FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cliques !!!

Cliques !!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

lots of posts on cliques just had a thought and think this might be an intresting post ....

so many ppl jump on the band wangon and say there isnt cliques in here but of course there is .....

do the people i cliques know they are in them or are they in denial?

Discuss ....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

There's no way i'm going to tell YOU. You're not in my clique.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

oh this could get interesting! he he x

The only people not in cliques are loners the rest are just in denial

" lots of posts on cliques just had a thought and think this might be an intresting post ....

so many ppl jump on the band wangon and say there isnt cliques in here but of course there is .....

You wouldn't let me in yours.

Discuss ...."

Edinburgh

"The only people not in cliques are loners the rest are just in denial "

Where does that leave the scizophrenics?

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

I hear that Egyptians are often in denial.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I seriously don't think there are cliques in this forum.

I post, most people here don't know me, but they still respond to my posts. I've never met 99% of people that post on these forums. And probably never will. Simply because I don't do socials as often as I used to. Time, money etc etc.

I think if you perceive there to be a clique, then undoubtedly you will find behaviour that you can class a cliquieness (made up word, but you know what I mean).

Maybe its just your (not you personally, the "royal" you) own insecurities that see a clique.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Of cause there are cliques here, as they are in the chat rooms as there are in the local pub, tennis club and anywhere else. A group of people who mingle doesnt have to have a negative feel, its when the said clique refuse to welcome new people or are unwelcoming in general when it becomes negative

Edinburgh

"

I hear that Egyptians are often in denial."

No wonder, walking like that...

[Removed by poster at 23/08/10 19:12:36]

Bradford

" lots of posts on cliques just had a thought and think this might be an intresting post ....

Discuss ...."

Have you discussed this with your own clique? What do they have to say on this matter?

Discuss ....

Have you discussed this with your own clique? What do they have to say on this matter?"

nope not in a clique

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 23/08/10 19:16:18]

groups of people who know each other and some more than others.

some trying to get known and may find it hard to break through.

some keep trying, some don't.. the do not's may feel aggrieved and think it's cliquey.

it does appear cliquey, not always intentional tho.

Edinburgh

Discuss ....

Have you discussed this with your own clique? What do they have to say on this matter?

nope not in a clique

"

If you're looking for a serious answer -I find the scottish forum on here quite cliquey.

But, that may just be the way i percieve it.

It'd be unusual in such a large group of people, especially one with such a competitive common interest, for there not to be cliques of one sort or another.

"I seriously don't think there are cliques in this forum.

I post, most people here don't know me, but they still respond to my posts. I've never met 99% of people that post on these forums. And probably never will. Simply because I don't do socials as often as I used to. Time, money etc etc.

I think if you perceive there to be a clique, then undoubtedly you will find behaviour that you can class a cliquieness (made up word, but you know what I mean).

Maybe its just your (not you personally, the "royal" you) own insecurities that see a clique. "

well a clique is a an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose, surely swinging is that common purpose? as for the exclusive, thats just people who've met in person, similar to locals in any given pub, only the lurkers are exempt

I would say there are cliques. There always are though in most forums. You tend to find the same group of people agreeing with each other all the time.

Discuss ....

nope not in a clique

"

So you are in denial then ........

Do you know the difference between sex and discussion ?

"I would say there are cliques. There always are though in most forums. You tend to find the same group of people agreeing with each other all the time. "

You are SO right ! xxx still on for tonight babe ?

and the social being run for newbies only in the scotland forum will be a clique of their own

Bradford

Anyone want to join the bi-focal clique?

Message me for existing membership list.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

when i first started posting i thought simiar but i carried on regardless now i bloody love the place and cant wait to meet more of the crowd on here at chams on Sunday

i dont think people are cliquey - i think they post the same whether you are a new face (or bum or boob or...) or whether you are the oldest swinger in town - its just the newbies arent used to it yet

yes there are 'in' jokes and sometimes i get lost in the banter between certain posters but thts all part of the fun

I think there is *one* clique on this forum, and it's very, very easy to spot the members.

