FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wikileaks

Wikileaks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atisfy jane OP   Woman  over a year ago

Torquay

Thought I would take a look at the documents on Afghanistan that Wikileaks website have published overnight, but wouldn't you know it?.....The Americans (you just know it is the US State Dept.)have managed to hack into the site and take it off line.

Shame as I was very keen to take a closer look at the records of UK citizens who have been killed in Helmand Province fighting our troops.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had a look this morning & so much info, maps & links couldn't make head nor tail of anything.

I just hope the people who leaked it are happy that it could compromise some or all of the troops!

Yes civilians will have been killed, that unfortunately happens in war.

I don't get this western world, in it's current state. It's like it's some great shock to the system that - my god - people DIE in WAR.

We don't need to see names and photos each night, or some gruesome body count on the news.

Whoever leaked these files should be tried for treason - and then taken out and strung up. If this is some not so blatant attempt to bring the 'truth' to the masses then their quest has clouded their judgement and the lives of the armed forces we have still out there fighting may have been put at risk.

Whether the war in Afghanistan is right or wrong the fact remains that we still have British fathers, sons, husbands and lovers out there (and yes, a few women personnel too), and I hope whoever leaked the files hangs his/her/their head in shame.

Torquay

I think you are missing the point of the documents being leaked, for example there were hundreds if not thousands of files on the role that Pakistan has in the deaths of our troops.

Last year the British government gave Pakistan £47.4m in financial aid.

We are paying the Pakistan government to allow it's Secret Service to back insurgents to travel across the Pakistan mountains and kill our boys.

Some things shouldn't be kept secret from the British public.....and this is one of them.

[Removed by poster at 26/07/10 14:59:09]

"I think you are missing the point of the documents being leaked, for example there were hundreds if not thousands of files on the role that Pakistan has in the deaths of our troops.

We are paying the Pakistan government to allow it's Secret Service to back insurgents to travel across the Pakistan mountains and kill our boys.

Some things shouldn't be kept secret from the British public.....and this is one of them.

"

And you know this for a fact or are you just guessing?

Torquay

"I think you are missing the point of the documents being leaked, for example there were hundreds if not thousands of files on the role that Pakistan has in the deaths of our troops.

And you know this for a fact or are you just guessing? "

Sky News did a Twenty minute piece on it last night, in the report they described how the leaked documents lambasted the Pakistan government for complicity in insurgent training camps in the Pakistan Tribal lands.

It also stated in the report that the Pakistan Secret Service (The ISI) have proven connections with the Quetta Shura Taliban in the town of Quetta, and gave them 48 hours notice by e mail that Pakistan troops were clearing the area of training camps.

So unless the 91,000 document leak is a fake then I would believe it to contain facts....Is that ok for you?

i hate to see the news when so many of our boy ( soldiers) are killed makes me sick that they are still out there.

if we are giving money to Pakistan then YES we have the right to know and being honest here that money could help our blooming country out but that's the Uk for you always helping out others

Mulder called, he'd like his theories back!

Torquay

"Mulder called, he'd like his theories back! "

Maybe you haven't got family and close friends out there at the moment?

For people that have, the role of Pakistan and our continued overseas aid for Pakistan leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

And you know this for a fact or are you just guessing?

Sky News did a Twenty minute piece on it last night, in the report they described how the leaked documents lambasted the Pakistan government for complicity in insurgent training camps in the Pakistan Tribal lands.

It also stated in the report that the Pakistan Secret Service (The ISI) have proven connections with the Quetta Shura Taliban in the town of Quetta, and gave them 48 hours notice by e mail that Pakistan troops were clearing the area of training camps.

So unless the 91,000 document leak is a fake then I would believe it to contain facts....Is that ok for you?"

Its an interesting spin on things. Who knows maybe the powers that be want the Taliban to believe they have support from within. We don't really know do we.

"Mulder called, he'd like his theories back!

Maybe you haven't got family and close friends out there at the moment?

For people that have, the role of Pakistan and our continued overseas aid for Pakistan leaves a bad taste in the mouth."

The world's not fair and it never has been. It's most countries policy to aid a range of governments with arms and money, it's nothing new, look at any major or minor war and there's always someone using someone elses goods.

It's how it is. You don't need a leak to know this. You just need a leak to "outrage" all the soapbox owners who saw it on the news.

