FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Swinging Pride

Swinging Pride

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nny OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Recent posts re Gay/ LGBT Pride marches prompts me to ask if anyone thinks we'll ever get to a stage where swinging is sufficiently socially acceptable to make Swinging Pride events as commonplace as Gay events.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Recent posts re Gay/ LGBT Pride marches prompts me to ask if anyone thinks we'll ever get to a stage where swinging is sufficiently socially acceptable to make Swinging Pride events as commonplace as Gay events."

Maybe one day..... but I think it would always be less well supported than gay-pride has become .....

"Recent posts re Gay/ LGBT Pride marches prompts me to ask if anyone thinks we'll ever get to a stage where swinging is sufficiently socially acceptable to make Swinging Pride events as commonplace as Gay events."

no I don't think so its not realy the same thing. you can be proud to be gay but how can you be proud to be a swinger.

"Recent posts re Gay/ LGBT Pride marches prompts me to ask if anyone thinks we'll ever get to a stage where swinging is sufficiently socially acceptable to make Swinging Pride events as commonplace as Gay events.

no I don't think so its not realy the same thing. you can be proud to be gay but how can you be proud to be a swinger."

Why would anyone be proud to be gay?

By *iccardaTV/TS  over a year ago

Wallasey

you know i thought i just posted the same question lol my _iew is swingers are celebrating their sexuality and their right to express it

ok they can conform a lot easier to avoid the snide put downs and might not suffer the out and out discrimination of say the gay community but they aren't allowed to be open about who and what they are which is what pride is all about

"Why would anyone be proud to be gay?"

Is that a serious question?

"Recent posts re Gay/ LGBT Pride marches prompts me to ask if anyone thinks we'll ever get to a stage where swinging is sufficiently socially acceptable to make Swinging Pride events as commonplace as Gay events.

no I don't think so its not realy the same thing. you can be proud to be gay but how can you be proud to be a swinger.

Why would anyone be proud to be gay?"

Why shouldn't they be proud and/or celebrate their sexuality, its nothing to be ashamed of ...... is it?

"Why would anyone be proud to be gay?

Is that a serious question? "

I'm worried it might be

Why would anyone be proud to be gay?"

Well, the men are better looking, for one thing. most are.

Is that a serious question? "

Of course it is. Why would anyone be proud to be straight? Although it makes life easier. We just are who we are. Can you imagine a proud to be white parade?

Of course it is. Why would anyone be proud to be straight? Although it makes life easier. We just are who we are. Can you imagine a proud to be white parade?"

Yes I see what you mean.

Of course it is. Why would anyone be proud to be straight? Although it makes life easier. We just are who we are. Can you imagine a proud to be white parade?

Yes I see what you mean."

Thank you, I wasnt being funny or anti gay, I just don't see the point of all the 'pride'crap

Of course it is. Why would anyone be proud to be straight? Although it makes life easier. We just are who we are. Can you imagine a proud to be white parade?"

Yes I see what you mean.

Thank you, I wasnt being funny or anti gay, I just don't see the point of all the 'pride'crap"

Maybe because it gives folks from a minority group an opportunity to express themselves. After all, less than 50 years ago being gay was illegal. 20 years ago it was still frowned on. There are still many homophobes out there, so maybe its just thumbing their nose at them at the same time.

If being gay was still not frowned upon, why haven't that many professional sportsman 'come out'

I've never been on a Gay pride march, but they look fun. I just couldnt stand listening to ABBA and Kyie Minogue music

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I did Pride in Gran Canaria one year... Never again.

Only time in my life I wanted to be straight...

"I did Pride in Gran Canaria one year... Never again.

Only time in my life I wanted to be straight..."

I wondered what it would take!

Fair-play to you.... that's a salient point,,,,,

Gay-pride events celebrate the self-worth of individuals who've taken the step to live openly gay lives in a society which still has some way to go before homosexuality is accepted as being the norm in the same way as heterosexuality is,,,,,

Hence why gay's have every reason to celebrate a pride in their sexuality and they deserve to feel proud for helping break-down prejudice and demanding equality .....

Ok. Well anyway, as someone once said, I'm all for equality and gay marriage, why should it just be straight couples who are miserable

"Ok. Well anyway, as someone once said, I'm all for equality and gay marriage, why should it just be straight couples who are miserable "

Yes I see what you mean.

Thank you, I wasnt being funny or anti gay, I just don't see the point of all the 'pride'crap"

Maybe that's because you're straight. Ever been refused a job, victimised or even verbally or physically abused for being straight? Pride exists as a show of defiance and unity in the face of such adversity which is still prevalent in our society.

Yes I see what you mean.

Thank you, I wasnt being funny or anti gay, I just don't see the point of all the 'pride'crap

Maybe that's because you're straight. Ever been refused a job, victimised or even verbally or physically abused for being straight? Pride exists as a show of defiance and unity in the face of such adversity which is still prevalent in our society."

No. But how did they know I was straight?

[Removed by poster at 30/07/14 23:15:04]

Yes I see what you mean.

Maybe that's because you're straight. Ever been refused a job, victimised or even verbally or physically abused for being straight? Pride exists as a show of defiance and unity in the face of such adversity which is still prevalent in our society.

No. But how did they know I was straight?"

And I've been refused jobs in the past, verbally and physically abused at times, haven't we all? Why is that?

I have always interpreted the 'Pride' aspect as being proud to be who you are and proud to take a stand. You can be involved in 'Gay pride' events and not be gay.

With regards to the OP. I don't think Swinging is at the same level as marches on LGBT. The reason I say this is that Swinging is a choice we make. You don't choose your sexual orientation. Therefore, whilst not socially accepted by all- I don't feel there needs to be a march for Swinging pride.

Sarah

"I have always interpreted the 'Pride' aspect as being proud to be who you are and proud to take a stand. You can be involved in 'Gay pride' events and not be gay.

With regards to the OP. I don't think Swinging is at the same level as marches on LGBT. The reason I say this is that Swinging is a choice we make. You don't choose your sexual orientation. Therefore, whilst not socially accepted by all- I don't feel there needs to be a march for Swinging pride.

Sarah"

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Maybe there will be a pride for sexual liberation. I think Gay Pride is for everyone, as equality benefits us all. The Soho gay pub bombing shows that there are those who would exterminate what they _iew as deviants, and the wrong people in power can move things in the wrong directions.

"Maybe there will be a pride for sexual liberation. I think Gay Pride is for everyone, as equality benefits us all. The Soho gay pub bombing shows that there are those who would exterminate what they _iew as deviants, and the wrong people in power can move things in the wrong directions. "

Very well said....just look at Russia & India

» Add a new message to this topic