But just one clique is actually quite good going for a forum.

Cliques aren't a bad thing, always, though. The only time they are is when they work as a team to drag a newcomer down.

By *onny BonesMan  over a year ago

a block away from heaven

If you want to be in my clique send a stamped address envelope to....

"

Message me for existing membership list. "

Who said that ?

Edinburgh

"

Message me for existing membership list.

Who said that ? "

You're looking for the deaf clique.

"I think there is *one* clique on this forum, and it's very, very easy to spot the members.

Cliques aren't a bad thing, always, though. The only time they are is when they work as a team to drag a newcomer down."

yes, seen this a few times and had a bit of that myself yesterday

i think sometimes people forget there are newbies to this and dont see it as a way of life

Discuss ....

nope not in a clique

So you are in denial then ........

Do you know the difference between sex and discussion ?"

Hmmmmmmm explain ?

Redressing the balance by saying :

I have never witnessed a clique on here. People come and go at different times; sometimes disappearing for days or weeks.

Most people here have never met.

Peoples own assumptions and what they project onto messages says more about them than anything else.

I don't know any poster more than any other.

I respond to what people say and don't usually respond to nasty small minded negative posts.

Edinburgh

"don't usually respond to nasty small minded negative posts."

LIAR!- You respond to my posts regularly.

"Cliques aren't a bad thing, always, though. The only time they are is when they work as a team to drag a newcomer down.

yes, seen this a few times and had a bit of that myself yesterday

i think sometimes people forget there are newbies to this and dont see it as a way of life

"

Think of it as a baptism of fire; if someone arrives here and makes a stupid arse of themselves in their very first post then they're asking to be shot down in flames ... it's how they handle it that determines whether people will warm to them or not.

Other noobs are just plain obnoxious from the moment they make their first post to the inevitable moment they get themselves banned.

Long-termers on here have reached that status because they haven't made an arse of themselves earlier and got ratty with the responses to it, nor have they arrived and been a royal pain in the butt. They've played the game and got on, and if that's a clique then it's a bloody good one as we don't want tossers coming here upsetting the apple cart all the time.

(not to be confuddled with having a heated debate)

Well ive been on and off the site many times so will say there are but what the hell as its no different to at work or your day to day social life so get on with it as things soon change like the weather

well thats why i like fabs forums not seen the click like on other sites picking on people ,,, Looking to control there friends Its a power thing ... and normaly thay stand out from the rest the controlers. lol Never been in one never will be i am my own person dont need it ,, x JO XXXXX

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

There has always been a clique on FAB.... however.......

You do need a clique of hard core posters to keep continuity in here, on chatrooms etc.

People come and go, newbies join and ask the same questions over and over again, they ask advice, they ask for help. They can start the most banal threads.......... until...... they get the hang of it and realise that most forums, especially FAB, has an attitude akin to insanity and stupidity.

Without the cliques performing their natural function, no-one would stay on the forums long enough to make them interesting and in turn would not provide the next clique to keep the continuity when the previous lot of posters have retired.

You have cliques at work keeping continuity and sanity and you have cliques in your everyday life.....

Why not treat the cliques on here as exactly what they are....... part of the circle of FAB Forum life.

**fuck me, that was slightly profound for a Monday night**

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"There has always been a clique on FAB.... however.......

You do need a clique of hard core posters to keep continuity in here, on chatrooms etc.

People come and go, newbies join and ask the same questions over and over again, they ask advice, they ask for help. They can start the most banal threads.......... until...... they get the hang of it and realise that most forums, especially FAB, has an attitude akin to insanity and stupidity.

Without the cliques performing their natural function, no-one would stay on the forums long enough to make them interesting and in turn would not provide the next clique to keep the continuity when the previous lot of posters have retired.

You have cliques at work keeping continuity and sanity and you have cliques in your everyday life.....

Why not treat the cliques on here as exactly what they are....... part of the circle of FAB Forum life.

"

i know what you need

"

its was very profound and made good reading ,,, if like you say there are clicks and we are all part of it ,,,, its not nasty its just fun most of the time how it should be ,, xx liked your post xx jo

Cyprus

i know what you need "

Valium?

