FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Atheism. The only choice for Swingers?

Atheism. The only choice for Swingers?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *artytwo OP   Couple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

If your chosen god has the ability to see everything you do and read all your thoughts, should you be getting up to all this 'sinful' malarky?

Isn't it safer to have no religion?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"If your chosen god has the ability to see everything you do and read all your thoughts, should you be getting up to all this 'sinful' malarky?

Isn't it safer to have no religion? "

No; what I do, God does not find sinful; only the Catholic Church does

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I wont burn in hell...hey ho

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

No

Because Jesus loved Mary Magdalen the prostitute and whore so he loves me too and forgives all my sins

Which incidentally are very few

And I'm not a swinger

Just a slut

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/04/15 22:07:57]

I am a non believer which means there is no sin, so I can do what I want

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

Most religious people I know have a way of picking and choosing which bits of it apply to them, explaining away or just ignoring altogether the bits that don't suit their ideology.

I don't think religious swingers would be any different in that regard.

Wolverhampton

[Removed by poster at 23/04/15 22:11:46]

Wolverhampton

"If your chosen god has the ability to see everything you do and read all your thoughts, should you be getting up to all this 'sinful' malarky?

No; what I do, God does not find sinful; only the Catholic Church does"

Isn't the bishop of Rome god's chosen emissary?

manchester & NI

Isn't the bishop of Rome god's chosen emissary?"

But god doesn't choose him

Men in dresses do - then smoke the place out!

Wembley

Isn't the bishop of Rome god's chosen emissary?"

That is what he claims

I hear God's name called a lot in clubs

Wembley

Men in dresses do - then smoke the place out! "

I knew it; this is a TV/TS thread in 'disguise'

By *allipygousMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"No

Because Jesus loved Mary Magdalen the prostitute and whore so he loves me too and forgives all my sins

And I'm not a swinger

Just a slut "

There's a school of thought that goes along the lines that she wasn't a prostitute but the misogynistic church didn't want women shown in too favourable a light.

manchester & NI

Men in dresses do - then smoke the place out!

I knew it; this is a TV/TS thread in 'disguise' "

They're waiting for surgery!

Wolverhampton

A religious fundamentalist once said to me that I must be mad not to believe in (his)god.

I suggested in riposte that I believed religious belief to be a sign of mental illness.

He wasn't too pleased with that.

West Midlands

"No

And I'm not a swinger

Just a slut

There's a school of thought that goes along the lines that she wasn't a prostitute but the misogynistic church didn't want women shown in too favourable a light."

This is true

And has much really changed

Its still a Man's world

And men and women judge a highly successful sexually active lady very negatively

Leicester

As someone above said, people will pick out the bits that suit them but I don't think there is any major recognised faith that would condone this site and anyone that calls themselves religious and uses it are deluding themselves.

Greek gods seem pretty damn debauched

West Midlands

"As someone above said, people will pick out the bits that suit them but I don't think there is any major recognised faith that would condone this site and anyone that calls themselves religious and uses it are deluding themselves."

My methodist vicar doesn't disapprove of what I do

In fact people who have a true loving faith rarely disapprove of others lives in actual fact

"As someone above said, people will pick out the bits that suit them but I don't think there is any major recognised faith that would condone this site and anyone that calls themselves religious and uses it are deluding themselves."

I dunno some of those Christian sects have a lot of wives.

West Midlands

Greek gods seem pretty damn debauched"

Let's not forget the Romans and their orgies too

Wembley

There is a lot of confusion between what the Church decrees and what Christ taught

Anyways, I am outta here as these discussions never end well

Leicester

"As someone above said, people will pick out the bits that suit them but I don't think there is any major recognised faith that would condone this site and anyone that calls themselves religious and uses it are deluding themselves.

"

Which?

manchester & NI

"

"

And those poor wives had to make do with solo cock!

And then... from the ether... man created, in as many days as digital coding would allow... the world of Fab!

And it was beautiful!

Those wives never looked that happy with just the one cock either

Leicester

"As someone above said, people will pick out the bits that suit them but I don't think there is any major recognised faith that would condone this site and anyone that calls themselves religious and uses it are deluding themselves.

In fact people who have a true loving faith rarely disapprove of others lives in actual fact "

Really? Do you tell him exactly what you get up to? Has he said he approves? Would he recommend your lifestyle to the rest of his parishioners?

didnt he give us freedom of choice or something - i call him most times when im having sex

Leicester

There is a lot of confusion between what the Church decrees and what Christ taught

Anyways, I am outta here as these discussions never end well "

So you think if Christ came back he would approve of wife swapping? Various sexual partners? Gang bangs? Dogging?

We are all sinners, we can only ask for forgiveness.

Nobody is perfect

If there is a God I don't think they give a fuck about any of this and I'm planning to avoid meeting them for as long as possible anyway.

Personally, I feel that anyone who believes that their invisible friend is real, talks to them, and lives their life on what they believe their invisible friend has said through the mouths of others - is a complete bloody nutcase and doesn't deserve my respect.

That said, Father Christmas is definitely real and I'd like a new wand this Christmas please

Leicester

"We are all sinners, we can only ask for forgiveness.

Nobody is perfect"

Exactly. If you believe. But there are those on here who think that what they do is not a sin in the eyes of whatever faith they practice.

West Midlands

In fact people who have a true loving faith rarely disapprove of others lives in actual fact

Really? Do you tell him exactly what you get up to? Has he said he approves? Would he recommend your lifestyle to the rest of his parishioners?"

It's a she

And she's seen my photos yes

And the parishioners know anyway

As for recommending a lifestyle

It's not something that most vicars would do

They just advise not condemn

Nobody is perfect

Exactly. If you believe. But there are those on here who think that what they do is not a sin in the eyes of whatever faith they practice."

And that's entirely their right - to practise their faith as they choose, not how others might dictate.

West Midlands

Nobody is perfect

Exactly. If you believe. But there are those on here who think that what they do is not a sin in the eyes of whatever faith they practice.

And that's entirely their right - to practise their faith as they choose, not how others might dictate.

"

Nobody is perfect

Exactly. If you believe. But there are those on here who think that what they do is not a sin in the eyes of whatever faith they practice."

Then they are deluded

Nobody is perfect

Then they are deluded"

Do you speak for God?

Nobody is perfect

"

But don't the various religious instruction manuals (Bible, Koran, Torah etc) "dictate" to them how they're supposed to practice their faith?

Leicester

Really? Do you tell him exactly what you get up to? Has he said he approves? Would he recommend your lifestyle to the rest of his parishioners?

It's a she

They just advise not condemn "

So she's not actually approved your lifestyle, just not condemned it?

