FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ambulances

Ambulances

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To me should only be called in a total emergency ....this afternoon whilst spending 6 hrs in ae with a child having an asthma attack ...I was shocked to hear someone bragging to his mates that he got a free lift in an ambulance to get his methadone as the chemist he uses was shut for the afternoon and he got up too late to get there before it closes ....and then constantly moan at the ae staff that he had wait to be assess...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

you waited 6 hrs to be seen when your son was having an asthma attack? i thought that was a priority case?

evesham

i do agree with you though, most of the people in a&e dont need to be there and simply bump up waiting times.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"you waited 6 hrs to be seen when your son was having an asthma attack? i thought that was a priority case?"

Should be!!

That's the time I spent in ae in total was seen as soon as walk in ...then spent time there as child ward was full so rather than send him to a hospital further away the doc decided to put him on nebulisers in ae

evesham

"That's the time I spent in ae in total was seen as soon as walk in ...then spent time there as child ward was full so rather than send him to a hospital further away the doc decided to put him on nebulisers in ae"

ah, ok, misread the post sorry. hope he is feeling better.

Thanks....we home he's sleeping but doubt I will much as need to do inhalers every 4 hrs for next 24 hrs

Well we have a wonderful health service the envy of the world, its not perfect but I'm just pleased if I ever need help someone will be there to help.

I'm just grateful I wont end up with a huge bill after so I think we all need to reflect on that in the grand scheme of things and count our blessings for the NHS.

But yes bogus users should be fined it soon them out.

evesham

"Well we have a wonderful health service the envy of the world, its not perfect but I'm just pleased if I ever need help someone will be there to help.

I'm just grateful I wont end up with a huge bill after so I think we all need to reflect on that in the grand scheme of things and count our blessings for the NHS.

But yes bogus users should be fined it soon them out. "

i dont think the post is bemoaning the NHS, just those who think its funny to waste time and resources using ambulances as free taxis

"Well we have a wonderful health service the envy of the world, its not perfect but I'm just pleased if I ever need help someone will be there to help.

i dont think the post is bemoaning the NHS, just those who think its funny to waste time and resources using ambulances as free taxis"

And I addressed that.

Thanks x

evesham

i dont think the post is bemoaning the NHS, just those who think its funny to waste time and resources using ambulances as free taxis

And I addressed that.

Thanks x"

you're welcome x

I can't fault the treatment we got from the minute the ambulance turned up to the minute we lefted ....the nhs we should be proud of and anyone that abuses the system should be fined

"I can't fault the treatment we got from the minute the ambulance turned up to the minute we lefted ....the nhs we should be proud of and anyone that abuses the system should be fined "

Well said! Glad your boys ok.

"I can't fault the treatment we got from the minute the ambulance turned up to the minute we lefted ....the nhs we should be proud of and anyone that abuses the system should be fined "

Or pay for the actual cost. Some on a Saturday night/Sunday morning is through drinking. If they can afford to drink, they can afford the hospital bill!

Yes its disgusting they take advantage of it just like d*unks are doing right now.

Fine the twats £50 or so it soon make them sober up and grow up.! x

Doubt they would call a ambulance just for that and get one. They could have lied and Junkies have been known to do that.

It was the bragging to people what he had done that got me and his constant hassling of the staff to when it was his turn to be seen ..because once staff had realised he wasn't an urgent ambulance case he got sent to wait in normal waiting area

"I can't fault the treatment we got from the minute the ambulance turned up to the minute we lefted ....the nhs we should be proud of and anyone that abuses the system should be fined

Yes its disgusting they take advantage of it just like d*unks are doing right now.

Fine the twats £50 or so it soon make them sober up and grow up.! x"

Same for any idiot that goes and it's not an emergency.

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

"

I'm not sure that it is the envy of the world.

» Add a new message to this topic