""don't usually respond to nasty small minded negative posts."

LIAR!- You respond to my posts regularly."

Sweetheart. You are not a post. You are a nasty small minded negative man.

Have we cliqued?

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i know what you need

Valium? "

Nope...me.....large bottle of voddie....and several of the doris's to laugh at

Cyprus

i know what you need

Valium? Nope...me.....large bottle of voddie....and several of the doris's to laugh at "

Perfect day..........

I've got heels !!!!

i know what you need

Valium? Nope...me.....large bottle of voddie....and several of the doris's to laugh at "

I was laughing at you last night, imagining you walking round in your 6" heels and bedsocks lmao

"

I was laughing at you last night, imagining you walking round in your 6" heels and bedsocks lmao"

Her one bedsock you mean, she fookin ate the other one in her sleep!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i know what you need

Valium? Nope...me.....large bottle of voddie....and several of the doris's to laugh at

I was laughing at you last night, imagining you walking round in your 6" heels and bedsocks lmao"

well i was half asleep.....and i never wear heels with bedsox

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I prefer Clarins and Dior.

"

Agree on all of that as everyone at my new job, all have their own circle of friends, they talk to me but often go off to lunch with people they always have and dont invite me. But i have got used to it and let it go, cant afford it anyone so no big deal

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

" A group of people who mingle doesnt have to have a negative feel, its when the said clique refuse to welcome new people or are unwelcoming in general when it becomes negative"

Yep agree 100% there diamond..

And to be honest the chatrooms on fab are notorious for it...we are easy going, scoialable and can be a lot of fun..we always try to lghten a mood and crack a few jokes and one liners in the room..but any attept at converstion is bullodozed out of the way by the regulars..we try and try...but they are just not interested in what others have to say..and are far from welcoming...and these forums can come a close second sometimes..

Lots of nice poeple...but dont want to get to know us or other newbies

" A group of people who mingle doesnt have to have a negative feel, its when the said clique refuse to welcome new people or are unwelcoming in general when it becomes negative

And to be honest the chatrooms on fab are notorious for it...we are easy going, scoialable and can be a lot of fun..we always try to lghten a mood and crack a few jokes and one liners in the room..but any attept at converstion is bullodozed out of the way by the regulars..we try and try...but they are just not interested in what others have to say..and are far from welcoming...and these forums can come a close second sometimes..

Lots of nice poeple...but dont want to get to know us or other newbies"

How do you know they are nice ?

How do you know they don't want to get to know any other posters ?

Do you mean everyone ?

West

And that doesnt bode well with going to a club..it you get ignored on here then why pay moey and go to a club and get the same treatment..oh unless someone is a dead cert..in which case im sure they would be very popular

I hear twilight zone music .....

Time for a break

West

" A group of people who mingle doesnt have to have a negative feel, its when the said clique refuse to welcome new people or are unwelcoming in general when it becomes negative

Lots of nice poeple...but dont want to get to know us or other newbies

How do you know they are nice ?

How do you know they don't want to get to know any other posters ?

Do you mean everyone ?"

1...well most of the regulars on here seem really nice and genuine..

2..because after quite a lot of posts we have found our comments rarely get a response...and you only have to look at what goes on in chatrooms..youl soon pick up on how many peopls comments are totally ignored

3..Not everyone...but certainly everyone one in the cliques..

West

"I hear twilight zone music .....

Time for a break "

Do do do do...do do do do...sorry...I dont have much of an ear for music! lol

To deny there aren't cliques on the forums is daft: of course there are.

That doesn't stop me or others joining in. It takes time getting to know the various characters and if you're shy it may seem daunting.

I've really come out of my shell as I'm very shy and never say boo to a goose. The forums are great fun so join in and become one of the Fab family.

Sniff, sniff...I'm welling up here sharing the lurve.

"To deny there aren't cliques on the forums is daft: of course there are.

That doesn't stop me or others joining in. It takes time getting to know the various characters and if you're shy it may seem daunting.

