FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Camerons latest policy to remove peoples right to a council home for life.

Camerons latest policy to remove peoples right to a council home for life.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illwill69u OP   Man  over a year ago

moston

I would like to start this thread by quoting part of an earlier thread, it is a post of Wishys in answer to a previous post of mine in the "Cameron and Osborne caught massaging figures and misleading parliament already" thread of 4 weeks ago. (Please forgive my quoting the full post but I don't want to be accused of quoting out of context.

"I said:

"just a few points I would like to clear up.

1/ spending money on public works (hospitals, schools, roads and the like) stimulates the private sector and creates private sector jobs. that is of course provided contracts are given to UK companies. Conversely cutting investment in the public sector has the opposite effect on the private sector. this same rule applies to the armed forces too. that is why a Siege economy is so strong. If you want a perfect example of a modern siege economy look at china. Of course we will not use this method to sort out our economic problems because it leads to a surfeit of jobs and then workers can demand better pay and conditions which cuts the profits of the super rich (they are the ones who own the Tory politicians)."

Wishy said:

A siege economy is all well and good in principal but China has a population of 1.3bn and if it didn't pursue such a drastic plan of action it would soon find itself entrenched in another revolution. We don't have anywhere near that number of people and unemployment in this country is still only 2.5m - a mere 4% of our total population. There are enough people wroking and paying tax to sustain our fragile economy as long as the currect peasures are taken now - and a siege economy should be our last resort. Cutting unneccessary expenditure should be the first measure to take and cutting out waste should go hand in hand with that. If it is then discovered that further measures are needed then there are other areas to look at before blanket austerity measures are required. Simply creating jobs that aren't there is a false economy because sooner or later these 'ghost' employees will be made redundant which means redundancy payments, increased unemployment figures and additional burden on the state for support. Plus, not all of these 'ghost' workers will be in low paid jobs, some wiull be in higher management with nice fat public pensions that Joe Public has to foot the bill for.

I said:

2/ The ridiculous increase in management and admin in the NHS is another legacy of the last Tory government. By making trusts and having them compete in an internal market with private companies also being able to bid for work, they added layers of management and ensured that where one regional department had been able to manage each medical specialty we now have a system where each trust has to have its own set of bean counters. Of course Wishy will say thats not true and even if it was its in the past and its all down to my fixation on Thatcher!

Wishy Said:

I would very much appreciate it if you didn't put words into my mouth, I am quite capable of speaking my own mind.

Your arguments are always weighted and never impartial - nor abject, as you stated earlier on this thread.

I said:

3/ The first thing the Tories did on gaining power is to effectively introduce the same system to our education system. I just wonder how that will develop over the years, Oh I know, just like the NHS

Again I am sure that Wishy will say that there is no proof that this will happen."

Wishy said:

Ditto to my above comment.

I said:

4/ The comment about New Labour not being for the worker is in my view true, however compared to the ultra right wing anti all but the super rich Tories it is Utopian in its outlook."

Wishy said:

Millions of British voters would disagree with you there. And we're not all super-rich.

The coalition has already begun demonstrating to the general public, who placed their trust in them, that their trust was not misplaced. The rich are being hit just as hard as the poor, although I concede that the poor feel it more keenly.

I said:

" The real shame is that the majority of the British people seem to be blind to exactly how fascist our country has become. Fact is we have come by degrees to live in a police state, and shortly we will either have starving homeless on all our streets or slave Labour camps (although they will not be called that) for those made destitute by this present lot of Tory thieves. Not sure how Wishy will deny what I have said here, maybe he will just deny it."

Wishy said:

You really have lost the plot if you seriously believe the things you've stated above. If you had any credence as a political commentator before then I'm afraid you've just lost it and are up there on the same platform as David Icke!

"

I said:

Finally Wishy said "If 175,000 jobs will not be lost because the OBR has found a way to save them then where is there fault to be found in saving someone's livelihood?"

One question for Wishy, how does reducing the civil service input figures till you get the result you want save jobs?"

Wishy said:

I'll tell you what. Why don't you post a link to the OBR detailed research into how they came up with the reduced forecast? Let's see what kind of spin you are putting on this issue or if you are simply clutching at straws for any argument that proves your idealogy that the Tories are sitting in Whitehall doing nothing else but plotting how they can come round your house and strip you of everything you own. How about it eh? Let's have some quantifiable FACTS.

...And again, please don't put words into my mouth. A non-partisan argument would be much more preferable."

Now I would like to draw attention to one one part in particular:

"Wishy said:

You really have lost the plot if you seriously believe the things you've stated above. If you had any credence as a political commentator before then I'm afraid you've just lost it and are up there on the same platform as David Icke!

"

Now I must admit to some surprise as to the speed and the hand fisted way Cameron has started the campaign to convince us all that it is in our interest to do away with council housing. I just wonder if Wishy still thinks I have lost the plot, if he will agree with me that this government needs to be stopped now before it makes millions destitute.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I would like to start this thread by quoting part of an earlier thread, it is a post of Wishys in answer to a previous post of mine in the "Cameron and Osborne caught massaging figures and misleading parliament already" thread of 4 weeks ago. (Please forgive my quoting the full post but I don't want to be accused of quoting out of context.

I said:

1/ spending money on public works (hospitals, schools, roads and the like) stimulates the private sector and creates private sector jobs. that is of course provided contracts are given to UK companies. Conversely cutting investment in the public sector has the opposite effect on the private sector. this same rule applies to the armed forces too. that is why a Siege economy is so strong. If you want a perfect example of a modern siege economy look at china. Of course we will not use this method to sort out our economic problems because it leads to a surfeit of jobs and then workers can demand better pay and conditions which cuts the profits of the super rich (they are the ones who own the Tory politicians)."

