FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Mirena Coil

The Mirena Coil

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone else have this fitted (this is intended for the ladies really but guys if you have one, feel free to discuss). I had this coil fitted about 2 months ago mainly because I heard it reduces the amount of monthly flow, and being swingers, we dont really want the inconvenience of periods, ever (you never know when theres gonna be a good social organised).

Anyway had it fitted, all seemed well etc, but about 2 weeks after I started to bleed and quite heavily, it carried on continuously for about 2 weeks and then stopped. I had about 2 weeks break and i started bleeding again. That lasted about a week (that was mid July) and i havent had any bleeding whatsoever since. If any other ladies have the coil, does this sound normal. I am hoping that the bleeding is well and truly over now and i never have it again (well for the 5 years that the coil is inserted).

Im also worried about it falling out. Now I know it probably wont, its put into the womb and my guys cocks not that big, but i do worry if im playing and a guy is pushing his fingers up quite deeply, i always think, oh god i hope my coils ok

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive had one in for nine years (one change) it sounds like yours could still be settling in. When i first had mine i had a bit of spotting for first couple of months then nothing afterwards. Ive had guys be able to feel mine and get caught on it so to speak but never had it come out. Ive had it checked four times this year (just cause i wanted it checked) and its still there. Had a bit of trouble recently with periods but that was to do with going through the change. I would give it another month and if the bleeding hasnt slowed right down or stopped go and see the doctor. Good luck

By *elleCouple  over a year ago

south-west corner of outer london

Well, it definitely won't come out! Mine's been in for nearly 5 years and despite many playful fingers and cocks varying in size but including some huge ones ( ) it's still firmly in place!

As for the bleeding, I've only had irregular, widely spaced and very light periods ever since having it fitted.

Good luck You might want to check that it's ok with a doc.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Had a coil many years back as Doc said I had been on the pill too long. Bldy thing got stuck and I had to be admitted to hospital to get it removed. But hey, don't let that put u off.

oops. the 'good luck' was in the wrong place; should have been at the end.

I had a mirena coil a few years ago and didn't have any periods while i had it fitted, but i did have an increase in discharge which was a pain as it was exessive. i've had a normal copper coil which was much better and my periods were just normal and regular. think everyone's different with the mirena, but a couple of my friends had their's removed because they had non-stop periods.

I have had non-hormonal coils since my early twenties as oral hormonal preparations do not suit me.

I had a Mirena fitted in mid Sep 09, after not having a coil for 4y.

It took 3 months for the period/spotting to stop.

As for the coil dropping out, it is possible for it to be expelled or pushed further into the womb.

Hence the importance of regular self-checks to confirm it is in the right place.

I only ever had one being pushed out slightly for me to feel the plastic during self inspection in my late 20s. It was my second coil.

Depending on the length of the vagina. If it is short, and the gent's cock is long, then it is possible for the gent to feel the ends of the strings.

This happened to me with one of my ex-playmates.

Hope this helps.

thank you ladies, and i apologise to any guys out there who find this a bit gross.

thankfully the bleeding has stopped completely and i havent had anything at all for 32 days. I have had it checked and it was nicely in place etc. The doctor wasnt too concerned about the bleeding and said that it was fairly normal and my body settling.

i cant tell the doctor about the swinging though. I want to ask whether hard sex will cause problems, or if i have too much sex will it loosen the coil. I did find that when we had sex in the doggy position a few days after my coil was fitted, it was a bit sore and he couldnt push in too deep, but it seems to be ok now.

i do keep asking him if he can feel it though and he says he cant at all.

Forum Mod

So if a guy can feel the end of the strings do they find it uncomfortable?

Oh and i forgot to mention, yes i do check that the strings are there, but one of my fears is that if a guy touches me and he feels the string, that somehow it will get caught on his hands and he will pull it out.

If it is in the right place, then he is probably feeling the cervix and not the coil!

He may be able to feel pin pricks as his crown hits the ends of the strings if he is not wearing a condom.

By *avfavMan  over a year ago

south lincs north cambs

is the coil like a slide for sperm just to tire them out on the way down lmao

Sorry for my poor soh

"thank you ladies, and i apologise to any guys out there who find this a bit gross.

thankfully the bleeding has stopped completely and i havent had anything at all for 32 days. I have had it checked and it was nicely in place etc. The doctor wasnt too concerned about the bleeding and said that it was fairly normal and my body settling.

i cant tell the doctor about the swinging though. I want to ask whether hard sex will cause problems, or if i have too much sex will it loosen the coil. I did find that when we had sex in the doggy position a few days after my coil was fitted, it was a bit sore and he couldnt push in too deep, but it seems to be ok now.

i do keep asking him if he can feel it though and he says he cant at all. "

I like it rough and hard and apart from feeling it no guy has really complained about it so i dont think it can be uncomfortable for them. Also it doesnt seem to be the size of the guy as to whether he can feel it but the position your in

You can tell your doctor about swinging you know! Our doctor was fascinated when it came up in discussion

"Oh and i forgot to mention, yes i do check that the strings are there, but one of my fears is that if a guy touches me and he feels the string, that somehow it will get caught on his hands and he will pull it out. "

The gynaecologist who put it in should have trimmed the strings so that it is not too long or short to interfere with loving-making.

Unless one goes with a pair of tweezers, then it is very difficult to pull it out!!!

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"thank you ladies, and i apologise to any guys out there who find this a bit gross.

"

Always keen to learn new things - so don't give it a second thought...

[Removed by poster at 23/08/10 23:25:47]

"If it is in the right place, then he is probably feeling the cervix and not the coil!

