FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Could you Kill an Animal for Food

Could you Kill an Animal for Food

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was just thinking on after reading another Thread and thought about how many People now a Days could Kill an Animal for Food, it was the norm for us as Kids as Rabbits, Pheasent etc were part of a fairly normal diet for a lot of People, could you do it ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

used to do it all the time

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I was just thinking on after reading another Thread and thought about how many People now a Days could Kill an Animal for Food, it was the norm for us as Kids as Rabbits, Pheasent etc were part of a fairly normal diet for a lot of People, could you do it ? "
Yes,im a city girl, but if i was hungry i certainly would

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Yes, I could do it if my survival depended on it, definitely. Z

no i couldnt do that xx

Absolutely!

Not a problem for me.

went to the slaughterhouse as part of my catering course , and had to walk out , ,couldnt stomach watchin

By *ouple1234Couple  over a year ago

BELFAST UK

always done it from i was a kid growing up on a farm its in my blood, hunting season soon on the local farms cant wait to bag a few wee rabbits

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Yep... no problem.

For me it is like this : If I need to survive, yes I probably could If I lived in Russia where temperatures drop below 30 degrees C I could even kill an animal for its coat.

Living in a moderate climate like Britain

I do not "need" a fur coat nor do I "need" to eat meat. But that is just a very personal choice and I would not dream of attacking anybody for their different choices.

I've never had to but I would if my survival depended on it. I'd be more worried about not removing something I should and making myself ill.

bein a country child i learned all that young!! skinnin rabbits, pluckin pheasents, guttin them, fishin the lot !!

but only if necessary and the sounds of my boalkin would be heard for miles lol xx

"bein a country child i learned all that young!! skinnin rabbits, pluckin pheasents, guttin them, fishin the lot !!

but only if necessary and the sounds of my boalkin would be heard for miles lol xx"

Does killing a bar of organic B & G chocolate count? It is just that I have no ethical issues with that

As a child on holiday I would catch, gut and fillet a variety of fish. Catch crab and lobster in pots and then cook and dress them (no not in clothes fool!)… also killed and plucked chickens, skinned rabbits and so on.

I may be a bit dubious about killing a cow or something else on the large side… but armed with suitable implements, I am pretty sure I’d manage it.

"As a child on holiday I would catch, gut and fillet a variety of fish. Catch crab and lobster in pots and then cook and dress them (no not in clothes fool!)… also killed and plucked chickens, skinned rabbits and so on.

I may be a bit dubious about killing a cow or something else on the large side… but armed with suitable implements, I am pretty sure I’d manage it.

"

Sawn off shotgun? Twelve bore? Uzi 9mm?

"As a child on holiday I would catch, gut and fillet a variety of fish. Catch crab and lobster in pots and then cook and dress them (no not in clothes fool!)… also killed and plucked chickens, skinned rabbits and so on.

Sawn off shotgun? Twelve bore? Uzi 9mm? "

Yep... they'd do

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"I was just thinking on after reading another Thread and thought about how many People now a Days could Kill an Animal for Food, it was the norm for us as Kids as Rabbits, Pheasent etc were part of a fairly normal diet for a lot of People, could you do it ? "

Yep and its not a bad thing for all to see. Maybe we would waste less food if we all were more aware of where it comes from first hand.

By *ornyandnymphoCouple  over a year ago

poole

Not be a problem for me, used to work in a slaughter house.

Would eat the wife if I had to, actually I do that now!!

By *catsoutMan  over a year ago

kent

yes definately i do and the fresh wild meat is better than any you buy in the shop.no chemical additives in wild food.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Out of the water into the pan! nothing tastes better than fresh caught mackerel fried in butter!

I was raised with family members and neighbours, hunting fishing and growing food, so catching, shooting, slaughtering,or indeed growing then cooking and eating is not a problem for me.

I make sure my kids know where animals and fish come from, how they are caught and killed, and that they don't come ready filleted and shrink wrapped from a supermarket shelf, I believe it is important that my kids know an animal is a living source of food and as such should be reared with respect, killed with respect and eaten with such! xxx

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

Yet another raised on farms. I have no problems with killing for food, when I was younger I helped the butcher who used to come round (then they could euthanise the animals themselves) to put the animal to sleep then prepare them ( a pig twice a year and a cow once a year for each worker) this fed us for most of the year.

There was only the once I couldn't do it and that was a cow I'd raised from a 2 day old calf, I just couldn't bear to kill her as she was more like a pet broke my heart it did when I noticed the freezer full next day

"Yet another raised on farms. I have no problems with killing for food, when I was younger I helped the butcher who used to come round (then they could euthanise the animals themselves) to put the animal to sleep then prepare them ( a pig twice a year and a cow once a year for each worker) this fed us for most of the year.

There was only the once I couldn't do it and that was a cow I'd raised from a 2 day old calf, I just couldn't bear to kill her as she was more like a pet broke my heart it did when I noticed the freezer full next day "

Not so much a _adcow as a very sadcow hunni xxxx

i dont even buy animals for food so im sure as shit not killing one lol

The only way i would ever kill an animal for food was if i got ship wrecked somewhere, miles from civilisation with my kids and its was the only way i could feed them, but seeing as the chances of that ever happening are nill i have nothing to worry about lol

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I used to live on a farm and fished and caught rabbits etc

Raised and killed chickens and turkeys

I can't say I would desperately want to but for survival, yes absolutely would

By *mcouple1Couple  over a year ago

nr warrington

i,d eat a kitten no prob

» Add a new message to this topic