Wishy said:

A siege economy is all well and good in principal but China has a population of 1.3bn and if it didn't pursue such a drastic plan of action it would soon find itself entrenched in another revolution. We don't have anywhere near that number of people and unemployment in this country is still only 2.5m - a mere 4% of our total population. There are enough people wroking and paying tax to sustain our fragile economy as long as the currect peasures are taken now - and a siege economy should be our last resort. Cutting unneccessary expenditure should be the first measure to take and cutting out waste should go hand in hand with that. If it is then discovered that further measures are needed then there are other areas to look at before blanket austerity measures are required. Simply creating jobs that aren't there is a false economy because sooner or later these 'ghost' employees will be made redundant which means redundancy payments, increased unemployment figures and additional burden on the state for support. Plus, not all of these 'ghost' workers will be in low paid jobs, some wiull be in higher management with nice fat public pensions that Joe Public has to foot the bill for.

I said:

2/ The ridiculous increase in management and admin in the NHS is another legacy of the last Tory government. By making trusts and having them compete in an internal market with private companies also being able to bid for work, they added layers of management and ensured that where one regional department had been able to manage each medical specialty we now have a system where each trust has to have its own set of bean counters. Of course Wishy will say thats not true and even if it was its in the past and its all down to my fixation on Thatcher!

Wishy Said:

I would very much appreciate it if you didn't put words into my mouth, I am quite capable of speaking my own mind.

Your arguments are always weighted and never impartial - nor abject, as you stated earlier on this thread.

I said:

3/ The first thing the Tories did on gaining power is to effectively introduce the same system to our education system. I just wonder how that will develop over the years, Oh I know, just like the NHS

Again I am sure that Wishy will say that there is no proof that this will happen."

Wishy said:

I said:

4/ The comment about New Labour not being for the worker is in my view true, however compared to the ultra right wing anti all but the super rich Tories it is Utopian in its outlook."

Wishy said:

Millions of British voters would disagree with you there. And we're not all super-rich.

The coalition has already begun demonstrating to the general public, who placed their trust in them, that their trust was not misplaced. The rich are being hit just as hard as the poor, although I concede that the poor feel it more keenly.

I said:

" The real shame is that the majority of the British people seem to be blind to exactly how fascist our country has become. Fact is we have come by degrees to live in a police state, and shortly we will either have starving homeless on all our streets or slave Labour camps (although they will not be called that) for those made destitute by this present lot of Tory thieves. Not sure how Wishy will deny what I have said here, maybe he will just deny it."

Wishy said:

"

I said:

Finally Wishy said "If 175,000 jobs will not be lost because the OBR has found a way to save them then where is there fault to be found in saving someone's livelihood?"

One question for Wishy, how does reducing the civil service input figures till you get the result you want save jobs?"

Wishy said:

I'll tell you what. Why don't you post a link to the OBR detailed research into how they came up with the reduced forecast? Let's see what kind of spin you are putting on this issue or if you are simply clutching at straws for any argument that proves your idealogy that the Tories are sitting in Whitehall doing nothing else but plotting how they can come round your house and strip you of everything you own. How about it eh? Let's have some quantifiable FACTS.

...And again, please don't put words into my mouth. A non-partisan argument would be much more preferable. Now I would like to draw attention to one one part in particular:

Wishy said:

Now I must admit to some surprise as to the speed and the hand fisted way Cameron has started the campaign to convince us all that it is in our interest to do away with council housing. I just wonder if Wishy still thinks I have lost the plot, if he will agree with me that this government needs to be stopped now before it makes millions destitute."

how to kill a forum post in one easty step ?????

The Prime Minister said the Government may introduce “fixed period” tenancies to ensure new social housing tenants can be evicted if their circumstances improve.

People who are given council houses are currently awarded an indefinite “secure tenancy” if they successfully complete a 12-month trial tenancy.

Mr Cameron said the current rules meant that people in more severe need of housing were being kept on council waiting lists while some tenants’ situations got better.

“At the moment we have a system very much where, if you get a council house or an affordable house, it is yours forever … And actually it ought to be about need,” Mr Cameron told a public forum in Birmingham.

His comments came in response to a mother of two teenagers, who told him she slept on a blow-up bed for two years because her council could not find her a bigger house.

“Your need has got greater,” Mr Cameron told her, “and yet there isn’t really the opportunity to move.

This was taken from a google news report

All i can actually see is its a way of councils dealing with problem tenants and also single people living in multiple occupancy housing

People can still rent in the private sector you know

Does anyone seriously suggest that all we do is build more taxpayer funded houses??

There is a real risk at the moment that because of the last few years recession and the undeniable fact that under the last labour govt everything costs more so my customer base has dwindled as have a lot of gas fitters and suppliers

That i will eventually loose my home that i have worked hard for

So may myself end up in private rented houses

There are always two sides to every coin you know

"I would like to start this thread by quoting part of an earlier thread, it is a post of Wishys in answer to a previous post of mine in the "Cameron and Osborne caught massaging figures and misleading parliament already" thread of 4 weeks ago. (Please forgive my quoting the full post but I don't want to be accused of quoting out of context.

I said:

Wishy said:

I said:

Wishy Said:

I said:

Wishy said:

I said:

Wishy said:

I said:

Wishy said:

"

I said:

Wishy said:

...And again, please don't put words into my mouth. A non-partisan argument would be much more preferable. Now I would like to draw attention to one one part in particular:

Wishy said:

Now I must admit to some surprise as to the speed and the hand fisted way Cameron has started the campaign to convince us all that it is in our interest to do away with council housing. I just wonder if Wishy still thinks I have lost the plot, if he will agree with me that this government needs to be stopped now before it makes millions destitute."

It is not camerans fault but mine yours and everybody who is part of the public. We spend spend spend on things we don't need don't have the money for. Change the behaviours of the public attitude to what money is worth and u may relax about the government causing problems

i think it is high time to change how society is considered. two thousand years have passed.

Or maybe that is the point. Society can't be perfect.

Just like good or bad, u can't have one without the other.