I've really come out of my shell as I'm very shy and never say boo to a goose. The forums are great fun so join in and become one of the Fab family.

Sniff, sniff...I'm welling up here sharing the lurve. "

I've never envisaged you as shy, being a domme etc.

Edinburgh

Have we cliqued?

"

You're no antique

But you are unique

And with no little mistique

So if we are a clique

And i bring a bottle of bezique

Can i have a pique?

"And that doesnt bode well with going to a club..it you get ignored on here then why pay moey and go to a club and get the same treatment..oh unless someone is a dead cert..in which case im sure they would be very popular"

That's the thing about the socials organised on here, you go to one and meet dozens of people who post in here and then the next time you log in you'll see the responses are so much more friendlier and personal. Because they now know you.

It's the easiest way to get youself known and established on a swinging site, single men moreso.

Time for a break

Do do do do...do do do do...sorry...I dont have much of an ear for music! lol"

That was good. Louis liked it ,Cheryl was jealous and Simon hasn't stopped looking at your tits yet.

Am I in a clique ?

If I am - which one ? And who am I in it with ?

Oh ..... an am I in the one that ignores your posts ?

Bradford

Have we cliqued?

You're no antique

But you are unique

So if we are a clique

Can i have a pique?"

I've just been sique

Have we cliqued?

You're no antique

But you are unique

So if we are a clique

Can i have a pique?"

You can have a peek

You internet geek

At the start of next week

Im a bezique lickin freak

A clique is a conversation between people ya haven't joined in with yet xx

Edinburgh

Have we cliqued?

You're no antique

But you are unique

So if we are a clique

Can i have a pique?

You can have a peek

You internet geek

At the start of next week

Im a bezique lickin freak"

I love it when you talk sticky to me!

"A clique is a conversation between people ya haven't joined in with yet xx "

I must be in a clique of one then.

"Oh ..... an am I in the one that ignores your posts ?"
god is that what you do , lolol xxx

Edinburgh

"Oh ..... an am I in the one that ignores your posts ?god is that what you do , lolol xxx"

Shutup you!!

You're not even IN our clique.

So HA!

"A clique is a conversation between people ya haven't joined in with yet xx

I must be in a clique of one then. "

You are unique mate ill give ya that lol xx

"To deny there aren't cliques on the forums is daft: of course there are.

Sniff, sniff...I'm welling up here sharing the lurve.

I've never envisaged you as shy, being a domme etc. "

PMSL...damn, I was hoping no one would notice that, and believe I was shy and retiring!

Cyprus

Time for a break

Do do do do...do do do do...sorry...I dont have much of an ear for music! lol"

With those tits hun..... you'd never be ignored at the Beach Party.

Ooohhh........ and the name tags help.

Come along, I'll stick yours on personally

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"

"

can you still buy bezique

"

can you still buy bezique"

well i always thought you couldnt, but when we go to thorsby hall the so called bacardi and diet tastes excactly like bezique never had a bacardi taste like it before

"Oh ..... an am I in the one that ignores your posts ?god is that what you do , lolol xxx

Shutup you!!

So HA! ok we can have our own click ,, lol but you have to start clicking ok ,, lol

"

Edinburgh

"Oh ..... an am I in the one that ignores your posts ?god is that what you do , lolol xxx

Shutup you!!

So HA! ok we can have our own click ,, lol but you have to start clicking ok ,, lol

"

With those tits? clickety click click click!!!

(sorry Granny you're history, i've got a new friend - you know how cliquey it can be on here...)

is life really that bad when you need to worry if you in an internet clique or not??

is this a new form of social interaction where you feel a bit left out and worry about it?

thank fuck i leave the house frequently!!

yes people from here will meet and form bonds and it may show from posts but if you not goin to join in then you cant moan! if u gettin the cold shoulder then sometimes the problem is YOU!!!!!!!!!x

Shutup you!!

(sorry Granny you're history, i've got a new friend - you know how cliquey it can be on here...)"

ok my clicky friend get squeezing ,, lol

Bollocks to cliques.

