FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Spending cuts at a glance

Spending cuts at a glance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Spending cuts: The £6.2bn savings at-a-glance

Here are the seven key points of the coalition government's spending cuts for 2010-2011, set out by Chancellor George Osborne and Chief Secretary to the Treasury David Laws.

CUTS BY TYPE

• £1.15bn in "discretionary" areas such as consultancy and travel costs

• £95m through savings in IT spending

• £1.7bn will be saved in delaying or stopping government contracts and projects

• Reductions in property costs will save £170m

• More than £120m expected to be found through a freeze in civil service recruitment

• £600m by cutting the cost of quangos

• £520m will be saved through other low-value spending

CUTS BY DEPARTMENT

Dept business: £836m

DCLG: £780m

Dept Transport: £683m

Education dept: £670m

Dept work pensions: £535m

Chancellor's Dept: £451m

Local govnt: £405m

Home Office: £367m

Mins of Justice: £325m

Devolved admins: £704m

DEFRA: £162m

Dept for Energy: £85m

Culture dept: £88m

Cabinet Office: £79m

Foreign Office: £55m

Law officers' dept: £18m

Since taking up their jobs at the Treasury Mr Osborne and Mr Laws have had discussions with the secretaries of state of each department. They also sought advice from officials at the Treasury and Bank of England on whether these savings are viable.

It is the coalition government's first move to tackle the UK's £156bn deficit, attempting to reduce any waste in Whitehall ahead of a spending review later in 2010.

There will be more details as well - including on civil service pay - in an emergency Budget on 22 June.

IN MORE DETAIL: EDUCATION

The education department will have to make savings of £670m but Mr Osborne said that schools' funding, the Sure Start programme and spending on education for 16-19-year-olds would be protected - something that was not in the Conservatives' manifesto.

The 20,000 extra university places promised by the Labour government will be reduced to 10,000.

By closing the quango British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta) the government hopes to save £80m.

CHILD TRUST FUNDS

There will be a reduction then end to Child Trust Funds, saving £320m, with payments being stopped altogether in January 2011. From then, provisions will be made for an extra £20m to provide respite care for disabled children.

CIVIL SERVICE

There will be a £190m saving through a freeze on non-frontline civil service recruitment. Any salary that is higher than the prime minister's own will have to be approved by Mr Laws.

HEALTH, INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND DEFENCE

Frontline services in these departments will be protected. Any efficiency savings in these areas will be recycled within their own current budgets.

LOCAL GOVERNMENT

Local government is expected to make a contribution of £1.165bn through reductions to individual grants. Ring-fencing to end for more than £1.7bn of grants given to local authorities so they can make their own cuts.

BUSINESS

The biggest of all the departmental cuts will be at the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills, totalling £836m.

TRANSPORT

Spending at the Department of Transport will be reduced by £683m. By cutting grants to local authorities, the department will save £309m. Network Rail will have to find savings of £100m. In London, following discussions with Mayor Boris Johnson, £108m could be cut from Transport for London's grant.

WORK AND PENSIONS

The Department for Work and Pensions will make £535m of cuts. Of that, £200m will be saved through reduced IT projects and consultancy, marketing, travel and a recruitment freeze. The remaining £335m comes from measures such as winding down, then cutting altogether, the Future Jobs Fund which will save £290m. The department will also stop the £1,000 subsidy for employers to take on anyone who has been out of work for six months.

GOVERNMENT MINISTERS

Ministers will no longer have dedicated ministerial cars and will be expected to walk, use public transport or pooled cars where possible.

DEVOLVED CUTS

The savings for all three devolved administrations in Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast will be £704m. This is a gross total, not taking into account any reinvestments or recycled savings. In each case, the three can choose to defer the cuts until the next financial year.

For Wales, the cuts will total £187m. However, after £24m is reinvested into the Welsh block grant, the actual figure will be £162.5m.

The savings in Scotland are £375m but this will be reduced to £332.8m once £42.2m is reinvested via the Scottish block grant.

Northern Ireland's gross cut is £142m which, after £14m is reinvested through the block grant system, will actually be £128m.

WHO WILL OVERSEE THE CUTS?

A new board, called the Efficiency and Reform Group, is being set up to oversee departmental cuts. It will be chaired jointly by Mr Laws and Cabinet Minister Francis Maude and include civil servants from across Whitehall.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Its scary when you see it in black and white.