By *ansue35Couple  over a year ago

yorkshire

I think, they may find that it will only spply to people that can afford a house. Not those who can afford the rent but not the morgage or should i say getting one.

We have to get out of this the state will always have answer and can afford to pay for me. Way of thinking.

yes its sad if you have someone that has lived in a council house for 20 years and the kids move out so they need less space.

But we need to use the money and all other state aided funds to help the less well. What is the point of a family of six living in a rented flat that should fit three people. When round the corner you have a five bedroomed house that one person is living in.

If it helps the country and the end result a better way of living then I am sure most people will support it.

Ian and Sue

Sorry for any spelling mistakes. sue a sleep so can't spell check LOL

firstly, let's not forget this is a coalition government so the liberals shoulder some of the responsibility here too.

personally i see nothing morally wrong with the suggestion that tenancies be subject to review. people's circumstances change all the time. why should people in need be told they have years to wait before a house becomes available having walked past or through the council estate and seen all the bmw's, jaguars etc parked outside.

good on the government for trying to do something to help the more needy in nts society

By *averiMan  over a year ago

Swindon to bristol

[Removed by poster at 04/08/10 08:10:45]

By *erekduvallCouple  over a year ago

swansea

Its so easy to pick faults and critcize when you have a job, and home, whatever, bought or rented, but life has a strange habit of throwing its toys out of the pram and putting obstacles in our way, illness redunancy etc.

It could happen to anyone of us at anytime.

No matter what the subject is, any radical thinking or proposals will be greeted with disdain by the masses.

We have a major housing problem in this country, which is added to by an ever increasing population, unemployment, and "fuck you" attitudes by people who think the state owes them.

The sell off of our social housing in the 70's and 80's was always going to be one of the causes of what we are now experiencing.

There are a number of things that can be done to go a long way to sorting the mess out.

People currently in a council house have a permanent tenancy agreement as long as they meet the terms and conditions of that agreement, and this cannot and will not be evoked. So as long as your granny pays her rent, she will be ok.

A major issue is single tennants in a 3 and 4 bedroom house, or the 16yr old girl, getting pregnant and getting a flat, then getting pregnant again and getting a house.

These are just off the top of my head examples that are adding to the housing shortage. I'm not a politition and don't profess to know the answers, but we shouldn't automatically attack the polititions who have to sort this out.

I agree with it, it's not about letting someone have a council house for ten years then kicking them out if they still have a genuine need, it's about re assessing their situation and moving them to accommodation that better suits their circumstances.

Ok, it will happen where someone is in a council house and could easily afford private rent or a mortgage because they found a good job etc.

There is someone on this site that is in a four bed council house, there is only her and her daughter. What's the point in that? She had actually gone to the council herself though and asked for a swap to something smaller.

Maybe if people had fixed term tenancies it would encourage the people that are the trouble makers on estates to calm down as the council could use that against them when deciding to renew. Easier than getting them evicted no doubt.

S.

moston

"firstly, let's not forget this is a coalition government so the liberals shoulder some of the responsibility here too.

personally i see nothing morally wrong with the suggestion that tenancies be subject to review. people's circumstances change all the time. why should people in need be told they have years to wait before a house becomes available having walked past or through the council estate and seen all the bmw's, jaguars etc parked outside.

good on the government for trying to do something to help the more needy in nts society"

You being a Scott really surprise me.

I guess that as the idea of putting everyone into housing owned by private landlords is OK with you. I also take it you have no issue with the highland clearances of the 18th and 19th centuries or with the tenements in Glasgow and Edinburgh and every other UK city that survived up till the late 60's. As for your comment about people in need, surly the answer is to increase the council housing stock.

As for the other comments by the pro Tory lobby, I will point out that those who have the income to do it are able to buy their council house (one of Thatchers ideas) so the only people who will be getting evicted are those who cant afford to buy. I will also point out that the reason that we used to have so many council houses was because of the disgraceful behavior of landlords like Peter Rachman (look him up if you dont know his name) after the Tories past the rent act in the mid 50's.

By *ollie_JCouple  over a year ago

London

The sticking point will be the succession of a tenancy

Naturally it makes sense that it should pass to the spouse of a deceased person

However the succession also can go to a family member who has lived in the house for 12 months previously

This naturally can be abused and the therefore the housing stock is not in effect a communal stock but a family owned" property..

Anybody got any better ideas?

as i've often said, i am not a scot but have been proud tun have lived up here for past 10 years or so and to have been accepted into the farming communities in which i have lived.

i have been jobless for 2 years and living off my savings because the state tells me i'm not entitled to any help. if i still have no paid work within next few months then i face losing my house.

why build more new housing stock just so we can keep people in council houses who can, where their circumstances have changed, afford to sent privately thus freeing up a house for someone who needs it?

have no idea why the highland clearances have any relevance to the Government's decision any more than alexander the great's incursions into persia?

having had to deal with a lot of tenancy issues through my work here i can happily say with hand on heart that i have no problems with registered private land lords. again i don't see what relevance there is to being historical about the issue?

History shows that a large percentage of ex council houses are now in the hands of private landlords. Many of them are charging a higher rent than the council did previously. Many people are finding that the low amount of council held housing stock means the waiting lists are even longer.

In general its had a detrimental effect on the young and the less well of getting a house for an acceptable monthly rent.

i myself dont really have a problem with bringing in this policy , i have friends who are living in council homes far too large for their needs as well as one of my friends who has 4 teenage children in a 2 bed home and it is very cramped . i was on the waiting list for 3 years and eventually got fed up of waiting i had been living with my son at my parents house and it was very cramped. I have been living in private rented for 4 years now and i have a longterm tenancy and have a much nicer house in a nicer area , yes i have to pay slightly more but i think its worth it the council help with bonds so for me private renting has been a god send

Don't forget about all the other influences that will have a bearing on these "policies".

