FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > It's the principle of the matter.

It's the principle of the matter.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Before I start, I know this is trivial however it really is the principle of the matter that has irked me.

I was out overnight last night and Hubby dearest did not take anything out of the freezer for dinner this evening. So, as it's Friday (as good a reason as any), we decided to order a pizza and some ice cream.

The delivery guy gave me my order. I paid with cash. The delivery guy went away. At no point did he even attempt to give me my change.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not bothered that I won't see that particular 2 pence of my hard-earned cash again however, I am annoyed that he didn't make any moves to give it to me or even wait for me to say not to bother.

Rant over.

Anyone else need to get anything off their chests?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He was probably irked that you never tipped him lol

totally agree! i give tip when deserved, but that is pure cheek! if i was him and change was small i would honestly in my mind expect to be given it if change is trivial but i would def still go to give it back! that is shocking

[Removed by poster at 09/04/10 20:03:17]

"He was probably irked that you never tipped him lol "

I don't get tipped for doing my job either lol

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

I dont get tipped in my present job either.

Different jobs different expextations.

Whe i was a bar maid - we got bought drinks sometimes,SOMETIMES, not all the time.

Funby thing was - i soon clocked on that if 4 people bought me a glass of wine - i could take a bottle home,

Best was on new years eve - everyone was buyng beers -0 wich have to be d*unk in 5 days due to stock take,

Me,,i was getting bought glasses o wine - by end of night i took 6 bottles of wine home!!!

Much to disgust to both landlord AND other staff!!!

LOL

Dont espct - so anyting you get is a bonus xxxx

haha nice one Debz

Notting

"haha nice one Debz"

As thy say 'Devil - darling - up there for thinking - downthere for dancing xxxx

"Before I start, I know this is trivial however it really is the principle of the matter that has irked me.

I was out overnight last night and Hubby dearest did not take anything out of the freezer for dinner this evening. So, as it's Friday (as good a reason as any), we decided to order a pizza and some ice cream.

The delivery guy gave me my order. I paid with cash. The delivery guy went away. At no point did he even attempt to give me my change.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not bothered that I won't see that particular 2 pence of my hard-earned cash again however, I am annoyed that he didn't make any moves to give it to me or even wait for me to say not to bother.

Rant over.

Anyone else need to get anything off their chests?"

They should offer but i think there shouldn't be any £5.99 or £6.99 but £6 and £7 instead.

"They should offer but i think there shouldn't be any £5.99 or £6.99 but £6 and £7 instead. "

I've often said that myself.

The place I ordered from sought feedback. They may regret asking me that while I was still annoyed with the delivery guy

It's not trivial. If you had offered him 2p short you wouldn't have got away with it. Did you ask him for it?

I don't believe in tipping full stop!

I find it highly insulting for both parties.

People work for a wage. Tipping is a legacy left over from a bygone era when people were servants.

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

he ought to have offered, you're quite right

I tip waitresses and take away delivery men as they just earn minimum wage and work such anti social hours

and others too like smart hotels

I dont find it a problem

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Before I start, I know this is trivial however it really is the principle of the matter that has irked me.

Rant over.

Anyone else need to get anything off their chests?"

the most worrying aspects of this statement are 1 you expected your poor husband, to get something out of the freezer 2 you expected him to think about tomorrow nights tea.thats your job.your lucky to have a man.my heart goes out to him.

"It's not trivial. If you had offered him 2p short you wouldn't have got away with it. Did you ask him for it? "

To be honest there was little opportunity to ask. He was walking away as I handed him the cash. I'm not even sure that he looked at how much I'd given him.

I wasn't about the shout down the drive for 2p haha.

"he ought to have offered, you're quite right

I tip waitresses and take away delivery men as they just earn minimum wage and work such anti social hours

I dont find it a problem

"

Why tip someone just because they earn the minimum wage ?

"the most worrying aspects of this statement are 1 you expected your poor husband, to get something out of the freezer 2 you expected him to think about tomorrow nights tea.thats your job.your lucky to have a man.my heart goes out to him. "

Sorry, I don't see where I complained about him not getting anything out for dinner

However, yes, I did expect him to get something out and to think about tonight's dinner. I'd asked him to and he'd said he would.

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

"he ought to have offered, you're quite right

I dont find it a problem

Why tip someone just because they earn the minimum wage ? "

why not

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive never tipped a delivery man in my life the thought just wouldnt enter my head.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"the most worrying aspects of this statement are 1 you expected your poor husband, to get something out of the freezer 2 you expected him to think about tomorrow nights tea.thats your job.your lucky to have a man.my heart goes out to him.

Sorry, I don't see where I complained about him not getting anything out for dinner

However, yes, I did expect him to get something out and to think about tonight's dinner. I'd asked him to and he'd said he would."

hes a guy.

"hes a guy. "

Personally, I think he just wanted pizza and ice cream!

yeah, he should have made the attempt, agreed, however like you said 2p buys nothing does it? also he might just have forgotten. Absent-minded?

IMHO, that is taking liberty, so I too would be peeved by it.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"IMHO, that is taking liberty, so I too would be peeved by it. "

Ooo pearl i thought you would be all tucked up

hope mi bruv is ok

i always tip dont know why i even do it when the service has been shit lol just feel obliged!

and when i had the taxi always gave people there wee 5p change !!

when i worked bars any tips were a bonus and was always glad of them even if i did usually give them to the bar on my nite off lol xx

"He was probably irked that you never tipped him lol

I don't get tipped for doing my job either lol"

neither do I....I get probation if I'm caught doing mine

Notting

"i always tip dont know why i even do it when the service has been shit lol just feel obliged!

and when i had the taxi always gave people there wee 5p change !!

when i worked bars any tips were a bonus and was always glad of them even if i did usually give them to the bar on my nite off lol xx"

Same!!!!!

Funny how ya spend yr nights off in same bar.

Or sad???

LOL xxxx

» Add a new message to this topic