FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Save the NHS or controversial...

Save the NHS or controversial...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ushroom7 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

It has often been said that Obesity is the new pandemic that will kill the NHS.

So i thought "Should a Driving Licence be restricted to those people with a BMI of less than 35"

so that those over BMI of 35 first have to do some walking to qualify, and thus save the NHS and fossil fuel in the process?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

what a muppet , im diabetic and PART of my obesity os due to my medication , i drive yet i walk a 4mile round trip 6 days a week for excerise , NHS wot a laugh what about all the smokers that end up on the operating tables or 1 in 3 transplants that end up going to alcohol dependant patients

Might have been good to explain BMI?

Quite frankly i dont think anyone like those that are obese or those that smoke, for that matter, should get help from the NHS as these groups did it all by themselves, no-one forced them into scoffing so much food or smoking and besides, the NHS waste enough money as it is, in office based jobs instead of nursing staff and doctors

is this another crackpot

idea by government to get ppl out of there cars and onto the hopeless public transport system .

Thats the difference though in you cannot help it, in my comment, i am solely talking about those that get overweight all by themselves. And agree, i forgot alcoholics too

I am sure there are a lot of rugby players that have a high BMI wouldn't like your suggestion. People are overweight for alot of reasons and yes obesity does cost the NHS alot of money, but so does smoking and alcohol. You want to ban them too.

yes i do agree , but im classed as obese with a bmi of 40 , i am trying to keep of insulin for as long as possible so have to cope with a cocktail of meds to keep blood sugars under control , sadly an issue with this is that i have put on 5 stone 3 ilbs , now whilst im very unhappy aboutit my bloods are what they should be and as i walk and go to the gym my blood pressure is normal as is my cholesterol level so in your opinion do i deserve no help ????

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

So i thought "Should a Driving Licence be restricted to those people with a BMI of less than 35"

so that those over BMI of 35 first have to do some walking to qualify, and thus save the NHS and fossil fuel in the process?"

Yeah good idea.... then all the twiglets can stop walking and get fat too!

Don’t start on us poor smokers please, it’s a well-known fact that we already pay more to the NHS via duty than it costs the NHS to treat smoking related illnesses

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"

so that those over BMI of 35 first have to do some walking to qualify, and thus save the NHS and fossil fuel in the process?"

Its a point of view but why restrict it to one group of people? Maybe the government should make exercise compulsory for the whole of the population in one form or another unless medically discharged from doing so.

If it happened i wonder what effect it would have on the demand for the NHS.

sorry just read your comment having a spanner moment lol

its not easy to loose the weight people put it on for many different reasons , depression , lonliness ect just as they turn to smoking and drink i think that cooking lessons need brining back to scools from an early age to teach children how to cook healthy meals , maybe how to grow veg in the garden ect if you look back to ww2 era we were probably at our healthiest due to all the rubbish we eat now not beeing around - sorry rant over lol

"what a muppet , im diabetic and PART of my obesity os due to my medication , i drive yet i walk a 4mile round trip 6 days a week for excerise , NHS wot a laugh what about all the smokers that end up on the operating tables or 1 in 3 transplants that end up going to alcohol dependant patients "

As a smoker, 80% of the price of my cigarettes is tax, over the course of my life (presuming i keep smoking) I will more than pay for the cost of my treatment. Besides, when i die early i will not cost masses of money in pensions and colostomy bags.

By *aughty_kittyWoman  over a year ago

finger licking good

too many excuses to be fat.... but ur aint allowed an excuse to somke... both are gonna kill ya.....

"Might have been good to explain BMI?

Quite frankly i dont think anyone like those that are obese or those that smoke, for that matter, should get help from the NHS as these groups did it all by themselves, no-one forced them into scoffing so much food or smoking and besides, the NHS waste enough money as it is, in office based jobs instead of nursing staff and doctors"

Why not take it one step further and ban those who have hereditary diseases from treatment... after all, their parents KNEW they'd get sick but still had them anyway!

Some of the attitudes displayed by so called intelligent people regarding selective NHS treatment makes my fookin blood boil!

We either have a free NHS available to all or we scrap the entire thing altogether. What's so fucking hard to understand about!!

"what a muppet , im diabetic and PART of my obesity os due to my medication , i drive yet i walk a 4mile round trip 6 days a week for excerise , NHS wot a laugh what about all the smokers that end up on the operating tables or 1 in 3 transplants that end up going to alcohol dependant patients

As a smoker, 80% of the price of my cigarettes is tax, over the course of my life (presuming i keep smoking) I will more than pay for the cost of my treatment. Besides, when i die early i will not cost masses of money in pensions and colostomy bags."

If cream buns and fat filled foods were taxed like cigarettes there would be a huge outroar!