Immigration, Equality, Human Rights, Political Correctness, etc etc

IN MY local area we have a issue at present with 2 streets of council houses bar 3 or 4 being private rented out , the council are wanting to knock then down and build less homes on a scheme supposidly for people who find it difficult to get on the housing ladder , i personally think they would be better regenerating the homes it has caused a riot in the local area as we have such a long waiting list and we have 40 ish homes sat rotting along with all the new builds that are sat empty

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

will... I am going to surprise you here....

I don't have a problem with this actually....

for example, if you lived in a council house and you won the lottery.... why should you basically still have that tenancy for life?

so if your circumstances get better why should the situation with regards to your tenancy not change?

obviously the simple answer would have been to use the money from the original "scheme" and ploughed back into building new housing stock but that ship has long sailed....

so council houses should go to those in most need...... and if this helps that then I don't see why people would have a problem with it....

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Camera On is so focused on this “Big Society” plan, maybe it's time we all sent out invites to those that may find themselves homeless

"

I stated on a previous thread that I had no wish to debate with you any further as eventually you will resort to abuse and I just can't be arsed tbh.

Cameron may be right or he may be wrong, only time will tell, but there are millions already facing a very bleak future because of the policies of the previous government so if vast swathes of the population are to become destitute of the next couple of years it will NOT be down to the fact that they can't get a house as people ALWAYS find somewhere to live.

This is my last post on this thread as, like I said above, I just can't be bothered to 'debate' with you anymore.

You will also find that a lot of people who bought their council house, moved into private rental, lived "the life" for a few years and are back on the list for another free ride.

I know a guy who bought his granny's house for around £20k in a seaside village in Cornwall. When she died, he sold it £250k, then he moans about locals not being able to get local housing

Whats next? if you own a five bedroom property and you're kids have flown the nest you must sell?

If you earn 30K plus you must not drive a car over 3 years old?

Amazed by some responses on here, my grandmother lives in a council house, she's paid her rent for a good 60 years which has probably paid for the house many times over, but hey, we'll chuck her out so we can house a family on benefits, and don't say it wouldn't happen because we all know it will.

The original concept of authority housing was to provide affordable homes for people who could not afford to get a mortgage,for various reasons.

It was a big mistake to sell off authority housing,if the tenants could afford the mortgage for one they shouldn't have been in one in the first place.

All that's happened now is that all the housing in nice areas has been snapped up and resold, leaving ghettos and "no go areas" on estates that nobody wants.

The government of the day created the present affordable housing shortage!

XXXX

"............

Amazed by some responses on here, my grandmother lives in a council house, she's paid her rent for a good 60 years which has probably paid for the house many times over, but hey, we'll chuck her out so we can house a family on benefits, and don't say it wouldn't happen because we all know it will."

Even the Tories aren't daft enought to try to make this retrospective. It'll only apply to future tenancies IF their Fid Dem lap dogs survive the party conference season (looking increasingly unlikely).

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

"

Now I must admit to some surprise as to the speed and the hand fisted way Cameron has started the campaign to convince us all that it is in our interest to do away with council housing. I just wonder if Wishy still thinks I have lost the plot, if he will agree with me that this government needs to be stopped now before it makes millions destitute.

I stated on a previous thread that I had no wish to debate with you any further as eventually you will resort to abuse and I just can't be arsed tbh.

Cameron may be right or he may be wrong, only time will tell, but there are millions already facing a very bleak future because of the policies of the previous government so if vast swathes of the population are to become destitute of the next couple of years it will NOT be down to the fact that they can't get a house as people ALWAYS find somewhere to live.

This is my last post on this thread as, like I said above, I just can't be bothered to 'debate' with you anymore."

i think you make a very valid point there

some people want to grind and grind and grind

they will bring up things you said 35 years ago and grind and grind some more

its probably got a medical name , something like

compulsive obsesive disorder

instead of a few mates in the pub talking about a few matters of a political nature and enjoying the cut and thrust , one of them slopes off and returns with copies of hansard going back 48 years !

i cant be arsed with that either

as with any policy brought in by any government this will be open to abuse.

while in principal moving people out of innapropriate housing to make way for people which need it is a good idea please remember these are peoples homes! would you agree that parents should be forced to force their children to find alternative accommadation when they get a job and can afford to pay rent? its the same principle.

moston

"

This is my last post on this thread as, like I said above, I just can't be bothered to 'debate' with you anymore.

i think you make a very valid point there

some people want to grind and grind and grind

they will bring up things you said 35 years ago and grind and grind some more

its probably got a medical name , something like

compulsive obsesive disorder

instead of a few mates in the pub talking about a few matters of a political nature and enjoying the cut and thrust , one of them slopes off and returns with copies of hansard going back 48 years !

i cant be arsed with that either "

Well there we have it, I quote what I said 3 weeks ago that was treated with derision, I had lost the plot, and nothing like that would ever happen, now Wishy "cant be "arsed" to answer me. But at least he can now see the writing on the Tory wall, however when as a direct result of the policies that they are implementing we have millions destitute it will not be the fault of the Tories, because Wishy and the Tories say so!

Then we get _uton_couple (are you in the UK at the moment?) who live in Spain for part of the year and complain about the Muslims where they live in Luton and their fear of going out agreeing with Wishy.

Question to l_c, am I correct in thinking you own or have owned an ex council house? And if so how do you justify having lined your pockets at the expense of those less fortunate than yourself?

TAV said:

"Even the Tories aren't daft enought to try to make this retrospective. It'll only apply to future tenancies IF their Fid Dem lap dogs survive the party conference season (looking increasingly unlikely)."

Haven't you (and others) picked up on the fact that by the time the libdems decide to break away from "call me dave" that the Tories will be in office till May 2015, with no way of removing them short of murder or revolution? And before anyone tells me I am wrong remember that under the fixed term legislation being drawn up and going through parliament at the moment at least 55% of parliament must vote down a government and that is 358 votes required and even if every non Tory votes them down its still not enough!