The forums are free for all. Anyone can post and reply as he/she wishes.

Some people's threads/posts are more popular than the others, due to their subject matters and posting/writing style and personalities etc...

In addition, some folks have actually met each other via social events. Hence the more friendly banter and piss-take that may not mean a lot to those who have not attended the events or met them in person.

To all those who feel they are outsiders, my advice would be to dive in and join in the fun, and keep coming back, and not be a fly-by-night kind of poster.

Also, attend social events so that you can put names to faces.

Above all, all the forum regulars started off as newbies!!!

So don't delay, start joining the fun today!

Edinburgh

*joins lab coat clique*

there are definately cliques here.

"there are definately cliques here."
are you sure ,,,

Edinburgh

"there are definately cliques here.are you sure ,,,"

Yeah.

You're in one with me, remember??

"there are definately cliques here.are you sure ,,,"

oh yes if you dont to the line they will shut you down

Forum Mod

"there are definately cliques here.are you sure ,,,

oh yes if you dont to the line they will shut you down"

you keep it up and you will be shut down from posting

Yeah.

You're in one with me, remember??

"

ooo yes we are clicking i do rember darling ,, lol ok when we shagging sure thats next ,, lol or we still clicking ,, lol

you keep it up and you will be shut down from posting"

see?

Forum Mod

see?"

see?"

take a chill pill and be part of our click ,, lol

u do get Clique's on here

but saying that u get them everywhere

an hand held picked ppl..but i dont

let simple things get 2 me on here

now..ill talk 2 anyone..well depents

Edinburgh

see?"

Be cool.

Trust me.

Right now it seems like the world/site is against you, but neither is.

A couple of well thought out posts about now would stand you in good stead.

Be funny - they like that.

Be funny about you - they love that.

Think of it as an initiation test.

Pass, and you're "in".

Growl -- they know just how to bait you so you get banned and they don't.

How do i know.

Because i'm one of them.

(but it cost me a ban when i growled)

Come join us - you can lie and wait with us as we wait for the next newbie - trust me, it's great fun.

Up to you.

Edinburgh

see? take a chill pill and be part of our click ,, lol "

NO WAY is he getting in to our clique, he hasnt earned his spurs yet!!

But if he's a smart boy....

I think its wrong to shoot newbies down, regardless of what they post. Ok they may be asking a question that has been asked a million times before - but it is their first time of asking it and the majority of them are only trying to get involved in the forums.

Just because there are established forum posters, does not mean they rule the forums and have the power to knock anyone down for what they say. I have seen silly posts by so called regular forum posters and its good to have a bit of light heartedness, i like the silly threads as well as the intelligent ones.

Ive also seen posts on various forums where someone has disagreed with one of the clique members and the rest jump in and kick em when there down. But that is all about forum life - noone knows you as such, so post what you like, thats my view.

I have seen a lot of back biting and jealousy and a lot of silliness in the form of trying to make women jealous by saying stuff like, "i can make your guy come quicker than you" or "let me get hold of him and ill show him a good time", and these are not meant as jokes as such, they are gibes and i wonder at this on a sex site. If people are resorting to this kind of extreme childish behaviour, how can we assume they are adult enough to have sex with strangers for fun.

I think people should try and make it as friendly as place as possible.

This behaviour is not solely aimed at Fab, ive seen it on other sites.

Edinburgh

If there's a Mod in the house - give him a chance for half an hour.

I'll be his "sponsor" and take responsibility for him.

C'mon - i've baited with the best of them before now - i'm in a mellow mood, give him a chance, gonna?

"If there's a Mod in the house - give him a chance for half an hour.

C'mon - i've baited with the best of them before now - i'm in a mellow mood, give him a chance, gonna?"

You want to be banned again?!

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"I think its wrong to shoot newbies down, regardless of what they post. Ok they may be asking a question that has been asked a million times before - but it is their first time of asking it and the majority of them are only trying to get involved in the forums.

