FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mod Bashing!

Mod Bashing!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been perusing the forums.

There seems or appears to be a negativity towards Site MOD's of late.

Do users realise the work MOD's put in behind the scenes? I guess not!

All sites need to be moderated, otherwise it would be a free for all!

Please give the Mod's the respect they deserve. They are choosen for their ability make a judgement call without being predijuce.

Paddy xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

i second that

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well said!

They give their time freely to keep this a nice and friendly place for peeps to hang out.

Each forum has rules and regulations. If peeps do not like them, the door is always open.

I have been a mod on a couple of forums, as well as the admin for one, and it is not an easy job.

It is a thankless job, as there will always be peeps who do not agree with you/the board/the rules etc...

So three cheers for the Mods on FAB!!!

Rather them than me and we couldnt have a site without them.

I particularly would like to single out RugbydoesMFM who regularly mediates in dicey situations on the forums.

Nice pics too!!

The mods do the job they signed up for. Some will feel aggrieved some not and may complain. As long as its not nasty then they are allowed to do so. I am not going to suck up to the mods as i am sure the owners feel perfectly happy with what they do if they are still in place. I will say though if they do it for no reward respect is given when due.

Can't say I've come across any anti-Mod threads. If anything, all I've seen are threads in support for them. They do a great job here and I've seen a lot of people banned for a lot less on other sites.

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

i amgood friends with two of th chat room mods and have seen the shit they have to put up with when they have had to kick people from the room for now abiding by the rules. i wouldn't want to do it for all the cash in the world.

well done for volunteering to all the mods xxxx

"i amgood friends with two of th chat room mods and have seen the shit they have to put up with when they have had to kick people from the room for now abiding by the rules. i wouldn't want to do it for all the cash in the world.

well done for volunteering to all the mods xxxx"

Tell me about it !

I resigned becuase of the shit - just aint worth the hassle

I dipped my toes in the chatroom on FAB, not my cup of tea.

I used to frequent adult chatroom a lot 8y ago, and peeps appeared to be more polite back then, and not so brash and aggressive!

Perhaps I am just getting too old for this sh1t!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why you feel the need to as you call" SUCK UP TO THEM? "

The fact that you posted that deserves an explination!

You've obviously not read the posts above?

Or have you reacted on a whim without thinking it through?

Paddy xx

"The mods do the job they signed up for. Some will feel aggrieved some not and may complain. As long as its not nasty then they are allowed to do so. I am not going to suck up to the mods as i am sure the owners feel perfectly happy with what they do if they are still in place. I will say though if they do it for no reward respect is given when due."

"The mods do the job they signed up for. Some will feel aggrieved some not and may complain. As long as its not nasty then they are allowed to do so. I am not going to suck up to the mods as i am sure the owners feel perfectly happy with what they do if they are still in place. I will say though if they do it for no reward respect is given when due."

The mods are not paid, I pay my site supporter fees in the same way as everyone else.

Sometimes the insults border on downright abuse, but as mods are chosen for being level headed in most situations, we take the rough with the smooth in our stride.

We are human and do have feelings like everyone else, we just hang them on the peg as we go in the door.

If the mods have to pay for the site supporter scheme then I think that's completely wrong.

I'm not saying for a minute pay them a full salary with benefits etc but it wouldn't hurt the site owners to give all the mods free supporter status in recognition of all the work they put in .

"If the mods have to pay for the site supporter scheme then I think that's completely wrong.

I'm not saying for a minute pay them a full salary with benefits etc but it wouldn't hurt the site owners to give all the mods free supporter status in recognition of all the work they put in ."

Agreed xx

Personally, knowing they do not have any privilages and are treated the same as the rest of us, makes me want to kiss and hug them more!

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Personally, knowing they do not have any privilages and are treated the same as the rest of us, makes me want to kiss and hug them more! "

Nothing could make me want to hug and kiss them more

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

This is the first site ive been on where i havent been a mod or administrer and i think thats one of the reasons i love this site. Modding is damn hard work and stressful with little or no thanks

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

I'm gonna spank a mod when I get my hands on her at the Beach Party.....

But I'm taking my umbrella with me cus last time, I got very wet!!!!

"I'm gonna spank a mod when I get my hands on her at the Beach Party.....

But I'm taking my umbrella with me cus last time, I got very wet!!!! "

I'll bring waterproofs!

"Can't say I've come across any anti-Mod threads. If anything, all I've seen are threads in support for them. They do a great job here and I've seen a lot of people banned for a lot less on other sites."