Seems to me she's doing what any good vicar would do...Waiting and hoping you'll eventually see 'the error of your ways' and being there for you if and when you do.

West Midlands

It's odd how people who have never sat down and spoken to a vicar have such assumptions about them

My parishes congregation includes

Millionaires

Drug adicts

Alcoholics

Wife beaters

Paedophiles

And that's just the ones who you'd never guess were

And before you get to the homeless and the murderer

West Midlands

It's a she

Seems to me she's doing what any good vicar would do...Waiting and hoping you'll eventually see 'the error of your ways' and being there for you if and when you do."

No

Incorrect

Nobody is perfect

But don't the various religious instruction manuals (Bible, Koran, Torah etc) "dictate" to them how they're supposed to practice their faith? "

They include many, many things that people choose to interpret differently now than they used to. Whole new religions have evolved from some.

Leicester

Nobody is perfect

"

Aaaaaaand we're back full circle to picking and choosing what part of your religion suits your purposes and ignoring the parts that don't.

Nobody is perfect

Aaaaaaand we're back full circle to picking and choosing what part of your religion suits your purposes and ignoring the parts that don't."

Should you pick and choose for them instead?

Nobody is perfect

But don't the various religious instruction manuals (Bible, Koran, Torah etc) "dictate" to them how they're supposed to practice their faith?

They include many, many things that people choose to interpret differently now than they used to. Whole new religions have evolved from some.

"

I've read a few of these novels, and nowhere have I seen any approbation of swinging, or anything close.

I find it amusing that atheists talk about God more than Christians do.

West Midlands

"I find it amusing that atheists talk about God more than Christians do. "

Like they know the subject too

"I find it amusing that atheists talk about God more than Christians do.

Like they know the subject too "

Maybe they're atheists because they read it, studied it and decided it was bollox

Leicester

"It's odd how people who have never sat down and spoken to a vicar have such assumptions about them

Millionaires

Drug adicts

Alcoholics

Wife beaters

Paedophiles

"

Has your vicar approved the lifestyles of the drug addicts, the alcoholics, the wife beaters and the paedophiles in your congregation? Or is she accepting them in the hope they can be better people if they truly turn to her God?

West Midlands

"It's odd how people who have never sat down and spoken to a vicar have such assumptions about them

Millionaires

Drug adicts

Alcoholics

Wife beaters

Paedophiles

Has your vicar approved the lifestyles of the drug addicts, the alcoholics, the wife beaters and the paedophiles in your congregation? Or is she accepting them in the hope they can be better people if they truly turn to her God?"

She doesn't approve nor disapprove in equal measure actually

You just don't get it

Do you

Oh well

West Midlands

Millionaires

Drug adicts

Alcoholics

Wife beaters

Paedophiles

Has your vicar approved the lifestyles of the drug addicts, the alcoholics, the wife beaters and the paedophiles in your congregation? Or is she accepting them in the hope they can be better people if they truly turn to her God?

You just don't get it

Do you

Oh well "

THEY HAVE TURNED TO GOD

That's why ththey're in church in the first place

Doh!

The original question mentioned no particular religion. A few are choosing to argue according to their own belief about particular beliefs.

I've got no idea if there is a God. If there is one and they can read my thoughts, I reckon they'll be ok with it.

If somebody else chooses to practise their own set of beliefs according to their own values, good luck to them.

If somebody wants to dictate to others how and whether they can or can't do something according to their own bullshit, I think it best they fuck off and mind their own business.

Maybe they're atheists because they read it, studied it and decided it was bollox "

But still feel the need to go on and on and on and on about it.

People give out to the Jehovah's for having a knock up every now and then but that atheist lot are proper busy.

West Midlands

"The original question mentioned no particular religion. A few are choosing to argue according to their own belief about particular beliefs.

I've got no idea if there is a God. If there is one and they can read my thoughts, I reckon they'll be ok with it.

If somebody else chooses to practise their own set of beliefs according to their own values, good luck to them.

If somebody wants to dictate to others how and whether they can or can't do something according to their own bullshit, I think it best they fuck off and mind their own business.

"

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

What about us agnostics

manchester & NI

"

Should you pick and choose for them instead?

"

Isn't the point that religious institutions are usually absolute?

Why would you want to belong to a church if you don't want to accept all its doctine?

"What about us agnostics "

We get to piss everybody off

Leicester

Nobody is perfect

But don't the various religious instruction manuals (Bible, Koran, Torah etc) "dictate" to them how they're supposed to practice their faith? "

Yes, they do dictate. The point I'm trying to make is none of the faiths you mentioned above condone formication, which essentially is what goes on in here.

Anyone who says they believe/practice any of the major faiths are going against their teachings (dictates) by using this site.

By *ipsTeaserCouple  over a year ago

here and there, thereabouts

It's a she

Seems to me she's doing what any good vicar would do...Waiting and hoping you'll eventually see 'the error of your ways' and being there for you if and when you do."

How do you yourself define a 'good' vicar? You seem to have rather fixed ideas and seem to be trying to suggest that your interpretation must be the correct one.

Those with a true faith can often very tolerant and accepting of 'outside of the norm',and some people of prominence within a church are simply accepting and sympathetic people, as are many people regardless of faith; seems from your argument you suggest pp vicar can only be acting in that manner from 'ulterior motive'.

West Midlands

Nobody is perfect

Yes, they do dictate. The point I'm trying to make is none of the faiths you mentioned above condone formication, which essentially is what goes on in here.

Anyone who says they believe/practice any of the major faiths are going against their teachings (dictates) by using this site."

Untrue

Leicester

Millionaires

Drug adicts

Alcoholics

Wife beaters

Paedophiles

You just don't get it

Do you

Oh well "

I do get it. You don't

West Midlands

Millionaires

Drug adicts

Alcoholics

Wife beaters

Paedophiles

You just don't get it

Do you

Oh well

I do get it. You don't"

Wrong again

Maybe they're atheists because they read it, studied it and decided it was bollox

People give out to the Jehovah's for having a knock up every now and then but that atheist lot are proper busy. "

Atheism is a form of religion by definition of a particular disbelief. I don't care if there is or there isn't a god (lower case!), but if there is and this "god" is able to do all this wondrous stuff, why do such horrendous illnesses like cancer exist?

In my view, there are 3 options.

Either this "god" can do no "miracles" or other magic tricks like curing cancer, and is therefore not worth praying to.

Or this "god" CAN do all the magic stuff and chooses not to, which just makes "it" a complete git and not worthy of prayer.

Or no "god" exists.

