FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > MS Excel

MS Excel

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oodmess OP   Man  over a year ago

yumsville

Really bad question this. I haven't used Excel for quite a while and need to get some dates organised.

I want to create a calender with A-G being month names and the rows down, being the date 1st - 31st etc

However, as soon as I enter Jan, Feb, Mar into the first row, it automatically takes row 1. Making Jan 1st, Jan the 2nd on the sheet..

I realise it's probably very easy to do, but I dont seem to be able to exclude row 1, it is making the months have 32 days in them.

Any help? Would be great if answered soon

love yas

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure what you mean?

Have the 2nd row as 1st, 3rd row as 2nd etc?

yumsville

exclude the first row so as I can have it as the months. Then use number 1-31 as the dates in respective months in columns A-G.

If I include the month name in row 1. The date on the calender starts as the 2nd. As row 1 is taken up with the month name

No, you need to select the columns where your putting the text and tell it to format it as "text". it's detecting what you write and since it is a date, it's auto formatting it as a date.

"No, you need to select the columns where your putting the text and tell it to format it as "text". it's detecting what you write and since it is a date, it's auto formatting it as a date."

That's right click, format and select text as the type.

Ah ok think I got it. Move the months over so Jan starts on the 2nd column. In the first column, leave the top cell free. Type 1-31 into that column yourself.

x

Easier still, type 1 then 2 as required, highlight both and drag down and it should auto fill. Stop at 31.

Repeat as necessary.

yumsville

"No, you need to select the columns where your putting the text and tell it to format it as "text". it's detecting what you write and since it is a date, it's auto formatting it as a date.

That's right click, format and select text as the type."

I want to use the worksheet numbers as the date, it's taking generic text but as row 1 is the month names, row 2 should be the start of the month i.e 1st but instead it is the 2nd.

yumsville

"Ah ok think I got it. Move the months over so Jan starts on the 2nd column. In the first column, leave the top cell free. Type 1-31 into that column yourself.

x"

thanks ... I think this might work. Pain in the are not using it regularly

thanks

yumsville

Sorted. Thanks Steel

» Add a new message to this topic