FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Worst Drivers?

Worst Drivers?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oe_Steve_NWest OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bolton

I had the misfortune to have to drive through Darwen this morning - nothing wrong with the place except for the drivers here! Every time I have to go through the terrible driving is always amazing to me! Where else is bad for this as I drive hundreds of miles a weeks and this is the worst in my experience! Z

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I find the worst Drivers on the Motorways, the usual middle lane hoggers and t**ts who drive 3ft off the bumper

"I had the misfortune to have to drive through Darwen this morning - nothing wrong with the place except for the drivers here! Every time I have to go through the terrible driving is always amazing to me! Where else is bad for this as I drive hundreds of miles a weeks and this is the worst in my experience! Z"

Any place north of the M60 it gets mad on the roads! Rochdale is bad too!

" Where else is bad for this as I drive hundreds of miles a weeks and this is the worst in my experience! Z"

blackpool dodgems

I always know when I'm back my home town in Surrey because I get stuck behind some old biddy doing about 10mph!

Bolton

"I always know when I'm back my home town in Surrey because I get stuck behind some old biddy doing about 10mph! "

awww - well this is only a small town but I've never known anything like it for bad driving! Z

"I always know when I'm back my home town in Surrey because I get stuck behind some old biddy doing about 10mph!

awww - well this is only a small town but I've never known anything like it for bad driving! Z"

Saw the aftermath of an accident on my way to a meet yesterday... guess what? stupid OZ alloys on the thing and some massive exhaust

I rode my Motorbike through London last year that was scarey

Bolton

"I rode my Motorbike through London last year that was scarey "

Yes, I can imagine - it's bad enough in the car - I do avoid Darwen when I'm on my bike though I must admit! Z

Forum Mod

Its driving Miss Daisy round here......drives Rob mad with frustration

"I find the worst Drivers on the Motorways, the usual middle lane hoggers and t**ts who drive 3ft off the bumper "

Yes this one gets my vote

Billy

Used to live in Saudi Arabia and the driving there is horrific. If you have an accident with a 'local' it will always be your fault because you are in their country. If you weren't there the accident wouldn't happen!!! Also the young 13yr olds driving 'daddy' merc is a frightening sight to!!! You have to have been there to believe it really!

Bolton

"Used to live in Saudi Arabia and the driving there is horrific. If you have an accident with a 'local' it will always be your fault because you are in their country. If you weren't there the accident wouldn't happen!!! Also the young 13yr olds driving 'daddy' merc is a frightening sight to!!! You have to have been there to believe it really!"

Steve lived in the Middle East for years and have to agree - been to Egypt a few times and love the way they drive in the dark to save the lights! Z

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

I hate city drivers, they're always up ur bumper, dont give you a chance to find where your going

Give me doddery old ladies doing the speed limit any day

Forum Mod

"I hate city drivers, they're always up ur bumper, dont give you a chance to find where your going

Give me doddery old ladies doing the speed limit any day"

Its very rare in any city to actually be able to drive anything near the speed limit...........normally ants would be overtaking

By *ickmealloverWoman  over a year ago

a very plush appartment off junt 7 M5

"I hate city drivers, they're always up ur bumper, dont give you a chance to find where your going

Its very rare in any city to actually be able to drive anything near the speed limit...........normally ants would be overtaking "

hehe

you can tell how often I go into cities

they just got no patience

Oh and I forgot to add, Women !

Taxi for Kev and quick

only joking dont pick on me

saying nothing

"saying nothing "

Thought you attracted the bad drives like a magnet

Being a biker though we always seem to come off worst.

seems like no matter where you are these days, the driving standards of this country have gone down the pan!!!

you should give Notts a try to see some very unusul driving habits that have been imported free of charge from Eastern Europe.

"I had the misfortune to have to drive through Darwen this morning - nothing wrong with the place except for the drivers here! Every time I have to go through the terrible driving is always amazing to me! Where else is bad for this as I drive hundreds of miles a weeks and this is the worst in my experience! Z"

I used to drive from Bolton to Blackburn and back every day and can confirm that Darwen is full of horrendous drivers. Now live in Preston and you'd think with all the roundabouts there that people would have some idea how to use them, but sadly not the case.

The worst however has to be when I'm coming home from work in Blackpool on M55 at teatime on a sunday, absolutely packed with clueless buffoons, who obviously only drive on a motorway once a year and are clearly petrified with their noses rubbing their windscreens and the steering wheel tucked under their chin, trundling along in the middle lane doing 50 while my Sunday roast is going cold!

"I had the misfortune to have to drive through Darwen this morning - nothing wrong with the place except for the drivers here! Every time I have to go through the terrible driving is always amazing to me! Where else is bad for this as I drive hundreds of miles a weeks and this is the worst in my experience! Z

I used to drive from Bolton to Blackburn and back every day and can confirm that Darwen is full of horrendous drivers. Now live in Preston and you'd think with all the roundabouts there that people would have some idea how to use them, but sadly not the case.