"

Ooops - I forgot to mention how many 35+ BMI folk it would put out of work (because of needing a car for work) and thus costing a tad more to the tax payer in income support and other benefits.

"Might have been good to explain BMI?

Quite frankly i dont think anyone like those that are obese or those that smoke, for that matter, should get help from the NHS as these groups did it all by themselves, no-one forced them into scoffing so much food or smoking and besides, the NHS waste enough money as it is, in office based jobs instead of nursing staff and doctors

Why not take it one step further and ban those who have hereditary diseases from treatment... after all, their parents KNEW they'd get sick but still had them anyway!

Some of the attitudes displayed by so called intelligent people regarding selective NHS treatment makes my fookin blood boil!

We either have a free NHS available to all or we scrap the entire thing altogether. What's so fucking hard to understand about!! "

It's OK ... cancer patients tend to be quite slim, so they can still drive to the hospital for their oh so cheap chemo.

"what a muppet , im diabetic and PART of my obesity os due to my medication , i drive yet i walk a 4mile round trip 6 days a week for excerise , NHS wot a laugh what about all the smokers that end up on the operating tables or 1 in 3 transplants that end up going to alcohol dependant patients

As a smoker, 80% of the price of my cigarettes is tax, over the course of my life (presuming i keep smoking) I will more than pay for the cost of my treatment. Besides, when i die early i will not cost masses of money in pensions and colostomy bags.

If cream buns and fat filled foods were taxed like cigarettes there would be a huge outroar! "

Yet if you had actually read the rest it explains why some peeps in my postion are obese and as i dont like cream cakes or chocolate for me tax them

If cream buns and fat filled foods were taxed like cigarettes there would be a huge outroar!

Yet if you had actually read the rest it explains why some peeps in my postion are obese and as i dont like cream cakes or chocolate for me tax them "

Hey take a chill pill. Nothing aimed at you personalty but no one needs to be over weight if they burn off all the calories they eat. I choose to go to the gym 2 hrs a day others don't.

I was commenting on taxing food!

"sorry just read your comment having a spanner moment lol

its not easy to loose the weight people put it on for many different reasons , depression , lonliness ect just as they turn to smoking and drink i think that cooking lessons need brining back to scools from an early age to teach children how to cook healthy meals , maybe how to grow veg in the garden ect if you look back to ww2 era we were probably at our healthiest due to all the rubbish we eat now not beeing around - sorry rant over lol "

Definitely agree with you there on the cookery lessons, whilst baking a cake may not be ideal, least i have some idea what a cooker is for, my daughter made pizza with a ready made base and most of her cookery lessons were not practical lessons but all written rubbish hence she is hopeless in the kitche

Yet if you had actually read the rest it explains why some peeps in my postion are obese and as i dont like cream cakes or chocolate for me tax them

Hey take a chill pill. Nothing aimed at you personalty but no one needs to be over weight if they burn off all the calories they eat. I choose to go to the gym 2 hrs a day others don't.

I was commenting on taxing food!

"

Remember not all of us can afford a gym so your idea of choice is not mine ie i would choose to go to a gym if i could afford it, i dont choose not to because i cant be arsed. Besides ive gotten into walking the 4 miles to work, thoroughly enjoying it too, plus working pub shifts, ive lost a stone in the last 2 years, not cost me a penny either

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

lmao my bmi is over 35 and i dont hold a driving license i walk everywhere. Maybe i should be banned from public transport while where at it

how can over weight folks be blamed lol what about all the people that arrive here and have never paid taxes in this country lol ???

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"ive lost a stone in the last 2 years"

Good for you

Watch those breasts don't shrink tho!

i agree with gym memberships at some places with silly monthly fees for many it is a another thing that they cant afford and my issue is if you did what original poster said re cars well how would you get to gym in the first place ??????? i have to go in the car to drive the 15 miles to the gym to the excercise to loose the weight hence why i took up the walking , taxing food fine if your going to tax all the rubbish pre packed stuff loaded with salt calories , but this then has the effect on no one to buy the products so therefore there is a fall in demand which results in job loses so where does it end , xx

im not being touchy or need to take any chill pills i just think that sometimes its harder to do than say with weight , smoking drinking they can all be addictions , the way i think is changing attitudes through re education , starting at school

Im very overweight im diabetic plus have another illness i have to take major amounts of medication everyday. Im not using this as an excuse for being overweight but it takes its toll when trying to loose weight. I dont eat chocolate, i dont eat cream cakes and rarely have fried or greasy food, my problem is portion control rather than eating crap food. When i went for my last mot at the doctors my blood pressure was perfect as was my colestral. Lets add people with high colestral to the least i mean its obvious they eat unhealthy greasy food to have a high blood pressure and colestral

[Removed by poster at 11/06/10 15:38:38]

birmingham

Cough, cough, I thought this site was all about having fun!!