The Pakistan situation is a very complex one where Northern Pakistan is as much a lawless place to the Pakistan Govt as Helmand is to the coalition forces and the Afghan Govt. Another factor that is intrinsic to the instability in thr whole region is Pakistan's Muslim community, some of whom support Al-Queda and some who don't - there are always divisions within any society (we have royalists and anti-royalists don't we?). We have strong ties with Pakistan and as a former colony (Pakistan broke away from India when India gained independence from the Empire), we are obliged to send overseas aid to assist the Pakistan Govt to police it's borders among other things. Of course, if ANY money from the Pakistan Govt goes towards training insurgents then it can easily be spun that the money WE sent was used. Any fool can make that connection. As for Sky broadcasting a version of events that showed it WAS our money being used, well, it all comes down the bias of the programme producer doesn't it. I'm sure a pro-War on Terror producer could have put an entirely different spin on it.

Lastly, if you think we don't have strong ties with Pakistan you only have to look at where the Pakistan cricket team are playing their home games this Summer. Edgbaston, Headingley, The Oval ..

By *uton_coupleCouple  over a year ago

luton

"Thought I would take a look at the documents on Afghanistan that Wikileaks website have published overnight, but wouldn't you know it?.....The Americans (you just know it is the US State Dept.)have managed to hack into the site and take it off line.

Shame as I was very keen to take a closer look at the records of UK citizens who have been killed in Helmand Province fighting our troops.

"

what makes you think that a government , be it in the USA or in the UK are going to be open with what goes on in the war cabinet

my father used to watch the "world at war" programe 30 years after the event to find out what went on

and he was in the fecking thing for 6 years

the falklands war has generated documents , etc etc that have 60 year rules on them so they cant be made public untill the great grandchildren of the people that made the decitions therein have died and turned to dust

you cant get a party leader to tell you ONE LITTLE SPECK of what they will do in there first budget prior to an election

so dont be suprised about this cover up

Does Joe Public really need to see photographs of maimed, burned bodies?

Shattered houses with legs sticking out from the rubble?

Soldiers who have been blown to bits?

No, there are some things that absolutely shouldn't be shown as these people have families and only a ghoul would want to see them. By having a 70-year censor on such material means that if any deceased person can be identified then it won't be by any surviving immediate family but it's not just sensitive photos that need to be censored. Documentation regarding our campaigns should also be protected as who knows when some future opponent may just call our bluff because they've seen our modus operandi in some leaked information from previous engagements. There are some things we just don't need to see to know it happens and casualties in war is one of them.

As a poker player I'd never show my hand at the end of the game, especially if I've been bluffing, as it serves my cause to keep people guessing as to whether I could really have taken them down if they'd tried it on. It's called a Deterent, and it's no deterent if eveyr fooker knows exactly how you play before you play it.

The wanker who released these files ought to be fucking shot.

Torquay

I've got the download now.....it's one hell of a file.

Will take for ever to browse through it, but it will make interesting reading.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"Does Joe Public really need to see photographs of maimed, burned bodies?

"

But there are frequent, and verified, reports of innocnt civilians being maimed killed etc.

Perhaps some of them were Joe Publics relatives?

The WikiLeaks site is back up now and you can download the entire WarDiary Dump. 75mb. It's on it's way now so I'll have a peruse of that later and see exactly what all the fuss is about.

"Does Joe Public really need to see photographs of maimed, burned bodies?

But there are frequent, and verified, reports of innocnt civilians being maimed killed etc.

Perhaps some of them were Joe Publics relatives?"

If you wanna make an omelette you have to be prepared to crack a few eggs. Innocent people have always died in the wars man has waged, why should this one be any different. I know that sounds unfeeling but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, it happens, it's unfortunate, but nothing is going to bring them back. Our forces, in the main, make sure that their targets are verified and no civvies are present, especially children, but it's not an infallible system.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

If i wanted to make an ommelette i could do so in my own kitchen. I wouldn't go part way around the world to take over someone else's kitchen to do so.

"

If i wanted to make an ommelette i could do so in my own kitchen. I wouldn't go part way around the world to take over someone else's kitchen to do so.

"

No me too matey!! id make beans on toast! lol lol

» Add a new message to this topic