Just because there are established forum posters, does not mean they rule the forums and have the power to knock anyone down for what they say. I have seen silly posts by so called regular forum posters and its good to have a bit of light heartedness, i like the silly threads as well as the intelligent ones.

Ive also seen posts on various forums where someone has disagreed with one of the clique members and the rest jump in and kick em when there down. But that is all about forum life - noone knows you as such, so post what you like, thats my view.

I have seen a lot of back biting and jealousy and a lot of silliness in the form of trying to make women jealous by saying stuff like, "i can make your guy come quicker than you" or "let me get hold of him and ill show him a good time", and these are not meant as jokes as such, they are gibes and i wonder at this on a sex site. If people are resorting to this kind of extreme childish behaviour, how can we assume they are adult enough to have sex with strangers for fun.

This behaviour is not solely aimed at Fab, ive seen it on other sites. "

The majority of regulars do not shoot down newbies , far from it. There will be the odd thread that some feel the need to react on but they do it with established posters and newbies. What you will find though is people don’t like newer members coming on and telling them what they should or shouldn’t do. You will find that just alienates the newbie and makes it harder to settle in.

Edinburgh

"If there's a Mod in the house - give him a chance for half an hour.

C'mon - i've baited with the best of them before now - i'm in a mellow mood, give him a chance, gonna?

You want to be banned again?! "

I was TRYING to be a responsible adult.

This is a new thing for me!

On a serious note, maybe someone being a "buddy" to a newbie aint such a bad idea...

Discuss ...."

Looking at the nature of your post i think what you have to take on board is some people form friendships in real life not just cyber buddies. I wouldn't say there really is much of a cliques on fab in comparison to other sites. I see it more the fact that many on the forums have met at social events and formed friendships. I believe that's not a bad thing. What i have to ask though is do you think its wrong for friendships to exist?

"And that doesnt bode well with going to a club..it you get ignored on here then why pay moey and go to a club and get the same treatment..oh unless someone is a dead cert..in which case im sure they would be very popular"

Awwww c'mon, u gotta go to a club a couple o times to get the hang of it and a lot depends on how much effort your hosts make.

"And that doesnt bode well with going to a club..it you get ignored on here then why pay moey and go to a club and get the same treatment..oh unless someone is a dead cert..in which case im sure they would be very popular

Awwww c'mon, u gotta go to a club a couple o times to get the hang of it and a lot depends on how much effort your hosts make."

and yersel o course. Think I am in the loners clique. Que pense tu?

By *obblybitsCouple  over a year ago

huddersfield

of course there is cliques but shy or out going the only way to be part of the group is to start posting all the time, I did and ok I do not know people yet but I post when I post and get nice replies.

I see messages all the time about it but a lot of the people don't post so there going to make friends with people

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

Cliques? Or friends?? Would you go into a pub, and interrupt a group of friends that were chatting, and then blame them of being a clique when they didnt immediately focus on you instead?

"I think its wrong to shoot newbies down, regardless of what they post. Ok they may be asking a question that has been asked a million times before - but it is their first time of asking it and the majority of them are only trying to get involved in the forums.

This behaviour is not solely aimed at Fab, ive seen it on other sites. "

Wow!!! You REALLY have a thing about other women don't you?!!

Are you REALLY that insecure?!!

The male halves of couples enjoy the sexy banter: all part and parcel of forum life but there's no doubting their status: they mention their other halves.

We must be on different boards as I don't see the bitchiness you allude to!

" Cliques? Or friends?? Would you go into a pub, and interrupt a group of friends that were chatting, and then blame them of being a clique when they didnt immediately focus on you instead? "

Nail on the head there 100%.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Are we a clique?

Yes.

By its very nature, having a Welsh room makes it a clique.

However, its by no means an exclusive clique, I have seen people from all over pop up in there, and receive a warm welcome.

People use the word clique in a very negative way, and it neednt be, just because there are groups who know each other well, share in-jokes and experiences and all talk to each other, doesnt mean that outsiders need feel excluded.

