FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Taking Offence

Taking Offence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have been very contemplative and introspective lately, and i have come too realise some of the things i take offence at are actually pretty silly.

For example, i get offended if someone presumes i am stupid because of a Northern Accent, when it says more about the person presuming than myself.

What offends you and why?

P.S this isn't intended as a gripe about things on fab, just what offends you in general and do you have good reason?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Injustice

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Stupid people with northern accents

The more time I spend on here the less offendable I am becoming

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

I am not easily offended, some say I am too laid back, but taking offence will cause stress or anxiety, of varying proportions depending on much offence you take.

I simply use the sticks and stones approach because like you say, comments made that are meant to offend, say more about the person saying them.

Outrage is so camp...........

"Stupid people with northern accents"

By *enny the lip lickerMan  over a year ago

bath bristol redhill

You can take the gate and a fence !!!

People assume, because I hail from Liverpool, I wear shell suits,a handle bar mussie, sport a large perm... And am a dab hand at removal of hubcaps, and anything that's not nailed down.

Oh hang on......

"I am not easily offended, some say I am too laid back, but taking offence will cause stress or anxiety, of varying proportions depending on much offence you take.

I simply use the sticks and stones approach because like you say, comments made that are meant to offend, say more about the person saying them."

This is also me generally too, very few things offend me, but realising some silly things do, and why has taken the offence away.

I mainly just get offended by people who try to patronise me or underestimate me. I can sound a bit outraged by things without actually being offended sometimes

"People assume, because I hail from Liverpool, I wear shell suits,a handle bar mussie, sport a large perm... And am a dab hand at removal of hubcaps, and anything that's not nailed down.

Oh hang on...... "

the only thing offensive there is the shell suit

"I mainly just get offended by people who try to patronise me or underestimate me. I can sound a bit outraged by things without actually being offended sometimes "

"People assume, because I hail from Liverpool, I wear shell suits,a handle bar mussie, sport a large perm... And am a dab hand at removal of hubcaps, and anything that's not nailed down.

Oh hang on......

the only thing offensive there is the shell suit "

Ere I like that swishing sound when walking... Mussies coming on a bloody treat.. Mr F isn't impressed

Oh hang on...... "

Hahaha come up to Scotland they're a LOT more friendly to us Scousers up here.

What really offends me is people who look down their nose at others especially on this site. Ie making comments about what type of photos/status' other people choose to have. Pretty pathetic really.

Seems like some people are continually looking for things to be offended by these days. Even to the point of being offended on behalf of other people.

PC brigade?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Takes an awful lot to offend me, in real life I don't get offended.

On here once in 9 years a thread has really upset me.

Some people spend their entire lives being offended, sounds to much like hard work to me.

Oh hang on...... "

That's shocking. They'll be thinking you eat cheesy chips next!!

Judgemental people and nosey bastards - I'm both by the way.

By *eliciouslyNastyMan  over a year ago

London

Was talking to a girl in a bar once and she said "how do you know all this, you Northern!"

Rich fat cats n politicians......and the royal family

Thought of another thing: supposedly mature adults who go through threads to find something you're insecure about, and then post status updates calling you that very thing, followed by proclaiming their open minded, non judgemental and honest nature over every thread they can.

If you're going to be a bitch, just openly be a bitch, it doesn't fool anyone anyway.

By *tay_hungry69Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

I should feel offended when couples come up to the bar and the male in all his d*unken wisdom makes a remark about how cos I'm black I must get all the fanny, and to stay away from his mrs as she might "never go back" to use the second half of a well-known phrase.

I should feel offended....

People that fart in public enclosed spaces.

"I have been very contemplative and introspective lately, and i have come too realise some of the things i take offence at are actually pretty silly.

For example, i get offended if someone presumes i am stupid because of a Northern Accent, when it says more about the person presuming than myself.

P.S this isn't intended as a gripe about things on fab, just what offends you in general and do you have good reason?

"

This is an insult. Reported blocked

W@NKER

By *eliciouslyNastyMan  over a year ago

London

"I should feel offended when couples come up to the bar and the male in all his d*unken wisdom makes a remark about how cos I'm black I must get all the fanny, and to stay away from his mrs as she might "never go back" to use the second half of a well-known phrase.

I should feel offended.... "

Yeah.... I never had that!

Not once, but I do get touched a lot!

Not sexual, well not all the time, but it is fucking weird!

