FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dumb Blonde Moment

Dumb Blonde Moment

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ebzStar OP   Woman  over a year ago

Notting

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

i have just realised, that with the election coming up and others getting their voting card, that i not got mine,

Reason being is i am of NFA at the moment, so not on the electoral role.

BUT - i am still on the one at my last proper residence.

Does that mean, that they will be able to use my card to go and vote????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Yes.

Look on the bright side, at least you'll have voted for someone.

Notting

"Yes.

Look on the bright side, at least you'll have voted for someone."

Serious????

Feck - i will have to drive all the way there and pretend i am a jovo and say i will leave em in peace if they give me a voting card, pmsl.

On a serious note tho - its too late now for me to do anything isnt it

By *ixplayMan  over a year ago

tamworth & Edinburgh

yes its a bit late now, the cut off point for registering was 20th april, my daughters 18th birthday is on 1st may & she cant vote either & it makes me wonder how many more arnt able to vote even though they should be able to, bloody red tape

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

cant you go on that register to vote website thing and change your address on there?

Notting

"cant you go on that register to vote website thing and change your address on there?"

Hello pretty lady!!!

If as above poster said cutoff was 20th - i am too fecking late.

WHY do i leave these things til last minute.

Not going anywhere near where i used to live for ages either - and certainly not before elecetions

Above poster - yes shame the kids who arent quite old enough cant vote - cos at the end of the day - it is their futures that are going to be affected.

BUT

When i was 18 and made my first vote - i copied my mum.

Looking back now not sure i wouldhave done that if it had been my decision based on my own knowledge.

Poss.

But i didnt know enought then and didnt have enough life experiences and thought i did not care about politics!!!

Thats the biggest laugh.

I still here that comment these days, oh i dont give a shit about politics.

You bloody SO DO - it affects every single thing you do

See petrol is £1.20 again alraedy!!! grrr

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"cant you go on that register to vote website thing and change your address on there?

Hello pretty lady!!!

If as above poster said cutoff was 20th - i am too fecking late.

WHY do i leave these things til last minute.

Not going anywhere near where i used to live for ages either - and certainly not before elecetions

Above poster - yes shame the kids who arent quite old enough cant vote - cos at the end of the day - it is their futures that are going to be affected.

BUT

When i was 18 and made my first vote - i copied my mum.

Looking back now not sure i wouldhave done that if it had been my decision based on my own knowledge.

Poss.

But i didnt know enought then and didnt have enough life experiences and thought i did not care about politics!!!

Thats the biggest laugh.

I still here that comment these days, oh i dont give a shit about politics.

You bloody SO DO - it affects every single thing you do

See petrol is £1.20 again alraedy!!! grrr"

hello there sexy boobs

have to say i have no idea who to vote for but know i need to vote as if you dont vot you cant then moan about the way things are run

some serious research is needed over the next week i reckon

Notting

Also

I learned that if you dont vote its not even counted.

where as if you cant choose who to vote - go and destroy your ballat paper - as that classes as a NONE vote.

A couple of times i destroyed my paper by ticking all of them or none of them, just cos i felt they were all as bad as each other - and felt that doing that was better than not voting at all.

Not sure if there is any truth in that - but i was told that and felt better going by that,

Soince then tho i have carefully looked andassessed and made my own decisions and even if half the pub i worked in voted one way - i wouold just keep my gob shut and vote my own way.

Now i am frusrated cos i cant vote - and i cant even destroy my ballet paper.

I am also one who is unsure - they all offering this that and the other - but after living thru Maagie andnow Labour - have seen how the world lives, and want to make things better.

Its hard.

If you help the young the old get left out.

If you help the ill, youmiss the needy.

If you stop benefits - more crime will hapeen.

Increase taxes and we all will wanna ggo on benefits.

Shut down more bunsiness, loose more jobs........

I think WHOEVER takes on this task - has a bloody hard few years ahead to try and keep ANY of the promises they are trying to make.

A position i am glad i am not in.

Phew - thats me and i cant vote!!!

xxxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Debz

I moved just before the election years ago and my card got sent to my old house - even tho I called them up and told them I had moved and they said its ok card will be sent to your new house.

So I went to the council and told them what happened they went round and let me collect my voting card, but the house wasnt relet so if you can get in touch with the landlord or new owners and ask them of you can get the card.

Shona

x x x

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Well, at least you're thinking about it - there are plenty of people who STILL vote the way their parents did, almost like a family tradition.

Those people are generally aware of the complexities you mention, but will end up thinking "yes, but there's no way I'm voting for the other lot". Obviously I don't have the solution either, but with so many unwavering voters, and so little turnout (under 40% last time, wasn't it?), the prospect of nothing actually changing is a scary one.

Plus (I'm hitting my stride now, only read on if you've got time on your hands!), with all three main parties now occupying the same small area of middle ground in their quest to be populist, what used to be the far right actually now covers a wider spectrum than it used to, increasing their opportunities. The only good news here is that we have UKIP and the BNP, so this potential gets diluted.

Finally, a word on spoiled ballot papers. My view is that if it is no different to a non-vote, in that while it's counted, it doesn't actually count FOR anything - you've had the same effect as if you'd stayed in bed, so all that happened was you wasted your time. Having said that, I've been talking to people who see it as a protest "none of the above"-type vote. I understand this, but would argue that the Green party or the independents or even the Loonies would be an equally valid protest, and give you a better chance of the protest carrying some weight. If "spoiled papers" "wins" somewhere, yes there'll be a bit of interest and hand-wringing, but you'll still have a mainstream party MP AND you'll have missed the opportunity to vote against them.

By *1dKingColeMan  over a year ago

east london

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

i have just realised, that with the election coming up and others getting their voting card, that i not got mine,

Reason being is i am of NFA at the moment, so not on the electoral role.

BUT - i am still on the one at my last proper residence.

Does that mean, that they will be able to use my card to go and vote????"

Debz, I may be wrong on this but if you are registered to vote anywhere, you are registered to vote, but only in the ward you are registered.

If they have sent a voting card to the address you where in last October you don't need a card to vote you can just turn up at the poll booth and give that address and you can vote there.

I have turned up without the card in the past I'm sure and voted, also I'm sure its only address linked to stop multiple voting.

If you are registered at the old address I think that cut off date is only affecting your ability to change address/ward so you are locked into your old ward now.

Anyone else here know anything about this?

» Add a new message to this topic