The opening post is a contradiction. If someone has chosen to believe there is a god how would it be 'safer' to suddenly deny that belief.

Safer against what exactly?

If you don't believe then there's nothing to be concerned about so how can it be safer?

Leicester

"How do you yourself define a 'good' vicar? You seem to have rather fixed ideas and seem to be trying to suggest that your interpretation must be the correct one.

Those with a true faith can often very tolerant and accepting of 'outside of the norm',and some people of prominence within a church are simply accepting and sympathetic people, as are many people regardless of faith; seems from your argument you suggest pp vicar can only be acting in that manner from 'ulterior motive'.

"

To help as many people and save as many souls as they can is their ulterior motive.

"

"

"The original question mentioned no particular religion. A few are choosing to argue according to their own belief about particular beliefs.

"

This.

Though I do believe there is a god,and I believe that if in my life i treat people,planet and animals kindly and with respect,causing them no harm, then swinging in the scheme of all things would be not be something that I would be judged to have done wrong.

Not sure if that makes sense, but I know what I mean.

People give out to the Jehovah's for having a knock up every now and then but that atheist lot are proper busy.

Atheism is a form of religion by definition of a particular disbelief. I don't care if there is or there isn't a god (lower case!), but if there is and this "god" is able to do all this wondrous stuff, why do such horrendous illnesses like cancer exist?

In my view, there are 3 options.

Either this "god" can do no "miracles" or other magic tricks like curing cancer, and is therefore not worth praying to.

Or this "god" CAN do all the magic stuff and chooses not to, which just makes "it" a complete git and not worthy of prayer.

Or no "god" exists.

"

Or we're just not as important as we hope

Or a god exists but is beyond our comprehension, because we're not as clever as we think..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There have likely been thousands of religions and the current crop seem no more likely to be any less fantasy then the rest. If there's not an organised religion that fits my needs and outlook on sex and other important stuff, I conclude that they're all wrong.

Clearly nonsense devised to control people, whilst generating wealth, seems no better than a pyramid or ponzi scheme.

West Midlands

This.

Though I do believe there is a god,and I believe that if in my life i treat people,planet and animals kindly and with respect,causing them no harm, then swinging in the scheme of all things would be not be something that I would be judged to have done wrong.

Not sure if that makes sense, but I know what I mean. "

Nobody is perfect

Then they are deluded

Do you speak for God?

"

Why do you?

The bible is based on fact, is it 100% accurate? No

A lot of what is written in the bible is backed up by other writings, some of what is written is badly interpreted, some is misinpreterpreted, whether that may be deliberate or accidental. Do I take every word to be followed exactly? No

Do I speak for God? No

Everybody sins, be it lying stealing, fornication, profane language, even down to piercings and tattoos are classed as sins. So for anyone To say they don't sin, they are deluded

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Nobody is perfect

Anyone who says they believe/practice any of the major faiths are going against their teachings (dictates) by using this site."

Correct, uncommitted sex is simply incompatible with the scriptures/teachings of all the major religions, whatever the individual may feel comfortable with.

West Midlands

Nobody is perfect

Then they are deluded

Do you speak for God?

Why do you?

A lot of what is written in the bible is backed up by other writings, some of what is written is badly interpreted, some is misinpreterpreted, whether that may be deliberate or accidental. Do I take every word to be followed exactly? No

Do I speak for God? No

Everybody sins, be it lying stealing, fornication, profane language, even down to piercings and tattoos are classed as sins. So for anyone To say they don't sin, they are deluded"

But god forgives all sins

"How do you yourself define a 'good' vicar? You seem to have rather fixed ideas and seem to be trying to suggest that your interpretation must be the correct one.

To help as many people and save as many souls as they can is their ulterior motive."

Helping people and saving souls are not necessarily the same thing and arguably while you *may* be correct that saving souls is an ulterior motive of a vicar, some people just genuinely want to help in whatever form that may take.

By *rat32Couple  over a year ago

North Notts

Go on BBC iplayer, there's a very interesting programme called sex and the church. Should answer most of your questions.

Nobody is perfect

Then they are deluded

Do you speak for God?

Why do you?

Do I speak for God? No

Everybody sins, be it lying stealing, fornication, profane language, even down to piercings and tattoos are classed as sins. So for anyone To say they don't sin, they are deluded"

It depends on Where/how that person has formed their definition of sin though,doesn't it?

Nobody is perfect

Then they are deluded

Do you speak for God?

Why do you?

Do I speak for God? No

Everybody sins, be it lying stealing, fornication, profane language, even down to piercings and tattoos are classed as sins. So for anyone To say they don't sin, they are deluded

But god forgives all sins "

Sinners go to Hell

West Midlands

Nobody is perfect

Then they are deluded

Do you speak for God?

Why do you?

Do I speak for God? No

Sinners go to Hell"

So

I think what people get up to on through fab pales into insignificance when you compare it to the what paedophile priests are into. There is no hell. But if there was, I think I can guess which type of perverts will be at the top of the guest list

"

Op, the official current stance of the Catholic Church is that Hell does not exist. Did you know that?

My point is that all religions evolve. Taken literally the Bible and other holy books contradict themselves.

There is a difference between belief, faith and religion. Extremism has no more valid a claim to a faith than moderate free thinking believers.

You seem to be trying to tell people what the rules of their beliefs are based on your interpretation.

May I suggest you think it through first?

Nobody is perfect

Then they are deluded

Do you speak for God?

Why do you?

Do I speak for God? No

Sinners go to Hell"

So repentance gets you...

How can somebody sin if they don't believe in that particular god?

Leicester

To help as many people and save as many souls as they can is their ulterior motive.

Helping people and saving souls are not necessarily the same thing and arguably while you *may* be correct that saving souls is an ulterior motive of a vicar, some people just genuinely want to help in whatever form that may take. "

If I had meant them as the same thing I would've used a comma instead of "and".

best summed up by ricky Jervis as follows.

"If there is a god, well why did he make me an atheist" ?

also.. stephen fry tells it like it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwNYSQo

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 23/04/15 23:47:44]

West Midlands

"

Anyone who says they believe/practice any of the major faiths are going against their teachings (dictates) by using this site.

Op, the official current stance of the Catholic Church is that Hell does not exist. Did you know that?

My point is that all religions evolve. Taken literally the Bible and other holy books contradict themselves.

There is a difference between belief, faith and religion. Extremism has no more valid a claim to a faith than moderate free thinking believers.

You seem to be trying to tell people what the rules of their beliefs are based on your interpretation.

I assume you're referring to me and not the OP as you've quoted my post?

If so, I agree, religions do and have evolved. But, none, as far as I'm aware, have yet to condone fornication."

