FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dread!!

Dread!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My baby goes off to uni in Derby next month and my middle daughter has just announced her and her boyfriend are moving in together.

She told me a couple of hours ago, they've just returned from looking at a flat they've fallen in love with and she'll be moving before her sister goes to uni!!

Why has my three storey house suddenly turned into a prison?!! Why do I have visions of falling down the stairs, being left there for days, dying alone?!! Why do I feel my house will be burgled and my throat cut while I'm asleep?!! Why am I such a drama queen?!!

I will be on my own for the first time in my nearly 50 years, and I'm dreading it - which has really surprised me. No kids thwarting my plans, returning early when I have a meet, I should be cock-a-hoop, but I'm not...just putting on a brave face.

How have others coped with children leaving home?!!

Survival tips greatly appreciated!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

my kids never left home

I DID !

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

Gawds !! I wish they WOULD !

They have been cluttering up my house, my garage, my yard and my life since they were born.

Yes I love them all dearly and would never have been without them, but now they can MOVE OUT, please! and give me some space . . .

hehe

Jane x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/08/10 20:30:00]

a lodger

foster child

host a book club in your home

enjoy your peace and quiet after bringing up yur girls... maybe in a few years when you have grandkids running about, you may crave the peace and quiet

x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I always knew my son was going to leave home as soon as he left school, i made myself so ill the three months prior to him going, the first couple of months i was lost but now its absolutly bliss dont think i could ever live with anyone again

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I dont have kids so I cant help sorry.

But can I have a invite to the first party in your empty house please?

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

I can understand how you must feel! I've lived on my own in the past and really grew to love it! If you haven't got a burglar alarm, get one - when you're tucked up in bed you know you're safe! Enjoy the freedom, all the best, Zoe

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"My baby goes off to uni in Derby next month and my middle daughter has just announced her and her boyfriend are moving in together.

She told me a couple of hours ago, they've just returned from looking at a flat they've fallen in love with and she'll be moving before her sister goes to uni!!

Why has my three storey house suddenly turned into a prison?!! Why do I have visions of falling down the stairs, being left there for days, dying alone?!! Why do I feel my house will be burgled and my throat cut while I'm asleep?!! Why am I such a drama queen?!!

I will be on my own for the first time in my nearly 50 years, and I'm dreading it - which has really surprised me. No kids thwarting my plans, returning early when I have a meet, I should be cock-a-hoop, but I'm not...just putting on a brave face.

Survival tips greatly appreciated!! "

Pick up the phone to the locksmith as you wave goodbye to them.

Get the locks changed. Pronto.

Log on here.

Put up "meet today"

Get laid better than the new track at Silverstone! Repeatedly.

Problem solved.

oh and i got two kittens as well when my son moved out but one died and the other has left home. You have to make the most of it. No meals to get ready for anyone do what you like when you like and the peace and quite oh wonderful

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

"Gawds !! I wish they WOULD !

They have been cluttering up my house, my garage, my yard and my life since they were born.

Yes I love them all dearly and would never have been without them, but now they can MOVE OUT, please! and give me some space . . .

hehe

Jane x

try wrapping there sandwitches up in road maps

"

just the one kid to leave the nest now.23 yr old lad ,tall,handsome,own cars and has a job. free to any home apply within

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I have no advice whatso ever but happy to provide a ((((HUG)))))

I hated my little girl leaving to live with her now ex boyfriend as i knew he was just using her. He proved it by rarely working and writing her car off. She did a full time job and shifts in the pub where i work to keep them afloat, then she saw the light and he moved out by mutual consent i think. She has decided to stay there and get in a lodger, not happy with it, but hugely better than before as she doesnt have to do both jobs

Still got son living with me though so never alone, well sometimes

PMSL @ you all!!

You can always count on forumites to put a smile on your face!

I was married with a child at 23 and was beginning to think she'd never leave, but blimey, now she is!!!

Already dusting of my little black book - well my Blackberry - I am a 21st century gal after all - and will be reaquainting myself with some naughty playmates.

Still...dinner for one...I'm gonna depress myself before this month is out!!

Admin: can we have a weeping and wailing emoticon pleeeeeease!!

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

our youngest son,still lives with us.when he goes on holiday,its bliss.we feel like moving out,before he gets back.leaving no forwarding address.

