FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Legislation

Legislation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exetera OP   Woman  over a year ago

Bridgend

If you could get one piece of legislation through Parliament, what would it be?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"If you could get one piece of legislation through Parliament, what would it be?"

for me it would be a constitution ,for part of that constitution it would have the right for the nation to have self determination ..ie ...within the uk ,

uk law is and always will be supreme and independant .

ps nice question .

Bridgend

Mine would probably have to be an overhaul of the criminal justice system. Sentences that fit the crime, I know this will mean more prisons but our current system doesn't seem to be a great detterent. I'd also like to see those imprisoned on shorter sentences getting the same assistance as those with longer sentences. It appears those with shorter systems tend to reoffend and get embroiled in the revolving door of prison sentences. Rid our prisons of drugs, seems it's easier to have a doped up prison population.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Compulsory miniskirts and going commando for all women under 50 or 60 if they have good legs.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I would make Heroin legal, dispensed through government clinics.

Anyone found to be illegally importing Heroin to be given Minimum 25 year sentences and dealers a Minimum 15 year sentence...both with no parole.

This would cut down crime in many cities considerably....

to hand over all power to the European Council

Then I'd move to New Zealand

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Banning the moving of caravans by road between the hours of 7 am and midnight

Runs and hides

Formally banning the Conservative and Liberal Democrat Parties; sentencing all the Prime Minister and his Deputy and all cabinet members to death.

...and then abolishing the royal family and appointing Gordon Brown as non-executive President and Head of State

"Compulsory miniskirts and going commando for all women under 50 or 60 if they have good legs. "

and likewise ban them from doing so if they don't have good legs

oh yes...and ban ski pants

abolishing Manchester United, Leeds United and Chelsea; installing Southend United as permanent Premier League Champions

All parents who kill their children to serve the sentences they are dealt and afterwards to be taken to a remote and cold island somewhere in the arctic where they are sterilised to prevent them ever breeding again and then forced to live out the rest of their miserable lives preventing themselves from freezing.

..but more realistically, I'd like legislation that decreed what something costs on Jan 1 will cost the same on Dec 31 that same calendar year. Prices should rise once per year and no more than 2% above inflation.

Torquay

"..but more realistically, I'd like legislation that decreed what something costs on Jan 1 will cost the same on Dec 31 that same calendar year. Prices should rise once per year and no more than 2% above inflation."

Not possible with imports and fluctuations in foreign currency values against the Pound.

Well that's not neccessarily true as we've all seen petrol prices rise when oil prises rise or the pound falls, but we never see petrol prices fall when the reverse happens.

Torquay

It's absolutely true for any business that imports from countries within the Euro zone, if the Euro strengthens against the pound then prices are affected all the time.

Shipping costs on imports change all the time as well, it is now 12% more expensive to import goods from Switzerland than it was only a year ago.

So it would never work for businesses that import.

I concede that you are more aware of the fluctuations in FX and import/export prices, I'm merely making an off the cuff remark about the frustrations felt by most consumers who see petrol prices rise when oil prices rise, but never fall when the price per barrel falls.

Torquay

Petrol is a bit of a sod, the really sad reality is that if petrol tax was to be reduced by any UK government (as if!) in the future it wouldn't make pump prices any cheaper.

All it would mean is that petrol companies would make more profit per litre.

It's a lose, lose situation for the British consumer.

Ain't that the truth!

I am so looking forward to the day when there is a reliable network of recharge outlets for electic cars so we can tell the oil companies to piss off once and for all. Maybe in my lifetime, certainly in my children's.

Torquay

Totally agree, along with off shore windfarms and government funding increased for Solar Heating.

I would like to see free Solar Heating for housing where at least One child is under the age of 16 and the house value is under £500k.

I would make it illegal for any woman to drive, they would have to hitchhike everywhere...... would certainly brighten up my long truck journeys...

Bridgend

Some interesting legislative proposals coming through

Get rid of this American "Blame Claim" mentality nonsense.

Its crippling the leisure industry etc.

XXXX

» Add a new message to this topic