Neither do they disapprove

Your misinterpteting what they say

Helping people and saving souls are not necessarily the same thing and arguably while you *may* be correct that saving souls is an ulterior motive of a vicar, some people just genuinely want to help in whatever form that may take.

If I had meant them as the same thing I would've used a comma instead of "and"."

You seem to completely write off that some vicars may just possess good,kind characteristics and suggest they do as they do purely for the sake of their work.

May I ask, do you have an aversion to faith leaders/religion/ belief systems or are you merely mooting a point?

By *ilk n SteelCouple  over a year ago

Croydon

Interesting subject.

Are there actually any swingers who are also church goers here?

For example, do you go to a club on a Saturday night and commit all kinds of sin and adultery and then go to church on Sunday morning and ask for forgiveness?

Sounds like it would work of at least makes sense.

A lot of Christians believe you mustn't have sex outside of marraige. This is a real pity as we have a friend of 23, young and beautiful and with a fantastic gym body who is a virgin and saving herself for her husband on her wedding night. She has been denying herself pleasure for a decade due to an outdated superstition she has chosen to accept.

If there is a God, and they have given us these pleasure organs, then they would not prohibit us from using them and causing us to suffer with frustration through unquenched desires.

There was an argument, based on all these paedophile priests, that they are celibate and discourage sex between men and women, because they have no interest in it, as all they are interested in is little boys. One time that would have sounded outrageous. In recent times it's become a lot more believable.

And are there any swingers here who are church pastors or something similar? There doesn't seem anything wrong with a Pentecostal or Methodist community have a sub group of swingers.

Go to the club and see someone you know from church. We all have the run into someone we know at the club story. If you go to church it will probably happen. You probably won't talk about it after. Makes for a good story though.

What is it that religious persons have faith in?

Leicester

"

May I suggest you think it through first?"

If so, I agree, religions do and have evolved. But, none, as far as I'm aware, condone fornication.

"

If so, I agree, religions do and have evolved. But, none, as far as I'm aware, condone fornication."

That is your interpretation.

Leicester

You seem to completely write off that some vicars may just possess good,kind characteristics and suggest they do as they do purely for the sake of their work.

May I ask, do you have an aversion to faith leaders/religion/ belief systems or are you merely mooting a point? "

I'm not disputing that some vicars possess good, kind characteristics. But they didn't need to join the church to make use of those characteristics. They joined the church to do "God's work". Which ultimately is to save souls.

Leicester

"

If so, I agree, religions do and have evolved. But, none, as far as I'm aware, condone fornication.

That is your interpretation. "

Tell me a major mainstream religion that does condone fornication then.

May I ask, do you have an aversion to faith leaders/religion/ belief systems or are you merely mooting a point?

I'm not disputing that some vicars possess good, kind characteristics. But they didn't need to join the church to make use of those characteristics. They joined the church to do "God's work". Which ultimately is to save souls."

How do you know that? How Can you Say with complete conviction that they didn't find that church is the one place that allows them best to be the person they wish to be and naturally are?

Also, out of curiosity Id genuinely like to know where is the ultimate dictate that says the church(in this example) exists ultimately to 'save souls?'

"best summed up by ricky Jervis as follows.

"If there is a god, well why did he make me an atheist" ?

also.. stephen fry tells it like it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwNYSQo "

This is the thing I find most amusing. A celebrity said it so it must be true. Blindly following a celeb or blindly following a religion. Is there a difference ?

I am a spiritualist and a psychic. But also a naughty bitch why should anyone judge others

...Up on the Downs

I'm not disputing that some vicars possess good, kind characteristics. But they didn't need to join the church to make use of those characteristics. They joined the church to do "God's work". Which ultimately is to save souls.

How do you know that? How Can you Say with complete conviction that they didn't find that church is the one place that allows them best to be the person they wish to be and naturally are?

Also, out of curiosity Id genuinely like to know where is the ultimate dictate that says the church(in this example) exists ultimately to 'save souls?'

"

It's called 'The Great Commission' and is found in all the Gospels I believe.

"

That is your interpretation.

Tell me a major mainstream religion that does condone fornication then."

Tell me a major mainstream religion that delivers a message which is interpreted by all of its 'followers' in precisely the same way. The diversity of interpretation of Christianity is incredible, go to America and you'll get some sects speaking in 'tongues'!

All of the major religions are organic evolving fluid belief systems in nature. That's why many of the successful ones have stood the test of time.

When they change they rarely condemn their previous stance, they just seem to go quiet on it.

I still feel that you're using your interpretation of someone else's belief to judge them.

"

Thank you. I haven't read a bible in a very long time. I will read that.

However isn't it true that many parts of a bible can be taken in many ways?

I naively thought that showing the world gods love was a big part of it but I am always happy to learn.

Leicester

"How do you know that? How Can you Say with complete conviction that they didn't find that church is the one place that allows them best to be the person they wish to be and naturally are?

"

There are many many charities out there for someone with "good, kind characteristics" that will enable them "to be the person they wish to be and naturally are". If that includes a strong belief in God and wishing to serve him they become a vicar, priest, imam, rabbi, whatever.

When any church, synagogue or mosque starts extolling the virtues of a Fabswingers lifestyle instead of preaching about redemption, accepting God/Christ and the rest of it, then I'll retract every last word I've said.

For now, I'm going to bed. Good night, and may your God go with you

Leicester

"Tell me a major mainstream religion that delivers a message which is interpreted by all of its 'followers' in precisely the same way. The diversity of interpretation of Christianity is incredible, go to America and you'll get some sects speaking in 'tongues'!

All of the major religions are organic evolving fluid belief systems in nature. That's why many of the successful ones have stood the test of time.

When they change they rarely condemn their previous stance, they just seem to go quiet on it.

I still feel that you're using your interpretation of someone else's belief to judge them."

Yes yes, again, I'm not disagreeing with you. But, I'm still waiting for you to tell me a mainstream religion that condones fornication.

I'll read which religion(s) you come up with later as I've definitely got to get some sleep.

"How do you know that? How Can you Say with complete conviction that they didn't find that church is the one place that allows them best to be the person they wish to be and naturally are?

There are many many charities out there for someone with "good, kind characteristics" that will enable them "to be the person they wish to be and naturally are". If that includes a strong belief in God and wishing to serve him they become a vicar, priest, imam, rabbi, whatever.

When any church, synagogue or mosque starts extolling the virtues of a Fabswingers lifestyle instead of preaching about redemption, accepting God/Christ and the rest of it, then I'll retract every last word I've said.

For now, I'm going to bed. Good night, and may your God go with you "

It's been a pleasure seeing your debate.