One final point (oi, who said "at last"!), just like parties and socials, cliques are only a "problem" if you let them be, if you "sit in the corner" and don't interact, dont be surprised if you feel left out...... get off your bum and mingle!!!!

Copied from a similar thread on the Welsh forums.... couldnt be assed to type it again lol!

West

Time for a break

Do do do do...do do do do...sorry...I dont have much of an ear for music! lol

With those tits hun..... you'd never be ignored at the Beach Party.

Ooohhh........ and the name tags help.

Come along, I'll stick yours on personally "

Lol...Mmmwah mmmmmmwaaaaah!!!

"Oh ..... an am I in the one that ignores your posts ?god is that what you do , lolol xxx"

No! It was a question. Believe me, I study your posts lonnnnnnnnng and hard x Gran x

A clique is a conversation between people ya haven't joined in with yet xx

Shutup you!!

(sorry Granny you're history, i've got a new friend - you know how cliquey it can be on here...)"

Go to your new clique

You flirtatious frique

You are nowt but a Prique

With a weeny small Dique.

Sob!

By *aintmikeMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"A clique is a conversation between people ya haven't joined in with yet xx "

aren't we all in a clique,, on here?

how you doing anyway,,

Clique? No, its just a pastime for folk who have nothing more interesting to do with there time. Moi included.

Edinburgh

In a fit of pique

I drank too much Bezique

She said you were antique

And that she could applique

Her thing on my physique

(she's slightly Dominique)

I found her mistique

Someting quite unique

But then remembered your commuique

And thought i would like to applique

Using my microtechnique

My thing, on your physique.

*Granny Forever*

Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap , x

"Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap ,Clap , Clap , x"

Clinique?????

I am more of an outcast than a member of a clique, yes there are cliques here, if certain people say black is white there are those that would agree, if I said Black is Black there are some that would disagree.

But hey it makes the forums fun

"I am more of an outcast than a member of a clique, yes there are cliques here, if certain people say black is white there are those that would agree, if I said Black is Black there are some that would disagree.

But hey it makes the forums fun "

I disagree

Edinburgh

And, in a late bid, Perthshire gets a point for being funny, witty, accurate, and unexpected.

Well done!

Edinburgh

"I am more of an outcast than a member of a clique, yes there are cliques here, if certain people say black is white there are those that would agree, if I said Black is Black there are some that would disagree.

I disagree"

Splitter!

Bradford

I disagree

Splitter!"

ooooh she told me she was a spitter.

Can we all join your outcasts then? I think you have a good point though some will argue black is white just to wind others up. I do find it funny at times though i have to admit. Its like watching someone fishing and picking the right bait. Alas it does get out of hand from time to time. But saying that your right with saying that's what makes the forums as they are and keeps them fresh.

Edinburgh

I disagree

Splitter!

ooooh she told me she was a spitter. "

Oh no, she aint a spitter.

Trust me.

Wow did i open a can of worms lol, one word of warning tho, wen i started topic on cliques, it kinda made me see that i was infact in a clique and possibly excluding others im trying hard not to now

Edinburgh

"Wow did i open a can of worms lol, one word of warning tho, wen i started topic on cliques, it kinda made me see that i was infact in a clique and possibly excluding others im trying hard not to now"

You'll be in the secret "hidden profile" clique then?

To be sure...

"And, in a late bid, Perthshire gets a point for being funny, witty, accurate, and unexpected.

Well done!"

Cheers, I`m just trying to be constructive, no time to be shellfish (bisque).

As already mentioned before, some people's posts and posting style are more favourable than the others.

It is life as we know it!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I prefer Clarins and Dior."

I enjoyed that line.

"I prefer Clarins and Dior.

I enjoyed that line."

Faque!!!!

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I've just started using the forums so still have a fresh outsiders view of them.

I have observed cliques in that certain people have a rapport with each other but that's life! I think the analogy used of a pub with groups of people standing around was spot on.

I've never noticed these cliques being rude or ignoring anyone in an elitist or closed way which is the only downside to a clique.

So clique away I say!

I even have a clique in my head - some of my multiple personalities wont speak to this other personality as he's new and wont join in with the coffee round... bastard! But enough of my problems.