"My baby goes off to uni in Derby next month and my middle daughter has just announced her and her boyfriend are moving in together.

Pick up the phone to the locksmith as you wave goodbye to them.

Get the locks changed. Pronto.

Log on here.

Put up "meet today"

Get laid better than the new track at Silverstone! Repeatedly.

Problem solved.

"

Lol @ "laid better than the new track at Silverston! Repeadedly!! xx

"I have no advice whatso ever but happy to provide a ((((HUG))))) "

Aaah thank you hun xxx

I loathe pity parties...but I just couldn't help throwing one!!

Forum Mod

Aawww Sassy Im sure its going to seem really strange and empty at first and by the time you have just about got used to it and are enjoying your space.......

Uni will have finished its term and the house will be full again,and you'll be wondering how you coped without having a nervous breakdown when you all lived together

The meals for one I can help with, OK I wont come down and eat them honest

When I was a teenager and still living with my parents I was expected to do all the cooking, so I was used to cooking for a family. When I moved into my own flat I was lost - I still bought the family shop instead of the single person shop

I learned to bulk prepare and freeze for the nights I wasnt in the mood to cook.

I will say however I am not looking forward to my girls moving out, even tho I have spent all their lives so far preparing them for the big world

Remember a parent has children and GOOD parent makes sure they are ready for what the world will throw at them - be proud that your children are self reliant and that you did that, you made them the independent women they now are.

Shona

x x x

"Aawww Sassy Im sure its going to seem really strange and empty at first and by the time you have just about got used to it and are enjoying your space.......

Uni will have finished its term and the house will be full again,and you'll be wondering how you coped without having a nervous breakdown when you all lived together

"

I coped with leaving their dad and he struggled but coped losing his family!

If he can...lol

"The meals for one I can help with, OK I wont come down and eat them honest

When I was a teenager and still living with my parents I was expected to do all the cooking, so I was used to cooking for a family. When I moved into my own flat I was lost - I still bought the family shop instead of the single person shop

I learned to bulk prepare and freeze for the nights I wasnt in the mood to cook.

I will say however I am not looking forward to my girls moving out, even tho I have spent all their lives so far preparing them for the big world

Remember a parent has children and GOOD parent makes sure they are ready for what the world will throw at them - be proud that your children are self reliant and that you did that, you made them the independent women they now are.

Shona

x x x "

My eldest left home at 17 10 years ago, travels the world and is independent. The one leaving is a nurse and the youngest off to read English so all smart and independent and ready for the world, as best as we could prepare them.

I'm putting on a show of being excited: I'd never put the mockers on their happiness but I can tell the truth to my friends and you guys! Xx

i had never lived on my own or ever even spent a night on my own for the first 50 years of my life ...then i became single and i HAD to ...and now i live happily in a little tin box wth no alarm often leave the windows and door open too...i love company when and if i want it but i live so happily onmy own im not sure iever want to live with anyone again .course i love it when the family are around but equally love it when they go !! just enjoy the freedom it brings u sassy i think u earned it ????

"I'm putting on a show of being excited: I'd never put the mockers on their happiness but I can tell the truth to my friends and you guys! Xx"

Even though my oldest child is only 12 I do understand the "putting on a show" of being excited for them - my oldest went away with the school for a weekend activity course (not the same thing I know but broke my heart that she didnt NEED mum to be with her) and now she is getting ready for a weekend camping with the Scouts - again I am holding back tears (god Im a sad sap )

When my youngest started "big" school at age 4 and a half I was the one who cried like a baby with Steven dragging me home the baby was all "see ya mum I can walk meself home Im a big girl now" thats when he said I should be proud that I had made her so self reliant and independant, however in my case I refuse to believe that it was all me Steven did his fair share and both my girls have turned out well so far!!

Shona

x x x

By *entscotscplCouple  over a year ago

falkirk ish

our daughter and son left home but return often to visit the bank off mum and dad

r n l xx

"i had never lived on my own or ever even spent a night on my own for the first 50 years of my life ...then i became single and i HAD to ...and now i live happily in a little tin box wth no alarm often leave the windows and door open too...i love company when and if i want it but i live so happily onmy own im not sure iever want to live with anyone again .course i love it when the family are around but equally love it when they go !! just enjoy the freedom it brings u sassy i think u earned it ????"

