FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blocking someone

Blocking someone

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rc83 OP   Man  over a year ago

warrington

why is it that when you have been chatting to someone for a few weeks and it's going well, then you go to view there profile and find out you've been blocked.

Why don't people just say thanks but no thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sometimes that is easier than maybe facing a potential backlash... as an internet user you just have to shrug your shoulders and move on.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Because experience has taught them that if they do that, they get loads of abuse, so rather than read all the tripe, they block. It's one of the reasons Fab provides a block button.

By *ocksoff3Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Could be any number of reasons but the most likely one is 'time waster' with no real interest in actually meeting

warrington

Yeah I can understand the backlash from some people.

And the time waster does seem about right.

But I don't understand why people don't have the decency to just say no thank you. If both parties are genuine there would be a backlash

I find the best way to think of it as a single guy here is that every communication is a bonus. I get where you are coming from though

Some people are just immature.

warrington

Yeah I'm starting to realise that now and I've not been on here that long

"Because experience has taught them that if they do that, they get loads of abuse, so rather than read all the tripe, they block. It's one of the reasons Fab provides a block button. "

Lol..good response..fab needs a like button

I laugh at the one's where you're blocked and you've never even messaged them or even had a chance to upset em.

Blocked by proxy is another good one

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I laugh at the one's where you're blocked and you've never even messaged them or even had a chance to upset em.

Blocked by proxy is another good one "

Why did Proxy block you?

"I laugh at the one's where you're blocked and you've never even messaged them or even had a chance to upset em.

Why did Proxy block you? "

Been blocked by hearsay as well

Because some people can't take rejection very well and then send whiney messages for ages after. Then pop back up a few days later and start asking for a meet again.

Not saying you would do this OP but the block button is a convenient way to stop this.

Or they could have just been a cock tease who get a kick out of it.

[Removed by poster at 23/11/14 09:01:25]

warrington

"Because some people can't take rejection very well and then send whiney messages for ages after. Then pop back up a few days later and start asking for a meet again.

Not saying you would do this OP but the block button is a convenient way to stop this.

Or they could have just been a cock tease who get a kick out of it. "

No I can understand why people do it, and to be fair I'm not against it. Just don't understand why at times.

But yeah. I think the tease part and getting a kick out of it could be another reason.

But then again it might be a genuine reason aswell.

Some things we will never know.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Someone mentioned time waster as the most common reason - couldn't disagree more. The general reason is that it's the easiest way to move on and save any hassle. It's a fab tradition and also no reply should be taken to mean there's no current interest.

We all have different life commitments and inbox load levels. It's wise to assume that just managing the potential meets someone may have is a big enough job.

For the majority of users with heavy inbox loads, most senders won't meet their needs.

This site is generally about no strings fun. This more casual approach is particularly relevant when you haven't met, so it's wise to not form needy expectations for random people that you don't know.

Others perfect shag is probably not going to be you, as much as you'd wish the opposite.

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

the block button isnt a weapon, it is a tool, the site provides various tools including filters, the block button is another filter used to filter out those that the original filters dont, grow a thicker skin, and stop thinking of it as a weapon against you, concentrate on the profiles you can contact.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I just wish that if you block someone you blocked out their postings on threads as well

"why is it that when you have been chatting to someone for a few weeks and it's going well, then you go to view there profile and find out you've been blocked.

Why don't people just say thanks but no thanks"

I couldn't agree more. It's just happened to me. Been chatting for just over a week, became "friends" and arranged a meet. Even sent me a message earlier this morning. I could name and shame if i thought it would do any good or is that not allowed ?

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Quite a few on my block list got put there for the unbelievably horrible forum posts they made. Pre-emptive blocking can come in handy.

Ah yeah there's lots of those! Every now and then I'll go in and take a peek at a profile of someone I've never spoken to or messaged and I'm already blocked. All part of the fun of Fab!

I'm sure there are loads that have blocked that I'm yet to look into their profile.

I'm upfront about my status on my profile so people CAN block if they so wish, saves wasting both my time and theirs and is actually a useful tool for both parties

the block button isnt a weapon, it is a tool, the site provides various tools including filters, the block button is another filter used to filter out those that the original filters dont, grow a thicker skin, and stop thinking of it as a weapon against you, concentrate on the profiles you can contact."

Thank you for those wise words of wisdom, I was making an observation not having a moan and my shoulders are broad and my skin is smooth which makes it alot easier

sunderland

Certainly comes across as a moan, thats why I offered advice, no need for the sarcasm.

By *ocksoff3Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Certainly comes across as a moan, thats why I offered advice, no need for the sarcasm."

Maybe you should block him

sunderland

"Certainly comes across as a moan, thats why I offered advice, no need for the sarcasm.

Maybe you should block him "

does it matter why they blocked you, get up off ya ass and move on

warrington

Oh I have done.

Just didn't understand the reason, but never mind.

What's done is done and no harm is caused to anyone

I found a load of people on my blocked list yesterday despite the fact that I have never blocked anyone, so not sure how that has happened must have been clicking on the wrong button at some point. So it may not be intentional.

» Add a new message to this topic