FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tomboys = DEFCON1?

Tomboys = DEFCON1?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *osie OP   Woman  over a year ago

Wembley

I guess I have always been a bit of a tomboy and normally, I don’t face any problems being one. However, at clubs, I dress in stereotypical clothing and always have fun

But last night, I visited a club in full male clothing (not just jeans, but proper man’s trousers and shirt). The reception I received from a couple of guys there, was hostile, to say the least

Do guys find tomboys threatening?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

Is that not more drag king than tomboy?

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

love it....

the Androgynous look is my favourite style

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

maybe the fake moustache you wore was a step too far

Wembley

"maybe the fake moustache you wore was a step too far "

So, next time, a full beard is a "no, no" then

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"maybe the fake moustache you wore was a step too far

So, next time, a full beard is a "no, no" then "

I've got this vision of you walking about dressed as Groucho Marx, wisecracking with a Brooklyn accent, like a boid.

I've got this vision of you walking about dressed as Groucho Marx, wisecracking with a Brooklyn accent, like a boid. "

LOL

You weren't showing legs or cleavage? How terrible of you. That's what men pay their money for,how dare you deprive them

By *rank EinsteinMan  over a year ago

Burton upon stather

You didn't have a threatening large bulge where your strap on was did you?

Because that would explain it

"I guess I have always been a bit of a tomboy and normally, I don’t face any problems being one. However, at clubs, I dress in stereotypical clothing and always have fun

But last night, I visited a club in full male clothing (not just jeans, but proper man’s trousers and shirt). The reception I received from a couple of guys there, was hostile, to say the least

Do guys find tomboys threatening?"

I vist clubs crossdressed as a guy reasonably often. I'm regularly threatened with violence.

This is normal when you're trans/genderqueer.

Wembley

I've got this vision of you walking about dressed as Groucho Marx, wisecracking with a Brooklyn accent, like a boid. "

The theme at the last Xmas party at work was Bond and Moneypenny. I think I was the best 'Bond' there

manchester & NI

"

I vist clubs crossdressed as a guy reasonably often. I'm regularly threatened with violence.

"

What is the response from the clubs?

By *lligator3Man  over a year ago

scotland

Can't say it would have ever crossed my mind to have any threatened type reaction....maybe your forgetting the main rule that some people are just dicks!

While I think I'm generally attracted to a more feminine personality I think tomboys can be really cool, rightly or wrongly I think there maybe more common interests musically etc an would be good to hang out an have a beer. (Possibly just me playing out a stereotype tho)

What? Seriously? Wtf! I can't get my head round this, threatened for dressng as a man?

What the guck is the world comming to, I would have never expected to hear such a thing, laughing behind your back from nob heads yeah but threats, what time was their bus back to the 70s due?

"

What is the response from the clubs? "

It's always been on a fetish night, and the person is always asked to leave. I generally am quite well known to the organisers of the clubs I go to and so my word is thankfully trusted.

Out in public it's far harder. Who do you complain to when the threats of violence are coming from random strangers on the street in broad daylight?

"(Possibly just me playing out a stereotype tho)"

That is certainly true.

"laughing behind your back from nob heads yeah "

I report that to club organisers too, just for the record. Nobody should be laughed at just because they're expressing themselves sexually.

manchester & NI

"

It's always been on a fetish night, and the person is always asked to leave. I generally am quite well known to the organisers of the clubs I go to and so my word is thankfully trusted.

Out in public it's far harder. Who do you complain to when the threats of violence are coming from random strangers on the street in broad daylight?"

Even if there was someone to complain to it's hard to report a stranger who's there one minute and gone the next.

When I walk through or past the village sometimes I see same sex couples holding hands and the minute they leave the periphery of the village they stop holding hands. I suspect the hassle just isn't worth it for them.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

Defcon 1 , Nuclear war imminent ??

or a club name ?? Connie x

Wembley

"laughing behind your back from nob heads yeah

I report that to club organisers too, just for the record. Nobody should be laughed at just because they're expressing themselves sexually."

I guess, last night, I experienced this for the first time myself. Even one of the guys I had fun with there, did say to me afterwards that I wasn't doing myself any favours dressing like that

This has put me right off going to clubs wearing anything other than what is 'expected'

I report that to club organisers too, just for the record. Nobody should be laughed at just because they're expressing themselves sexually.

I guess, last night, I experienced this for the first time myself. Even one of the guys I had fun with there, did say to me afterwards that I wasn't doing myself any favours dressing like that

This has put me right off going to clubs wearing anything other than what is 'expected'"

I always think to myself, at least it puts off the transphobic shitheads that I wouldn't want to waste my time talking to anyway.

I used to post go out with short bright red hair.

all I ever got was "wow you look like annie lennox",,,more fanny lennox,but twas a giggle,for some reason the androgynous look confused people

This has put me right off going to clubs wearing anything other than what is 'expected'

"I do my thing and you do your thing .

I'am not in this world to live up to your expectations,

And your not in this world to live up to mine .

You are you ,and I am I ,

and if by chance we find each other then ,it's beautiful ,

If not it cannot be helped.

Gestalt pray .

Just be you it's who you are

Wembley

"Defcon 1 , Nuclear war imminent ??

or a club name ?? Connie x"

Would be a Kool name for a club

But sadly, no; last night it just felt as if I was about to start one

My girlfriend felt the 'fallout' as well as one guy she was talking with, moved away as I approached her and muttered "lezzies" or something very similar

This has put me right off going to clubs wearing anything other than what is 'expected'"

nah,, wear what YOU want,x

"I guess I have always been a bit of a tomboy and normally, I don’t face any problems being one. However, at clubs, I dress in stereotypical clothing and always have fun

This is normal when you're trans/genderqueer."