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

"Spending cuts: The £6.2bn savings at-a-glance

Here are the seven key points of the coalition government's spending cuts for 2010-2011, set out by Chancellor George Osborne and Chief Secretary to the Treasury David Laws.

CUTS BY TYPE

• £1.15bn in "discretionary" areas such as consultancy and travel costs

• £95m through savings in IT spending

• £1.7bn will be saved in delaying or stopping government contracts and projects

• Reductions in property costs will save £170m

• More than £120m expected to be found through a freeze in civil service recruitment

• £600m by cutting the cost of quangos

• £520m will be saved through other low-value spending

CUTS BY DEPARTMENT

Dept business: £836m

DCLG: £780m

Dept Transport: £683m

Education dept: £670m

Dept work pensions: £535m

Chancellor's Dept: £451m

Local govnt: £405m

Home Office: £367m

Mins of Justice: £325m

Devolved admins: £704m

DEFRA: £162m

Dept for Energy: £85m

Culture dept: £88m

Cabinet Office: £79m

Foreign Office: £55m

Law officers' dept: £18m

Since taking up their jobs at the Treasury Mr Osborne and Mr Laws have had discussions with the secretaries of state of each department. They also sought advice from officials at the Treasury and Bank of England on whether these savings are viable.

It is the coalition government's first move to tackle the UK's £156bn deficit, attempting to reduce any waste in Whitehall ahead of a spending review later in 2010.

There will be more details as well - including on civil service pay - in an emergency Budget on 22 June.

IN MORE DETAIL: EDUCATION

The education department will have to make savings of £670m but Mr Osborne said that schools' funding, the Sure Start programme and spending on education for 16-19-year-olds would be protected - something that was not in the Conservatives' manifesto.

The 20,000 extra university places promised by the Labour government will be reduced to 10,000.

By closing the quango British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta) the government hopes to save £80m.

CHILD TRUST FUNDS

There will be a reduction then end to Child Trust Funds, saving £320m, with payments being stopped altogether in January 2011. From then, provisions will be made for an extra £20m to provide respite care for disabled children.

CIVIL SERVICE

There will be a £190m saving through a freeze on non-frontline civil service recruitment. Any salary that is higher than the prime minister's own will have to be approved by Mr Laws.

HEALTH, INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND DEFENCE

Frontline services in these departments will be protected. Any efficiency savings in these areas will be recycled within their own current budgets.

LOCAL GOVERNMENT

Local government is expected to make a contribution of £1.165bn through reductions to individual grants. Ring-fencing to end for more than £1.7bn of grants given to local authorities so they can make their own cuts.

BUSINESS

The biggest of all the departmental cuts will be at the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills, totalling £836m.

TRANSPORT

Spending at the Department of Transport will be reduced by £683m. By cutting grants to local authorities, the department will save £309m. Network Rail will have to find savings of £100m. In London, following discussions with Mayor Boris Johnson, £108m could be cut from Transport for London's grant.

WORK AND PENSIONS

The Department for Work and Pensions will make £535m of cuts. Of that, £200m will be saved through reduced IT projects and consultancy, marketing, travel and a recruitment freeze. The remaining £335m comes from measures such as winding down, then cutting altogether, the Future Jobs Fund which will save £290m. The department will also stop the £1,000 subsidy for employers to take on anyone who has been out of work for six months.

GOVERNMENT MINISTERS

Ministers will no longer have dedicated ministerial cars and will be expected to walk, use public transport or pooled cars where possible.

DEVOLVED CUTS

The savings for all three devolved administrations in Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast will be £704m. This is a gross total, not taking into account any reinvestments or recycled savings. In each case, the three can choose to defer the cuts until the next financial year.

For Wales, the cuts will total £187m. However, after £24m is reinvested into the Welsh block grant, the actual figure will be £162.5m.

The savings in Scotland are £375m but this will be reduced to £332.8m once £42.2m is reinvested via the Scottish block grant.

Northern Ireland's gross cut is £142m which, after £14m is reinvested through the block grant system, will actually be £128m.

WHO WILL OVERSEE THE CUTS?

A new board, called the Efficiency and Reform Group, is being set up to oversee departmental cuts. It will be chaired jointly by Mr Laws and Cabinet Minister Francis Maude and include civil servants from across Whitehall.

