FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Herbal/Crystal remedies

Herbal/Crystal remedies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *horacle OP   Couple  over a year ago

Harwich

I just thought it might be a nice idea to share herbal/crystal remedies..................if your that way inclined that is lol.

I have the perfect crystal healing remedy for period pains. All you need is 2x malachite 1x citrine 1x magnasite around the belly button or in a pouch kept in your pocket.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Thanks - if i ever suffer from period pains, i'll be sure to give it a try.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont know any

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

sam just gets pregnant to get rid of period pains lol

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"Thanks - if i ever suffer from period pains, i'll be sure to give it a try."

c'mon? you've never suffered from period pains? I have, plenty. Gone now though.

Crystals! Come on this has to be the biggest lot of mumbo jumbo ever. I can take on board some herbal side but dangling a piece of glorified glass is taking the piss surely.

By *lassic1Man  over a year ago

bellshill

"I just thought it might be a nice idea to share herbal/crystal remedies..................if your that way inclined that is lol.

I have the perfect crystal healing remedy for period pains. All you need is 2x malachite 1x citrine 1x magnasite around the belly button or in a pouch kept in your pocket.

"

Reminds me of the old Sanitary wear ad....if you wear these you can swim /play tennis and ride a bike.....I though, hey, that will save a lot of training, tried it and couldnt do any....

Harwich

I have a cool one for hangovers.

500ml freshly boiled water

3 tbsp feverfew flowers

3 peeled kiwi fruit

3 tbsp honey

1/2 tsp salt

steep the flowers in the water for 8 minutes.

add mixture to a blender and blitz with the rest of the ingredients. add honey to taste.

it keeps for 1 to 2 days

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Reminds me of when i was a Pharmacist. A lorry driver came in and asked for a lift with a heavy load.

I asked what it was. He said "manhole covers"

Turned out it was a box of Tampax.

That's a tenna to you m'lady.

"Crystals! Come on this has to be the biggest lot of mumbo jumbo ever. I can take on board some herbal side but dangling a piece of glorified glass is taking the piss surely. "

Right up there with homeopathy (and religion).

Harwich

"Crystals! Come on this has to be the biggest lot of mumbo jumbo ever. I can take on board some herbal side but dangling a piece of glorified glass is taking the piss surely. "

I speak from personal experience, they work for me.

"Crystals! Come on this has to be the biggest lot of mumbo jumbo ever. I can take on board some herbal side but dangling a piece of glorified glass is taking the piss surely.

I speak from personal experience, they work for me."

Honestly, they don't but if you believe they do - keep on using them.

Harwich

"Crystals! Come on this has to be the biggest lot of mumbo jumbo ever. I can take on board some herbal side but dangling a piece of glorified glass is taking the piss surely.

Honestly, they don't but if you believe they do - keep on using them."

Honestly they do

Edinburgh

Honestly, they don't but if you believe they do - keep on using them."

The placebo effect both actually exists and works. As does basic psychology.

There's no question that placebos work but the homeopathy nonsense is funded by the NHS to the tune of £2-3 million a year.

How many pieces of modern artfare is that?

Edinburgh

"How many pieces of modern artfare is that?"

Don't! (please)

Harwich

"There's no question that placebos work but the homeopathy nonsense is funded by the NHS to the tune of £2-3 million a year.

How many pieces of modern artfare is that?"

I do not know anything about funding homeopathy on the nhs. I avoid doctors and dentist like the plague.

I get my recipes from all over the place and test them out myself before I would even think of passing them on to anyone.

If your not a fan of herbal/crystal remidies then I suggest you quit reading this thread. You have stated your opinion which is duly noted (and ignored) so there is no real need for you to post on this thread any further is there?

"There's no question that placebos work but the homeopathy nonsense is funded by the NHS to the tune of £2-3 million a year?"
. Well, would the answer to that be that maybe they know more about it than you do? And good for the OP. For sticking up for herself.

Harwich

"There's no question that placebos work but the homeopathy nonsense is funded by the NHS to the tune of £2-3 million a year?. Well, would the answer to that be that maybe they know more about it than you do? And good for the OP. For sticking up for herself."

thank you

Edinburgh

"There's no question that placebos work but the homeopathy nonsense is funded by the NHS to the tune of £2-3 million a year?. Well, would the answer to that be that maybe they know more about it than you do? And good for the OP. For sticking up for herself.

thank you "

Did you two just form a clique??

