FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Old mobile phone contract

Old mobile phone contract

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lacksausage OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

My mobile contract which I had cancelled over a year ago, suddenly started working again.

I have had the contract for about 7 years then cancelled it and moved on to a diff network. DIRECT DEBITS stopped and that was that. Now the phone is working after 16 months of cancellation.

Are there any implications or shall I just leave it till anything comes of it? What would you do?

Lovely swinger.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do you mean incoming or outgoing? A lot of phones will receive calls for long after a contract expires.

In fact PAYG sims will normally receive calls and text without you ever putting a penny of credit on.

By *lttattoocoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Do you mean incoming or outgoing? A lot of phones will receive calls for long after a contract expires.

In fact PAYG sims will normally receive calls and text without you ever putting a penny of credit on."

I'd call the provider to cover yourself.

Payg sims will expire after 12 months of no topups

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Worst case would be those highly expensive scam texts or reverse charged calls coming.

It's usually not easy to contact the mobile operators at the best of times, but I think it's worth it in this instance. Perhaps the number should have been allocated to a different account, and it's remained on that one, which had been dormant and got reactivated in error - who knows! I'd probably send the network an email, at the least. Stranger still, is the random chance that you happened to notice, after all this time - maybe very lucky that you did.

By *lacksausage OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

"Worst case would be those highly expensive scam texts or reverse charged calls coming.

It's usually not easy to contact the mobile operators at the best of times, but I think it's worth it in this instance. Perhaps the number should have been allocated to a different account, and it's remained on that one, which had been dormant and got reactivated in error - who knows! I'd probably send the network an email, at the least. Stranger still, is the random chance that you happened to notice, after all this time - maybe very lucky that you did."

Yep, i received one of those dodgy text massages about insurance claims saying blah blaa and to text stop if not interested so i did, thinking it wouldnt go through anyway. Surprise surprise, the text went through!!

I tried my current mobile number and it went through. Texts and calls worked.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My mobile contract which I had cancelled over a year ago, suddenly started working again.

I have had the contract for about 7 years then cancelled it and moved on to a diff network. DIRECT DEBITS stopped and that was that. Now the phone is working after 16 months of cancellation.

What happens if you get slapped with a hefty bill?

Are there any implications or shall I just leave it till anything comes of it? What would you do?

Lovely swinger. "

» Add a new message to this topic