FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How do you deal with someone with no sense of boundaries?

How do you deal with someone with no sense of boundaries?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *emmefatale OP   Woman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I was talking to a friend today ( non swinger)and she was telling me about a mutual acquaintance of ours that seems to just ignore my friends feelings and wishes over a lot of things mostly mundane but over time I think resentment has built up.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I was talking to a friend today ( non swinger)and she was telling me about a mutual acquaintance of ours that seems to just ignore my friends feelings and wishes over a lot of things mostly mundane but over time I think resentment has built up.

"

Do you mean she has no tact, and or is selfish/ego centric?

Avoid the person as much as possible. It can be impossible to explain what they are doing wrong. Not worth the effort.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"I was talking to a friend today ( non swinger)and she was telling me about a mutual acquaintance of ours that seems to just ignore my friends feelings and wishes over a lot of things mostly mundane but over time I think resentment has built up.

"

I think in situations like that you have to be blunt and tell it how it is. Tell this mutual acquaintance how your friend feels or your friend should tell them herself.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

You have to walk away if they won't listen to reason and not go back until they do

"

forget the person in question

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Do you mean she has no tact, and or is selfish/ego centric?"

Its a bit of all three.

Could she be autistic?

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Depends. Is there a neurological problem there or are they just an arse? If the latter I tend to point out the problem when it happens. If the former, I have no idea.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"

I dunno. How do you lot deal with me?

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Could she be autistic?"
She may well be, I suggested this years ago to her brother, and he went ballistic, even though he was having the same problems at the time.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I dunno. How do you lot deal with me? "

Whip and a chair.

Do you mean she has no tact, and or is selfish/ego centric?Its a bit of all three. "

If the mutual acquaintance cannot empathise and sees their actions as normal (such as some on the autistic spectrum) then it's your friend who needs to adjust her own thinking and let the behaviour of said person wash over her.

[Removed by poster at 07/08/14 22:42:22]

I USED to have some friends like that. Over time and after being ignored and being TOLD what I needed to do in my life, I just decided one day that enough was enough.

I didn't argue or say anything, I just backed off and let them get on without me. I've never been one for having loads of close friends but these few were just taking advantage and basically taking the piss.

I'm now much happier and come and go as I please without any ridicule or criticism from anyone!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Do you mean she has no tact, and or is selfish/ego centric?Its a bit of all three.

If the mutual acquaintance cannot empathise and sees their actions as normal (such as some on the autistic spectrum) then it's your friend who needs to adjust her own thinking and let the behaviour of said person wash over her."

I have said this, I suggested she should distance herself for a short while.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I USED to have some friends like that. Over time and after being ignored and being TOLD what I needed to do in my life, I just decided one day that enough was enough.

I didn't argue or say anything, I just backed off and let them get on without me. I've never been one for having loads of close friends but these few were just taking advantage and basically taking the piss.

I'm now much happier and come and go as I please without any ridicule or criticism from anyone! "

Good for you! I am hoping my friend can solve the issues.

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I dunno. How do you lot deal with me?

Whip and a chair. "

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Take a holiday from the friend for a little while. Come back refreshed and when it feels clingy again step away for a while.

That is unless they are really malignant parasites sucking the life out of you in which case you need to cut them out permanently.

"I USED to have some friends like that. Over time and after being ignored and being TOLD what I needed to do in my life, I just decided one day that enough was enough.

I'm now much happier and come and go as I please without any ridicule or criticism from anyone! Good for you! I am hoping my friend can solve the issues."

Thanks! I hope she can too, life is too short to have your wishes ignored and be used by people who are meant to be friends

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Take a holiday from the friend for a little while. Come back refreshed and when it feels clingy again step away for a while.

That is unless they are really malignant parasites sucking the life out of you in which case you need to cut them out permanently.

"

This is more or less verbatim, what I said to my friend earlier.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Take a holiday from the friend for a little while. Come back refreshed and when it feels clingy again step away for a while.

This is more or less verbatim, what I said to my friend earlier. "

If you have been saying the same thing many times then your friend may be getting something out of parasitic relationship. Possibly being the martyr and transferring the burden by sharing it generously with her/his other friends (i.e. you).

I have in the past given the straight talking approach, but that is me, as I respect it myself if I am doing wrong.

If this approach is impossible, take a step back and wait to be asked what's wrong then do the same.

This is me, as I feel that going round the houses with things don't work.

A good clearing of the air.

Her

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I establish agreed boundaries. If they are ignored I will remind what they are and demand agreement for compliance. If this is not given I view this as a lack of respect and break contact.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

You punch them in the neck.

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

dont meet them or stop meeting them lol, simple really

I dunno. How do you lot deal with me? "

we just look at your breasts and then forgive you

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

Both funky' sand wyrd's have made me chuckle.

But seriously I gad a friend who was like your acquaintance and I phased her out, finally my best friend has seen her in the same light at last and has done just the same. You don't need people like that in your life if you do not wish them to be

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Keep the people in your life who are worth keeping. When someone treats you badly, in whatever form, you have to consider why you're putting up with that. If something or someone doesn't make you happy then it's time to stop.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

How do you feel about the mutual friend?

If you have no problem with them then the issue is hers alone.

It's common practice for some individuals that have issues with someone to attempt to pass those issues on, in an attempt to either isolate said person from a group (work, social, family etc) or to convince others that the problem is with them rather than themselves.

If you have no personal problem with them - why get involved?

A

The longer it has been going on, the more difficult it is to keep in check.

Taking a step back is less confrontational than a punch in the neck but has less "job satisfaction"

Listen to your inner troll on this one

I tell them straight and if they persist I no longer keep contact with them. This is why I have very few close friends

"Keep the people in your life who are worth keeping. When someone treats you badly, in whatever form, you have to consider why you're putting up with that. If something or someone doesn't make you happy then it's time to stop."

"Keep the people in your life who are worth keeping. When someone treats you badly, in whatever form, you have to consider why you're putting up with that. If something or someone doesn't make you happy then it's time to stop.

"

Thread archeology?

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

"Keep the people in your life who are worth keeping. When someone treats you badly, in whatever form, you have to consider why you're putting up with that. If something or someone doesn't make you happy then it's time to stop.

"

Over a year resurrection? Ok then...

Over a year resurrection? Ok then... "

Nee naww nee naww

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

Nee naww nee naww"

Nee naww nee naww

"

Good grief it's xmas lighten up.

People are told to do forum searches then bitched at when they do.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Over a year resurrection? Ok then... "

No reason why she can't

No reason why she can't "

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

No reason why she can't

"

I like trying to guess who all the unlos's are

No reason why she can't

I like trying to guess who all the unlos's are "

One of them may be me.

At times you have to put yourself first and be true to who you are as a person.

» Add a new message to this topic