FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > right click

right click

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

this has probably been posted before and apologise if that is the case. it seems a bit dodgy that on this site you can right click and save peoples pics. who knows where your photos are going to end up. we are also members of SDC and its not possible to right click on there

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never realised that till today hun ... thanks think I may have to remove some of mine xx

"this has probably been posted before and apologise if that is the case. it seems a bit dodgy that on this site you can right click and save peoples pics. who knows where your photos are going to end up. we are also members of SDC and its not possible to right click on there"

I havent tried to right click but now you mention it im a tad concerned

From the FAQ:

============

Why don't you right-click protect our photos to stop others stealing / saving them?

We believe in being straighforward with the members of Fab. Right click protect doesn't work and gives a false sense of security by pretending to "protect" images. Other sites may pretend they've protected your images but actually they're being dishonest by claiming that.

Right click "protect" can be gotten around in under 2 seconds by any of the following methods:

Simplest: Goto File menu, Save As, and save to desktop = The photos will be in a folder on your desktop that your browser has created.

OR... Disable JavaScript by going to Tools menu, choose Internet Options, Click the Security tab, click Custom Level, scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list and click Disable. Right click can now be used to save images.

OR... Press print screen and the image + page will be copied to clipboard where it can be pasted into a graphics program for resize or save.

We give you three privacy options on your photos and we now hide images from anyone who isn't a member of Fab. If you are worried about someone stealing your photos you may want to set them to be viewable only by your friends, or private in which case you can send by private mail.

We also now watermark all photos upon upload

2 points. 1. it just took me 5 minutes to find the FAQ's. not the best place to put them. 2. if we were the sort of people to steal other peoples pix the only way we knew was right click. thanks for putting up 3 alternative for the dodgy element to see. why not post a step by step video ffs

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"this has probably been posted before and apologise if that is the case. it seems a bit dodgy that on this site you can right click and save peoples pics. who knows where your photos are going to end up. we are also members of SDC and its not possible to right click on there"

makes NO diference, disabling right click has no effect on stealing pictures AT ALL.

Website designers have used many ways to get you the client to believe that they have your pics secure, but this is untrue, you must realise the way the Internet works, when you request a web page from website, all the information is downloaded to your PC, then your browser interprets the HTML code to show you the web page the way the designer wanted.

So when a person looks at you public (or friends looking at you private) pics will be downloaded to their PC, if you know where to look they will be there for them to do as they wish! So ONLY put images on a website you don't mind other people seeing!

Finally another word of caution, if you allow your children(very PC savvy) access to your PC don't forget that any pics that have been downloaded to your PC when viewing members profiles, will be available for them to see, if they look! So delete your Internet TEMP files after every Interenet session to stop this.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. If I can find the FAQ so can anyone else, its at the foot of the front page.

...and at the foot of this page.. look down.

well my earlier post would indicate that i'd already found it

"well my earlier post would indicate that i'd already found it"

Your opening post made no mention of the FAQ. Please remind us all in future when we're required to read your mind before commenting.

Cheshire and London

"2 points. 1. it just took me 5 minutes to find the FAQ's. not the best place to put them. 2. if we were the sort of people to steal other peoples pix the only way we knew was right click. thanks for putting up 3 alternative for the dodgy element to see. why not post a step by step video ffs"

If people want to steal your pics THEY WILL, a quick search on google will give them all the information you need.

I would always recommend that anyone who uses the Internet does a search on google, to fully understand how the Internet works and security. Knowledge is power!!!

[Removed by poster at 21/06/10 12:54:27]

It is clear to anyone with half a brain cell that your first post made no mention of the FAQ but your second post DID - and that that was the one I was responding to. Sheesh!

[Removed by poster at 21/06/10 12:58:12]

Cheshire and London

Further to our post about kids etc seeing your downloaded pics via the Internet TEMP files etc.

Best way around this is to use FireFox web browser instead of Internet Explorer and then select tools and pick start private browsing when you close the browser when you have finished all your history and temp files etc are automatically deleted

yeah we use private browser on google chrome

Explorer let's you do that too. It also has an in-private browsing filter. (It's on the 'Safety' tab on the toolbar.)

i don't think it matters what you do to protect your pics if some one wants them they will and there are a few ways of doing this

we don't need to we take any ones pics with out there concent we take own pics with concent of others while with them

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Must be the weather that is making people grumpy

If people really want to nick other peoples pics they will, whatever security measure you think you have.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

well if we decide to put pictures up on the world wide web surely we leave ourselves open to stuff like that

"this has probably been posted before and apologise if that is the case. it seems a bit dodgy that on this site you can right click and save peoples pics. who knows where your photos are going to end up. we are also members of SDC and its not possible to right click on therewell if we decide to put pictures up on the world wide web surely we leave ourselves open to stuff like that "

As a former web developer I can promise you that nothing is sacred once it appears on the web, and once it's out there you can't ever control it. The search engines are so ambiguous and constantly change the way they index sites which makes it nigh on impossible to secure your webpages unless you're continually working on them, or have a company doing it for you.

Forum Mod

Thw obvious answer would be if you don't want your pics to appear anywhere else then don't post them on the internet

» Add a new message to this topic