FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Little birds

Little birds

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ugby 123 OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have just spent the last half an hour watching about 12 baby birds and a couple of mothers in the garden.

The tiny ones were at first sat in the blossom that had fallen and all you could see was their little heads and the mothers were coming back to feed them. Then they all got in the waterfall in the pond, they were flapping about everywhere, it looked so sweet..........then a big black fecking cat came out of the bushes and they all flew off, except for one baby who didn't move quite as fast.......the cat caught it, bit into it, dropped it on the floor and walked away.

Ruddy nasty cat !!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I have just spent the last half an hour watching about 12 baby birds and a couple of mothers in the garden.

The tiny ones were at first sat in the blossom that had fallen and all you could see was their little heads and the mothers were coming back to feed them. Then they all got in the waterfall in the pond, they were flapping about everywhere, it looked so sweet..........then a big black fecking cat came out of the bushes and they all flew off, except for one baby who didn't move quite as fast.......the cat caught it, bit into it, dropped it on the floor and walked away.

Ruddy nasty cat !!"

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

That's why you keep a Super-soaker on the window ledge, to teach them to stay away from your garden. (The cats, not the birds, obviously..)

By *ugby 123 OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"That's why you keep a Super-soaker on the window ledge, to teach them to stay away from your garden. (The cats, not the birds, obviously..)"

I might invest in one now wolf ! I couldn't get to the window fast enough to try and scare the birds away

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

[Removed by poster at 26/05/10 15:30:12]

its the cruel side of nature ,,, can kinda understand if the moggy was starving and hunting to survive ,, but its probably an overfed spoilt fucker ,,, just toying with the poor chick for fun ,,, my ex had a cat ,, she now has 4 ,,, and one day i opened the door to 5 dead blue tits ,,,, i was so angry i kicked the cat ,,, it realy upset me ,,,, her attitude was ,,,, its only nature ,,, fair enough ,,, my attitude is why have four cats , doing 4 times the slaughter to our hard pressed garden birds ,, ,, its not like they ( the cats ) provide us with anything other than vets bills , scratched furniture,and dead wildlife dumped randomly about the home ,,, sits back and waits to be vilified

i can bring my dog round if you like he likes cats, for breakfast.

see if its just nature then

bloody cats....have been going right off them this past few weeks...and now that

*sings

They always said that you knew best but

This little bird's fallen out of that nest now

I've got a feeling that it might have been blessed so

I've just got to put these wings to test

Wasn't Little Birds a collection of short erotic stories by Anais Nin?

"I have just spent the last half an hour watching about 12 baby birds and a couple of mothers in the garden.

Ruddy nasty cat !!"

Its just natural selection and survival of the fittest. Animals will die all over the world to predictors every day. Not pleasant to see but the meat your eating tonight was once alive.

with the small bird it was possibly the weakest and less likely to survive anyway.

"Wasn't Little Birds a collection of short erotic stories by Anais Nin?"

oh i had forgotten about that! i used to have it..wonderful! lent it to a frend...hm! ex-friend!

i hate cats but the dog loves chasin them out the garden!!

i wind it up sayin wheres they bloody cheety cats it goes daft runnin about the garden.. last time it ran a bit up a tree and postie had to get it down!!

i dont think she would hurt a cat , as they run faster than her lol xx

"Wasn't Little Birds a collection of short erotic stories by Anais Nin?

oh i had forgotten about that! i used to have it..wonderful! lent it to a frend...hm! ex-friend!"

Funny you should write that.

I introduced Anais Nin to a woman I was going to meet. Then her father took seriously ill.

That's left me with two copies as a result.

She has a very strong influence on a number of women.

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

"Its just natural selection and survival of the fittest. Animals will die all over the world to predictors every day. Not pleasant to see but the meat your eating tonight was once alive.

with the small bird it was possibly the weakest and less likely to survive anyway."

But it's not natural selection, it's un-natural selection. That bird wasn't preyed upon by a starving predator, it was killed for fun by a bored cat. By your definition, if I stand with my shotgun and kill every bird that flies over, tough on them, survival of the fittest?

Cats kill millions of wild birds in the UK every year, not many are doing it to survive. Every cat owner should be made, by Law, to fit their cat with a collar and bell, to at least give the wild bird population a chance.

As for the poster whose ex had 4 cats.....well, I might just understand why she's an ex. A woman's sanity is inversely proportional to the number of cats she owns. (Not to mention a house that stinks of cat piss)

why am i quoting previous poster when i try to add new message by clicking at bottom, lol

Anyway, Pheasants, we have a male and a female been feeding here for weeks, and a Woodpecker as well and lots of other birdies.

Stray cats and foxes as well, we feed them all.

Wish I could upload some pics

woops, didnt quote after all, sorry

» Add a new message to this topic