The worst however has to be when I'm coming home from work in Blackpool on M55 at teatime on a sunday, absolutely packed with clueless buffoons, who obviously only drive on a motorway once a year and are clearly petrified with their noses rubbing their windscreens and the steering wheel tucked under their chin, trundling along in the middle lane doing 50 while my Sunday roast is going cold! "

The M55 is absolutely terrible between 4 and 7! I dread working in Blackpool if i am going to have to drive it at rush hour.

[Removed by poster at 08/04/10 17:17:13]

"

The M55 is absolutely terrible between 4 and 7! I dread working in Blackpool if i am going to have to drive it at rush hour."

I get it every night!!

"seems like no matter where you are these days, the driving standards of this country have gone down the pan!!!

you should give Notts a try to see some very unusul driving habits that have been imported free of charge from Eastern Europe. "

Eastern Europe?!! Come to London and take your life in your hands with the Nigerian drivers!! I take cabs every where and I have to tell them from the off I've left in plenty of time so there's no need to set road speed records!!!

By *wned EmCouple  over a year ago

nuneaton

I was driving down a slip road to join a duel carriageway today only to be met by a car heading TOWARDS me. She must have driven at least a mile on the wrong side of the road to get where she was!

I stopped while she did a u-turn and nearly had a van run into the back of me!

By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

Fekking tractor drivers piss me off. Shouldn't be on the road in daylight hours. Ban 'em I say. ban 'em

By *ick and tockCouple  over a year ago

wigan

we hate young drivers when im in my scooby and they come right up my bumper trying to race in there corsa's now i just wave and say bye ... stu laughs ....

you tell them Bolton drivers are the best.

Women drivers....Hides behind couch and places bin on head...

"Women drivers....Hides behind couch and places bin on head... "

brave man.......................

we have found that a good dose of screenwash if someone is up your bumper works well and if it is in the rain get out of their way

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

I stopped while she did a u-turn and nearly had a van run into the back of me!"

With a rear like yours this must be a common occurence

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Women drivers....Hides behind couch and places bin on head...

brave man....................... "

Think he is on about mum. She is a liability behind the wheel!

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Fekking tractor drivers piss me off. Shouldn't be on the road in daylight hours. Ban 'em I say. ban 'em "

You`re on very dodgy ground there PZ!

Guess what I drive for a living !!!!

Bolton

"Fekking tractor drivers piss me off. Shouldn't be on the road in daylight hours. Ban 'em I say. ban 'em

Guess what I drive for a living !!!! "

Whilst i got to agree with Zoe on Darwen drivers being bad i feel far more hatered for tractor drivers especially early morning ones in summer as i had the misfortune to encounter an idiot driving 1 jumping a red light and ended up with both wrists smashed in 6 places.

Steve

"Fekking tractor drivers piss me off. Shouldn't be on the road in daylight hours. Ban 'em I say. ban 'em

Guess what I drive for a living !!!!

Whilst i got to agree with Zoe on Darwen drivers being bad i feel far more hatered for tractor drivers especially early morning ones in summer as i had the misfortune to encounter an idiot driving 1 jumping a red light and ended up with both wrists smashed in 6 places.

Steve "

I so agree with you - we get a lot down this neck of the woods.. and they are either in their own little world or completely incompetent drivers... so not a local problem but possibly a nationwide one

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

In reply to all of those who are slagging off tractor drivers, please consider the following:-

Apart from "exotic" machines like the JCB Fastrac, all tractors are, by law, limited to 20 mph. While there are a few who are capable of going faster, the majority are designed as not to exceed the 20 mph limit anyway. The reasons are manyfold. Because of the job it has to do, a tractor has no suspension to the rear axle and in most cases, the front axle. This is to improve traction when for example, ploughing, to improve stability when using a front bucket and also for stability when transporting ploughs etc. on the road. The only suspension tractor drivers have is in the seats.

A tractor and trailer can weigh upwards of 15 tonnes fully loaded. With the power available, accelleration isn`t exactly up to F1 standards Also, the weight could overturn a tractor and trailer when on uneven ground, hence why they have to wait for a nice large flat area to pull off the road to allow other traffic to pass.

When a tractor is on the road, unless it`s transporting fodder or produce, it`s not earning any money and all it`s doing is trying to get to the next job.

As you`ve probably gathered, I`m a tractor driver although I`m not involved with farming. I`m on playing field maintainance and my sites can be miles apart. One one day, I can cover 60 miles on the road just travelling from one school to the next. There`s no other economical way of doing it. One of the other reasons why the mileage is so high is that I`m avoiding some major roads that have few or no passing places and said roads are so busy when you do pull over, you are stuck there for hours I do try to give faster traffic chance to pass but it`s not always as practical as I`d like and sometimes simply impossible.

Its very rare in any city to actually be able to drive anything near the speed limit...........normally ants would be overtaking "

Would they be the same ants who disguised themselves as grains of rice then robbed the chinese takeaway ?

» Add a new message to this topic