My god goes where he pleases.Or where hes needed.

Goodnight to you.

"Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean I wont burn in hell...hey ho "

Lol

"Tell me a major mainstream religion that delivers a message which is interpreted by all of its 'followers' in precisely the same way. The diversity of interpretation of Christianity is incredible, go to America and you'll get some sects speaking in 'tongues'!

I still feel that you're using your interpretation of someone else's belief to judge them.

Yes yes, again, I'm not disagreeing with you. But, I'm still waiting for you to tell me a mainstream religion that condones fornication.

I'll read which religion(s) you come up with later as I've definitely got to get some sleep."

Definitely more to say about condoning fornication...but another time perhaps.

I'll read which religion(s) you come up with later as I've definitely got to get some sleep."

You're asking me to tell you what a major religion condones and does not condone when followers of most major religions can't even agree on that because of their differing interpretation.

I cannot speak for any of these religions or for those who choose to interpret their 'teachings'.

I would say that in my opinion what these religions choose to condone or condemn is fluid and certainly not fixed.

...Up on the Downs

Thank you. I haven't read a bible in a very long time. I will read that.

However isn't it true that many parts of a bible can be taken in many ways?

I naively thought that showing the world gods love was a big part of it but I am always happy to learn."

Indeed, but the passages concerned are fairly unambiguous.

Wembley

"Interesting subject.

Are there actually any swingers who are also church goers here?

For example, do you go to a club on a Saturday night and commit all kinds of sin and adultery and then go to church on Sunday morning and ask for forgiveness?

Sounds like it would work of at least makes sense.

A lot of Christians believe you mustn't have sex outside of marraige. This is a real pity as we have a friend of 23, young and beautiful and with a fantastic gym body who is a virgin and saving herself for her husband on her wedding night. She has been denying herself pleasure for a decade due to an outdated superstition she has chosen to accept.

If there is a God, and they have given us these pleasure organs, then they would not prohibit us from using them and causing us to suffer with frustration through unquenched desires.

There was an argument, based on all these paedophile priests, that they are celibate and discourage sex between men and women, because they have no interest in it, as all they are interested in is little boys. One time that would have sounded outrageous. In recent times it's become a lot more believable.

And are there any swingers here who are church pastors or something similar? There doesn't seem anything wrong with a Pentecostal or Methodist community have a sub group of swingers.

Go to the club and see someone you know from church. We all have the run into someone we know at the club story. If you go to church it will probably happen. You probably won't talk about it after. Makes for a good story though.

"

I promised that I won't write more here but feel that someone does need to reply

Yes, I do exactly that (return from a swingers' club at 2 am on a Sunday morning and attend Mass at 8:30 am)

Just because I exceed the speed limit on the motorway, doesn't now mean that all bets are off for me and I might as well now start thieving and committing murder too

My priest is aware that I am bisexual and have a girlfriend. I don't know what he really thinks about that but this hasn't stopped me attending Mass

"

"

Who is it a pity for, her or you? Sounds like she's happy with her decision and her faith. You think she should have been having sex since she was 13? Or does she also not masturbate? Found this statement a bit creepy tbh. What about if she was a bit chubby - would it still be a shame?

Croydon

"

Who is it a pity for, her or you? Sounds like she's happy with her decision and her faith. You think she should have been having sex since she was 13? Or does she also not masturbate? Found this statement a bit creepy tbh. What about if she was a bit chubby - would it still be a shame?

"

Sounds like you are trolling but we will answer the points.

It is a shame for her as she could have been enjoying her sexuality as a young woman but she has been forced to deny herself due to a superstition.

A lot of people become sexually active at puberty, and yes that can be as young as thirteen, or sixteen, or whenever you feel ready.

It has nothing to do with whether she masturbates.

It has nothing to do with being chubby, or anything to do with body type. The fact that she is beautiful and has a lot of attention over the years means she has had to deny herself a lot of opportunities.

Don't project your own body issues and insecurities into a thread about something else. That is the same as bringing up racism and politics.

There is nothing creepy about our statement except in your disturbed little mind where you are looking for problems. Keep that kind of comment to yourself.

Other than that, our original point, it is a great pity that this beautiful, fit, attractive young lady, has had to deny herself pleasures of the flesh for the first part of her youth for no real genuine reason. Whether she wanted one boyfriend, a series, or to be a swinger. It should have been her choice.

"

It is a shame for her as she could have been enjoying her sexuality as a young woman but she has been forced to deny herself due to a superstition.

A lot of people become sexually active at puberty, and yes that can be as young as thirteen, or sixteen, or whenever you feel ready.

It has nothing to do with being chubby, or anything to do with body type. The fact that she is beautiful and has a lot of attention over the years means she has had to deny herself a lot of opportunities.

Don't project your own body issues and insecurities into a thread about something else. That is the same as bringing up racism and politics.

There is nothing creepy about our statement except in your disturbed little mind where you are looking for problems. Keep that kind of comment to yourself.

Other than that, our original point, it is a great pity that this beautiful, fit, attractive young lady, has had to deny herself pleasures of the flesh for the first part of her youth for no real genuine reason. Whether she wanted one boyfriend, a series, or to be a swinger. It should have been her choice.

"

It is her choice!

Croydon

It is not her choice. She has been brought up, force fed and brainwashed into a so called religion that tells her she must not have sex before marraige because they decided she must not.

It is like those people who get up on stage at hypnosis shows. They agree in advance to participate so therefore agree to do what the hypnotist wants. It is not their choice to do the commands beyond that point.

When religions and cults get people in, especially at any early age, they can then force people to go against their natural instincts and choices.

And this is from a religion that thinks their creator gave them free will.

God creates you with these desires.

God gives you free will.

God lets a group of men set up a bunch of rules that supposedly come from him that tells you not go use your free will to act on your natural desires.

Don't tell me her celibacy is in any way her choice.

"

"

it's her mind it's her body and she makes her chose about what's is right for her.. We are all different and she is too . I had a high sex drive very young but I know not everyone has my sister could not care if she ever had sex.

"

"

Wow. Thanks for that. Your response says a lot more about you than about me so quite frankly I'm backing away from this thread slowly.

"It is not her choice. She has been brought up, force fed and brainwashed into a so called religion that tells her she must not have sex before marraige because they decided she must not.

It is like those people who get up on stage at hypnosis shows. They agree in advance to participate so therefore agree to do what the hypnotist wants. It is not their choice to do the commands beyond that point.

When religions and cults get people in, especially at any early age, they can then force people to go against their natural instincts and choices.

God gives you free will.

