FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Potential for change

Potential for change

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just before going off to work - for which I am grateful even though the prospect of staying in the garden is more attractive right now...

Are people capable of change?

No, I dont mean haircuts, weight loss, new make...

I mean in their personalities?

Have a good day everybody xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think so, to a degree....

have been out of work for a while, and having no transport, living in middle of nowhere etc etc means that I spend a lot of my time with just the animals for company

has been a time of reflection, and a passage of time where I have started to become more reclusive. Upshot is that I have become quieter and more introspective when I do go out

Once a bastard always a bastard many say! But In reality every one evolves throughout life. I am a little surprised you need to ask this question. The question should be do people want to change their personality.

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"I think so, to a degree....

have been out of work for a while, and having no transport, living in middle of nowhere etc etc means that I spend a lot of my time with just the animals for company

has been a time of reflection, and a passage of time where I have started to become more reclusive. Upshot is that I have become quieter and more introspective when I do go out"

yes i can empathise with that Stu,its the same when i had a spell of unemployment last year the effects were rapid ,both in terms of self esteem and in a wish to close off from engaging with others.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have changed so much since i was 20. Ive become far more confident but on the other hand i have calmed down so much. I used to be wild and i guess there will always be that streak in me. Also i guess ive become more responsible having brought a child into the world. But i was pretty wild in my younger days lol

"I have changed so much since i was 20. Ive become far more confident but on the other hand i have calmed down so much. I used to be wild and i guess there will always be that streak in me. Also i guess ive become more responsible having brought a child into the world. But i was pretty wild in my younger days lol"

was pretty wild n crazy too when i was younger....and not in what most people would call a good or a fun way....like to think that side of me is dead and buried now and that I am a completely different person to the one i was back then

People change all of the time even if it's only by growing up and Maturing

im a different person to the person i was say 10 or 15 years ago to even 5 years ago!

things happen that change you, sometimes for the worse sometimes for the better x

By *anfarMan  over a year ago

birmingham

I think people can change. To do it themselves can take a massive ammount of time/effort and dedication but sometimes something happens in their lives that does it for them and changes them overnight. For me the death of my mother changed me in a lot of ways, especially my priorities and outlook on life in general.

" The question should be do people want to change their personality."

Not sure I would refer to people as bastards other than in jest but : Yes, excellent idea - I will use that suggestion of yours for another thread

"I have changed so much since i was 20. Ive become far more confident but on the other hand i have calmed down so much. I used to be wild and i guess there will always be that streak in me. Also i guess ive become more responsible having brought a child into the world. But i was pretty wild in my younger days lol"

That was what I as aiming at with my original thread - precisely that.

I feel I have changed over the years and some of my juvenile prejudice and assumptions about other people has thankfully given way to a (hopefully) more mature and forgiving stance.

"People change all of the time even if it's only by growing up and Maturing "

I think we do - and growing up and maturing does not have to be all bad

"I think people can change. To do it themselves can take a massive ammount of time/effort and dedication but sometimes something happens in their lives that does it for them and changes them overnight. For me the death of my mother changed me in a lot of ways, especially my priorities and outlook on life in general."

Absolutely agree - a loss of a close friend of family member can have a profound effect on somebody's life and their personal and emotional development.

DO you feel you are a "better" person for that or just different?

I think I have hit my prime since I hit my 30s still got the personality but my confidence is through the roof. Still a party girl and think always will be.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I didnt change my personality over night. It just evolved. Still have the wild streak at times though

"I think I have hit my prime since I hit my 30s still got the personality but my confidence is through the roof. Still a party girl and think always will be."

My mum is still partying at 70 so I imagine I will be when I get to that age Keeps us young, dont you think?

"I didnt change my personality over night. It just evolved. Still have the wild streak at times though"

And dont loose that - ever- it is like an inner free spirited child - so healthy to have and be yourself.

» Add a new message to this topic