Take no notice the stick i get for " being an Essex bird" the funniest people assumed i had bleach blonde hair and ginger legs

Her

Yellow crayons

I don't really get offended, I'm pretty thick skinned. I do find some people offensive though

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

very little

"Rich fat cats n politicians......and the royal family "

"Take no notice the stick i get for " being an Essex bird" the funniest people assumed i had bleach blonde hair and ginger legs

Her"

Hahaha how do you get ginger legs

By *tay_hungry69Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

"I should feel offended when couples come up to the bar and the male in all his d*unken wisdom makes a remark about how cos I'm black I must get all the fanny, and to stay away from his mrs as she might "never go back" to use the second half of a well-known phrase.

I should feel offended....

Yeah.... I never had that!

Not once, but I do get touched a lot!

Not sexual, well not all the time, but it is fucking weird! "

Lol I get it a lot. And then usually I give the lady a cheeky wink when hubby's not looking and I get a smile back. I should really take it one step further and ask for a cheeky blowie or phone number to really prove the fella right haha

Oh hang on......

That's shocking. They'll be thinking you eat cheesy chips next!!

Judgemental people and nosey bastards - I'm both by the way."

Yes I know, and I can't find my frilly draws!!

Did you see them when gathering yours?? Grrrrr

"Seems like some people are continually looking for things to be offended by these days. Even to the point of being offended on behalf of other people.

PC brigade?"

Yup seem to be a fair few on here who act offended and break out the faux shock and surprise. Must be delicate in real life.

By *rishman75Man  over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

Because I have a irish accent people think I'm a pikey and that pisses me off !

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

can't think of anything someone could say to me on here that I would take offence to, I don't consider people at the end of the internet that important in my life.

"can't think of anything someone could say to me on here that I would take offence to, I don't consider people at the end of the internet that important in my life."

I offend many by my comments (allegedly) and only take offence at bullies and those who send abusive remarks.

"Because I have a irish accent people think I'm a pikey and that pisses me off !"
bastards eh?

Do you do driveways by any chance

I get offended when people say to me at Airsoft 'that's quite a heavy gun, will you be ok with that because you're quite small'. So later on I make it my objective to blat them in the head with some BBs.

"Thought of another thing: supposedly mature adults who go through threads to find something you're insecure about, and then post status updates calling you that very thing, followed by proclaiming their open minded, non judgemental and honest nature over every thread they can.

If you're going to be a bitch, just openly be a bitch, it doesn't fool anyone anyway.

"

I get offended when people assume that because I'm a redhead that I have a short temper and I'm a bit aggressive.

The next tosser that's says it will get a slap.

"I have been very contemplative and introspective lately, and i have come too realise some of the things i take offence at are actually pretty silly.

This is an insult. Reported blocked

W@NKER "

can't please them all

"I get offended when people assume that because I'm a redhead that I have a short temper and I'm a bit aggressive.

The next tosser that's says it will get a slap. "

Oooh you must have a short temper

"I get offended when people say to me at Airsoft 'that's quite a heavy gun, will you be ok with that because you're quite small'. So later on I make it my objective to blat them in the head with some BBs."

Love it.

"Thought of another thing: supposedly mature adults who go through threads to find something you're insecure about, and then post status updates calling you that very thing, followed by proclaiming their open minded, non judgemental and honest nature over every thread they can.

"

Hmmm - cryptic

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I take offence at negativity aimed at family and friends while I dont give a shit whats said about me

"I get offended when people say to me at Airsoft 'that's quite a heavy gun, will you be ok with that because you're quite small'. So later on I make it my objective to blat them in the head with some BBs.

Love it. "

Reason to carry said heavy gun - long range sniping.

I get offended by folk that think we should be proud that millions have to rely on food banks should be ashamed not proud.

Being called an 'older woman' by a 27 year old.

I know that technically I'm older than him. But you know, it was only my 30th birthday last week!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I only really get offended by people I really care for because I'm not that concerned with what others say or think about me, so I'm very rarely offended .

I can find things offensive without feeling personally slighted though.

By *ouble CCouple  over a year ago

Gran Canaria

I'm quite thick skinned, and do not get offended by alot of things myself. Like swearing doesn't offend me. But I DO get offended on behalf of others, rightly or wrongly. Miss C. Xx

By *nigmatic1Woman  over a year ago

A seaside town near you!

Oh hang on...... "

You mean you're not??? Gutted!!!

I get offended by folk saying I look like a "sexy secretary" and asking if I want to be their personal assistant, because I have glasses. I'd be the fucking managing director!

"...

I can find things offensive without feeling personally slighted though."

Yes, this! I'm always offended by anything and everything because I'm a grumpy bint. But still with a smile on my face if that makes sense.

I don't take stuff personally.

» Add a new message to this topic