Oohh and short peeps like me let's add them ta the list cause they are more likley ta get trod on xx

So lets deny NHS treatment to the following ... (feel free to add a group as you see fit)

alcoholics (or those who drink too much) .. obese or overweight people .. smokers .. drug addicts .. people with medical conditions that make them dependant on regular NHS treatment .. anyone who doesn't work and contribute to the economy .. immigrants .. people who don't exercise.

There won't be many left to treat will there? The NHS was set up as a health service with free medical care for all (yes I realise we make contributions) .... Nye Bevan would be turning in his grave!!

"Cough, cough, I thought this site was all about having fun!! "

Na this is Fabwingers lol think you on about Fabswingers xx

"Cough, cough, I thought this site was all about having fun!!

Na this is Fabwingers lol think you on about Fabswingers xx "

Anyway i know im a fat fucker but i can still shag all night and as this is a swinging site thats all that matters on here

birmingham

Na this is Fabwingers lol think you on about Fabswingers xx "

hahahahhaha fabwingers love it

the problem with the NHS is that originally it was started with the " cradle to grave " stance , as it sarted life expectancy was much lower so it didnt have the costs it has today ,

these days we have an aging population , much higher life expectancy and drugs that cure , and prolong certain illness adn diesease also i think there is a lot of mis management within the structure of the NHS and that it needs to go back to basics

Anyway i know im a fat fucker but i can still shag all night and as this is a swinging site thats all that matters on here "

well that makes 2 of us then lol

jeez...I'm an overweight immigrant on benefits...shall I just shoot myself now ?lol

"jeez...I'm an overweight immigrant on benefits...shall I just shoot myself now ?lol"

not unless you drink smoke eat cakes dont excersise or have a life expectancy above 70

"jeez...I'm an overweight immigrant on benefits...shall I just shoot myself now ?lol

not unless you drink smoke eat cakes dont excersise or have a life expectancy above 70 "

well...drink on occasion,don;'t smoke, not a sweets eater really...walk with my 3 kids everywhere as I don't drive....can't quite on the life expectancy though...lol

"So lets deny NHS treatment to the following ... (feel free to add a group as you see fit)

alcoholics (or those who drink too much) .. obese or overweight people .. smokers .. drug addicts .. people with medical conditions that make them dependant on regular NHS treatment .. anyone who doesn't work and contribute to the economy .. immigrants .. people who don't exercise.

There won't be many left to treat will there? The NHS was set up as a health service with free medical care for all (yes I realise we make contributions) .... Nye Bevan would be turning in his grave!!"

You missed the over 60's as they are the highest prescription users... so it follows they are the sickest people. Actually can we make that 50+ as I bet they start getting ill before they hit 60.

[Removed by poster at 11/06/10 15:52:51]

"So lets deny NHS treatment to the following ... (feel free to add a group as you see fit)

There won't be many left to treat will there? The NHS was set up as a health service with free medical care for all (yes I realise we make contributions) .... Nye Bevan would be turning in his grave!!

You missed the over 60's as they are the highest prescription users... so it follows they are the sickest people. Actually can we make that 50+ as I bet they start getting ill before they hit 60."

Oh and if you don't brush your teeth twice a day .... no dental care.

Why do people allow themselves to be manipulated into getting defensive and feel they have justify themselves to others?!!

There are a myriad of ways to save money, but it wouldn't get a rise out of people thus providing amusement for someone on a dull Friday afternoon!

You missed the over 60's as they are the highest prescription users... so it follows they are the sickest people. Actually can we make that 50+ as I bet they start getting ill before they hit 60.

Oh and if you don't brush your teeth twice a day .... no dental care."

Actually 'they' now say you have a greater risk of heart disease if you don't brush your teeth twice per day... so you have a point... add them to the list!

Oh and if you don't brush your teeth twice a day .... no dental care.

Actually 'they' now say you have a greater risk of heart disease if you don't brush your teeth twice per day... so you have a point... add them to the list!"

I'm not binning the stiletto's in case I get bad ankles though ... no way ... never!!

Anyway i know im a fat fucker but i can still shag all night and as this is a swinging site thats all that matters on here "

I used to attend a keep fit class run by a woman who must have been at least a size 18, knocked socks off me, slimmish i maybe but oh so unfit, must have more sex, doesnt cost to travel then, cant get pregnant, free munch and dont smoke for a couple of hours

Anyway i know im a fat fucker but i can still shag all night and as this is a swinging site thats all that matters on here

I used to attend a keep fit class run by a woman who must have been at least a size 18, knocked socks off me, slimmish i maybe but oh so unfit, must have more sex, doesnt cost to travel then, cant get pregnant, free munch and dont smoke for a couple of hours "

yes I am hoping to have a few work outs this weekend

» Add a new message to this topic