God lets a group of men set up a bunch of rules that supposedly come from him that tells you not go use your free will to act on your natural desires.

"

You said it here, God gave here a free will to decide, she has a choice, you are the one not respecting her choice of celibacy.

She is living her life by her moral code not yours.

Respect that

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

. Why would you be deluding yourself? Christianity has many positive points . I fail to see why being religious should stop you enjoying swinging activities. I prefer to judge people by the good things that they do , not whether a religious person has a right to enjoy swinging .

"It is not her choice. She has been brought up, force fed and brainwashed into a so called religion that tells her she must not have sex before marraige because they decided she must not.

God gives you free will.

"

I know people that saved them self for the one person and very very happy they did as there values are very different and feels right for them.

Croydon

God gives you free will.

You said it here, God gave here a free will to decide, she has a choice, you are the one not respecting her choice of celibacy.

Respect that"

It depends whether you believe in God.

These celibacy decisions are made by a group of men. She has been told she has to go along with them.

She is not doing this by her own choice.

She is not living her life, she has been forced to compromise it by others.

Who the fuck should respect that?

She has been force fed lies that make her live her life in a way other than she would choose.

Croydon

God gives you free will.

I know people that saved them self for the one person and very very happy they did as there values are very different and feels right for them. "

That is great if it was their choice.

When someone has been forced into this choice because another group of people are telling them it is what they have to do then it is no longer their choice. That is the case with the friend we are talking about. She did not choose this for herself, she believes she has to go this path because other people tell her so.

Croydon

"As someone above said, people will pick out the bits that suit them but I don't think there is any major recognised faith that would condone this site and anyone that calls themselves religious and uses it are deluding themselves.. Why would you be deluding yourself? Christianity has many positive points . I fail to see why being religious should stop you enjoying swinging activities. I prefer to judge people by the good things that they do , not whether a religious person has a right to enjoy swinging ."

Exactly.

Well said.

God gives you free will.

I know people that saved them self for the one person and very very happy they did as there values are very different and feels right for them.

When someone has been forced into this choice because another group of people are telling them it is what they have to do then it is no longer their choice. That is the case with the friend we are talking about. She did not choose this for herself, she believes she has to go this path because other people tell her so.

"

we'll only herself to blame if what your saying is right as there's a big world out there and people are not thick can see what's going on ..she picked to live it that way as felt right for her.

Hahahahaha.....

Reading through some posts in this thread I find it highly amusing some people seem oblivious to the rank hypocrisy of trying to tell others how think whilst simultaneously criticising religion for supposedly telling those same people how to think......

"

"

Wow, that's a strong response to what seems to me to be a reasonable post (although I probably wouldn't have used the word creepy).

You belittle your friends choices, beliefs and way of life as an outdated superstition. It's probably fair to assume she's happy with her choices or she would have changed them don't you think?

Why judge her by your standards?

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

I note no one has mentioned in early times marriage took place when a man and woman engaged in sexual intercourse.

In addition in medieval, England 15th & 16th centuries, the church and various bishop's owned and ran brothels.

God gives you free will.

Respect that

It depends whether you believe in God.

These celibacy decisions are made by a group of men. She has been told she has to go along with them.

She is not doing this by her own choice.

She is not living her life, she has been forced to compromise it by others.

Who the fuck should respect that?

She has been force fed lies that make her live her life in a way other than she would choose.

"

what lies is she being force fed? Just because she lives her life by a different moral code to you?

The Bible was compiled about fifteen hundred years ago, some parts are many hundreds of years older than that. It lays down a moral code similar to the worlds two other main religions in fact all three major world religions share the same roots. This moral code was needed at a time when many parts of the world were barely more than savages. Without this foundation the western world would not have progressed to where it is.

You can blame war and suffering on religion which is not truth either, that is based on the quest for power and riches under the pretence of religion.

You want tolerance and acceptance for the way you live your life yet you seek to deny that same tolerance for others who don't share your views. That is hypocritical of you. It is never a bad thing to have a belief system, why would you want to take that away from somebody? Sometimes that is all they have.

God gives you free will.

"

so you have the hots for her and turning you down ... Lol it's sounds like that you know.

"

Wow, that's a strong response to what seems to me to be a reasonable post (although I probably wouldn't have used the word creepy).

You belittle your friends choices, beliefs and way of life as an outdated superstition. It's probably fair to assume she's happy with her choices or she would have changed them don't you think?

Why judge her by your standards?"

Yeah but I'm a fake though innit

God gives you free will.

so you have the hots for her and turning you down ... Lol it's sounds like that you know. "

That was my reason for the choice of the word creepy. Well that and the fact they think she should have been having sex for the last decade and she's 23....

"I note no one has mentioned in early times marriage took place when a man and woman engaged in sexual intercourse.

In addition in medieval, England 15th & 16th centuries, the church and various bishop's owned and ran brothels.

"

Very good post.

Religion evolves.

I am not religious but it's not difficult for me to respect those who follow a belief system and choose to interpret it in a way that suits them. Their choice.

I have nothing against 'religion' of any kind & i'm glad some people can take comfort from it all but I don't believe in words written by man just because I was told too...I believe in God I just feel Mankind has distorted his message out of greed & self preservation. I'm no shepard & my aim is to ensure i'm no sheep. My religion is 'happiness'

God gives you free will.

so you have the hots for her and turning you down ... Lol it's sounds like that you know.

That was my reason for the choice of the word creepy. Well that and the fact they think she should have been having sex for the last decade and she's 23...."

I know ....xx and I know your not a fake too and I know you have fab pics ...and I wish I could take a bum pic like that..

OMG!

Wisbech and A47 corridor

So you think if Christ came back he would approve of wife swapping? Various sexual partners? Gang bangs? Dogging?"

. Christ would be interested in peoples good points , not what they do in private . Why would there be any for him to either approve or disapprove ?.

God gives you free will.

That was my reason for the choice of the word creepy. Well that and the fact they think she should have been having sex for the last decade and she's 23.... I know ....xx and I know your not a fake too and I know you have fab pics ...and I wish I could take a bum pic like that.. "

Shhh, don't tell anyone, it's a fake bum

The original question was quite interesting - whether a god would be ok with what's in your head, and from my perspective I reckon so.

But instead it's become hijacked by people dogmatic in their own views on other people's beliefs.

For me religion has good and bad points as others have mentioned, but it's a man made construct and not something any god would have any interest in.

What is important is for people to have belief in their own life. I can't see how ridiculing people for how they choose to find that belief is worthwhile.

God gives you free will.

