FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > unknown focus track

unknown focus track

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uke olovingman OP   Man  over a year ago

Gravesend

following the best riff part two .touch of class asked about a track by focus involving thunder and a jet plane .. ive never heard this track so it must be from after hamburger concerto.. the only tracks i know with jets in are back in the ussr and part of side one dark side of the moon

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"following the best riff part two .touch of class asked about a track by focus involving thunder and a jet plane .. ive never heard this track so it must be from after hamburger concerto.. the only tracks i know with jets in are back in the ussr and part of side one dark side of the moon "

Oh no, what was it!! I used to play it loads lying in bed in the dark whatever it was,and I always say now every time there's a thunderstorm I hear a jet aircraft go over and it reminds me of the track.

...Up on the Downs

You know I must have it wrong, it can't be Focus at all - I just listened to Focus 3 again and it was something very different, very esoteric like the beginning of Caravaserai, that kind of vibe? And it was a double alsum - I was convinced Focus £ was a double, so it may have been something that had a similar colour cover or something stupid, sorry..........I can't even think what band it might be though!!! Yes, maybe, they had a double.......?

Gravesend

the yes double was tales from the topographic ocean focus three was a double sorry i cant be more helpful .. i still think its dark side of the moon side one .. the plane crashes x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"the yes double was tales from the topographic ocean focus three was a double sorry i cant be more helpful .. i still think its dark side of the moon side one .. the plane crashes x"

On The Run - track two, side one?

Gravesend

yes .. that the one i meant

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"yes .. that the one i meant "

For some reason, as a young one listening to the LP for the first time, I thought that was about a guy running for a train, and then it crashes when he's on board......am I wrong?

Gravesend

i saw them play dark side for one of the first times at earls court 1972 and they had a plane on a zip wire crash into the stage while they were playing .. bloody fantastic effect

...Up on the Downs

"i saw them play dark side for one of the first times at earls court 1972 and they had a plane on a zip wire crash into the stage while they were playing .. bloody fantastic effect "

No, defo not Floyd, I know every note on that album! Not, it was a much longer piece, several mins of nothing but an electronic thunderstorm. I can hear the melody that went with it, aaaaaaargh!!!!!!

» Add a new message to this topic