FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Clubs closing down

Clubs closing down

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oe_Steve_NWest OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bolton

With the sad closure of 101 in Doncaster due to a lack of visitors how long will it be before we see more clubs closing and will this be a good thing or a bad thing.

My personal feeling is that in some areas it will be a good thing as too many clubs are close together so none get a good crowd in unless its something special going on.

Steve

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"With the sad closure of 101 in Doncaster due to a lack of visitors how long will it be before we see more clubs closing and will this be a good thing or a bad thing.

My personal feeling is that in some areas it will be a good thing as too many clubs are close together so none get a good crowd in unless its something special going on.

Steve "

up to a point i would agree with you, some club do tend to also rest on the laurels a bit.. with regards to pricing and acceptance of certain types of people....

the clubs with the better types of facilities will survive as they will always cater to a larger base of people

Quality of clubs over quantites anyday....

By *xstephbxxCouple  over a year ago

hyde

Have to agree with Fab, the quality ones will indeed strive on.Its a growing scene with the Internet now in nearly everyone's home and swinging no longer exists in the little pocket magazines that could only be bought at sex shops. Its good to note tat the ones that are doing well really do pull out all the stops to cater for nearly everything to do with swinging and the sex scene in general

Bolton

We have far too many clubs around this area and the end result is that all the clubs are quiet and as such not doing well just now.

My personal opinion is that the area could loose 2 or maybe 3 clubs and still have far more than the area needs.

The key point is those that should close and who should or could benifit from the closure i guess.

Steve

Bolton

Just been informed that Youtopia will only be opening on a friday for the time being.

Bad news as its a good club with nothing else around the area

Steve

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The thing with clubs they got to keep them fresh and need the atmosphere to be right or people wont come back. I know I have to travel but I am spoilt by chams I have tried the rest now I have the best.

Quality over quantity every time .. dingy clubs won't attract the numbers they need to survive but that's not a bad thing surely?

When you go somewhere like chams you know very well that you are getting a lovely atmosphere, nice decor and that the club will be busy and all at a very very reasonable cost

There can't be anything worse than travelling miles to try a different club only to pay silly money and then find you are 1 of only half a dozen couples in there!

It's in the club owners hands really, we all know the 'benchmark' clubs so that is what they need to aim for

"The thing with clubs they got to keep them fresh and need the atmosphere to be right or people wont come back. I know I have to travel but I am spoilt by chams I have tried the rest now I have the best."

I agree...I can't get up there often as I don't drive and am down near southampton but when I do I know I will have a great time. Still trying my hardest to get up there for your birthday on the 2nd!! my "date" just had to cancel as his best mate is having his stag due that night...back to the drawing board!!!

hey yummy are you coming for pussy possy beach party maybe a little more notice.

I wonder does anyone feel the clubs have been hit by the recession?

It's a feeling I have had for a while with folks trimming back their leisure activities.

Wondered what anyone thought.

Bolton

"Quality over quantity every time .. dingy clubs won't attract the numbers they need to survive but that's not a bad thing surely?

When you go somewhere like chams you know very well that you are getting a lovely atmosphere, nice decor and that the club will be busy and all at a very very reasonable cost

There can't be anything worse than travelling miles to try a different club only to pay silly money and then find you are 1 of only half a dozen couples in there!

It's in the club owners hands really, we all know the 'benchmark' clubs so that is what they need to aim for "

Chams is a great club and on of the first. Abfabs is a brilliant club too and we go there whenever we're down south and freedom permits. I used a few other clubs when I was single but tbh, none of them came even remotely close to Abfab and Chams, so i'm not surprised at all to see some of them closed now. 101 club had a rep for being very cliquey, and I've heard similar reports about Le Chambre.

We tried a villa party when we went to Fuengirola a couple of years ago and that was one helluva party. I'd recommend looking into those if you're travelling to Spain at all.

Bolton

"Quality over quantity every time .. dingy clubs won't attract the numbers they need to survive but that's not a bad thing surely?

It's in the club owners hands really, we all know the 'benchmark' clubs so that is what they need to aim for "

I will try this again but its not easy on my blackberry lol

I was going to say I can't agree with you that its a quality issue as we have 2 clubs near us who are well below par when it comes to quality and both are doing really well whilst some far better clubs in the same area seem to struggle to get folks through the door. Maybe it is cos a few clubs in our area are looking for the same sort of customers so neither can get a full house so to speak.

Steve

By *evnsueCouple  over a year ago

hull

Yes it is sad that 101 club has closed,a couple of years ago,maybe 3,this club was one of the best around.

We were part of a fantastic group of people who visited on a regular basis,but,as so often happens it became very "clicky"new people were not made too feel welcome by others and so didnt come again,perhaps the fault of the owners,we as a couple,would often take the time too talk too these "newbies"and often would play with them,lets hope other clubs see this as a wake up call and try thier best too make first timers feel welcome.

Bolton

"Yes it is sad that 101 club has closed,a couple of years ago,maybe 3,this club was one of the best around.

We were part of a fantastic group of people who visited on a regular basis,but,as so often happens it became very "clicky"new people were not made too feel welcome by others and so didnt come again,perhaps the fault of the owners,we as a couple,would often take the time too talk too these "newbies"and often would play with them,lets hope other clubs see this as a wake up call and try thier best too make first timers feel welcome. "

Could not agree with you more and well sais as we personally know of 2 clubs just like this and whilst we are not newbies by any stretch of the mind it is slightly off putting when you go to a club and it seems to have an IN crowd.

would agree club owners take note

Steve

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

Following our short experience on the club scene, we won't be rushing back based on the management / venue

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, the above is ours

» Add a new message to this topic