FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Death to my new neighbour

Death to my new neighbour

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ee Viante OP   Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

I live in a semi-detached property. The place next door was recently sold. It needs quite a bit of work.

Directly prior to Christmas, I was woken before 8am every day for 5 days. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday he spent all day chasing out conduits for cables and recesses for sockets using an SDS drill and a lump hammer and chisel. A lot of the work was done on the party wall.

He didn't come round to speak to me about this beforehand.

On the Saturday, at 8pm, I finally lost the plot after 12 hours continuous drilling and chiselling, mostly of the party wall. I went round and asked how much longer he intended to work. He said his schedule was tight and he would happily work until midnight. I said I'd really rather he didn't. He asked how long it would be ok to continue, so I told him I'd had enough. I couldn't even hear someone trying to speak to me on the 'phone, on the other side of the house. We compromised. He moved away from the party wall and I gave him another hour. It was still very noisy but at least I knew for how long.

He continued work over Christmas. Always starting before 8am.

Then he told me he had a cupboard to rip out and it would be noisy. He wanted to do it yesterday so I arranged to be out from noon till midnight, specifically so he could make all the noise he liked. He said he'd keep the work on my side of the house to mid morning through afternoon.

The fucking fucker has just woken me up at 6.40am, working on the fucking party fucking wall again. On a Saturday. I'd only been asleep an hour.

And yes, he knows I am in because my car is there.

I may struggle to remain calm when we have a little chat about this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He would be dead by now if he did it to me

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

i thonk his brother or some other git relation has moved in next to me

all i heard was ur hot for his cock and he refused.....another man bashing thread

Im sure there are rules regarding when workman can make a noise. 0640 is taking the piss.

I would have shoved the drill up his arse by now x

"Im sure there are rules regarding when workman can make a noise. 0640 is taking the piss.

I would have shoved the drill up his arse by now x"

I've been very calm so far.

I am now in that beyond calm, icy state. The very quiet place you get to when you really have been pushed too far.

We had it a few months ago. Like you no warnings. Stupid hours. Kids screaming cuz they was petrified of the noise. Cracks appearing all over our wall. It went on months here the idiots moved the stairs so they are now running up the other side of our living room wall! Hope who ever buys it isnt one wjo stomps upstairs my patience wouldnt last.

Put a complaint in to council its a stupid time to be starting especially when its that loud!

Hope he gets finished quick for you

"He would be dead by now if he did it to me "

I'll do my best not to fly off the handle, but it seems like he's the sort if given an inch will take a mile or ten.

This area has no out of hours Environmental Health Officer but they are going to get resoved this weekend one way or another.

"Im sure there are rules regarding when workman can make a noise. 0640 is taking the piss.

I would have shoved the drill up his arse by now x

I've been very calm so far.

I am now in that beyond calm, icy state. The very quiet place you get to when you really have been pushed too far."

The just before you go ballistic state?

"We had it a few months ago. Like you no warnings. Stupid hours. Kids screaming cuz they was petrified of the noise. Cracks appearing all over our wall. It went on months here the idiots moved the stairs so they are now running up the other side of our living room wall! Hope who ever buys it isnt one wjo stomps upstairs my patience wouldnt last.

Put a complaint in to council its a stupid time to be starting especially when its that loud!

Hope he gets finished quick for you

"

Finished may be the operative word

"all i heard was ur hot for his cock and he refused.....another man bashing thread "

I do want his cock. Stuffed in his mouth with his head mounted on a spike in the front garden.

Sounds very inconsiderate ! Speak to the Environmental Health Dept at your Local Authority. If the noise is excessive they can put a stop to it.

My sister had months of something similar! So have I in the past, but with the neighbour from hell rather than building work .

I hope you get it sorted.

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

Contact the council about noise problems at unsuitable hours. Record all times whst you can hear and times it starts and finishes. They will need all tgat.

I ended up having to get sound recording equipment in due to a noisy neighbour x

is he living there or just doing the work?

i would follow him home then bang on his door at 2 in the morning, waking him up and asking him how he enjoyed having his sleep fucked up.

compromise is a massive word in house development.

My next door neighbours dog woke me up every night barking . So last night I took the dog and put it in my garden ... Now lets see how they fuckin like it

I would speak to the Environmental Health Dept about noise control and they will advise.

On the brighter side its building noise so won't go on forever and the house will look smarter, so focus on that. Being attached to a very scruffy looking house is not nice. Try to think of the positives, though I do empathise with the constant drilling noise

Am impressed that you know you're drills :D

"My next door neighbours dog woke me up every night barking . So last night I took the dog and put it in my garden ... Now lets see how they fuckin like it "

Lol. Made me giggle

"My next door neighbours dog woke me up every night barking . So last night I took the dog and put it in my garden ... Now lets see how they fuckin like it "

SORRY but once its all finished you can come round and join me for a propper banging session

On my drum kit

"all i heard was ur hot for his cock and he refused.....another man bashing thread

I do want his cock. Stuffed in his mouth with his head mounted on a spike in the front garden."

sounds like a great meet...can u video it? and open ur flaps as it happens....yeahhh I wanna see ur bitchflaps

Ring the police and tell th what is happening

They will fob you off.