By *yber pimpMan  over a year ago

durham area

"I think there is *one* clique on this forum, and it's very, very easy to spot the members.

Cliques aren't a bad thing, always, though. The only time they are is when they work as a team to drag a newcomer down."

totally agree with you, time to form the anti clique clique i think

Cliques aren't a bad thing, always, though. The only time they are is when they work as a team to drag a newcomer down.

totally agree with you, time to form the anti clique clique i think "

We must learn from Star Wars - the Emperor tried to turn Luke to the dark side by causing him to become like his father, full of hate.

Never become what you abhor

If people spent less time trying to second guess if there are cliques and who might be in a clique .... then may be, just may be, they might have a happier life.

why is the word clique always used on this site as a pejorative word? its just a group of people who share an interest or activity.

we've been in a club before and a new couple have stood in the corner and made no effort to talk to anyone and the next day put up a review saying the club is cliquey.

we haven't yet witnessed it yet on this site but on another site we are members of there's not so much a clique,more a group of people who consider themselves "the elite"

"If people spent less time trying to second guess if there are cliques and who might be in a clique .... then may be, just may be, they might have a happier life.

"

You can't honestly believe that anything, anyone on this forum says has any impact on anyones life, surely?

It's words on a screen, meaningless and pointless.

"If people spent less time trying to second guess if there are cliques and who might be in a clique .... then may be, just may be, they might have a happier life.

You can't honestly believe that anything, anyone on this forum says has any impact on anyones life, surely?

It's words on a screen, meaningless and pointless."

I`m gonna get my "gang" after you.

"

I`m gonna get my "gang" after you. "

Eeeep!

It's words on a screen, meaningless and pointless."

Apparently that is not the case.... otherwise people wouldn't go on about it being such a big deal for a newbie to start posting, there wouldn't be so much fuss about cliques and whether or not there are any, there wouldn't be sympathy seeking posts and a few more people could ignore some of your posts

"

I`m gonna get my "gang" after you.

Eeeep!"

I don’t particularly care if groups of people know each other. I don’t expect people who have met at socials and so on to pretend they are still complete strangers…. because that’s daft! I don’t mind mini-hijacks, in-jokes or any other type of posting which may be viewed as insular by those outside of the know/pack/social acquaintances. It happens in real life so people should expect it to happen here. I certainly don't expect because a few people appear to be friends that they should instantly make me their friend also.... just in case I feel left out.

If people start being cliquey in a thread by posting private jokes and dross unrelated to the thread every 30 seconds, then it’s easy enough to move on and look at plenty of other threads.

It’s different in chatrooms, especially where there are limited rooms to move to. In my opinion it makes it pretty much impossible for people to use a chatroom once a group of associates/acquaintances/clique/whatever you want to call it takes over…. but it shouldn’t be a problem on a forum.

I only see it as a problem when it becomes a hijacking of the forum, the same in-joke spilling over into thread after thread, as that does not only spoil the flow of threads but it also impedes the use of the forum for those not in the splinter group.

agree.. if there IS a clique then it definately resides in the chat room.

"Wow did i open a can of worms lol, one word of warning tho, wen i started topic on cliques, it kinda made me see that i was infact in a clique and possibly excluding others im trying hard not to now

You'll be in the secret "hidden profile" clique then?

To be sure...

"

oops thats right a bit of drama in my life, had to hide profile until it subsided

there are always going to be groups of people that get on better than other...thats lifes....not sure i would define them as cliques....anywhere there is a large community there is going to be braches of people that bond....to me thats life.

Is it a clique or are there just people who use the forum more than others and kind of know each other either in real life or virtually.

I just post, more for myself rather than to see what kind of reaction it receives.

I am addicted to the forums and most the people are great andits lovely putting names to faces when we meet at socials or clubs.

Thats exactly the way I see it. But, saying that, i dont really care if there are cliques here, i am a forum junkie but i do write more on other forums than on here, so it doesnt affect or bother me in any way

» Add a new message to this topic