want people to know what they look like.

st andrews

"And spies. Spies don't want people to know what they look like.

"

If only Bond was on fab....

Leicester

If only Bond was on fab.... "

Which version?

st andrews

Which version?"

Connery or Craig, not fussed

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

Everyone is different, some will share some won't that's life...

Leicester

Which version?

Connery or Craig, not fussed "

I've always thought Roger Moore came closest to Fleming's vision. Still, I like Craig's gritty version.

Not highjacking the thread much, eh?

"I'll want to see a face pic pretty early on because I've done it so many times, where you'll chat forever get on well and then exchange face pics and there has been no attraction for me whatsoever.

And vice versa.

Personally.

"

Totally agree

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"If you haven't seen a face pic how the hell will you know who you're meeting for a coffee?

"

Thats easy; not many women walk into StarBucks with a strap-on

Woudn't mean anyone who had been cagey about sending face pics and full body pics...

And vice versa.

Personally.

Totally agree"

Another shallow one here then lol

It's better to have I pic as u know who you chatting too

[Removed by poster at 26/04/15 16:25:33]

Ye its double standards as its easier for them to say no as they don't like to be rejected lol

By *epper123Woman  over a year ago

London

Its the face pics that are oh so obviously years old. Sometimes picks dont do justice, but I also try to make sure they are recent. Have had a couple of experiences where they obviously are not.

And vice versa.

Personally.

Totally agree

Another shallow one here then lol "

Not quite what I meant by agreeing with the post.

Yes, it's nice to build a rapport with someone, but looks do play a big part.

Let me ask you lady's who claim that looks are unimportant and that it's personality that counts a question. What if you got chatting to someone and you really clicked, and you felt like you'd known them for years, and you agreed to meet up and when you came face to face he looked like the lead singer of the Pogues. Would you?

st andrews

Which version?

Connery or Craig, not fussed

I've always thought Roger Moore came closest to Fleming's vision. Still, I like Craig's gritty version.

Not highjacking the thread much, eh?"

It's distracting me from my shallowness

st andrews

"Not quite what I meant by agreeing with the post.

Yes, it's nice to build a rapport with someone, but looks do play a big part.

Let me ask you lady's who claim that looks are unimportant and that it's personality that counts a question. What if you got chatting to someone and you really clicked, and you felt like you'd known them for years, and you agreed to meet up and when you came face to face he looked like the lead singer of the Pogues. Would you?

"

Nope, because while a physical attraction isn't all I need, there has to be something there.

» Add a new message to this topic