That was my reason for the choice of the word creepy. Well that and the fact they think she should have been having sex for the last decade and she's 23.... I know ....xx and I know your not a fake too and I know you have fab pics ...and I wish I could take a bum pic like that..

Shhh, don't tell anyone, it's a fake bum "

Where can I purchase one of them ?

"

Where can I purchase one of them ? "

From the troll shop, where I got my custom tailored fake profile; the chubby married bird model.

I think the accusatory posts have been deleted so this probably makes no sense

By *erbyDalesCplCouple  over a year ago

Derbyshire

Gosh! Who'd've thought a topic on religion could've got so heated. (What with all that 'turning the other cheek' malarkey)

Still, disappointed no-one has mentioned the Jain Temples at Khajuraho.

Our son was conceived using one of those positions, and I'm sure pornagraphic carvings would help reverse falling church attendance....

Mr ddc

So you think if Christ came back he would approve of wife swapping? Various sexual partners? Gang bangs? Dogging?"

I think he would be too busy turning water into wine and getting pissed with the boys to give a toss what we are doing.

"

Where can I purchase one of them ?

From the troll shop, where I got my custom tailored fake profile; the chubby married bird model.

I think the accusatory posts have been deleted so this probably makes no sense "

I saw it. It made me .

Always makes me chuckle when I see atheists putting so much time and effort into denouncing the existence of something they don't believe in...

Wolverhampton

"Go on BBC iplayer, there's a very interesting programme called sex and the church. Should answer most of your questions. "

Answer to questions?

The only questions that Atheists ask are:

Why do most major religions involve indoctrination from an early age?

Why do most religions seem to hate those who believe in other gods even to the extent of annihilation?

Why is there often fatal disagreement amongst people of the same faith?

If you want to hear something interesting listen to Pat Condell on U toob or 'How to convert an atheist' same media.

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"The original question was quite interesting - whether a god would be ok with what's in your head, and from my perspective I reckon so.

But instead it's become hijacked by people dogmatic in their own views on other people's beliefs.

For me religion has good and bad points as others have mentioned, but it's a man made construct and not something any god would have any interest in.

What is important is for people to have belief in their own life. I can't see how ridiculing people for how they choose to find that belief is worthwhile.

"

In discussions about religion and religious people it's sometimes useful to make a distinction between the official teachings of the higher echelons of a religion and the day to day beliefs and practices of most followers of those religions. There are openly gay couples at my Catholic church who are welcomed by the priest and the rest of the congregation there. There are people from other faiths who come along, divorced people, single parents and (shock horror) people who use contraception. All of this is anathema to the Catholic church officially, but people are accepted and supported in the local church community.

Among most normal, everyday followers of most religions you won't find condemnation of other faiths as you've described.

Some people might call it hypocrisy or picking and choosing the bits you agree with from a religion, but to me that's more what having a faith is really about than something an old man in the Vatican says.

Derbyshire

Although, interestingly, adultery is the one topic we DO have Jesus's actual views on. Which is why it's interesting that this is often the one time people opt for the Old Testament teachings instead...

London

"In discussions about religion and religious people it's sometimes useful to make a distinction between the official teachings of the higher echelons of a religion and the day to day beliefs and practices of most followers of those religions. There are openly gay couples at my Catholic church who are welcomed by the priest and the rest of the congregation there. There are people from other faiths who come along, divorced people, single parents and (shock horror) people who use contraception. All of this is anathema to the Catholic church officially, but people are accepted and supported in the local church community.

Among most normal, everyday followers of most religions you won't find condemnation of other faiths as you've described.

Some people might call it hypocrisy or picking and choosing the bits you agree with from a religion, but to me that's more what having a faith is really about than something an old man in the Vatican says.

"

Just wondering, why do Atheists focus so heavily on Christianity? This is a genuine question and not a dig as a lot of the arguments are directed towards this particular faith and there's others.

manchester & NI

"In discussions about religion and religious people it's sometimes useful to make a distinction between the official teachings of the higher echelons of a religion and the day to day beliefs and practices of most followers of those religions. There are openly gay couples at my Catholic church who are welcomed by the priest and the rest of the congregation there. There are people from other faiths who come along, divorced people, single parents and (shock horror) people who use contraception. All of this is anathema to the Catholic church officially, but people are accepted and supported in the local church community.

"

So if religion is a la carte then why does the established hierarchy exist?

As both a physical and a philosophical presence.

"I hear God's name called a lot in clubs"

Ha ha, properly more than its called out in church.....

Just wondering, why do Atheists focus so heavily on Christianity? This is a genuine question and not a dig as a lot of the arguments are directed towards this particular faith and there's others. "

Christianity is an easier and more familiar target.

Just wondering, why do Atheists focus so heavily on Christianity? This is a genuine question and not a dig as a lot of the arguments are directed towards this particular faith and there's others. "

Hmm, I don't really know but perhaps it's still more socially acceptable to criticise Christianity? Otherwise I'd suggest that for most people living in Britain, Christianity is still the religion they know most about and have had most experience of.

"I hear God's name called a lot in clubs

Ha ha, properly more than its called out in church..... "

Worshipping at the temple of lurve

manchester & NI

Probably because it still affects their lifes even if they're not Christian.

Faith schools, shop and pub opening hours, public holidays.

No one's life is untouched in the UK by Christian practice, even if it's in the smallest of ways.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Here endeth the first lesson.

London

I think Atheists should target other religions too. They're clearly not doing their job properly!

Derbyshire

"I think Atheists should target other religions too. They're clearly not doing their job properly! "

I disagree, I think everyone should live and let live.

I'm happy to have a lengthy, deep, philosophical discussion about religion with anyone, but too often it descends into petty insults if one's not careful.

The stupid thing is, that underneath all the dogma, most religions, and humanism, are preaching the same 'treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself' mantra.

I've only met one Christian who represents what a Christian should be. A truly remarkable man. I don't understand religions or gods. If anything, I wish I did believe but for me, it's a ridiculous concept. I don't judge people for believing in a god. But I do despise all religions for taxing peoples belief. They sicken me to the very core of my being. I would happily throw them all into a fiery pit and watch them burn.

Be good to yourselves and eachother.

Trainee nun on radio 2 right now 'I'm not in a relationship that's exclusive', 'I try to love everyone'

London

"I think Atheists should target other religions too. They're clearly not doing their job properly!

I disagree, I think everyone should live and let live.

I'm happy to have a lengthy, deep, philosophical discussion about religion with anyone, but too often it descends into petty insults if one's not careful.

The stupid thing is, that underneath all the dogma, most religions, and humanism, are preaching the same 'treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself' mantra."