Harwich

"There's no question that placebos work but the homeopathy nonsense is funded by the NHS to the tune of £2-3 million a year?. Well, would the answer to that be that maybe they know more about it than you do? And good for the OP. For sticking up for herself.

thank you

Did you two just form a clique??"

lol

"There's no question that placebos work but the homeopathy nonsense is funded by the NHS to the tune of £2-3 million a year?. Well, would the answer to that be that maybe they know more about it than you do? And good for the OP. For sticking up for herself."

As a confirmed skeptic I can do no better than quote UK skeptics.

"Homeopathy is best described as a belief system rather than a system of medicine.

Homeopathy also qualifies as a pseudoscience. It contradicts the known laws of physics, chemistry, and pharmacology; it is also dogmatic, relies on anecdotes rather than evidence, requires special pleading to explain its failures, and relies heavily on the magical thinking of both its proponents and its consumers.

Many people use homeopathy because they believe it works; probably as a result of placebo effects or other confounding factors.

As a benign treatment, homeopathy is not going to harm patients directly; however, it is not completely without risk: those who turn to homeopaths when real treatment is required could be risking their health.

The problems with homeopathy as a system of medicine are:

1.Lack of a sound theory.

The theories behind homeopathy simply cannot work (unless, of course, one is prepared to believe in sympathetic magic). They may have seemed tenable in the pre-scientific-medicine era two centuries ago, but to modern science they are simply ludicrous.

2.Lack of medical evidence.

A lack of understanding of how a treatment is meant to work does not mean that it should be dismissed. Testing should be carried out in case something works even though the mechanism is not known.

Fortunately, homeopathy has been tested in quality trials and the results show that it works at the same level as the placebo control. In other words, homeopathy has no therapeutic effect - the perceived improvements due to homeopathy are purely placebo effects.

Proponents of homeopathy are often fanatical in their defence of it, but if we remove the emotion and belief from it and look simply at the facts in an objective manner it is quite clear that homeopathy does not have any robust evidence to support the claim that it works."

Edinburgh

Check out "Bad Science" by Ben Goldacre, tells you all you need to know.

The levels of dilution in Boots homeopathic remedies are above 10 to the power of 60 which, a mathematician has told me, is a feckin' enormous number!

If folks want to to do it/believe it, then that's up to them.

But "Homeopaths Sans Frontiers" now actually exists, and is beyond sick.

"I have a cool one for hangovers.

500ml freshly boiled water

3 tbsp feverfew flowers

3 peeled kiwi fruit

3 tbsp honey

1/2 tsp salt

steep the flowers in the water for 8 minutes.

add mixture to a blender and blitz with the rest of the ingredients. add honey to taste.

it keeps for 1 to 2 days "

Water works perfectly.

Not drinking works too.

I prefer the water one.

Here is the recipe

ingredients ......Water

method .......... drink

Oh dear, that statement is wrong in so many ways but this is not the place to start that debate. Having trained at the Glasgow NHS Homeopathic Hospital I can only say that I've seen it work where radical conventional therapy failed.

Sorry, I type too slowly lol. That was meant for TAV's post

Edinburgh

"Oh dear, that statement is wrong in so many ways but this is not the place to start that debate. Having trained at the Glasgow NHS Homeopathic Hospital I can only say that I've seen it work where radical conventional therapy failed. "

I don't doubt that you have.

And you're right - this is NOT the place to debate the relative merits of the pro/anti perspectives.

Edinburgh

"Sorry, I type too slowly lol. That was meant for TAV's post "

If you fellate at the same speed you type, PM me!!

"Sorry, I type too slowly lol. That was meant for TAV's post "

I should hope so Heather! I know the recipe for water so can't possibly be wrong !

Ah, but there's heavy water and the other stuff lol

"Ah, but there's heavy water and the other stuff lol"

Ohhhhhhh come onnnnnnnn. You are gonna tell me that yours is in a bottle and was wafted over a crystal before the top went on it........