"

bit more detail please

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I glanced and I think I missed it

well all the talk of government and there cuts thought I would show what they are really doing.

luton

"well all the talk of government and there cuts thought I would show what they are really doing."

they should cut the money they give to the royal family

there money has been frozen not cut

the queen has allready saved an estimated 1 billion pounds in unpaid income tax since she did a private deal with winston churchill

they are raking in untold billions from there shareholding portfolio etc and the likes of the duchy of cornwall etc

there income from the taxpayer remains the same , while they consider taking milk out of childrens mouths

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Its scary when you see it in black and white."

Maybe......

But totally necessary before the country goes bankrupt!

By *orthernlad57Man  over a year ago

Bolton

this takes us back to the 80s high unemployment,communities split,and high crime rates,everybody suffers apart from the rich

"well all the talk of government and there cuts thought I would show what they are really doing.

the queen has allready saved an estimated 1 billion pounds in unpaid income tax since she did a private deal with winston churchill

they are raking in untold billions from there shareholding portfolio etc and the likes of the duchy of cornwall etc

there income from the taxpayer remains the same , while they consider taking milk out of childrens mouths "

The Queen has an estimated personal wealth of £500m, and the Royal Family receive approximately £40m from the Civil List each year, and it should be reminded that the taxpayer profits from the vast income from the Crown Estate, which owns great chunks of London, including Regent Street. Each monarch signs over these profits to the government in exchange for the much, much smaller Civil List.

The Queen spends, on average, £1.2m on catering and £600k on housekeeping & furnishings annually. She holds assets worth £17b in trust for the nation and our Royal Family rank fourth richest in Europe behind the Royal Families of Leichtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco and The Netherlands.

The cost to every person living in Britain today is just 66p per year, and I am more than happy to give my 66p and that of Siren and my two children, total £2.64, in return for the money the Queen and her family generate for the UK. I consider it a sound investment and a great return for my money.

* edit ranks fifth

I saw on the news last week that a percentage of all ther richest men in the world were donating half their wealt to charities. Cant we have some of them to help us out.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Even scarier when you consider that Nu_Labour spent £146bn they never had last year alone, some £700-800bn in the last few years.

What's £6.2bn amongst all that lot? Hardly worth bothering with is it?

Stop the wars and dont replace Trident.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Everybody complained that labour got us in this mess, now everyone is complaining that con/libs are trying to get us out the mess. Wasnt it obvious when they where voted in that cut backs where going to happen or did everyone think the money would magically appear out of thin air???????////

"Stop the wars and dont replace Trident."

If we lived in Shangri-La I'd agree with you, but we don't.

Well the reason I say that is April 2001- March 2010 costs were estimated at:

£9.24bn in Iraq

£11.1bn in Afghanistan

Lob in potentially £100bn for a Trident replacement and remember the incalculable cost to human life on all sides.

Why confine doing the right thing to Shangri La?

Bradford

Iraq i can barely understand, OIL, and Blair.

WTF are we doing in Afghanistan? The Russians didn't achieve anything in 10 years.

I agree, cancel Trident.

Any ideas where the other say £500bn is gonna come from?

PS anyone notice the Labour Gov't printed £200bn? Why not just print a further say £900bn and we can all have a divi. Yippeee.

"Well the reason I say that is April 2001- March 2010 costs were estimated at:

£9.24bn in Iraq

£11.1bn in Afghanistan

Lob in potentially £100bn for a Trident replacement and remember the incalculable cost to human life on all sides.

Why confine doing the right thing to Shangri La?"

The so called 'Nuclear Club' - Nuclear Weapon States (NWT) - consists of:

Britain

U.S.A.

Russia

China

France

~

States that have conducted nuclear tests and are believed to have nuclear weapons:

Pakistan

India

North Korea

Israel

~

South Africa remain the only country to have had them but disassembled them.

~

I'm pretty comfortable with the first 5 countries listed above as I'm quite sure none of them will start a nuclear war. It's the other four that worry me.

I vote we keep Trident. The world isn't safe enough to get rid of them just yet.

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

sorry...but i think i'm missing the point here,...you highlight where cuts are to be made...and????? what....we all know that if you spend beyond your means soooner or later the bailiffs catch up with you and it the old pay back time...isn't it?

