FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > to my english friends....

to my english friends....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

tonite on sky channel 971 at 10.35 pm there is a programme on showing an area 40 mins from me in a documentary programme about life in a scottish housing scheme, as many of you know im a gobby git about poverty and inequality etc so if you would like to take a wee peek and see what things are like up here feel free!! its grim but entertaining but also accurate!!

oh and you can use the subtitles for those who may not understand the language barrier!!

its called the scheme xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I truck up Scotland often, and I still cant understand what they say half the time, lol..... pity Im working tonight Mizz, or I would of watched it. I did see something about it in the Scottish sun though... sounds like Scottish Shameless, lol...

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

Perhaps we should send you some more of our tax money to make things a bit more comfortable for you?

perhaps you should fuck right off and remember we are still part of the union??

"I truck up Scotland often, and I still cant understand what they say half the time, lol..... pity Im working tonight Mizz, or I would of watched it. I did see something about it in the Scottish sun though... sounds like Scottish Shameless, lol... "

yeah the sun had a field day with it!! its actually good at showing what things are like in britain nowadays for some people and not just in scotland, there bits like the one in the programme up and down the country x

"Perhaps we should send you some more of our tax money to make things a bit more comfortable for you? "

oh and sorry not forgetting.... we actually pay tax etc too xx

warwickshire

OOOOoooohh, touchy! He he, indeed you are, but if you want to make your own laws, you should raise your own taxes and pay your own way. Can't have it both ways, you're in or you're out, and either way is fine as far as I'm concerned. It's wanting the best of both worlds that gets on my tits.

Just IMHO, of course, and I doubt I'll be getting a call from the new Govt to be foreign ambassador to Pictland, so it matters not.

Hang on, the phone's ringing.....

"OOOOoooohh, touchy! He he, indeed you are, but if you want to make your own laws, you should raise your own taxes and pay your own way. Can't have it both ways, you're in or you're out, and either way is fine as far as I'm concerned. It's wanting the best of both worlds that gets on my tits.

Just IMHO, of course, and I doubt I'll be getting a call from the new Govt to be foreign ambassador to Pictland, so it matters not.

Hang on, the phone's ringing....."

funnily enough not all of us want independence??? same as not all the english are beer swilling lager louts??

nice mr cameron is devolving more powers so there is less interference from westminster and we can can make some laws that are more relevant to us and some that are likely not worth the paper they are written on the same also applies to wales and northern ireland but as i dont live there im really not concerned!! sweeping generalisations are so last season ........

warwickshire

Aw, come on, where would this board be without uninformed comment and "this bloke down the pub told me" views?

By *illow and talkCouple  over a year ago

nr glasgow

"Perhaps we should send you some more of our tax money to make things a bit more comfortable for you? "
are you not getting mixed up here?some of britains biggest exports out of the country come from Scotland,ie oil whisky wool and butter.aquestion Winnie Ewan asked in Parliament in 1968 was,How much of the revenue made from Scotland goes back into Scotland.to date we are still waing for the answer

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Maybe should this have come up 40 years ago when the North Sea Oil deposits may have in fact have been to the sole benefit of the Scottish peoples?

I am guessing that if it had the same people who whinge about sending English taxes up to Scotland would be living a much poorer lifestyle in the year 2010?

And no....I am not Scottish, I am British...and a realist.

"Aw, come on, where would this board be without uninformed comment and "this bloke down the pub told me" views?"

yeah the same one with the piano playin penis..... x

Don't start the jocks off

nr glasgow

would that be from engerrlaaand????

"Maybe should this have come up 40 years ago when the North Sea Oil deposits may have in fact have been to the sole benefit of the Scottish peoples?

I am guessing that if it had the same people who whinge about sending English taxes up to Scotland would be living a much poorer lifestyle in the year 2010?