I was joking by the way! Please note the:

Derbyshire

"

"

Sorry Mr R, I skipped a large chunk in the middle as it looked a little heavy and shouty, consequently I misread your ''

London

"

Sorry Mr R, I skipped a large chunk in the middle as it looked a little heavy and shouty, consequently I misread your ''

"

Please, call me CL

Derbyshire

By *gNeMan  over a year ago

Harrogate

In the modern era, I think we are lacking the community spirit imbued by religion in times gone by.

The core moral teachings of any major religion are good, and the social benefits are obvious.

The problem is that with freedom of information being as fluvial as it is now, most educated people can see the flaws and the inconsistencies present in these ancient documents.

The fact that so many different books have supposedly been written by different gods proves that humanity has the capacity to fabricate deity's.

We need a replacement ideology, one in which people are free to express human conscience, one which encourages spiritual connection and seeks answers to philosophical questions without the limitation of thousand of years of doctrine and dogma.

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Go on BBC iplayer, there's a very interesting programme called sex and the church. Should answer most of your questions.

Answer to questions?

Why do most religions seem to hate those who believe in other gods even to the extent of annihilation?

If you want to hear something interesting listen to Pat Condell on U toob or 'How to convert an atheist' same media.

"

. I am unaware of any major religions where mmembers hate those that believe in other Gods .This would be totally against the principles of Christianity . How can there be fatal disagreement any people of the same faith?

Derbyshire

"Go on BBC iplayer, there's a very interesting programme called sex and the church. Should answer most of your questions.

Answer to questions?

. I am unaware of any major religions where mmembers hate those that believe in other Gods .This would be totally against the principles of Christianity . How can there be fatal disagreement any people of the same faith? "

Different faiths: crusades, treatment of the Jews, treatment of pagan religions by early Christians...

Same faith: French Hugenots, Spanish Inquisition, Bloody Mary, Sunni & Shia Muslims....

Religion is about controlling the masses by a few. The weak and uneducated are subjected to threats of eternal damnation if they do not follow the priests rules and promises of rewards in an afterlife if they put up with the bad things done to them in this life. When this is questioned, punishment is given.

Free thought is the greatest threat to religions everywhere. The rise of religious extremism is, in my opinion, a reaction to the spread of free thought.

Wolverhampton

Answer to questions?

. I am unaware of any major religions where mmembers hate those that believe in other Gods .This would be totally against the principles of Christianity . How can there be fatal disagreement any people of the same faith? "

Oh, have you missed out on the history of the last 2000 years somehow?

catholic's killing protestants and vice versa, one muslim sect wiping out another. It's like an untreatable virus.

As regards what Atheists should be doing or studying or whatever. All theists need to do is stop trying, by accident or design, to force logical people (Atheists) to give credence to their belief in ancient texts and various fairy stories.

If God didn't want us to have sex, he wouldn't have made it so pleasurable.

I refuse to follow any religion who's code of conduct is underwritten with 'Make War not Love'.

Harrogate

"Religion is about controlling the masses by a few. The weak and uneducated are subjected to threats of eternal damnation if they do not follow the priests rules and promises of rewards in an afterlife if they put up with the bad things done to them in this life. When this is questioned, punishment is given.

Free thought is the greatest threat to religions everywhere. The rise of religious extremism is, in my opinion, a reaction to the spread of free thought.

"

I agree with that sentiment generally. However I think a lot of people fail to see the good that religion has done. In the majority of communities throughout history, religious beliefs certainly provided a 'social glue' which is lacking in most modern societies..

Answer to questions?

. I am unaware of any major religions where mmembers hate those that believe in other Gods .This would be totally against the principles of Christianity . How can there be fatal disagreement any people of the same faith?

Oh, have you missed out on the history of the last 2000 years somehow?

catholic's killing protestants and vice versa, one muslim sect wiping out another. It's like an untreatable virus.

As regards what Atheists should be doing or studying or whatever. All theists need to do is stop trying, by accident or design, to force logical people (Atheists) to give credence to their belief in ancient texts and various fairy stories. "

Most of those examples are not where the religious teaching itself advocated persecution of a different faith, rather those are political uses of religion as a front for oppression, invasion or scapegoating for whatever purpose was served at the time. If relgion didn't exist man would still find another excuse to do such things to another. The bloodshed involved in the Reformation for example was almost wholly geopolitical in motivation.

Derbyshire

"Religion is about controlling the masses by a few. The weak and uneducated are subjected to threats of eternal damnation if they do not follow the priests rules and promises of rewards in an afterlife if they put up with the bad things done to them in this life. When this is questioned, punishment is given.

I agree with that sentiment generally. However I think a lot of people fail to see the good that religion has done. In the majority of communities throughout history, religious beliefs certainly provided a 'social glue' which is lacking in most modern societies.. "

And that for many people, their personal faith has helped them get through many hardships in their life.

Who am I to take that away from them just because I see things differently?

By *punkloverCouple  over a year ago

hatfield

To quote the supreme rock n roller Jerry Lee Lewis....... "when i get to those pearly gates i'm coming thru backwards with my hair on fire rockin and rollin !"

By *arkinberksMan  over a year ago

Ascot

It all depends on which bits of Christianity you want to hang your hat on. Isn't there something about loving your neighbours I'm Ok anyway. I'm Catholic. All I have to do is repent on my deathbed and I'll do a spell in purgatory before entering the pearly gates. Religion and sex are often intertwined. How many have sown their wild oats on a Saturday night and prayed for a crop failure on Sunday morning

By *incs2someCouple  over a year ago

cleethorpes

islam suggests that theirs is the only true faith and that all others should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Harrogate

"islam suggests that theirs is the only true faith and that all others should be wiped from the face of the earth.

"

Citation and reference please..!

Harrogate

"

Most of those examples are not where the religious teaching itself advocated persecution of a different faith, rather those are political uses of religion as a front for oppression, invasion or scapegoating for whatever purpose was served at the time. If relgion didn't exist man would still find another excuse to do such things to another. The bloodshed involved in the Reformation for example was almost wholly geopolitical in motivation.

"

Finally one I can wholeheartedly agree with you on!

"

Finally one I can wholeheartedly agree with you on! "

Oh god, I think that's one of the harbingers of the apocalypse. It says in Revelation I think

Wolverhampton

"islam suggests that theirs is the only true faith and that all others should be wiped from the face of the earth.

Citation and reference please..!"

Read the qu'ran. Listen to the screams of allahu akbar as heads are removed, women stoned, or during a FGM ceremony.

Those things are cultural interpretations, they are not the teachings of the Quran. More examples of people doing things which are about oppression, politics and culture, not the real teachings or ethos of a faith.