Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ishful.thinkingWoman  over a year ago

east london

[Removed by poster at 14/04/10 09:26:43]

east london

"Never run before you can walk with these badboys "

You battered and bruised yet? Have seen the end results of peoples first attempts with them - it wasn't pretty

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Never run before you can walk with these badboys

You battered and bruised yet? Have seen the end results of peoples first attempts with them - it wasn't pretty "

Yeh we found the same thing when weve played naked wii.................lol

By *ottongue49Man  over a year ago

BARNSLEY

lol

ok lol im lost

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Never run before you can walk with these badboys

You battered and bruised yet? Have seen the end results of peoples first attempts with them - it wasn't pretty "

Nope not me this time, I was doing Katas with my 10 year old son last night, I use the real McCoys but my son has a set that are wood centered but covered in foam, thing is, he is so skillful with them, and very quick his confidence was very high when it came to having a go with mine, what he didn't take into account was the obvious difference in weight as mine are solid wood with steel ends and a great deal heavier, the result was well, funny to watch but not to receive, he is now sporting quite an impressive lump on the side of his head, there endith the lesson, he was OK after a few minutes, but has insisted that he trains with mine now so he can get used to weight, now thats dedication

east london

have to admit here that not only have i seen the end result I've also experienced it so my sympathies lie with your son. Friends had them in collage and were going on about how difficult they were to master. At a party one night I decided they couldn't be that difficult so tried them - closest I've come to knocking myself out, needless to say that was the end of the party

"have to admit here that not only have i seen the end result I've also experienced it so my sympathies lie with your son. Friends had them in collage and were going on about how difficult they were to master. At a party one night I decided they couldn't be that difficult so tried them - closest I've come to knocking myself out, needless to say that was the end of the party "

Yes I think I had the same attitude when I first picked them up, but I did wear a wrestling helmet at first (a good safety tip for first time users), my son has mastered his set which is why he wanted to have a go at mine, he is like a mini Bruce Lee with his own set and can still give you quite a knock with them if he catches you, which he always does

Great to see your boy is dedicated to a great sport.

I didn't do any weapons training at all, apart from a few special courses.

Haven't entered a Dojo for over 25yrs now but still work out on a heavy bag. Got one in my workshop actually, and you would be amazed at the number of people who come in, see it and have a swing at it. Its an 80lb bag and doesn't move unless you hit it right. Plenty of them walk out with bent fingers and sore wrists .

My two boys are both sportsmen, ones a footballer, the other is into power lifting.

Was hoping to see you at the Barnsley social, and was looking forward to having a natter about "the arts", lol.

"Was hoping to see you at the Barnsley social, and was looking forward to having a natter about "the arts", lol. "

I didn't receive an invite (think cause I'm scouse lol), I've been meaning to go to one of these socials but I never find out about them till its too late

» Add a new message to this topic