"

im scottish and british im dual nationality lol!!

back to the post, its a really interesting programme showing what life is really like for some in britain 2010 but also with some cringeworthy laughin bits!! xx

warwickshire

"Don't start the jocks off "

I know, I'm sorry, I'm really really sorry. I thought I'd just make a smartarse comment off the cuff, and I should have known better. We might have to send the Duke of Cumberland back in at this rate.

"I truck up Scotland often, and I still cant understand what they say half the time, lol..... pity Im working tonight Mizz, or I would of watched it. I did see something about it in the Scottish sun though... sounds like Scottish Shameless, lol...

yeah the sun had a field day with it!! its actually good at showing what things are like in britain nowadays for some people and not just in scotland, there bits like the one in the programme up and down the country x"

Aint there a few families under the spotlight? It does look like good viewing, just a pity I'll be working

We should build another wall

nr glasgow

"Maybe should this have come up 40 years ago when the North Sea Oil deposits may have in fact have been to the sole benefit of the Scottish peoples?

back to the post, its a really interesting programme showing what life is really like for some in britain 2010 but also with some cringeworthy laughin bits!! xx"

secret millionaire exposed some really poverty stricken areas of engerrrlaaand

"I truck up Scotland often, and I still cant understand what they say half the time, lol..... pity Im working tonight Mizz, or I would of watched it. I did see something about it in the Scottish sun though... sounds like Scottish Shameless, lol...

yeah the sun had a field day with it!! its actually good at showing what things are like in britain nowadays for some people and not just in scotland, there bits like the one in the programme up and down the country x

Aint there a few families under the spotlight? It does look like good viewing, just a pity I'll be working"

aye a few of them all gob no brain... police investigating and the fraud squad!!! ! the really galling bit is that the area its filmed in was one of the best schemes in the 70's/80's now its a dumpin ground for all of societies problems xx

back to the post, its a really interesting programme showing what life is really like for some in britain 2010 but also with some cringeworthy laughin bits!! xxsecret millionaire exposed some really poverty stricken areas of engerrrlaaand"

everywhere hasa bit like it , its just good to see somethin like this from a scottish perspective xx

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

back to the post, its a really interesting programme showing what life is really like for some in britain 2010 but also with some cringeworthy laughin bits!! xxsecret millionaire exposed some really poverty stricken areas of engerrrlaaand"

It's England

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Aint there a few families under the spotlight? It does look like good viewing, just a pity I'll be working"

Channel 971 is BBC One Scotland, so there's a chance it'll be available on the iPlayer afterwards. Worth a look when you're not working.

nr glasgow

back to the post, its a really interesting programme showing what life is really like for some in britain 2010 but also with some cringeworthy laughin bits!! xxsecret millionaire exposed some really poverty stricken areas of engerrrlaaand

It's England"

must just be the dialect then because everytime i hear engerrrrlaaand engerrrlaaand engerrrlaaand when the crowds are about

Aint there a few families under the spotlight? It does look like good viewing, just a pity I'll be working

Channel 971 is BBC One Scotland, so there's a chance it'll be available on the iPlayer afterwards. Worth a look when you're not working."

Nice one matey, thats what I'll be doing tomorrow more than likely, before I start work....

its also on virgin 862 i think same time x

I'll have a good flick around mz, oooer I love giving a good flicking, lol... I'll be watching for the jocks eating irish pancakes aswell, lmao

"I'll have a good flick around mz, oooer I love giving a good flicking, lol... I'll be watching for the jocks eating irish pancakes aswell, lmao "

somehow i dont think many of these ones would get in the doors at marks and spencer...but it is the shoplifters shop of choice about here lol!! xx

"I'll have a good flick around mz, oooer I love giving a good flicking, lol... I'll be watching for the jocks eating irish pancakes aswell, lmao

somehow i dont think many of these ones would get in the doors at marks and spencer...but it is the shoplifters shop of choice about here lol!! xx"