"Oh dear, that statement is wrong in so many ways but this is not the place to start that debate. Having trained at the Glasgow NHS Homeopathic Hospital I can only say that I've seen it work where radical conventional therapy failed. "

That's back to belief.

What particular illness or disease did radical conventional therapy fail yet homeopathy cure?

I'm with the OP on this one, I too was sceptical initially until I tried homoeopathy on my daughter (too young to know any difference at the time hence no placebo effect) and myself and it has worked. I'll always initially go down the alternative route first. Don't knock it unless you've tried it.

Hey whatever happened to men wanting 'open minded' women?

"I'm with the OP on this one, I too was sceptical initially until I tried homoeopathy on my daughter (too young to know any difference at the time hence no placebo effect) and myself and it has worked. I'll always initially go down the alternative route first. Don't knock it unless you've tried it. "

That too is about belief. The child, albeit subconsciously, thinks 'Mummy has given me this, it must make me better'.

What was the ailment?

Edinburgh

"Hey whatever happened to men wanting 'open minded' women?

"

Just because i'm not a fan of homeopathy (does that make me "homeophobic"?) does not mean i won't sleep with you.

Forum Mod

"I'm with the OP on this one, I too was sceptical initially until I tried homoeopathy on my daughter (too young to know any difference at the time hence no placebo effect) and myself and it has worked. I'll always initially go down the alternative route first. Don't knock it unless you've tried it.

That too is about belief. The child, albeit subconsciously, thinks 'Mummy has given me this, it must make me better'.

What was the ailment?"

Does it matter what the ailment was if the treatment given has worked

"I'm with the OP on this one, I too was sceptical initially until I tried homoeopathy on my daughter (too young to know any difference at the time hence no placebo effect) and myself and it has worked. I'll always initially go down the alternative route first. Don't knock it unless you've tried it.

What was the ailment?"

Qualifications to make that expert opinion please? You don't know my child!! lol

"Hey whatever happened to men wanting 'open minded' women?

Just because i'm not a fan of homeopathy (does that make me "homeophobic"?) does not mean i won't sleep with you.

"

Best offer all day

Large slab of granit applied to the head will cure all known pain not just period pain.

What was the ailment?

"

Yes, it matters. If the problem was noctural incontinence that'd be one thing. If the problem was acute lymphoblastic leukemia that'd be much more impressive.

What was the ailment?

Qualifications to make that expert opinion please? You don't know my child!! lol"

Children all want to please their mother. If their mother gives them something 'that'll make them better' some of them will get better but it has nothing to do with the 'medicine'.

I think that's that subject killed off rather coldly I may add. Lets hope the next one isn't on euthanasia!

Forum Mod

What was the ailment?

Yes, it matters. If the problem was noctural incontinence that'd be one thing. If the problem was acute lymphoblastic leukemia that'd be much more impressive."

I hav'nt ever seen it mentioned that homeopathy claims to cure cancer

It can be used to relieve symptoms but not cure it

Im not an expert on homeopathy nor a great user, im a nurse so see basic ailments sometimes treated effectively alongside conventional medicine

regardless if its only placebo effect/pshychological effect if it works,it works so can't be completely dismissed as useless

"

What particular illness or disease did radical conventional therapy fail yet homeopathy cure?"

Well, there are lots of notable ones but one that sticks the most is a man with Cluster Headaches. Google it. It was impressive

I can't find the instance to which you refer. Doesn't mean it didn't happen but I can't find it.

My view is that cluster headaches, whilst enormously debilitating, aren't an illness but a symptom of an illness. That illness could be just about any 'brain' related problem from stress to a brain tumour.

Whilst it's possible that a belief in a homeopathic 'cure' relieved the symptom (bearing in mind that cluster headaches sometimes just go away themselves) but not the underlying cause.

Well, it's not called the Suicide Headache for nothing. Conventional treatment had him toothless, addicted to prescription meds, fractured skull from headbanging from the pain, etc and suicidal. Homeopathic treatment resolved the headaches and he was able to live a normal life. If conventional therapy couldn't find the cause, why should it matter that homeopathy didn't either. Anyway, that's not how it works. However, is this not about herbal remedies and crystals?

» Add a new message to this topic