FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > jezza WHAT?!

jezza WHAT?!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

watching kyle (yes, yes...we can deal with hat issue later) and on the show is a 'mother' wh's children were removed from her care and handed to her mother when one child was bruised by her partner.

when asked why she didn't do anything to protect her children she answered "if i had done anything eh would have had a go at me"

I wont ever understand domestic violence, but I'd stand in front of any person that wanted to lay one finger on my kids and od help them if they did it when my back was turned

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"watching kyle "

Sorry, you lost me at this point.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes, I agree. A person we knew wouldn't leave her husband no matter that he abused her not only physically but mentally...........but the day he went to lift a finger to one of her kids was the day she picked herself and the kids up, walked out of the door and has started a new life for herself.

"Yes, I agree. A person we knew wouldn't leave her husband no matter that he abused her not only physically but mentally...........but the day he went to lift a finger to one of her kids was the day she picked herself and the kids up, walked out of the door and has started a new life for herself.

"

good on her! I was raised in a violent house and boy, does it make me a determined bitch. i think i have less tolerence of others who endure it though because of this...i guess i know how it affects the kids. Pleased she got away from it x

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Yes, I agree. A person we knew wouldn't leave her husband no matter that he abused her not only physically but mentally...........but the day he went to lift a finger to one of her kids was the day she picked herself and the kids up, walked out of the door and has started a new life for herself.

good on her! I was raised in a violent house and boy, does it make me a determined bitch. i think i have less tolerence of others who endure it though because of this...i guess i know how it affects the kids. Pleased she got away from it x"

To be honest I always thought the same as you, I used to sit there and say why the hell is she not leaving, why would you want to stay in that situation.....and if I am honest, I also used to think she wasn't thinking of her kids , as their life must have been hell listening to her being beaten or spoke to like shit........but I think a lot of abused people ( I won't say women as there are men who get abused too) put up with it as they think things will change, as the OH has said sorry the day after...so they stay.

Then something like the woman I am talking about is like a light switch in your head and you change things.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yes! here here!

good on her! I was raised in a violent house and boy, does it make me a determined bitch. i think i have less tolerence of others who endure it though because of this...i guess i know how it affects the kids. Pleased she got away from it x

To be honest I always thought the same as you, I used to sit there and say why the hell is she not leaving, why would you want to stay in that situation.....and if I am honest, I also used to think she wasn't thinking of her kids , as their life must have been hell listening to her being beaten or spoke to like shit........but I think a lot of abused people ( I won't say women as there are men who get abused too) put up with it as they think things will change, as the OH has said sorry the day after...so they stay.

Then something like the woman I am talking about is like a light switch in your head and you change things."

apprently, an abused partner will statistically take 56 beatings (shocking figure) before gaining the strength to leave the abuser. All based on having your confidence stripped away and how much it takes for a person to reach rock bottom before saying enough.

My closest friend was abused by her ex, the things he did to her were not only violent, but demeaning. He would actually go home in his lunch hour to beat her up and forced her to anorexia. Me and my partner 'kidnapped' her and had her immediately sectioned..she really was that bad by the time I got to her.

But I do often worry that the kids are the silent victims

ANY man lifted one finger to my child and he would be pickin his testicles out his throat with a toothpick!!

im grateful im a strong independent woman iv never felt the need to feel complete by having a man around the house, not dissing all you guys out there but i dont feel the need to have one on a full time basis.

iv seen the impact of domestic violence on both women and men and my heart goes out to anyone in that situation, yet again its something that is very underfunded xx

Just like the New GOVERMENT---UNDERfunded!!! tax cuts --cut backs!!

» Add a new message to this topic