FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I love my job but...............

I love my job but...............

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What's the one thing you could do without during your working day?

I love taking photo's......be it people, animals, products or anything I happen to be commissioned to shoot........but I always feel a sense of dread when I turn the computer on to sort through and edit the 100's sometimes 1000's of images.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I've been on hold to IT for 40 minutes.

This fucking 'hold music' is shit.

A

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

Clients who agree to a concept only to change their mind completely when presented with the options that meet the criteria.

By *ipsTeaserCouple  over a year ago

here and there, thereabouts

The 'politics' that runs through it is wearisome at times.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Still on hold.

A

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

That some of my team are only there because they won't get paid as well for doing as little anywhere else. And it really shows.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Politics on my job and way to much P.T I'm there to work not bloody exercise all the time lol xx

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

It sucks when they use my wages to pay the gas bill!

People who dont do my job but could do it better (according to them)

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

"That some of my team are only there because they won't get paid as well for doing as little anywhere else. And it really shows.

"

I had that same feeling when working at a local authority.

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

It has to be the politics and self-preservation of some people - if some people exerted as much time and energy on managing their business as they do try to 'cloak and dagger' a critical report, the reports wouldn't be so critical.

"Still on hold.

A"

Ask the forum.be quicker lol. Bugs is at work but am sure there'll be an IT guru around...

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

... I dont love my job - significantly due to a shithole, fame-hungry manager.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Still on hold.

A

Ask the forum.be quicker lol. Bugs is at work but am sure there'll be an IT guru around..."

Sadly I cant.

And still on hold.

A

"Still on hold.

A

Ask the forum.be quicker lol. Bugs is at work but am sure there'll be an IT guru around...

Sadly I cant.

And still on hold.

A"

The joys of first line IT support. Good luck!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

People who spend a great deal of their time and energy avoiding doing what they're paid for. Some lovely people though.

Don't like needing a poo whenever I'm in work. Gives me a bad belly having to wait till I get home.

I have the best job in the world but do hate it when i boss constantly asks me to review files

"Still on hold.

A

Sadly I cant.

And still on hold.

A"

Go to the loo, guaranteed they'll decide to answer at the exact moment you decide to hang up

"Don't like needing a poo whenever I'm in work. Gives me a bad belly having to wait till I get home. "

Why do that to yourself?

"Don't like needing a poo whenever I'm in work. Gives me a bad belly having to wait till I get home.

Why do that to yourself? "

It's embarrassing! I have done it once or twice but I have to tell the women I'm working with that I'm having one rather than risk being caught doing it!

I was the same in school, the amount of times my granddad would pick me up at lunch time to take me home and bring me back!

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

Interference from higher ups, when if they left me alone to get on with it, the task would be completed on time!

Office politics, local politicians and near-impossible unrealistic deadlines.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Love my job but fuck me there is so much red tape and politics involved it can make the job unbearable at times.

I **AM** the boss.

When things get dangerous, just adds paperwork for me, private home owners really need to start looking after themselves and their family, especially houses built before 1980!

"When things get dangerous, just adds paperwork for me, private home owners really need to start looking after themselves and their family, especially houses built before 1980! "
ours was built in the 50's

That's us fooked

"When things get dangerous, just adds paperwork for me, private home owners really need to start looking after themselves and their family, especially houses built before 1980! ours was built in the 50's

That's us fooked"

I'm sure you'll be fine

Sometimes I don't know if I'm coming or going... go here go there... it occasionally has its benefits though

Well, I've narrowed 800 shots down to a portfolio of 150. Edits done, so I can relax a little while client does the choosing.

The way my shifts can change the night before so bloody annoying!!!!!

Just the hours I don't like, I work on a 7 day rolling rota, 12 hour days, I love my job but need to cut my hours back

"Clients who agree to a concept only to change their mind completely when presented with the options that meet the criteria. "

This too, grrr

Getting up at 5:50 in the morning.....Ideally I'd work 4hrs a day instead of 8,for the same cash though lol.

Apart from the early rise I love my job

I love my job in IT .

I get free internet to all sites whilst I leave customers hanging on the phone...

Oh hang on I had answer this one...

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I **AM** the boss. "

Ben - I now have visions of you doing this!

http://youtu.be/NisCkxU544c

A

*no longer on hold to IT.

By *artytwoCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Don't like needing a poo whenever I'm in work. Gives me a bad belly having to wait till I get home.

Why do that to yourself?

It's embarrassing! I have done it once or twice but I have to tell the women I'm working with that I'm having one rather than risk being caught doing it!

I was the same in school, the amount of times my granddad would pick me up at lunch time to take me home and bring me back!"

Both wife and daughter have same problem. Won't poo anywhere but home (exception for hotel if on hols). I'll shit 'martini'(anytime, anyplace anywhere).

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Fucking kids as managers telling you how to do your job though you've been doing it almost as long as they've been alive.

By *lirtyjjWoman  over a year ago

Meath

I have to say i love my job. I got to work and ignore the rules. Am totally inappropriate all day long, flirt to get what I want and generally amuse myself all day long. Not one person in my 450 strong company complains coz i am so dam awesome at my job and am loved by all. Wouldn't change a thing

[Removed by poster at 24/04/15 21:25:54]

"I **AM** the boss.