Stu said:

"i have been jobless for 2 years and living off my savings because the state tells me i'm not entitled to any help. if i still have no paid work within next few months then i face losing my house.

why build more new housing stock just so we can keep people in council houses who can, where their circumstances have changed, afford to sent privately thus freeing up a house for someone who needs it?

have no idea why the highland clearances have any relevance to the Government's decision any more than alexander the great's incursions into persia?"

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties and I hope that you do not loose your home.

However in answer to your question about why we should build more council homes, there are at least 2 overriding reasons why we should build.

1. To protect venerable people from unscrupulous private landlords, and supply good quality well maintained affordable housing to those that require it (maybe you soon).

2. To employ 100s of thousands building homes, making and supplying the materials required and in that way to reduce unemployment.

As for the highland clearances and rachmanism, they were both the result of Tory policy in regard to private rented property and making profit! If you do not believe me do some reading about the highland clearances and the subsequent seeding of Ireland with the destitute Scots, the pale laws that were passed in order to placate the Scots in Ireland and follow the time-line of cause and effect forward to today. Then look up the 1956/7 Tory Rent Act and its results in rachmanism, then compare that to what Thatcher did in the 80s and what this shit is now proposing. It does not take a genius to see that it is the same policy again and again, and the results are always the same, a few rich Tories line their pockets at the expense of the country that they clam to be protecting while the poor are trampled under.

Actually Will i read this as most of the thread disagreeing with you

However i could be wrong of course

im glad i bought mine when i did...

i would hate to be forced to move from my home, area ive grown to like, kids school etc...

maybe they should stop giving child benefit to evryone and give it to those that need it...

that would save on some taxpayers money...

moston

"while in principal moving people out of innapropriate housing "

As far as I know all councils have this power already, however for a council to move a person out of a home they must have an apropriate home to move them into in the same area. Again as far as I know, the reason that you have single people living in 3/4 bedroom homes is because the councils do not have the single bed homes to move them into.

ffs will you all stop qouting it's clogging up my glasses....lol

The solutions:

1. I said.. He said... The forums are a place whilst to air your views, not a podium to voice your political or infact Religious/Sexual preferences that may inturn offend others!

2. Ireland has an abundance of vacant properties thanks to mis-management by the Major Banks, the government have now bailed them out. As EU Citizens your entitled to move here with no loss of benefits.

Explore...

Ps, not a bad swinging scene here, either......

Paddy x

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Does this mean Buckingham Palace is up for grabs, tennant doesn't need it now the kids have flown and I've heard they are worth a bob or two?

"ffs will you all stop qouting it's clogging up my glasses....lol

The solutions:

1. I said.. He said... The forums are a place whilst to air your views, not a podium to voice your political or infact Religious/Sexual preferences that may inturn offend others!

2. Ireland has an abundance of vacant properties thanks to mis-management by the Major Banks, the government have now bailed them out. As EU Citizens your entitled to move here with no loss of benefits.

Explore...

Paddy x"

the voice of reason thank you xx

moston

"ffs will you all stop qouting it's clogging up my glasses....lol

The solutions:

Explore...

Paddy x"

I wish i could move back to Ireland but my work is here. however if I do get the chance to move back it will be to Connemara or very close (I have wonderful memories of the time I lived in Oranmore as a small child and the views over Galway bay from my bedroom window).

As for your other comments, are we not condemning ourselves to repeat the mistakes of the past if we ignore history just because it upsets people.

Sorry for quoting you.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

Not having read much of the thread, i still have to say i find your view odd Will.

Your heart would prefer to be back in a beautiful part of Ireland, i can understand that.

But your head, more accurately your wallet, wants to remain here where your work is.

And yet you appear, on a point of political principle, to knock Cameron's effots to assist other people to become more flexible and mobile in their search for employment opportunites.

The whole western ( asset rich? ) world, was built upon the mobilty of hard working people. Sad to say that the reality is that we won't be able to maintain it never mind grow but that's a whole different topic.

Sad to say however that the west and Cameron are set to fail anyway.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

my god this is a long winded thread.

already within the coalition,cracks are appearing.this govt,wont be in power long enough,to carry out 90% of thier policies/ideas.wait untill next year,and see what the new labour govt,are offering.you know its going to happen.

moston

"

And yet you appear, on a point of political principle, to knock Cameron's effots to assist other people to become more flexible and mobile in their search for employment opportunites.

The whole western ( asset rich? ) world, was built upon the mobilty of hard working people. Sad to say that the reality is that we won't be able to maintain it never mind grow but that's a whole different topic.

Sad to say however that the west and Cameron are set to fail anyway."

I was under the impression that the our asset rich world was based on the Victorian industrialist family firms investing in their own communities! As seen in the Victorian houses, factories, mills and public building that still fill our cities and towns. I was also under the impression that the reason why we are sliding further down the pan and into penury is because increasingly we allow greedy executive directors put in place by greedier banks to use our wealth to buy and then transfer our industry to 3rd world and emerging economies in the name of profit. This form of theft has now gained such popularity that they are now even buying our sports teams.

London

I very much doubt (Titus and a few others aside) that our Victorian bosses thought in those terms. I take a guess that keeping the human capital alive was probably a better bet

luton

Then we get _uton_couple (are you in the UK at the moment?) who live in Spain for part of the year and complain about the Muslims where they live in Luton and their fear of going out agreeing with Wishy.

