FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fashion Faux pas

Fashion Faux pas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Inspired by the recent list of what women dislike that men wear and vice- versa ,I thought I'd add my own observations.

Before I start this is my view and no offence meant , and we have all done them at some time

Male fashion No no's

1. Crocs, these are for kids and no matter how comfy should be avoided especially in pastels colours like pinks.. Generally worn by men whose wives buy all thier clothes in places like Matalan or Asda

2. Black trackies, and black velcra trainers - where do I start !!

3. Baseball Caps - Americans can British should avoid unless sunbathing

4. Black Shirts - This is a personal thing , but makes u look pasty unless your ultra tanned

5. Bright socks with disney / simpsons logos ... not funny , not a statement of your zany character , avoid

6. Shirts that dont cover your "ample" stomach - Attended a course years back where the 20 stone plus tutor wore a shirt that didnt cover all the way to his trousers, still scarred to this day

7 Top button fastened and no tie- a la Gavin and Stacey looks like your struggling to breathe

8 Noel Edmonds pattened shirts - Now these are acceptable with a t shirt under , left open and with shorts etc on hot days. But tucked in your jeans and buttoned up - NO !

9 Unfunny T shirts slogans - When we have read em once they just grate - EG If you find please return to pub

10. Bobbleless bobble hats ..Its my age I think !, but they annoy me when worn in hot weather.Now if worn in middle of winter when temp never gets above -5 then fine and Ive been there , but in summer ... WHY?

Well that ten and ive discovered I got a reserve list too

Any commenst and dare I post another thread with female faux pas

Yours in jest

Gok Wan

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Inspired by the recent list of what women dislike that men wear and vice- versa ,I thought I'd add my own observations.

Before I start this is my view and no offence meant , and we have all done them at some time

Male fashion No no's

1. Crocs, these are for kids and no matter how comfy should be avoided especially in pastels colours like pinks.. Generally worn by men whose wives buy all thier clothes in places like Matalan or Asda

2. Black trackies, and black velcra trainers - where do I start !!

3. Baseball Caps - Americans can British should avoid unless sunbathing

4. Black Shirts - This is a personal thing , but makes u look pasty unless your ultra tanned

5. Bright socks with disney / simpsons logos ... not funny , not a statement of your zany character , avoid

6. Shirts that dont cover your "ample" stomach - Attended a course years back where the 20 stone plus tutor wore a shirt that didnt cover all the way to his trousers, still scarred to this day

7 Top button fastened and no tie- a la Gavin and Stacey looks like your struggling to breathe

8 Noel Edmonds pattened shirts - Now these are acceptable with a t shirt under , left open and with shorts etc on hot days. But tucked in your jeans and buttoned up - NO !

9 Unfunny T shirts slogans - When we have read em once they just grate - EG If you find please return to pub

10. Bobbleless bobble hats ..Its my age I think !, but they annoy me when worn in hot weather.Now if worn in middle of winter when temp never gets above -5 then fine and Ive been there , but in summer ... WHY?

Well that ten and ive discovered I got a reserve list too

Any commenst and dare I post another thread with female faux pas

Yours in jest

Gok Wan"

Dear Wok,

Thanks for describing my Wardorobe on an open Forum

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

socks with sandals

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"socks with sandals "

the choice of the old or the over intellectual ...

» Add a new message to this topic