FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > School reunion..

School reunion..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *issHottieBottie OP   Woman  over a year ago

Kent

It's my 20 year school reunion tonight (where the hell did that time go?)

There's some friends going that ive kept contact with since we left. Some that I haven't seen since the day we collected our GSCE results and some that I was hoping never to cross paths with ever again! Haha..

Have you had a reunion?? What was it like? X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hated my time at school (when I even bothered to go) there's not a soul that went that I'd want to meet again.

That said, I'd wanna go just to stick fingers up at teachers that called me a loser

Kent

"I hated my time at school (when I even bothered to go) there's not a soul that went that I'd want to meet again.

That said, I'd wanna go just to stick fingers up at teachers that called me a loser "

It's not at the school as its no longer open weve hired a function room at a pub in town. Don't think any teachers are coming.

By *rishman75Man  over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

I went to mine last year and it was fun and had a good time and had a good laugh so enjoy and get dressed up to impress xxx

Bonus, if it turns into a crap night, you could always bail to the pub bar or go on the pull

I had one that someone had arranged on Facebook.Went very well but be prepared for some shocks as people change and no longer look like you remember them.Oh and dont call the teachers Sir and Miss like we did lol,even though we were in our forties.

I was a little at school and got picked on (not bullied though) by one particular lad. I filled out and he didn't. At the reunion a sarcastic Benny Hill style slap to his head with a " How you doing these days mate" made me feel Great

I'm not interested in the slightest .... If I did go then there would be the possibility of some retributive justice being handed out

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

we dont have school reunion kinda makes me glad to a point as I wouldnt want to go anyway

Had a fabulous time at mine and got to actually speak to the hottest guy from a couple of years above who I held a torch for...i say speak, but it was mostly OMG I can't believe im talking to Tony H---- and swooning a lot...for the rest of the evening I was that teenage girl again.

They would have to hold my School Reunion in Broadmoor i think

Gimp

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I've no idea if mine has had one, if it was posted on the local paper I wouldn't see it as I don't read it.

There's not a single reason I would ever go to a reunion.

"It's my 20 year school reunion tonight (where the hell did that time go?)

There's some friends going that ive kept contact with since we left. Some that I haven't seen since the day we collected our GSCE results and some that I was hoping never to cross paths with ever again! Haha..

Have you had a reunion?? What was it like? X"

Why go then

Pointless.if didnt gel when at school. Reunions are who can boast with what they have done. Im so glad im of the age reunions and money costing proms wernt around!!

American big headed ideas.

I never went to my last one.

I know virtually everyone I used to knock around with since we left.

I kept in touch with loads.

"They would have to hold my School Reunion in Broadmoor i think

Gimp"

refom schools dnt partake im told

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

We've not had one, but to be honest, most of my year are on facebook and that has ruined it for anyone who wants to come in a Rolls Royce (hired), super model on arm (paid for by the hour) and an imaginative line in what they are now doing between spending time in the Maldives.

Am sure that all the hard work in gym and exercise will pay off, lot's of compliments coming you're way

And nothing better than seeing a former "popular "girl or boy at school who used to be good looking, turned into a slob while you look amazing.

Hope you enjoy, and don't forget to check the see who is near function on phone, never know if there is a swinger in the room

I went to a teacher's retirement party at the school I went to. He taught me and my children. It was nice seeing people I went to school with. There's another reunion in May I'm going to. The people who go are lovely people

By *istressZoeTV/TS  over a year ago

cheshire

I avoid these things given half a chance x

It's a one up man ship x

I keepin contact with actual school friends with get to gethers in real life

Kent

"It's my 20 year school reunion tonight (where the hell did that time go?)

Have you had a reunion?? What was it like? X

Why go then

Pointless.if didnt gel when at school. Reunions are who can boast with what they have done. Im so glad im of the age reunions and money costing proms wernt around!!

American big headed ideas."

Because some of my best friends are going to be there and because we love all over the place and some are married/have kids/work shitty shifts it's a very very rare occasion that we manage to get together. It was 4 years ago that the 8 of us that used to be inseparable were all together.

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

"

Because some of my best friends are going to be there and because we love all over the place "

How did you know your school friends would also become swingers?

We had our 15 year reunion couple of years ago. It was great to catch up. See what people have done and achieved in life. And now with Facebook it's been easier to keep in touch.

Kent

"

Because some of my best friends are going to be there and because we love all over the place

How did you know your school friends would also become swingers? "

Oh bugger... LIVE!!!!

I organised our school's 20 year reunion. It was a great night. Great to see people after 20 years. The school heart throb was now a junkie with most of his hair and teeth missing. The school bully was now a high ranking police officer. The girl all the boys wanted to shag at school was now 20 stone and then there was me: the quiet geek at school who wouldn't say boo to a goose arranging it all. Very eventful night!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

good god no... well not without carrying an axe.

and I am anti violence

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

"

Because some of my best friends are going to be there and because we love all over the place

How did you know your school friends would also become swingers?

Oh bugger... LIVE!!!!"

Mine was 5 yrs ago. What a crap night. There were ones there with noses stuck in the air looking down at what others are doing with their lives. I went home early cldnt stand the bitchiness.

Hope yours will be a good night. X

By *rank EinsteinMan  over a year ago

Burton upon stather

I'd go to mine...... We're due a good school shooting

I'd go if mine had one. There are people I'm still vaguely in touch with but who live all over so we don't really get to see each other.