I'll have to talk to a shoplifter about buying some cheap pancakes then, lol

"I'll have a good flick around mz, oooer I love giving a good flicking, lol... I'll be watching for the jocks eating irish pancakes aswell, lmao

somehow i dont think many of these ones would get in the doors at marks and spencer...but it is the shoplifters shop of choice about here lol!! xx

I'll have to talk to a shoplifter about buying some cheap pancakes then, lol "

tight git¬!!!! xx

tight git¬!!!! xx"

It's dealing with you Jocks, the tightness rubs off on me, lmao

tight git¬!!!! xx

It's dealing with you Jocks, the tightness rubs off on me, lmao "

bet it not the only thing you try n rub....... x

tight git¬!!!! xx

bet it not the only thing you try n rub....... x"

If I wasn't bald n married, I'd hope you'd be finding out, lol

tight git¬!!!! xx

If I wasn't bald n married, I'd hope you'd be finding out, lol "

not even for a lifetimes supply of irish pancakes lol!!! xx

tight git¬!!!! xx

not even for a lifetimes supply of irish pancakes lol!!! xx "

Pmsl... I'll throw in some deli chicken aswell...

tight git¬!!!! xx

not even for a lifetimes supply of irish pancakes lol!!! xx

Pmsl... I'll throw in some deli chicken aswell... "

yuck!!!!!!!! x

Not a bad idea.. then maybe we could fish in our own seas, profit from our own oil & gas & charge for the water that we send down to you lot! lol

Mr.C

If you don't want to watch it, don't bother.

The OP wasn't asking for a Scottish/English debate. If you want that go and start your own bloody thread.

Anyway, i shall be watching the second part tonight. I see the local MP was on the radio today ridiculing the program as it showed the area in a bad light and said there are good things about the area and the community. FFS there is another 5 programs to go, could he not had waited till the end before passing judgement.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

perhaps they should keep all the north sea oil + gas revenue leave the union and become one of the richest small nations in the EU ?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i will record it darlin xxx

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

"Perhaps we should send you some more of our tax money to make things a bit more comfortable for you?

perhaps they should keep all the north sea oil + gas revenue leave the union and become one of the richest small nations in the EU ?"

scotland still gets money from the uk plus wants its independance

cake and eating it comes to mind

"Perhaps we should send you some more of our tax money to make things a bit more comfortable for you?

perhaps they should keep all the north sea oil + gas revenue leave the union and become one of the richest small nations in the EU ?"

Aye but how long can the oil last before there's not a drop?

I just wish wee turd face Salmond would fuck off out the country.

He is an embarrassment and so are all his flock of wasters.

We are part of the Union but when i'm abroad on holiday i'm Scottish

perhaps they should keep all the north sea oil + gas revenue leave the union and become one of the richest small nations in the EU ?

Aye but how long can the oil last before there's not a drop?"

and then what indeed

By *onny BonesMan  over a year ago

a block away from heaven

whoa this thread started off nice and interesting then polotics?! Back to the op.... I'll definately try to catch it. Even just to hear the dialect,I have a thing for women with exotic accents!!!!

"whoa this thread started off nice and interesting then polotics?! Back to the op.... I'll definately try to catch it. Even just to hear the dialect,I have a thing for women with exotic accents!!!! "

it always decends into it!! scotlands the usual easy target when some of the hardline english want to have a rant they seem to forget we are actually attached to england, and its only a small amount of scots who actually want independence but we all lumped in together

probably be the same if wales and ireland were more vocal about it!!

the accents on this wont be exotic lol!! xx

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"whoa this thread started off nice and interesting then polotics?! Back to the op.... I'll definately try to catch it. Even just to hear the dialect,I have a thing for women with exotic accents!!!!

it always decends into it!! scotlands the usual easy target when some of the hardline english want to have a rant they seem to forget we are actually attached to england, and its only a small amount of scots who actually want independence but we all lumped in together

probably be the same if wales and ireland were more vocal about it!!

the accents on this wont be exotic lol!! xx"

a lot of scots have made the ultimate sacrifice for britain ...no need to convince me ...its a great place with great people ....will record it tonight

ta for the info x

The rest of the series after tonight have been postponed to a later date pending legal action following the arrest of a person not yet seen on screen in the series.