Ring the police again and tell them not to rush as you have solved the problem yourself by shooting your noisy neighbour, and tell them the noise has now stopped.

The police will now visit him quite quickly!

Rules are no noise in a built up areas before 7 and after 11:30pm, it's an environmental problem and even then if you ring the council they don't do anything. The police are just as bad and advise you to contact the council.

Personally I'd wait until it had gone quiet and at 2 am play loud music against the party wall

Or host a fab party and lots of naked and angry people will go round, nothing scarier than a naked guy with an erection, now imagine dozens lol

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

There are 3 ways to handle this.

Go for the red launch buttons: make life as unpleasant as possible for him and really go to town on it. Downside, you reap what you sow.

Middle ground: Talk to him, get the environmental chaps involved

Pub: suggest you have a chat down the pub, get him a drink, explain how it is bugging you and unfair, hint at large muscular relatives who will be coming out of the Scrubs soon and how they never murdered anyone in the first place and so on,

Good luck either way

By *RYBBWCouple  over a year ago

Leeds.

"I live in a semi-detached property. The place next door was recently sold. It needs quite a bit of work.

Directly prior to Christmas, I was woken before 8am every day for 5 days. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday he spent all day chasing out conduits for cables and recesses for sockets using an SDS drill and a lump hammer and chisel. A lot of the work was done on the party wall.

He didn't come round to speak to me about this beforehand.

On the Saturday, at 8pm, I finally lost the plot after 12 hours continuous drilling and chiselling, mostly of the party wall. I went round and asked how much longer he intended to work. He said his schedule was tight and he would happily work until midnight. I said I'd really rather he didn't. He asked how long it would be ok to continue, so I told him I'd had enough. I couldn't even hear someone trying to speak to me on the 'phone, on the other side of the house. We compromised. He moved away from the party wall and I gave him another hour. It was still very noisy but at least I knew for how long.

He continued work over Christmas. Always starting before 8am.

Then he told me he had a cupboard to rip out and it would be noisy. He wanted to do it yesterday so I arranged to be out from noon till midnight, specifically so he could make all the noise he liked. He said he'd keep the work on my side of the house to mid morning through afternoon.

The fucking fucker has just woken me up at 6.40am, working on the fucking party fucking wall again. On a Saturday. I'd only been asleep an hour.

And yes, he knows I am in because my car is there.

I may struggle to remain calm when we have a little chat about this."

Have you considered a polite punch to the throat ?

By *exySwing3rsCouple  over a year ago

In Your Hearts

There are procedures to follow when carrying out work on Party Wall. Your neighbour is breaking the law if he does not follow the Party Wall Act.

By *igSuki81Man  over a year ago

Retirement Village

I kind of see both sides of it. Having done my old house up i was working day & night to finish the job in time for rentals but would never do any 'noisey' jobs till after 10:00 & would stop by 20:00.

It may be helpful if you have another word with him & be a bit nosey this time & ask what he's doing then suggest when it would be ok to do the noisey jobs but it is very inconsiderate of him to not come round & keep you informed of what noise to expect.

You could do the neighbourly thing and lend a hand

Goodwill and all that

or invite all of us round for a 48 hour marathon party, starting the moment he wants some quiet time

OP some people are ignorant arses, you have my sympathy

Sexy thread all these threats of violence.

Your local council envoronmental dept can enforce action.

I heard you are on the invite list for his first bbq of the season....

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Tell him you provide silent blowies after 8pm

"There are 3 ways to handle this.

Go for the red launch buttons: make life as unpleasant as possible for him and really go to town on it. Downside, you reap what you sow.

Middle ground: Talk to him, get the environmental chaps involved

Pub: suggest you have a chat down the pub, get him a drink, explain how it is bugging you and unfair, hint at large muscular relatives who will be coming out of the Scrubs soon and how they never murdered anyone in the first place and so on,

Good luck either way "

Thanks. The thing is, we did talk and reach an amicable agreement, which I've stuck to by arranging to be out yesterday afternoon and evening to enable him to do noisy stuff, (he chose the day, incidentally). He then pissed all over that agreement by starting at 6.40am yesterday.

I've told him I understand his problem and am willing to be flexible. However, the give and take must work both ways.

I'll have another word with him about it and reiterate a little more firmly that I am willing to be flexible but will not tolerate further piss-taking.

I've now logged the issue with Environmental Health and am noting down details of noise, should he continue to be unreasonable.

I don't want a bad relationship with my neighbour, but if push comes to shove it'll be no more nice VV.

I do expect people to honour agreements made.

"Tell him you provide silent blowies after 8pm "

I've told him *you'll* provide them. I have a sore throat.

Thanks for the advice, to those of you that gave it.

Hope he upholds the agreement

Hope he upholds the agreement

» Add a new message to this topic