FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > political bent

political bent

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

do you vote the same way everytime, no matter how badly your party has been?

question raised as, in the news recently, the most deprived area of scotland is a labour run ward, and has been for something like 50 years.

why do the locals keep voting them in?

why not give someone else a chance to sort things out?

surely anyone else couldnt do much worse.

personally, i vote for whoevers lies fit in best with what im looking for at any particular time.

so, how about you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

No!

Definitely not, I have been an active member of both the Conservative and Labour parties, in that order. And having become disillusioned with them all I have now taken to adding a box to my ballet saying "none of the below" (never been room to put it at the bottom and say "none of the above").

I still campaign in my locality asking none voters to cast a vote in the same way. Because I believe that if instead of 60/70 odd% turnout with a handful of spoiled ballets there was a 100% turnout with 20 to 30 odd% of ballots saying none of them the corrupt self-serving gits who inhabit the corridors of power would quickly remember that they serve us and the country not we them!

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

" .........

question raised as, in the news recently, the most deprived area of scotland is a labour run ward, and has been for something like 50 years.

why do the locals keep voting them in?

why not give someone else a chance to sort things "

A ward is a local authority area of administration which elects Councillors. Councillors have very few powers to do stuff which improves the level of deprivation in their ward.

If a street light is out or the bins aren't emptied on the right day, the councillor is the man.

Otherwise ........

moston

"A ward is a local authority area of administration which elects Councillors. Councillors have very few powers to do stuff which improves the level of deprivation in their ward.

If a street light is out or the bins aren't emptied on the right day, the councillor is the man.

Otherwise ........"

Absolutely right, but the only difference between national and local government is scale and turnout. Most local elections are doing well to get 60% turnout, sometimes its down to the 30s and 40s. Can you imagine the brown streak on Call Me Dave's pants if at the next local elections the turnout was 90/100% of which 50+% were altering their ballots to say "none of them"!

I'd pay to see them squirm!

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"A ward is a local authority area of administration which elects Councillors. Councillors have very few powers to do stuff which improves the level of deprivation in their ward.

Otherwise ........

Absolutely right, but the only difference between national and local government is scale and turnout. ............"

Actually, the main difference is the areas of competence.

Councillors can jump up and down about hospital closures, for example, but there's **** all they can actually do about them.

The more layers of government you build, the worse it all gets.

moston

Would still love to hear a returning officer declare that there were move deliberately spoiled ballots than votes cast for whoever was elected.

» Add a new message to this topic