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Its scary when you see it in black and white.

Maybe......

"

Countries dont go bankrupt,the fact is all these cuts are an excuse to attack the most vunerable in society.

Iceland?? Greece is also close

Yes unlikely but it can happen x

"Its scary when you see it in black and white.

Maybe......

Countries dont go bankrupt,the fact is all these cuts are an excuse to attack the most vunerable in society."

Ministers do not sit in Whitehall with the sole intention of thinking up new ways to attack the vulnerable in society. They know that however vulnerable someone may be that they still have a vote every five years.

luton

"well all the talk of government and there cuts thought I would show what they are really doing.

there income from the taxpayer remains the same , while they consider taking milk out of childrens mouths

The Queen has an estimated personal wealth of £500m, and the Royal Family receive approximately £40m from the Civil List each year, and it should be reminded that the taxpayer profits from the vast income from the Crown Estate, which owns great chunks of London, including Regent Street. Each monarch signs over these profits to the government in exchange for the much, much smaller Civil List.

The Queen spends, on average, £1.2m on catering and £600k on housekeeping & furnishings annually. She holds assets worth £17b in trust for the nation and our Royal Family rank fourth richest in Europe behind the Royal Families of Leichtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco and The Netherlands.

The cost to every person living in Britain today is just 66p per year, and I am more than happy to give my 66p and that of Siren and my two children, total £2.64, in return for the money the Queen and her family generate for the UK. I consider it a sound investment and a great return for my money."

first of all it is my veiw that most people who say that they "enjoy" being subsevient to the queen , do not say that because they like to feel inferior , and like the fact they have to bow and curtsie when in her presence

the true reason for supporting the crown is the fact that they live in a stable economy where peace prevails , and they can go about there buissness and earn a nice wedge , and own property etc

they do not want this status quo to change , that is why they say things like it only costs 60p per person , and that makes it SEEM a small amount of money , it kind of sanitises it and justifies it

they dont seem to do it with anything else , you never hear people say , trident only costs us 3 quid each , or the NHS only costs us £1.73 p each etc

the reason being they dont feel the need to justify it

its the same in every aspect of life

mrs luton never mentions what she spends on potatoes , pork chops , bleach , bread , she never even mentions about buying knickers , bras , skirts etc

but if she comes home with a full length sheepskin coat made by coco channel and cost a packet all you hear is

it will last 5 years , ill be warm in the winter , and by the way it only works out at 28p per day , a fecking bargain , wished id bought 2 !!!

she had to justify it

prince charles alone this year will get 20 million quid surpluss after tax this year from the duchy of cornwall

( god alone knows what else they get from there share and property portfolios )

that works out at £54,797 PER DAY

and you think i should readily give them my 60p per year on top of that lol

the royal family are not in fact the true blood line , and for this reason alone should be deposed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3368731.stm

but they are there at the moment and for now the ones that bleed us like leeches

by its very nature the royal family are there to be attacked , they only got to be in the position they are now by brute force , and superior "gangsmanship"

just like say 800 skin heads that have taken over brighton seafront , and are bashing the head in of anyone thats trying to remove them , the royal family sit on the crown

in fact that is a gross insult to skinheads , because i cant remember a skinhead ever hang drawing and quartering anyone

[Removed by poster at 15/08/10 00:04:51]

You are living in the past.

200, 300, 400 years ago mankind would not have got very far if we didn't have a fuedal system of governance. If nobody aspired to be the king of the hill humans would have run around like headless chickens scratching around in the dirt without any sense of direction. The 'vassals', without intelligence, would have stolen what they wanted from their neighbour leading to petty blood wars that last centuries (bit like some places on Earth now eh?).

The Lords ruled because they were powerful enough to band a community together and hold it together by force, and they knew what would happen if their grip on power ever lessened.

That is how ruling dynasties changed power.

So what that we have the Windsors today, if it hadn't been that family it would have been another everything would be pretty much the same. Except that now the masses are educated. We won't follow a sovereign blindly, and as long as they hold our respect they will remain in place, obliged to do what they can for the country, and the moment they don't they'll soon find themselves under the most intense pressure from us - the vassals - or is it us who are the real Lords now?

It doesn't seem at all strange that the Royals are still there when you think along those lines, does it?