"The rest of the series after tonight have been postponed to a later date pending legal action following the arrest of a person not yet seen on screen in the series.

"

oh for god sakes!! it was filmed about 18 months ago i think surely all court cases should have been heard! x

"The rest of the series after tonight have been postponed to a later date pending legal action following the arrest of a person not yet seen on screen in the series.

oh for god sakes!! it was filmed about 18 months ago i think surely all court cases should have been heard! x"

I read it from a link on another forum

oh for god sakes!! it was filmed about 18 months ago i think surely all court cases should have been heard! x

I read it from a link on another forum "

facebook?? x

facebook?? x"

No, a Rangers fans forum

facebook?? x

No, a Rangers fans forum "

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! doesnt surprise me!! xx

a block away from heaven

"The rest of the series after tonight have been postponed to a later date pending legal action following the arrest of a person not yet seen on screen in the series. oh for god sakes!! it was filmed about 18 months ago i think surely all court cases should have been heard! x I read it from a link on another forum "
guess the most exotic accent I'll hear all night is Peggy Mitchell thank the beeb for eastenders

I like the accent

hope to avoid the wrath of the scottish lady xx

I read it from a link on another forum guess the most exotic accent I'll hear all night is Peggy Mitchell thank the beeb for eastenders "

i think tonites is still on so have no fear lol xx

a block away from heaven

"The rest of the series after tonight have been postponed to a later date pending legal action following the arrest of a person not yet seen on screen in the series. oh for god sakes!! it was filmed about 18 months ago i think surely all court cases should have been heard! x I read it from a link on another forum guess the most exotic accent I'll hear all night is Peggy Mitchell thank the beeb for eastenders i think tonites is still on so have no fear lol xx"
You guys are teasing me now! Vaseline comes back out of the special drawer

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

"tonite on sky channel 971 at 10.35 pm there is a programme on showing an area 40 mins from me in a documentary programme about life in a scottish housing scheme, as many of you know im a gobby git about poverty and inequality etc so if you would like to take a wee peek and see what things are like up here feel free!! its grim but entertaining but also accurate!!

oh and you can use the subtitles for those who may not understand the language barrier!!

its called the scheme xx"

What about your Welsh friends?

In response to some of the other posts a few questions

1) Where does the tax I pay on petrol go?

2) Where does the tax I pay on ciggies go?

3) Where does the tax I pay on alcohol go?

4) Where does the VAT I pay go?

Plus all the other VAT and taxes

I bet it doesn't stay in Wales

and people wonder why I'll be cheering for Mexico

english,welsh,irish i love em all!! xx

Bridgend

"english,welsh,irish i love em all!! xx "

luvs ya too xx

"english,welsh,irish i love em all!! xx

luvs ya too xx "

i think you will like the programme we seem to sing off the same sheet at times!! x

Two of the main characters have been arrested and spent time inside since the filming of the programme.

Strathclyde Police also have a dossier on every person living on that scheme now since it has been aired.

The Election was weeks ago guys can we bin the racial comments on here regarding Nationalism between the 4 nations.

Last time I checked we were still the United Kingdom.

there no characters they are real people.. it was a bit dumb airin some of the stuff they did on tv!!

must be some size of dossier there over 1000 people live there!!

and there are some good people , and i hope they show them tonite, the ones fightin to keep the community together and the ones who do abide by the law xx

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

"Perhaps we should send you some more of our tax money to make things a bit more comfortable for you? are you not getting mixed up here?some of britains biggest exports out of the country come from Scotland,ie oil whisky wool and butter.aquestion Winnie Ewan asked in Parliament in 1968 was,How much of the revenue made from Scotland goes back into Scotland.to date we are still waing for the answer "

The last time i looked at the Scottish Executive website it gave the figures for 2004.