Question to l_c, am I correct in thinking you own or have owned an ex council house? And if so how do you justify having lined your pockets at the expense of those less fortunate than yourself?

dear mr _illwill69u

first of all what is the relevance of where i am at the moment ?

if i want to spend time in spain , uk , or anywhere else , what difference does it make ?

as far as complaining about luton i tell it as it is

the funny thing about luton is that i dont need to convince anybody what its like as theres hundreds of vidios on you tube , including footage by the BBC etc etc etc

it is rife with racial hatred directed at west indians , irish , etc , and people that look like me

and having had bricks through my window , threats of having my house burnt down , been caught in race riots on my way home from sainsburys , coupled with the fact its not safe to go out after dark , what do you expect me to do about it ?

say nothing and let everyone think its all coming up roses ?

dream on pal

by the way i have never lived in a council house in my life

and for you to suggest i have bought one and sold it on to line my pockets is something in political circles called smear tactics

you will have to get up early in the morning to try flim flam people with those pathetic tactics

jesus christ give me some credit , you must think im a carrot cruncher just come up from the country

moston

"my god this is a long winded thread.

already within the coalition,cracks are appearing.this govt,wont be in power long enough,to carry out 90% of thier policies/ideas.wait untill next year,and see what the new labour govt,are offering.you know its going to happen."

At the risk of being accused of repeating myself, did you miss this?

"Haven't you (and others) picked up on the fact that by the time the libdems decide to break away from "call me dave" that the Tories will be in office till May 2015, with no way of removing them short of murder or revolution? And before anyone tells me I am wrong remember that under the fixed term legislation being drawn up and going through parliament at the moment at least 55% of parliament must vote down a government and that is 358 votes required and even if every non Tory votes them down its still not enough!"

They are here till May 2015, and it is their stated aim to pull all the troops out of Afghanistan for that date, of course what they have not said is and then use that to ride into a second term in power (just as Thatcher used the troops to keep power in 83).

London

April 1982

Exits in pedantic mode

glasgow

already within the coalition,cracks are appearing.this govt,wont be in power long enough,to carry out 90% of thier policies/ideas.wait untill next year,and see what the new labour govt,are offering.you know its going to happen.

Haven't you (and others) picked up on the fact that by the time the libdems decide to break away from "call me dave" that the Tories will be in office till May 2015, with no way of removing them short of murder or revolution? And before anyone tells me I am wrong remember that under the fixed term legislation being drawn up and going through parliament at the moment at least 55% of parliament must vote down a government and that is 358 votes required and even if every non Tory votes them down its still not enough!

They are here till May 2015, and it is their stated aim to pull all the troops out of Afghanistan for that date, of course what they have not said is and then use that to ride into a second term in power (just as Thatcher used the troops to keep power in 83). "

forgive me,i didnt read the whole thread.war and peace,is shorter.serious question,how can a party govern.who cannot win a majority,in parlaiment.

Having lived in Luton from the age of 4 up until 3 years ago I can confirm that everything _uton_couple said about it being an unsafe place is 100% correct. The place is awash with crime and no-go areas and I am glad to be out of it.

I was dragged up on one if it's fiercest council estates. My parents bought their council house under the right to buy scheme but until they qualified to do so they had to move us four times (due to our house needed by someone else - hey there's a shock eh, 1969, Wilson's Labour Govt.) - but eventually we settled in a not-so-hard part of the town (Lewsey Farm) and my siblings and I got used to coming home from school intact, with all our own clothes, and books that hadn't been taken from us, pee'd on, and returned with much derision from the older boys. (a smig grin my brother wiped from their faces a few years later in a pub in town one night, I'll say no more).

So Will, anytime you want to 'debate' working class roots and how one is driven to better themselves then I'm your man. But, if you think the world should be run on fairness and equality for all then you are living in Chairman Mao's little red book of ha-ha-fooled-you-didnt-I?

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Having lived in Luton from the age of 4 up until 3 years ago I can confirm that everything _uton_couple said about it being an unsafe place is 100% correct. The place is awash with crime and no-go areas and I am glad to be out of it.

I was dragged up on one if it's fiercest council estates. My parents bought their council house under the right to buy scheme but until they qualified to do so they had to move us four times (due to our house needed by someone else - hey there's a shock eh, 1969, Wilson's Labour Govt.) - but eventually we settled in a not-so-hard part of the town (Lewsey Farm) and my siblings and I got used to coming home from school intact, with all our own clothes, and books that hadn't been taken from us, pee'd on, and returned with much derision from the older boys. (a smig grin my brother wiped from their faces a few years later in a pub in town one night, I'll say no more).

So Will, anytime you want to 'debate' working class roots and how one is driven to better themselves then I'm your man. But, if you think the world should be run on fairness and equality for all then you are living in Chairman Mao's little red book of ha-ha-fooled-you-didnt-I?"

Fuck me wishy i feel posh now!

luton

They are here till May 2015, and it is their stated aim to pull all the troops out of Afghanistan for that date, of course what they have not said is and then use that to ride into a second term in power (just as Thatcher used the troops to keep power in 83). "

well theres a lesson to be learned about politics

when you make a slur about a person

by suggesting ( in detail ) how they lined there pockets by selling a council house and are proved to be wrong you look a right plonker

it gets worse the longer you stay silent and say nothing

its just like shouting FIRE in a busy shopping arcade when there isnt one

everyone looks round at you and they wait for the men in white coats to appear

and the longer they take to get there the more of a nana you feel as they stare at you in deathly silence

Bradford

"

Sad to say however that the west and Cameron are set to fail anyway.

I was under the impression that the our asset rich world was based on the Victorian industrialist family firms investing in their own communities! As seen in the Victorian houses, factories, mills and public building that still fill our cities and towns. I was also under the impression that the reason why we are sliding further down the pan and into penury is because increasingly we allow greedy executive directors put in place by greedier banks to use our wealth to buy and then transfer our industry to 3rd world and emerging economies in the name of profit. This form of theft has now gained such popularity that they are now even buying our sports teams."

i would lol about all day, mao if it wasn't not so funny.

just who do you think built Industrial and Victorian Britain? Hordes of migrant workers, moving to where the work was.

As to the reasons, consider this. Yes, there are greedy "executives" and yes to a degree they "steal" wealth from such as our pension pots.

Oh, reminds me, on that note the biggest "thief" of all was G.Brown.