He may be able to feel pin pricks as his crown hits the ends of the strings if he is not wearing a condom. "

It is the coil they can feel while wearing a condom cause the guys that mentioned it i hadnt told i had a coil and they said oh i felt your coil lol and they where wearing condoms

"You can tell your doctor about swinging you know! Our doctor was fascinated when it came up in discussion "

ooops, I was warned about telling GP as it will go on records and could affect any health insurance claims. If you want confidential honest discussion go to the GUM clinic.

Forum Mod

"If it is in the right place, then he is probably feeling the cervix and not the coil!

He may be able to feel pin pricks as his crown hits the ends of the strings if he is not wearing a condom.

It is the coil they can feel while wearing a condom cause the guys that mentioned it i hadnt told i had a coil and they said oh i felt your coil lol and they where wearing condoms"

Did they say it felt uncomfortable for them?

It is the coil they can feel while wearing a condom cause the guys that mentioned it i hadnt told i had a coil and they said oh i felt your coil lol and they where wearing condoms

Did they say it felt uncomfortable for them?"

no one guy did sort of get "caught" on it and pulled out to see if the condom was in tact but didnt say it hurt or anything

Forum Mod

no one guy did sort of get "caught" on it and pulled out to see if the condom was in tact but didnt say it hurt or anything"

I was thinking more of Rob as obviously he does'nt wear a condom with me but the condom issue is also one to keep an eye on

no one guy did sort of get "caught" on it and pulled out to see if the condom was in tact but didnt say it hurt or anything

I was thinking more of Rob as obviously he does'nt wear a condom with me but the condom issue is also one to keep an eye on

"

well nine years ive had mine and noone yet has said it actually hurts

Forum Mod

well nine years ive had mine and noone yet has said it actually hurts"

Thanks hun xxx

well nine years ive had mine and noone yet has said it actually hurts

Thanks hun xxx"

yw as always

The gynaecologist who fitted my coil, and the practice nurse who vetted me initially were all very mature and professional.

No doubt they have seen and heard it all before, and were very proactive if suggesting how I could get free condoms and provided information on well-women's clinic etc...

Bless them!

I personally wouldn't want my gynaecological history put up in a forum, but each to their own. Hope the OP is ok.

Indeed. The size of each person's personal window varies enormously.

I see it as information exchange.

Afterall, if we can talk openly about sexual acts and preferences, how many partners we have had in the past etc., then why not gynae related issues?

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

My g/f had one fitted and we had no problems.

Though it did pick up radio messages from the Space Shuttle.

Which was slightly offputting.

"My g/f had one fitted and we had no problems.

Which was slightly offputting."

Im missing out here ive never picked up messages from the space shuttle guess i need to lie back and open my legs wider

Im missing out here ive never picked up messages from the space shuttle guess i need to lie back and open my legs wider"

Don't tell me you are into aliens too!

Im missing out here ive never picked up messages from the space shuttle guess i need to lie back and open my legs wider

Don't tell me you are into aliens too! "

Dont know if im actually "in to" them but i think ive shagged a few

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I've knocked against a coil previously (so it must be angle and not size), and it's not painful at all. I was aware of something being there, but it hurt no more than bouncing off the cervix does.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Don't tell me you are into aliens too! "

Click "search"

Click "single girl"

Click "Looking for men"

NOW do you see why we're so arsey???!!!

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

Just doing toast........ anyone want jam on it?

"Just doing toast........ anyone want jam on it? "

Stop talking about food this time of the night, when I am about to go to bed!!! Git!

I like to give used tampons to historians and ask them what period it came from.

"You can tell your doctor about swinging you know! Our doctor was fascinated when it came up in discussion "

I really really cant tell my doctor about my swinging - i know him professionally as well as him being my GP - I just cant

"I personally wouldn't want my gynaecological history put up in a forum, but each to their own. Hope the OP is ok."

Its ok eastern, i accept the first bit of my post about the bleeding might have been a little too much information, but i am really interested in peoples views about sex and the coil cos these are things I cant ask my GP.

hey say what you feel its an open forum folk dont need to read it if they dont like it!!

i was offered coil but decided on implant as the idea of the coil gave me the heebie jeebies a bit and i spoke about it on here and got some very valuable information from other peoples experience x

I must say that now its been a few weeks since its fitted it doesnt hurt at all. He hasnt said he can feel anything. We were at Chams once and I was paranoid after a particularly hard thrusting session and me and my guy went into the loo and i sat with my legs open whilst he inserted a finger and fiddled around inside to check i was ok and not bleeding or the coil not loose etc. I was fine and he said everything felt ok, he knows my vagina probably better than I do.

He said hes never felt anything different at all whilst having sex. Ill be fine when im used to it, just a bit paranoid cos its new at the minute

Ive found out lots of things from the forums by other people asking questions.

I do think ironic as you say its all new to you and if i can remember that far back im sure i used to think it was going to fall out every five minutes. Truth be known you really do forget that you have got it in as far as im concerned it was heavens little gift to me lol

iconic not ironic pmsl

lol the other half thought up the name iconic, but i have tried to log in by typing ironic at times

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"hey say what you feel its an open forum folk dont need to read it if they dont like it!!

i was offered coil but decided on implant as the idea of the coil gave me the heebie jeebies a bit and i spoke about it on here and got some very valuable information from other peoples experience x "

OK i will.

I was trialling the coil but i kept picking up Radio 4. Made me sound like a smart arse.

id just like to say thanx to the postee for this topic, iv just had one fitted and all the information received has been v helpful so gratefully appreciated xx

» Add a new message to this topic