Be thankful you're not living in Ireland, we are being properly shafted.

Bradford

And what of the future?

arise Lord Prescott, Lord Mandleson etc

the "great mess" turned out OK for that pair of twats didn't it?

"

And what of the future?

the "great mess" turned out OK for that pair of twats didn't it?"

When an MP is carted of the the Lords it's their way of promising us that they'll never sit in government again. We should be grateful for that really.

Bradford

"Be thankful you're not living in Ireland, we are being properly shafted."

It made me laugh recently.

The Irish PM ( or equivalent, it's an odd word to me ) reduced his salary of Euro290,000 by 20% ( net Euro 232,000)

Having raised it from Euro210,000 the year before, for no extra effort.

The ingenuous bastard.

*correct me if i'm out on the figures reported.

"Well the reason I say that is April 2001- March 2010 costs were estimated at:

£9.24bn in Iraq

£11.1bn in Afghanistan

Why confine doing the right thing to Shangri La?

The so called 'Nuclear Club' - Nuclear Weapon States (NWT) - consists of:

Britain

U.S.A.

Russia

China

France

~

States that have conducted nuclear tests and are believed to have nuclear weapons:

Pakistan

India

North Korea

Israel

~

South Africa remain the only country to have had them but disassembled them.

~

I'm pretty comfortable with the first 5 countries listed above as I'm quite sure none of them will start a nuclear war. It's the other four that worry me.

I vote we keep Trident. The world isn't safe enough to get rid of them just yet."

I second that (honest, I do!)

Ever see the head and shoulder advert where he says he uses head and shoulders and she says "but you don't have dandrufff....."

Oh you are more than likely correct and that doesn't include expenses.

Bradford

"

And what of the future?

When an MP is carted of the the Lords it's their way of promising us that they'll never sit in government again. We should be grateful for that really. "

I thought the Lords was Government?

Or at least it used to be until presidential PM Blair came along.

Another good reason to keep the monarchy.

PS Wishy, it was getting close in the heyday of the two slapper princesses wasn't it?

"

I second that (honest, I do!)

Ever see the head and shoulder advert where he says he uses head and shoulders and she says "but you don't have dandrufff....."

"

Persactly!

"

And what of the future?

When an MP is carted of the the Lords it's their way of promising us that they'll never sit in government again. We should be grateful for that really.

PS Wishy, it was getting close in the heyday of the two slapper princesses wasn't it?"

Liz wasn't a slapper! She didn't have time, she got the crown at the age of 26.

Mags put it about a bit but hey, the one who knows they won't accede can play the field a bit can't they lol

Bradford

"

And what of the future?

PS Wishy, it was getting close in the heyday of the two slapper princesses wasn't it?

Liz wasn't a slapper! She didn't have time, she got the crown at the age of 26.

Mags put it about a bit but hey, the one who knows they won't accede can play the field a bit can't they lol "

Not Liz wishy, she's great.

Di and the redhead ( the one who's nearly bust )

Ah, sorry, forgot about them.

Di was lovely, I'd have shagged the arse off her. As for Fergie... well... she's a ginge minge ain't she, so it's hardly surprising she ain't got any mates now she ain't got a pot to piss in.

luton

"You are living in the past.

200, 300, 400 years ago mankind would not have got very far if we didn't have a fuedal system of governance. If nobody aspired to be the king of the hill humans would have run around like headless chickens scratching around in the dirt without any sense of direction. The 'vassals', without intelligence, would have stolen what they wanted from their neighbour leading to petty blood wars that last centuries (bit like some places on Earth now eh?).

The Lords ruled because they were powerful enough to band a community together and hold it together by force, and they knew what would happen if their grip on power ever lessened.

That is how ruling dynasties changed power.

So what that we have the Windsors today, if it hadn't been that family it would have been another everything would be pretty much the same. Except that now the masses are educated. We won't follow a sovereign blindly, and as long as they hold our respect they will remain in place, obliged to do what they can for the country, and the moment they don't they'll soon find themselves under the most intense pressure from us - the vassals - or is it us who are the real Lords now?

