FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS?

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Love Christmas so love xmas decorations.

My gf n I like traditional decorations n trees lots of reds greens n golds multi coloured lights,wreaths on the front door,pressies wrapped in colourful wrapping under the tree etc.

Not a big fan of white trees,or decorations in silver,black n white you see in the shops,yuk.

oh n nothing goes up in our house till the 12th of December.

How do you decorate your house?

oh if ya hate xmas don't comment

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *all-Eddies QosCouple  over a year ago

wirral

Ssshhhh toooooo early....2 more weeks please

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

Our plan is to build a collection of tree ornaments over the years that we're together. Each year we will buy one lovely ornament so our tree will look like a beautiful, jumble of colour. Probably look very empty right now though, this is our first Christmas living together

"Ssshhhh toooooo early....2 more weeks please"

lol noooooooooooo its not too early to buy decorations for the house,thers not much shopping time left ya know

By *oxy-blonde-vixenWoman  over a year ago

Peterborough

I am so fussy when it comes to my tree and decorations it drives my partner mad lol

Last year I took the tree apart 4 times because I wasn't happy with it lol

D x

"Our plan is to build a collection of tree ornaments over the years that we're together. Each year we will buy one lovely ornament so our tree will look like a beautiful, jumble of colour. Probably look very empty right now though, this is our first Christmas living together "

awe how sweet,hope ya have a fabulous one.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I dont put them up due to my shitty flat.

When I get a decent place I will as I owe it to my Daughter. I do owe it now but no, it's a shitty, tiny shoe box of a place

"I dont put them up due to my shitty flat.

When I get a decent place I will as I owe it to my Daughter. I do owe it now but no, it's a shitty, tiny shoe box of a place"

no excuse,,,at least wear a ridiculous xmas jumper

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Cancelled Xmas this year, but normally the tree is real, and many of the decorations are made by me. And all outside trees are festooned with lights too.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"I dont put them up due to my shitty flat.

When I get a decent place I will as I owe it to my Daughter. I do owe it now but no, it's a shitty, tiny shoe box of a place

no excuse,,,at least wear a ridiculous xmas jumper "

I do that bit, it'll often do it in August for shits and giggles.

I get the shits bit but sadly not the latter

wirral

I let my kids decorate the tree...usually looks like someone vomited tinsel all over it

By *luezuluMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

BAH HUMBUG

I dont decorate as my kids have grown up so seems pointless now, I don't hate Christmas but I don't think it feels the same without small children in the house

"Cancelled Xmas this year, but normally the tree is real, and many of the decorations are made by me. And all outside trees are festooned with lights too. "

im an artist so ive made plenty stuff over the years mainly decorations as pressies etc,this year hopefully if ive time I,ll make an angel that looks like me for the top of the tree

"I dont decorate as my kids have grown up so seems pointless now, I don't hate Christmas but I don't think it feels the same without small children in the house"

what a shame,,bring YOUR inner kid out n have fun.

"I let my kids decorate the tree...usually looks like someone vomited tinsel all over it "

i was the same but isn't that what Christmas is about for us none religious folks

i love to see a messed up tree kids have done rather than mums perfect display

I've gone for white last year and the Christmas tree is a nightmare to put together it's too big

By *lttattoocoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Our plan is to build a collection of tree ornaments over the years that we're together. Each year we will buy one lovely ornament so our tree will look like a beautiful, jumble of colour. Probably look very empty right now though, this is our first Christmas living together "

That's exactly what we started I love it our children get to pick one each too, started 3 years ago so not many yet. But with lots of baubles and lights it looks great

We have a tree and that's about it. It's decorated with all the stuff the children made at school but it's lovely when we're putting it up as the memories come back. It will go up the Saturday before Christmas so that'll be 20th this year.

By *wosWoman  over a year ago

east london

I love all my fireplace decorations .. wooden reindeer n such would quite happily not pay out a fortune for a real tree , but there'd be a riot

By *exine xCouple  over a year ago

Leicester

It normally takes 3/4 hrs to do the tree.

It's done in all different gold and pink decorations. They start small at the top and getting bigger as you go down the tree.

The other year though I did it and when we turned the lights on it looked like a sun bed shop. I had put the 2 sets of lights on which belong to the outside of the house.

Grrrr had to start all over again.

wirral

Christmas didn't originate from christ it was happening long before he was (allegedly) about

I tell my kids its about family,food and films...and if you are very lucky, presents.

We aren't even having it on the 25th this year as o.h is working nights, so I'm going to my aunties (more like me ma) for dinner then having presents on boxing day....

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

My house turns into a tacky santas grotto - tat, tinsel, flashy lights, baubles, glitter... its a migraine sufferer's ultimate nightmare.

My decs are going up on the first weekend in december this year as my weeman will be away from late dec 22 - 30th with his dad. We'll do our xmas day and early santa on the 22nd. Giddy with excitement here for it!

We have a nicely decorated tree with matching wrapping paper. Traditional red and gold plus tree chocolates. A few festive candles and a singing Santa for the children. Plus a garland for the door. When I was married I had outdoor lights for my front garden

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

I live in one room and will be on my own, so not a huge point in decorating lol

However, to get in the spirit I will hang my strap-on on the wall and hang some lametta off it, and will wear my Sexy Santa outfit for the day (even when watching Big Liz's speech!) - jobs a good'un

By *oudnproudWoman  over a year ago

penrith

Our tree belongs to my son.. he gets two new decs each year.. one from me,one from his nan.

All i put on it is the coloured lights,red and gold beads and my nans angel on the top.