Are you seriously suggesting that the relatively few executives "stole" from the millions of pigate folks who borrowed to fund a life on the never never? Reality records that far from steal, they simply fostered and fed the demand for ready credit snapped up by the masses in their millions. Hardly theft.

So, what we really have here is Will thinking he has enough evidence to prove his argument with Wishy and so posting a thread just for that argument.

And Wishy not being able to keep quiet even when he says he will no longer comment.

Happy Days.

Conservatives, Labour, I shit em all, they took turns to fuck this country, no party is better than the other, all out for themselves.

Problem is, No matter which party is in power, It's always the feckin government.

Bradford

Oh, and on buying our sports teams?

Chelsea - Oil and natural resources magnate

Man City - Oil Magnate

Liverpool - Retail and sports teams magnates

There'll be others,

Hardly sources of finance "stolen" from the masses.

moston

"it is rife with racial hatred directed at west indians , irish , etc , and people that look like me"

So you are not Caucasian or Negroid, so what are you, Asian maybe?

"and having had bricks through my window , threats of having my house burnt down"

Could that be because of your obviously bigoted attitude?

" been caught in race riots on my way home from sainsburys , coupled with the fact its not safe to go out after dark , what do you expect me to do about it ?"

Maybe start by taking a long look at yourself in a mirror.

"say nothing and let everyone think its all coming up roses ?

dream on pal

and for you to suggest i have bought one and sold it on to line my pockets is something in political circles called smear tactics "

My questions to you were based on what you have posted in numerous political threads. If it offends you that I have drawn wrong conclusions from the totality of those posts maybe the fault is with your posts and not with me.

Now for the record I am sure you are not Asian but are in fact Caucasian English, however I have deliberately drawn attention to your latest overtly racist comments to maybe open your eyes to what you have said, whether you meant it or not.

"you will have to get up early in the morning to try flim flam people with those pathetic tactics

jesus christ give me some credit , you must think im a carrot cruncher just come up from the country "

No you have none of the grace of country people, but I do think that you should read your posts and engage your brain before posting if you do not want people like me to point out exactly what you are saying.

luton

"Having lived in Luton from the age of 4 up until 3 years ago I can confirm that everything _uton_couple said about it being an unsafe place is 100% correct. The place is awash with crime and no-go areas and I am glad to be out of it.

So Will, anytime you want to 'debate' working class roots and how one is driven to better themselves then I'm your man. But, if you think the world should be run on fairness and equality for all then you are living in Chairman Mao's little red book of ha-ha-fooled-you-didnt-I?"

theres a few people on here that would get the shock of there life if they woke up one morning and looked out of the window to see the bedfordshire yeomen pub

they would then get a bigger one when walking to the town

god help them , they havent a fecking clue

Bradford

"April 1982

"

Even more pedantic :

Exits in pedantic mode.

glasgow

starting to get a bit,monty python in here.

does anybody know.how a party can govern,but not win a majority in parlaiment.

I think that everyone has forgot that the money that the government and the councils has all comes from the public and they are suggesting evicting these people from the houses that they call their home? We gave the government all this money that both they the bankers and investors have lost through their greed and stupidity and now they expect us to just start giving it back to them for a second time, so they can do it all over again. I personally think they should start to reap what they sow, when we go to work we have to travel from the one house where we live not have taxpayers stump up for a second home so we can live in 2 different places and they want to take our one from us? We dont get paid expenses at work like meals and hotel costs if we want lunch it comes from our own pockets and not to mention the likes of people having their moats cleaned at our expense, the first place the government should start looking to save money is their lavish lifestyles at the taxpayers expense, they should go to work like ourselves and pay their own way and put the money we give them to a proper use instead of asking us to pay twice, why do they need very expensive cars to be driven from place to place, jaguars etc, should they not be setting an example like the green world they preach about and start driving small inexpensive green cars, I could go on and on about the money the government wastes but im sure if you sit and think about it yourselves you will see exactly what i mean, once again they want us to suffer while they carry on their lifestyles like its not even happening. The government receive lots of money from us and they should be held accountable to start using this money properly down to the last penny instead of wasting the resources.

luton

"it is rife with racial hatred directed at west indians , irish , etc , and people that look like me

and having had bricks through my window , threats of having my house burnt down

been caught in race riots on my way home from sainsburys , coupled with the fact its not safe to go out after dark , what do you expect me to do about it ?

dream on pal

and for you to suggest i have bought one and sold it on to line my pockets is something in political circles called smear tactics

My questions to you were based on what you have posted in numerous political threads. If it offends you that I have drawn wrong conclusions from the totality of those posts maybe the fault is with your posts and not with me.

Now for the record I am sure you are not Asian but are in fact Caucasian English, however I have deliberately drawn attention to your latest overtly racist comments to maybe open your eyes to what you have said, whether you meant it or not.

you will have to get up early in the morning to try flim flam people with those pathetic tactics

jesus christ give me some credit , you must think im a carrot cruncher just come up from the country

No you have none of the grace of country people, but I do think that you should read your posts and engage your brain before posting if you do not want people like me to point out exactly what you are saying. "

i could ask you to show me what thread it was where i said i live in a council house

but i wont

cos i didnt

looking at the things you have said , it is very easy to spot EXACTLY what you are

you my friend are a WIND UP MERCHANT

when trying to wind me up youve got one problem , and here it is

I AINT GONNA BITE

so its goodbye and goodnight

you will wait till hell freezes over to ever get a reply from me ever again

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

To me its just another Dave Gaff ,they got no mandate and the lib flunkies have said....its not our idea its daves,we know nothing about it and we are not into it ,words to that effect anyway I reckon the the honeymoon is coming to an end ...

so chill people, politics and religeon always bring out the best and the worst in us all.

ps) labour looked at this idea as well and when they saw how electorally suicidal it was....decided ...errrr no lets not ...4 million + floating voters with a common cause would be a meltdown for any party

First of I am in council property I have been for 12 years in a two bed flat with my two children I cant even get on the waiting list to get a house until I get a passport and prove that im english although I have all the right paperwork and my tenancy agreement. I have worked and paid all my rent in that time. Now im going to go back to immigration How can they get a house and I cant.