The bitches who I didn't want to keep in touch with, I wouldn't have to hang around with all night.

And I'm doing well enough with my life that I wouldn't have to pretend I invented post-its.

I'm beginning to think I led a charmed school life in an Enid Blyton world. No one-upmanship,no looking down on people,just friends who get together now and then.

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

I went to one last Sat.

I was very nervous as it's been 29 yrs since seeing most of them. I was surprised how little people had changed and how friendly it was. It felt like we'd only just left and I really enjoyed it!

I would go again.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Life is about experiences, don't miss out.

Mrs DDC

"They would have to hold my School Reunion in Broadmoor i think

Gimprefom schools dnt partake im told "

I will have you know I went to a very good School, It was approved

Gimp

"I've no idea if mine has had one, if it was posted on the local paper I wouldn't see it as I don't read it.

There's not a single reason I would ever go to a reunion."

This.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I once tried to organise a works reunion following a mass redundancy. Out of 20 people messaged, I had 8 ask if I could change the date or venue. I gave it up as a bad job.

We have one about four times a year. I'm sort of the organiser with another friend. She sorts the girls list and I do the boys. There's a core of about twenty that always turn up and we always get different people turning up every time. We've been doing it for about six years now and it's always a good night out.

"I once tried to organise a works reunion following a mass redundancy. Out of 20 people messaged, I had 8 ask if I could change the date or venue. I gave it up as a bad job. "

See I don't entertain this. I post up a date , time and venue and that is it. No discussion. If you can make it great, if not they'll be another one in a few months.

"I'd go if mine had one. There are people I'm still vaguely in touch with but who live all over so we don't really get to see each other.

The bitches who I didn't want to keep in touch with, I wouldn't have to hang around with all night.

And I'm doing well enough with my life that I wouldn't have to pretend I invented post-its."

I invented the sticky glue on said post its

By *eddy004Man  over a year ago

Toy Town

I went, very sceptical about going and if there was a better offer I would have passed.

Like many other people all have mentioned the popular people had let themselves go. I went through school not noticed other than by the school bullies.

My school crush was there. She still looked amazing. She was married, divorced and engaged again to another multimillionaire.

Good night and better than staying in on my tod with the dog. End of the night the usual lines "we should do this again" "are you on Facebook" "what's your mobile number" there was only one I wanted to give my number to.

Next day reflection I just thought of all the shallow individuals that were there and vowed never to go to another one again.

Couple of months pass and I get a text from a number I didn't recognise. I called it back and it was my school crush. Well all I can say is I'm glad I went to the reunion and before she married we were able to explore our thoughts and wishes.

Have a great night tonight xx

There isn't 1 single person I went to school with I'd want to meet again, it was a fucking awful time in my life,

"I'd go if mine had one. There are people I'm still vaguely in touch with but who live all over so we don't really get to see each other.

And I'm doing well enough with my life that I wouldn't have to pretend I invented post-its. I invented the sticky glue on said post its "

No you didn't, it was Romy and Michelle!

By *eddy004Man  over a year ago

Toy Town

"There isn't 1 single person I went to school with I'd want to meet again, it was a fucking awful time in my life,"

But you'd be the envy of all showing that body off in a figure hugging dress

By *heOwlMan  over a year ago

Altrincham

Got a 30th reunion coming up in a couple of weeks, this one actually at the school, I got no plans to attend.

Attended the 20th in London. It was a good night but it also reminded me why I left the school 2 years early.

And I'm doing well enough with my life that I wouldn't have to pretend I invented post-its."

I am always deliberately vague about what I do/ downplay it, just so I can see their reaction. If they sneer and look down their noses at me that says it all.

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

I left school in 1973 so doubt many of the teachers would still be around other than the young newly qualified ones.

Three of my teachers retired at the same time as I left so they'd all be 100+ now

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I was invited to one a year after leaving 6th form college, I never went as I thought it was a bit of a waste, due to it being a year after leaving the place.

I am in touch with about 5 people from school. When I say 'in touch' I mean on facebook alone. There is a reason for that and I couldn't imagine anything worse than going to a reunion.

If I went to a school reunion it would end up like the film Grosse Point Blank - I would end up stabbing someone in the throat with a pen!

Kent

Ah well it turned out to be a funny night after all!! Glad I went now x

Excellent

. There's been three since I left school.

we didn't have a school reunion,as one of my classmates burnt the school down before leaving and our tutor killed himself and a science teacher a few weeks after we left

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

We had a reunion about 18 months ago.....

It was nice catching up with a few people. One of the guys that used to bully me actually came up to me and apologised.

Tbh I hated school, was bullied as I was small skinny and had a brace.....now I am taller than most of the people filled out a bit and don't look my age, I enjoy my work (more or less) love my football and am now a full on perv

By *omkatsterMan  over a year ago

London

Even 20 years ago would any teacher have actually called anyone a loser?

I'm asking.

Anyway, your wishing to go for the purpose of telling them you are not (implied in message) furthermore means, presumably, that being on a fab forum is NOT evidence of being a bit of a loser. Phew! That's a relief, I WAS beginning to wonder about myself. X

Kent

"Even 20 years ago would any teacher have actually called anyone a loser?

I'm asking.

Anyway, your wishing to go for the purpose of telling them you are not (implied in message) furthermore means, presumably, that being on a fab forum is NOT evidence of being a bit of a loser. Phew! That's a relief, I WAS beginning to wonder about myself. X"

Who are you referring to? I'm lost (it's early)

» Add a new message to this topic