There's a part of me wants to help her pack, I know I'm going to be bad and looking forward to playing my Luther without the sarky comments!

It's a natural progression kids leaving home: always thought my husband would be there too.

"I'm putting on a show of being excited: I'd never put the mockers on their happiness but I can tell the truth to my friends and you guys! Xx

Even though my oldest child is only 12 I do understand the "putting on a show" of being excited for them - my oldest went away with the school for a weekend activity course (not the same thing I know but broke my heart that she didnt NEED mum to be with her) and now she is getting ready for a weekend camping with the Scouts - again I am holding back tears (god Im a sad sap )

When my youngest started "big" school at age 4 and a half I was the one who cried like a baby with Steven dragging me home the baby was all "see ya mum I can walk meself home Im a big girl now" thats when he said I should be proud that I had made her so self reliant and independant, however in my case I refuse to believe that it was all me Steven did his fair share and both my girls have turned out well so far!!

Shona

x x x "

I remember when my youngest went on school journey aged 10. We were beside ourselves and she was 11 while away, the only time I've not been with my child on her birthday.

When she came back hair neat and tidy, clothes immaculate I broke into tears as she got off the coach.

She didn't even rush off the coach into my arms just rolled her eyes lol!

My son went on a school trip when he was about ten now you got to remember my son used to and still does spend most of his life in the bathroom. I put new everything in toothpaste, soap, sponges, toothbrushes flannels everything. When he came home and unpacked not one single thing had been touched, when i questioned him he just said oh none of us bothered

Survival tips greatly appreciated!! "

It's just fantastic. I never lived my life through the kids so being able to live it without hindrance is fantastic. Work gets in the way tho ..grrr

"our daughter and son left home but return often to visit the bank off mum and dad

r n l xx"

Oh yeah!!! Doh!! Forgot about that!

She's only moving a couple of miles away too so not far to stock her cupboards from mine and top her bank account too!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

They don't really leave Sassy, the food going missing out of the cupboards and the bank of dad still happens, they just don't sleep under the same roof !!

"My son went on a school trip when he was about ten now you got to remember my son used to and still does spend most of his life in the bathroom. I put new everything in toothpaste, soap, sponges, toothbrushes flannels everything. When he came home and unpacked not one single thing had been touched, when i questioned him he just said oh none of us bothered "

Lol!

It's just fantastic. I never lived my life through the kids so being able to live it without hindrance is fantastic. Work gets in the way tho ..grrr"

That's the thing Granny, I knew come 2010 the girls would be gone, thought I was prepared and the youngest go first.

Why I'm "shocked" and not stocking up on lube and condoms is beyond me!

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

It takes a few years for them to leave properly, and remember you have the opportunity to visit them and let them cook for you - if you dare!

As for living alone, get a bigger freezer to cope with the bulk cooking, and enjoy not having argue over what to watch on TV.

"They don't really leave Sassy, the food going missing out of the cupboards and the bank of dad still happens, they just don't sleep under the same roof !! "

As long as she doesn't come shopping when mummy has a naked young sub hog tied on the dining room table!!

"It takes a few years for them to leave properly, and remember you have the opportunity to visit them and let them cook for you - if you dare!

As for living alone, get a bigger freezer to cope with the bulk cooking, and enjoy not having argue over what to watch on TV."

I knew you lovely people would focus my attention to the positive.

I've a massive tv in the lounge stuck on MTV, would be nice to see Ken and Deidre in HD!

"It takes a few years for them to leave properly, and remember you have the opportunity to visit them and let them cook for you - if you dare!

As for living alone, get a bigger freezer to cope with the bulk cooking, and enjoy not having argue over what to watch on TV.

I knew you lovely people would focus my attention to the positive.

I've a massive tv in the lounge stuck on MTV, would be nice to see Ken and Deidre in HD! "

I live on my own and one of my weekly pleasures is a pub meal at the local.

An early bird is a good balanced meal, cheeper than cooking for one (all the time), no washing up AND I have the company of other regular diners many of who have become good friends.

You are a good mum to care and you will clearly always be there for them if they need you. XXXX

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

would be nice to see Ken and Deidre in HD! "

now you are showing your S&M streak

» Add a new message to this topic