"First of I am in council property I have been for 12 years in a two bed flat with my two children I cant even get on the waiting list to get a house until I get a passport and prove that im english although I have all the right paperwork and my tenancy agreement. I have worked and paid all my rent in that time. Now im going to go back to immigration How can they get a house and I cant. "

Tell them you are a muslim but you refuse to have anal sex. They will be throwing houses at you just to get rid of you.

"First of I am in council property I have been for 12 years in a two bed flat with my two children I cant even get on the waiting list to get a house until I get a passport and prove that im english although I have all the right paperwork and my tenancy agreement. I have worked and paid all my rent in that time. Now im going to go back to immigration How can they get a house and I cant. "

its a difficult one, i have a friend that had lived in the same house all her life, she was born there, lived with her mum and dad as a child there, her mother died there, she looked after her father as an adult there and when he died because the house was in the dads name the council threw her out and moved a polish family in, even tho she had paid the rent and council tax on the house for at least the past 20 years she had no rights to it at all, and when she asked why they took rent off her for all them years if its not her home they had no answer to that

how is that right?

"First of I am in council property I have been for 12 years in a two bed flat with my two children I cant even get on the waiting list to get a house until I get a passport and prove that im english although I have all the right paperwork and my tenancy agreement. I have worked and paid all my rent in that time. Now im going to go back to immigration How can they get a house and I cant.

its a difficult one, i have a friend that had lived in the same house all her life, she was born there, lived with her mum and dad as a child there, her mother died there, she looked after her father as an adult there and when he died because the house was in the dads name the council threw her out and moved a polish family in, even tho she had paid the rent and council tax on the house for at least the past 20 years she had no rights to it at all, and when she asked why they took rent off her for all them years if its not her home they had no answer to that

how is that right?"

No not right at all thats disgusting. The house should of been put in her name

moston

"First of I am in council property I have been for 12 years in a two bed flat with my two children I cant even get on the waiting list to get a house until I get a passport and prove that im english although I have all the right paperwork and my tenancy agreement. I have worked and paid all my rent in that time. Now im going to go back to immigration How can they get a house and I cant.

how is that right?"

I believe that it was the 1988 rent act that removed the right for a council property to be passed from one generation to another by restricting the number of times pre 1988 council or an assured tenancy could be passed on and who it could be passed to. You might like to note that it was the same act that stopped councils from reinvesting the monies raised from the sale of council home in new housing stock and transfered the rights to direct the use of the money so raised to central government. Another piece of classic Tory legislation.

"it is rife with racial hatred directed at west indians , irish , etc , and people that look like me

been caught in race riots on my way home from sainsburys , coupled with the fact its not safe to go out after dark , what do you expect me to do about it ?

dream on pal

No you have none of the grace of country people, but I do think that you should read your posts and engage your brain before posting if you do not want people like me to point out exactly what you are saying. "

And i think that you should stop attacking and insulting people who dare not to agree with you

If you do not agree with the obvious majority of views then that of course is your right

But to stoop to levels of insults,innuendos and darn right rudeness at times is not on

It has occurred to me that you may just be a wind up merchant that derives pleasure from this

If you are then that in its self is sad

If not then i feel sorry for someone who has such an obvious dislike of people who dare not to agree with anything you say

This is my final word on any of your political threads as it is nigh impossible for me to continue reading them whilst you continue to attack people

I'm obviously not aware of the reasons for your underlying hatred of all things political

But wish you luck in your search for the perfect governing party

Craig

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

your quite right,he is just a wind-up merchant with far too much time on his hands in my opinion,and talking of opinions he has and no respect for other peoples opinions whatsoever!,it has been mentioned before that if he does not agre with your opinion the racist accusations start to fly!,this call is a popular cry when a white british national dares offer opinions these days and is far too easy for the accuser to hurl and then hide behind it.

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

dream on pal

No you have none of the grace of country people, but I do think that you should read your posts and engage your brain before posting if you do not want people like me to point out exactly what you are saying.

And i think that you should stop attacking and insulting people who dare not to agree with you

If you do not agree with the obvious majority of views then that of course is your right

But to stoop to levels of insults,innuendos and darn right rudeness at times is not on

It has occurred to me that you may just be a wind up merchant that derives pleasure from this

If not then i feel sorry for someone who has such an obvious dislike of people who dare not to agree with anything you say

This is my final word on any of your political threads as it is nigh impossible for me to continue reading them whilst you continue to attack people

I'm obviously not aware of the reasons for your underlying hatred of all things political

Craig"

spot on with your assessment craig....couldn't agree more

"

Craig"

I couldn't have worded it better myself Soapy. To his mind the Tories are the architects of all things evil and Labour are his Knights Templar. It's a view of the world based upon delusion and a stubborn refusal the see things for how they really are.

David Cameron will prove himself to be one of the best leaders this country has ever had and I will stick my neck out to say that the next general election will see him sweep to power on a majority never before enjoyed by a sitting prime minister. He said he'd sort this country out and he's already started doing it. The Banks are back in business, house prices are rising again and he's telling foreign governments to stop fucking about and back up what they say they're going to do. I like that king of straight talking.

* kind ... but... freudian slip lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

* sighs *

Who said religion and politics should never be "debated"

I use the word "debated " but it looks more like attacks on people who don't have the same allegiance.

I know it can get passionate on "debates" like this, and I don't want to come down heavy handed when you all get passionate about it, BUT if threads and posts are put up just to attack or annoy the hell out of people, then people will end up being banned.

I have asked people to cool it before now so please watch what you are posting from now on.

I will shut this now.