It doesn't seem at all strange that the Royals are still there when you think along those lines, does it?"

i cant dissagree with anything that youve said ...........but

all those feudal gangs etc that eventually led to a single crowned leader ......... a leader that could comand the heads of those gangs , have used , and played US the population , like a fecking tune , throughout the centurys

they have achieved what the mafia godfather never managed to do

they are now legitimate

i am entitled to my veiws and they will not change , and i feel that because we are talking about such a murderous gang of thugs we should play them by there own rules

they are not needed now as they are only ceremonial

they should go the way of the romanovs and be shot at dawn

that would be infinatly more mercyfull than some of the ways they killed my ancestors , and i would gladly pull the trigger

if it wasnt bad enough i have to put up with them , as is

i have to put up with the constant propaganda like diana , the most beautifull woman ever to walk on the planet , going round waving a metal detector looking for a land mine , all kitted up in safety gear , when there wasnt a mine within a 750 mile radius

or fergie the author of childrens books , or the designer of fergie perfume , when she obviously has a ghost writer etc

now its the 2 princess with there pissing helicopters , god knows who there PR consultant is but to be trained to fly an apache attack helicopter at the cost of millions , and then find out that to ACTUALLY fly one in combat is too dangerous ........

jesus christ

the truth came out with prince charles when he went to timbertop boot camp

he cried like a baby and had to come home

sometimes the propaganda machine goes just a bit too far , i remember when he was young they called prince charles the handsome dashing prince !!!

when they made a spitting image puppet of him , they had to make it better looking than real life or the other puppets refused to work with it

his father prince phillip is the one who constantly lets us know what a pillock he is , by saying people should put a brick in the toilet cistern to save water , when he is privvy lol to 500 of them , and the palaces he lives in use more water than the thames can produce just to water the lawns !

he is also the one that said a really badly wired electricity box looked like it was wired "by an indian"

in this multicultural society we dont need theese "racists" as head of state

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Cuts have to be made. Everyone will feel the pain to some extent (the richest will always find a way to insulate themselves).

I'd scrap Trident. We can't afford it. We would never use it. Period.

There should be no 'protected areas' of funding cuts/freezes. Things will get hard for a couple of years. Hopefully, it will then start to get better.

i like the queen i dont mind payin my 66p for her and prince phillip makes me laugh!

i really dont care what they get up to as i think they a great example of modern british family dysfuntional and deranged just like the rest of us!

how much does she bring in from tourists etc?

prince charles got an estate up here and makin an enviromentally friendly village etc and bringin jobs to an area and money from tourists etc!

royalty and monarchy are part of our history and have made a rich tapestry so i dont see the problem! if you dont like it move to a country without it! x

luton

"i like the queen i dont mind payin my 66p for her and prince phillip makes me laugh!

i really dont care what they get up to as i think they a great example of modern british family dysfuntional and deranged just like the rest of us!

how much does she bring in from tourists etc?

prince charles got an estate up here and makin an enviromentally friendly village etc and bringin jobs to an area and money from tourists etc!

royalty and monarchy are part of our history and have made a rich tapestry so i dont see the problem! if you dont like it move to a country without it! x"

my ancestors were here before theres , let then bugger off

genes reunited causes anarchy in uk.... sounds good as a daly mail headline!!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I read somewhere that although the Queen gets what seems like a lot of money , the Monachy generate 10 times as much in Tourism.

"I read somewhere that although the Queen gets what seems like a lot of money , the Monachy generate 10 times as much in Tourism."

I tried to find the figures but the income they generate is unquantifiable, and much of what they spend is greyed by what is deemed personally financed and what the state is obligated to pay for. I think you are not far wrong though, x 10 is about the accepted figure.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"

And what of the future?

When an MP is carted of the the Lords it's their way of promising us that they'll never sit in government again. We should be grateful for that really. "

I thought they could be slotted into the front bench ,thats how mandy was brought back in from europe ,he had no seat.

If you read prescotts book he is actually a very intelligent guy.He was stitched by the press because he refused to give em the access they believed they should have by devine right.

The 2 jags story ,the croquet scandal was all total bollocks.

"

And what of the future?

I thought they could be slotted into the front bench ,thats how mandy was brought back in from europe ,he had no seat.

If you read prescotts book he is actually a very intelligent guy.He was stitched by the press because he refused to give em the access they believed they should have by devine right.

The 2 jags story ,the croquet scandal was all total bollocks.

"

Prezza had to have something contentious in his book or no fooker would buy a simple story about "how I thumped a journo one day"

» Add a new message to this topic