FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > St Georges Day

St Georges Day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As we are having our nation identity eroded by the p.c brigade, shouldn't we celebrate our patron saints day with the same fever that St Patricks day gets

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

Yes, I guess it would be nice. The PC brigade would probably have something to say about it though, sadly.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I totally agree I'm going to call in sick tomorrow under the grounds of extreme celebration and intense hangover

By *.nottsbloke..Man  over a year ago

visiter

Indeed I hear so many say nation racist day it really annoys me its almost a chrime to be proud

"Indeed I hear so many say nation racist day it really annoys me its almost a chrime to be proud"

And I bet that's by white people.....

Happy St Georges Day.

Which is strange when you consider that St George was a foreign roman soldier

I've only ever hear English people complain that if you celebrate St George's day you'll be considered racist. Here in Wales we celebrate St David's day and the general opinion of people down here we think it's weird that England doesn't make the same fuss.

Celebrate your day, nobody think it's racist. Happy st George's day

By *iscomanMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Yet again St George is a forgotten Saint

We English are now more the odd ones out

It should be celebrated. My only concern is that the far right come out and hijack the day.

A lot of nations have skeletons in the Cupboard Includeing England but we have Plenty to be proud of as well down to The sacrifice of a lot of men, Defeating

Napoleon, the kaiser, and hitler our Democracy would have been long gone, Times have changed we all know that, but Where in the world do you have so many Cultures on one small land mass who Generally get on fine and deal with each day has it comes be it radicalism,racism,politics,generally Everything If you put all this in the Bigger picture I still think we are a Great britain in the broader sense Lets hope we all realise that which I,m sure the majority of us do.

Perhaps celebrate St George's day with a visit to the Chip Shop

"Perhaps celebrate St George's day with a visit to the Chip Shop

"

"As we are having our nation identity eroded by the p.c brigade, shouldn't we celebrate our patron saints day with the same fever that St Patricks day gets"

Who are the PC brigade and how are they eroding our national identity?

I agree. Government don't do enough to promote it. Yet that twit Boris make sure Patrick day is promoted in London.

"Which is strange when you consider that St George was a foreign roman soldier "

Yeah but what have the Romans ever done for us?

"Which is strange when you consider that St George was a foreign roman soldier

Yeah but what have the Romans ever done for us? "

Roads

By *ornyandsexy69Couple  over a year ago

Hull

"

. We did just that.

Happy St Georges day for yesterday from someone from northern Ireland.

Where i live St Patrick day used to be considered as racist as one side of the community seemed to hijack it.

There has been a change where both sides started going to celebrate which is great.

Is there a marking chance to sell St Georges day cards? Lol

Purely for practical reasons I am against this holiday as we already have Easter, mayday and whitsun and yet another holiday at this time of year when potentially the weather is more likely to be crap isn't it just is a bit silly. It would be better to have it at end of July or beginning of august.

[Removed by poster at 24/04/15 08:56:22]

"Purely for practical reasons I am against this holiday as we already have Easter, mayday and whitsun and yet another holiday at this time of year when potentially the weather is more likely to be crap isn't it just is a bit silly. It would be better to have it at end of July or beginning of august."

We could have a St Swithins day on the 14th July and all stand around praying it doesn't rain and fuck up the next 40 days when the kids are all off school.

By *picyspiregirlCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

. We did just that. "

Curry and chips for us.

I still say we ought to have a St Swithins day. Much better time of year. Ok let's vote. St Swithins day or St Georges day.

By *orflondonerMan  over a year ago

Wood Green

I celebrated it yesterday with many like minded souls in a great little pub in Covent Garden.

No bigotry,just a light hearted fun celebration of being English.

Bloody dear round though

Oh for fucks sake get over it already, if people wanted to celebrate St George's day they would, but no, the good people of England use it as an excuse to piss and fucking moan.

And as for this horse shit about being scared of being called racist, in the 70s and 80s the national front used our nations flag as a symbol of clear racist intent, so blame them for using the flag of our once great nation and turning it into something not to be proud of like in other countries but a symbol of hate, THATS offensive.

Don't start to preach to me when I attended a St George's day parade in sandwell a few years ago and was disapointed to find d*unk skinheads swearing and using offensive language in front of my six year old daughter, you lose all claim to the high ground when a child hears an adult shouting "send the fuckers back" send them back? They have been saying that for years and now they want em arrested as soon as they get any where near Syria and shipped back for trial

Upshot is, I would love a St George's day Holliday, a day to celebrate ALL English people, a day when we can get up from our sish furniture, get in our German cars, go to a place twinned with a place in France, drink some Belgian beer, go have an Indian or Greek or Chinese meal then lock up the car and be driven home by a cheerful bloke from Pakistan to laugh our heads off at an Irish cross dresser or a couple of Irish priests.

I fucking love being English, but for fuck sake, the world owes us nothing, we have no empire, 1966 was a long time ago, and we no longer rule the waves, but we have potential.

» Add a new message to this topic