Men on here can be hostile to me because im gay... But i do state it on profile.

I believe you when you say they are hostle to you too... All i can say is ignore them and enjoy yourself. O love a woman in a suit its sexy as fuck!

"Defcon 1 , Nuclear war imminent ??

or a club name ?? Connie x

Would be a Kool name for a club

But sadly, no; last night it just felt as if I was about to start one

My girlfriend felt the 'fallout' as well as one guy she was talking with, moved away as I approached her and muttered "lezzies" or something very similar"

Yup... I get that ALOT.

"

My girlfriend felt the 'fallout' as well as one guy she was talking with, moved away as I approached her and muttered "lezzies" or something very similar"

Which is puzzling really, because I thought that most men thought lesbians are hot...

" O love a woman in a suit its sexy as fuck! "

Open minded communities/clubs are some of the most insecure places I've ever been. Makes me chuckle.

Wembley

"

My girlfriend felt the 'fallout' as well as one guy she was talking with, moved away as I approached her and muttered "lezzies" or something very similar

Which is puzzling really, because I thought that most men thought lesbians are hot..."

Oh, they do, and until yesterday, just about every guy we have met, wanted both together, which is not really what we want

But I guess the dynamics alter when one is portraying a masculine image, the fantasy of the 'lipstick lesbians' is shattered. Now the guy was facing the real-deal

"

Which is puzzling really, because I thought that most men thought lesbians are hot..."

They do, until they realise they're not going to get any, then they spit their dummies out and behave like aresholes.

"

Out in public it's far harder. Who do you complain to when the threats of violence are coming from random strangers on the street in broad daylight?"

If I got threatened in public, I'd be ringing the police

"

If I got threatened in public, I'd be ringing the police"

Why? So that they can not take you seriously and not bother coming?

"

Which is puzzling really, because I thought that most men thought lesbians are hot...

They do, until they realise they're not going to get any, then they spit their dummies out and behave like aresholes. "

Only if they're armed and dangerous!

Some people are assholes.

Some people are fabulous.

Sadly it seems the more fabulous some people are the more assholeish the assholes become.

"Some people are assholes.

Some people are fabulous.

Sadly it seems the more fabulous some people are the more assholeish the assholes become.

"

Some people have fabulous assholes

Wembley

"Is that not more drag king than tomboy? "

Perhaps, but even then, why such a reaction? These were single men and it wasn't as if I was 'stealing' 'their' women

I quite like the look.

I've always preferred tomboys and geeks/nerd (i hate those descriptions) over the plastered on make-up look.

manchester & NI

"Is that not more drag king than tomboy?

Perhaps, but even then, why such a reaction? These were single men and it wasn't as if I was 'stealing' 'their' women"

I don't know, but I've seen men get visibly scared of drag queens. As though they're something to be frightened of.

So I expect a drag king would illicit a similar response from some people.

There are people who just don't like 'different'. When their confidence is challenged by being confronted with something new often their response is hostility, because it makes them feel defensive.

"Is that not more drag king than tomboy?

Perhaps, but even then, why such a reaction? These were single men and it wasn't as if I was 'stealing' 'their' women"

Because if you are a lesbian, it means they can't put their peepee in your foofoo, and they've paid good money to get laid.

This is normal when you're trans/genderqueer."

No it's not normal. Frequent perhaps may be a better word. NOT 'normal'. x

nah,, wear what YOU want,x"

Can't see why they would. Personally we are more interested in what is underneath.

Judging by you profile pic that would seem to be quite nice and if people are threatened by clothing choices then they are probably too shallow to bother with.

nah it's just that you're no longer a potential sexual partner so you get treated the same as another male.

enjoy.

And now I look back at this post after receiving some news today it's mental, and scary, fem 2 male transgender is now something that I need to find as much out about as possible

"And now I look back at this post after receiving some news today it's mental, and scary, fem 2 male transgender is now something that I need to find as much out about as possible"

There's not much to find out. Some people who were considered women at birth are in fact not women. That's about it.

"And now I look back at this post after receiving some news today it's mental, and scary, fem 2 male transgender is now something that I need to find as much out about as possible

There's not much to find out. Some people who were considered women at birth are in fact not women. That's about it."

See pm

Not so much about being a tomboy, but I still remember Kim Basinger in a man's suit in 9 1/2 weeks.

Incredibly sexy.........

Wembley

"You didn't have a threatening large bulge where your strap on was did you?

Because that would explain it "

Wish I did; better tactile feedback

3 types of guys out there; those who would not like me wearing one, those who like to see me use it with another woman and those who want me to use it on them

By *ransGuyTV/TS  over a year ago

Cardiff

[Removed by poster at 25/04/15 22:54:50]

Cardiff

It could be their extreme attitude in reaction to (in their minds) an attractive woman in men's clothing, so if they find you attractive then oh no people might go attracted to men's clothing = gay. They're not gay! They must not be seen as even the tiniest bit gay! Get away!

Or

Attractive woman in men's clothing = lesbian. There's enough competition for women as it is, we must get this extra competition to go away!

Or they're just dicks.

Cardiff

"And now I look back at this post after receiving some news today it's mental, and scary, fem 2 male transgender is now something that I need to find as much out about as possible

There's not much to find out. Some people who were considered women at birth are in fact not women. That's about it."

Pretty much

» Add a new message to this topic