Apparently the disparity between what Scotland spent and the revenue raised in Scotland was 3.5 times the size of the revenue raised from North Sea Oil. In other words the oil money didn't cover the disparity.

Of course under the current agreement Scotland receives proportionally less each yr so i've no idea how it would work out now.

The interesting (to me at least) fact was that under the terms of a seperation of the Union Scotland would receive 95% of the oil revenue & England would receive 5%.

However, England would receive 95% of the gas revenue & Scotland 5%.

Bridgend

"english,welsh,irish i love em all!! xx

luvs ya too xx

i think you will like the programme we seem to sing off the same sheet at times!! x"

I'm sure I will, I've spent many yeras working for and in disadvantaged communities.

[Removed by poster at 25/05/10 22:43:29]

its sad to see it and to be honest a bit embarrasin but its the same old!! i used to get sent to that scheme for my summer holiday and it was great xx

Bridgend

"its sad to see it and to be honest a bit embarrasin but its the same old!! i used to get sent to that scheme for my summer holiday and it was great xx"

It sure is but it can be difficult for people to give a shit about their communities when they've so much going on within their own four walls. I think we all know areas like the scheme. You must let me know when they show the next 2 episodes.

But if you don't give a flying one about "your community" then you're surely not a member of! Born in Yorkshire, got "on my bike" last time the Tories were in an position to fook the North I moved south. My lovely big bro opened squats in Balham then Shoreditch for the disenfranchised. But all of this eventually fooks your head! My kids don't have the family around them that they should have grown up with, no support network! I gave up counting the miles between me and my nearest relative! Support the regions, I beg! xxx

"But if you don't give a flying one about "your community" then you're surely not a member of! Born in Yorkshire, got "on my bike" last time the Tories were in an position to fook the North I moved south. My lovely big bro opened squats in Balham then Shoreditch for the disenfranchised. But all of this eventually fooks your head! My kids don't have the family around them that they should have grown up with, no support network! I gave up counting the miles between me and my nearest relative! Support the regions, I beg! xxx"

as soon as they say they broadcasting the next shows il let you know. its delayed because of a court case!

there is a strong sense of community there but for the people its like banging your head off a wall, anyone who is evicted for whatever, gets dumped in there because no one wants the houses because of the state they are in and then high unemployment etc its a vicious circle! x

"its also on virgin 862 i think same time x"

I was going to ask that question.looking forward to watching it xx

"tonite on sky channel 971 at 10.35 pm there is a programme on showing an area 40 mins from me in a documentary programme about life in a scottish housing scheme, as many of you know im a gobby git about poverty and inequality etc so if you would like to take a wee peek and see what things are like up here feel free!! its grim but entertaining but also accurate!!

its called the scheme xx"

went to set to record on virgin channel and at 10:35 is national lottery draw...lol

lol!! its on bbc iplayer too x

"lol!! its on bbc iplayer too x"

what is it called?

the scheme x

"the scheme x"
thank you!!! off to iplayer I go

I think the program was brilliant, simply because it highlights the problems that every town and city across Britain face today due to drugs, drink, unemployment and neddish (Chav in England) attitude.

While its mainly shown the rougher side of life there are some who still have community spirit and some who are battling hard to get back to normality.

It would be wrong for us "privileged" people who have never had to face any of these problems to criticise as we really don't know what its like to be in their shoes.

"I think the program was brilliant, simply because it highlights the problems that every town and city across Britain face today due to drugs, drink, unemployment and neddish (Chav in England) attitude.

While its mainly shown the rougher side of life there are some who still have community spirit and some who are battling hard to get back to normality.

It would be wrong for us "privileged" people who have never had to face any of these problems to criticise as we really don't know what its like to be in their shoes. "

I also found it very interesting...although my Canadian ears did struggle with the accents sometimes...lol

warwickshire

" we really don't know what its like to be in their shoes. "

Trainers.

Oh Gawd! They even eat White Bread!

» Add a new message to this topic