Ben - I now have visions of you doing this!

http://youtu.be/NisCkxU544c

A

*no longer on hold to IT. "

Obi I've just seen this.

Bwahahahahahaha! you funny fucker!

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

"Fucking kids as managers telling you how to do your job though you've been doing it almost as long as they've been alive. "

This! So true in my job. I love the job and the industry as a whole but it does have more than its share of jumped up little hitlers who know it all but know nothing... I suppose its the same everywhere.

Love my work but wish I could dress girlie all day. Of course then I'd be horny all day too and would flirt with everyone and probably wouldn't get anything done.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

I don't love but do enjoy my job the freedom of the road interacting with clients going to places I wouldn't ever go normally meeting some amazingly clever people doing amazing front line research shame my boss is a first class idiot who despite having a doctorate has to be carried and got out of the shit due to his cock ups on a regular basis

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Reading post mortem reports on dead babies...thankfully a rarity, but it always reminds me there is such a report somewhere for my son.

By *lttattoocoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Fucking kids as managers telling you how to do your job though you've been doing it almost as long as they've been alive. "

Maybe you should have applied.for.the promotion :p

I work in the NHS so need I say more...too many Chiefs and not enough Indians is the main thing that springs to mind...our Chief Exec's salary alone equates to 15 Nurses

I enjoy my job very much, Its people i dislike

If i didnt have to deal with the riff raff i would be a Happy Bunny

Cottontail Gimp

"I enjoy my job very much, Its people i dislike

Cottontail Gimp"

A real people person you are then?

"I enjoy my job very much, Its people i dislike

Cottontail Gimp

A real people person you are then? "

Well even us perfect People get bored with explaining to others why im always right, Much easier to talk to meself at least i listen to me

Cracker Gimp

"Fucking kids as managers telling you how to do your job though you've been doing it almost as long as they've been alive.

Maybe you should have applied.for.the promotion :p"

Been there, done that. Quit to look after my dying mother which was a priority. Now I don't need the money or stress (have hypertension).

To turn that one around: I dislike people not taking me seriously or responding well to me being in a position of authority, because I'm younger than they think I should be to be there, or I haven't 'served my time' long enough. Come up against this most weeks, and I'm not even that sodding young!

Politics

and the fact its still mainly a mans world

By *ollipop77Couple  over a year ago

Sunny Manchester

I love my job behind the bar in a swingers club but hate watching all these sexy people going off to play and not being able to join them x

"Fucking kids as managers telling you how to do your job though you've been doing it almost as long as they've been alive.

To turn that one around: I dislike people not taking me seriously or responding well to me being in a position of authority, because I'm younger than they think I should be to be there, or I haven't 'served my time' long enough. Come up against this most weeks, and I'm not even that sodding young! "

Depends on the situation. I've had younger managers who were very good. I'm thinking of those in positions they cannot handle. They've done about a year then gone straight for management and are not ready for it. In the last 5 years I've had 3 who simply did not last. They were line managers who told me how to do my job. A job they couldn't actually do themselves. Their advice was useless and in two instances actually harmful.

When I was a manager I also had older people in my team. I got on with them fine and also listened to them. I didn't assume I knew best simply because I was a manager.

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

[Removed by poster at 26/04/15 13:35:29]

To turn that one around: I dislike people not taking me seriously or responding well to me being in a position of authority, because I'm younger than they think I should be to be there, or I haven't 'served my time' long enough. Come up against this most weeks, and I'm not even that sodding young!

Depends on the situation. I've had younger managers who were very good. I'm thinking of those in positions they cannot handle. They've done about a year then gone straight for management and are not ready for it. In the last 5 years I've had 3 who simply did not last. They were line managers who told me how to do my job. A job they couldn't actually do themselves. Their advice was useless and in two instances actually harmful.

When I was a manager I also had older people in my team. I got on with them fine and also listened to them. I didn't assume I knew best simply because I was a manager. "

I would completely agree that I've come up against some appalling managers who have been young. Equally I've had terrible managers in their 40s, 50s and 60s. Respect, competence and working well with others is not a preserve of older people in the workplace.

I deal with a difficult client group at times. So fairly often get sworn at, shouted at and told what my view is, without having said anything. Having said that, I do the job I do, as I like helping people so I guess you have to take the rough with the smooth!

Plus, if they swear, I just tell them very politely that I will be terminating the call if they don't tone their language down. That generally does the job!

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

"What's the one thing you could do without during your working day?

I love taking photo's......be it people, animals, products or anything I happen to be commissioned to shoot........but I always feel a sense of dread when I turn the computer on to sort through and edit the 100's sometimes 1000's of images.

"

Yes fully agree with you there mate as i am happy as a pig in muck spending my days shooting naughty ladies but its the hours of editing and advertising that feels me with dread lol.

By *ot monkey71Couple  over a year ago

middlesbrough

I love my job but hate the politics and assessment. It just stops me doing what drew me to the profession in the first place.

Every other single fuckwit in my office! (Note I understand by using other I've labeled myself a fuckwit!)

» Add a new message to this topic