FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > French polishing

French polishing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Can anyone tell me roughly how much it would cost to have my dining room table (just the top) french polished is it an expensive job

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Several factors influence the cost. As a guide, to chemically strip and re-polish an average dining table could cost around£160. But guess cost will vary from place to place and firm to firm

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

Mr Sheen shines umpteen things clean....foook thats going to be stuck in my head all day now LOL

"Several factors influence the cost. As a guide, to chemically strip and re-polish an average dining table could cost around£160. But guess cost will vary from place to place and firm to firm "

To be honest i thought it would be around that price. Its a durcal table so will be worth it, got a table cloth on at the moment to cover the scratch marks

"Several factors influence the cost. As a guide, to chemically strip and re-polish an average dining table could cost around£160. But guess cost will vary from place to place and firm to firm

To be honest i thought it would be around that price. Its a durcal table so will be worth it, got a table cloth on at the moment to cover the scratch marks"

Hope you find someone to do it for you

"Several factors influence the cost. As a guide, to chemically strip and re-polish an average dining table could cost around£160. But guess cost will vary from place to place and firm to firm

To be honest i thought it would be around that price. Its a durcal table so will be worth it, got a table cloth on at the moment to cover the scratch marks"

isnt that the table with the copper coloured top that goes on and on

east cheshire

LOL thought you said it was a duracel table then...should just keep going and going

To be honest i thought it would be around that price. Its a durcal table so will be worth it, got a table cloth on at the moment to cover the scratch marks

isnt that the table with the copper coloured top that goes on and on"

ha ha to early for jokes for me lmao

east cheshire

what are you doing up so early anyway lady love

"Mr Sheen shines umpteen things clean....foook thats going to be stuck in my head all day now LOL"

Thanks I keep humming it now

east cheshire

"Mr Sheen shines umpteen things clean....foook thats going to be stuck in my head all day now LOL

Thanks I keep humming it now "

hahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha

"what are you doing up so early anyway lady love "

Cause jay is on his way lol. Ive been getting up before 11 most of last week lol

east cheshire

lol good on ya girl ive been going to bed by 9 every night, between us we might be awake for an hour each day lol

"lol good on ya girl ive been going to bed by 9 every night, between us we might be awake for an hour each day lol"

pmsl, think its since the clocks have gone forward thats helping me

"Can anyone tell me roughly how much it would cost to have my dining room table (just the top) french polished is it an expensive job"

Does it need totally stripping or just the scratches removed? The cost for mine was £25 per hour and just had the scratches filled and done then a full re-polish without a total strip. It took 2hrs and was £50 which i didn't think was too bad.

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I met my french polisher friend through the local freecycle cafe

Hes retired and asked for a much smaller fee

"Can anyone tell me roughly how much it would cost to have my dining room table (just the top) french polished is it an expensive job

Does it need totally stripping or just the scratches removed? The cost for mine was £25 per hour and just had the scratches filled and done then a full re-polish without a total strip. It took 2hrs and was £50 which i didn't think was too bad."

yes it just need scratches removed and a watermark. It doesnt need stripping right down. Thank youxx

"Can anyone tell me roughly how much it would cost to have my dining room table (just the top) french polished is it an expensive job

Does it need totally stripping or just the scratches removed? The cost for mine was £25 per hour and just had the scratches filled and done then a full re-polish without a total strip. It took 2hrs and was £50 which i didn't think was too bad.

yes it just need scratches removed and a watermark. It doesnt need stripping right down. Thank youxx"

I got a few quotes and they were really high then i was passing a local antique shop and asked where they got stuff done and they gave me the number of a local man. Its all worth trying as it looks fab once re-polished.

yes it just need scratches removed and a watermark. It doesnt need stripping right down. Thank youxx

I got a few quotes and they were really high then i was passing a local antique shop and asked where they got stuff done and they gave me the number of a local man. Its all worth trying as it looks fab once re-polished."

I shall do that cause its a lovely table and i got a table cloth on it at the moment but prefer it without one on

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

There are several young ladies who advertise their French Polishing services in my newsagent's window, would you like their numbers?

(Erm, which I.... ah ......errr .... happened to have noted just in case I needed anything polishing)

"Can anyone tell me roughly how much it would cost to have my dining room table (just the top) french polished is it an expensive job"

Just had a quote for my solid oak table, which has deep cracks (no puns please) lol.

To fill with a wax resin and smooth in was £100, to do what Stu said was around £300.... or the ultimate was to cut the table in half to remove the crack was £450... so it's worth looking around for quotes

Just had a quote for my solid oak table, which has deep cracks (no puns please) lol.

To fill with a wax resin and smooth in was £100, to do what Stu said was around £300.... or the ultimate was to cut the table in half to remove the crack was £450... so it's worth looking around for quotes "

Flipping heck lol, these are just very small scratches.

Haha, thats the price of having a nice dining table hunni, Im sure you will find a suitable geezer for the right price

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

or you could tey an evening class and a little DIY

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

[Removed by poster at 12/04/10 18:15:04]

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

Tell him to take his spurs off next time hun lol

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

can you tell me is it an oak table and is it polished or waxed as it makes a missive difference

steve

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

To fill with a wax resin and smooth in was £100, to do what Stu said was around £300.... or the ultimate was to cut the table in half to remove the crack was £450... so it's worth looking around for quotes "

If you give us a shout i will tell you how to do this yourself and the whole lot will cost you about £15 and will take around 30 mins to do.

I used to do this as a part of my job and is the best way to do it and will restore your table back to new no matter how bad it is but will only work on oak unfortunatly.

Steve

» Add a new message to this topic