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"Our plan is to build a collection of tree ornaments over the years that we're together. Each year we will buy one lovely ornament so our tree will look like a beautiful, jumble of colour. Probably look very empty right now though, this is our first Christmas living together

That's exactly what we started I love it our children get to pick one each too, started 3 years ago so not many yet. But with lots of baubles and lights it looks great "

My sprogs and I all choose a new decoration for the tree every year, so it's gradually becoming more mismatched

My middle daughter decorates like you. I just chooses somethings to match my decor now. And nothing on the ceiling

"Our plan is to build a collection of tree ornaments over the years that we're together. Each year we will buy one lovely ornament so our tree will look like a beautiful, jumble of colour. Probably look very empty right now though, this is our first Christmas living together

That's exactly what we started I love it our children get to pick one each too, started 3 years ago so not many yet. But with lots of baubles and lights it looks great

My sprogs and I all choose a new decoration for the tree every year, so it's gradually becoming more mismatched "

thats how I do it too, the kids pick new ones every year, Christmas needs to be full of happy memories

Hoping after this year to have an eclectic collection of baubles, having a Christmas tree at our wedding reception a couple of days before Xmas and have asked all the quests to bring a bauble to help us decorate it.

Have always had all coordinated in the past so looking forward to them meaning something to us both in the future

Our tree has evolved from when my eldest was born. Each year they chose a new tree decoration or hand made in school , I class our tree as a happy tree has no theme just memories. Now some of the kids have kids of their own they do the same.

By *rsIdiotWoman  over a year ago

Bedworth

"Hoping after this year to have an eclectic collection of baubles, having a Christmas tree at our wedding reception a couple of days before Xmas and have asked all the quests to bring a bauble to help us decorate it.

Have always had all coordinated in the past so looking forward to them meaning something to us both in the future "

What a lovely idea!

My tree is a mish mash of colour. I do buy a new decoration for it every year. There are home made decorations that the kids made, my angel on the top is made out of paper that my eldest made when he was 2, I also have a cone with glitter that my youngest son made. A bauble with a photo of my lovely springer spaniel who died last year was added last year.

I'm not an accessory matching type of person anyway, I dont think about colour matching, I just like brought colours. I don't like tinsel and would never have ceiling decorations, or the absolute worst, blow up decorations or light up reindeers on windows etc

"I am so fussy when it comes to my tree and decorations it drives my partner mad lol

Last year I took the tree apart 4 times because I wasn't happy with it lol

D x"

I did the exact same thing last year! I actually ended up driving to the 24 hr asda at 2am to buy new lights n bits n bobs as I hated the tree so much I couldn't sleep lol x

**bright colours**

My decorations go up on 1st December or usually the closest Sunday to it. I'm afraid I have a white tree with brilliant White lights and silver decorations including my fav disco balls.

I also decorate my dining room table then too and it stays up for the whole Xmas period usually with a rather big flashy centrepiece

It's me and Hubby's First Christmas together. Ordered a Black Christmas Tree and loads of Traditional Designer Tree decorations. Plus special engraved one as its out first one. All excited Planning started last weekend.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I've never decorated for Christmas before. I might this year although it will be minimalist rather than full on madness.

I'd like a tree if I can afford to buy enough decent decorations outright.

I'd prefer a real tree but I'm allergic to them so I'm thinking artificial may be more sensible. I may risk it though.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I'm making most of the presents I'm giving.

I could make some tree decorations too, if I have time. The course I just started is taking up most of my time and energy so far.

This is our 15th Christmas together and have decorated every year.

Got to get all new decorations this year though as got them from cellar and they gone damp and moldy

My tree will go up on the 1 st of december and I have all black and white themed this year , the kitchen and conservatory gets decorated too.We need new lights for outdoors so on the look out these next few days whilst out shopping.

I would love a house like the Griswolds one just one huge lit up christmas and of course dont forget the egg nog

All my decorations arrived expect the Santa hats for the dining table chairs. Can't wait to put the personalised glass tree hangings with our names on it. Gonna be a memorable one.

I call our tree a happy tree, has no theme other than ever since my eldest was born and all the other kidd weve always got a new dec for it. Its full of memories. Even have decs on there they made when they were little. Every year we make crackers to go on all family trees, a tradition thats passed onto my grandkids now xx

By *ittykate84Woman  over a year ago

CHESTER

Tree will be going up this weekend I think.. I have the traditional red & gold theme.. Got some cute decorations not just baubles that go up and I love having little stockings hanging up on the walls etc

I have a fireplace this year so I may get a wreathe for the mantle

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I usually have two colours I stick to. This year it's silver and blue as that will compliment the decor in my lounge.

tree went up last sùnday.. pre lit 6ft green thing. my decs have been bright pinks purples blues n silver. got glitzy snowflakes, mirror balls, its all modern and vibrant .

love it

We have a tree (real) and a garland that goes round the fireplace, years ago we used to decorate the walls and ceiling, but just got too lazy over the years, I do love Christmas but I've seen some shocking sights the past week when people have thrown up lights everywhere and not even tried to co-ordinate.

I buy a new decoration for the tree every year , I have decorations that belonged to my grandparents (little bauble soldiers) and my parents. My Mum had kept the foil bells with tinsel I made when I was about six. She put them on the tree every year and I do too now. I have the decorations my children have made too, it all goes on. They decorate the tree, nothing matches. One of my favourite Christmas activities, watching and helping them do the tree. Brings back so many memories and I love it ! We alternate between an angel or star on the top and that's the final item placed on it! It won't go up until at least the 14th though, we always have an advent candle that we light daily .

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

We do the twelfth night rule.

Real tree, hand made wooden ornaments that my grandfather and myself made when I was young, red ribbon, candles in glass balls. I am taking my daughter to a wood turner that is going to show her how to start turning her memories into ornaments at the weekend.

» Add a new message to this topic