Was going to say the same thing: I have noticed any anti mod threads either!

Check out Swingers Chat, someone is having a go about mods deleting unfavourable feedbacks for clubs.

"

Why you feel the need to as you call" SUCK UP TO THEM? "

The fact that you posted that deserves an explination!

You've obviously not read the posts above?

Or have you reacted on a whim without thinking it through?

Paddy xx

The mods do the job they signed up for. Some will feel aggrieved some not and may complain. As long as its not nasty then they are allowed to do so. I am not going to suck up to the mods as i am sure the owners feel perfectly happy with what they do if they are still in place. I will say though if they do it for no reward respect is given when due."

Paddy. If you think he deserves and explanation - give him one.

If you think he OWES an explanation i'd like to know why?

Modding is a bloody duty NOT a virtue.

When it's done well it serves it's purpose.

Forum Mod

Sits here spinning my fallen halo on my finger

"The mods do the job they signed up for. Some will feel aggrieved some not and may complain. As long as its not nasty then they are allowed to do so. I am not going to suck up to the mods as i am sure the owners feel perfectly happy with what they do if they are still in place. I will say though if they do it for no reward respect is given when due.

The mods are not paid, I pay my site supporter fees in the same way as everyone else.

Sometimes the insults border on downright abuse, but as mods are chosen for being level headed in most situations, we take the rough with the smooth in our stride.

We are human and do have feelings like everyone else, we just hang them on the peg as we go in the door. "

When we were mods we never paid a fee for site supporter - Gold pass

"Sits here spinning my fallen halo on my finger"

Oh shush ...... xxx Put it back up .. I like the way is outshines the light from the nether regions ......

Gran walks off mumblin sommat about those too sensitive to hold office.......... sheesh

Forum Mod

"Sits here spinning my fallen halo on my finger

Oh shush ...... xxx Put it back up .. I like the way is outshines the light from the nether regions ......

Gran walks off mumblin sommat about those too sensitive to hold office.......... sheesh "

No I prefer it down

stop mumbling it had nothing to do with sensitivity and more to do with naughtiness xx

By *izterryCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

'Mod bashing'? Thought that was for Rockers not Swingers.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Although I know the thread was started with good intentions, I don't agree fully to be honest. There doesn't seem much mod bashing and it seems to come in spurts when it does, although you may have seen a couple this week before they were deleted.

If there is any mod bashing , be that picture/ chat or forum mod bashing.....then mods normally shut the thread and point them to the CONTACT button so that any feedback is done privately to Admin. We do this because that is how Admin like it to happen and not because that is a mods opinion.

Mods are not paid employees of the site and are members like everyone else, so why Admin ask for the feedback privately.

If any thread has to be stopped there is normally a reason given and any advice if needed, that is a mod talking not a member...the same if a mod has to step in when a " heated debate" is going on. The rest of the time ( which is most of the time ) a mod is just a member and normally joins in the threads like everyone else.

I understand sometimes if people get frustrated that threads or posts have to be taken down, but most of the time people will accept it after it has been explained. Those that don't we advise to go leave their feedback with Admin.......and believe me, if Admin don't like how a mod has dealt with something they soon tell them.

On the plus side, it isn't every day a post has to be removed or a thread has to be shut or deleted......most of the time the forums run themselves, but most people just remember if they see threads shut or have their threads shut. But, if no rules were broken, no posts or threads would be removed

PS as for HPC having a halo.........no chance

whos been slagging me off?? hehehehe ...... just joking

"PS as for HPC having a halo.........no chance "

Give a girl a glittery hula hoop and she gets all excited....

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

it is nice that sometimes us mods get appreciated lol. It is the minority that "have a go" .thankfully ...

"it is nice that sometimes us mods get appreciated lol. It is the minority that "have a go" .thankfully ...

"

well said jan hun xxxxx

i personally dont know who are mods and they do a great job xxxx

we would like to say thanks to we think you do a great job.

thanks to you all that run this site its great

terry and sue xxxxx

By *ofakindCouple  over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

"i personally dont know who are mods and they do a great job xxxx"

i do know tht hpc and rugby are forum mods and we do kow a picture mod butnot sure if we're allowed to say x

"i do know tht hpc and rugby are forum mods and we do kow a picture mod butnot sure if we're allowed to say x"

Damn...that's my PM exposed as a lie...

At this stage i'd like to thank me.

» Add a new message to this topic