FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tarot Cards and Readings

Tarot Cards and Readings

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Good Idea or Not?

Do you belive or is it all a load of tosh !!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

im in the load of tosh camp

I wouldn't say it's tosh, but the few readings I had were very general to say the least, nothing stood out.

It depends who you go to.

I was at a psychic church last night and they gave amazingly accurate readings to people

"

Do you belive or is it all a load of tosh !! "

Tosh!

...oh god fire!

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I go with tosh

Tosh

* believe *

I am not a believer of such things but I enjoy hearing about such stuff

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I can (or at least used to be able to) read tarot, runes, tea leaves, cards, and dice. It's good fun.

I never did it professionally but sometimes did it at parties, and it's amazingly easy to 'read' people and pick up what they're hoping to hear. The best fortune tellers are good at reading body language and picking out 'tells'. I suspect a lot of it is mostly that, with a bit of 'you never know' thrown in.

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

There are no such things as psychics, they are all charlatans.

I believe it's a good earner for the unscrupulous.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Tosh - but it can be entertaining to see a good cold reading.

I've never had mine done. But think I would like to

By *cottishrichMan  over a year ago

Here and there

"I've never had mine done. But think I would like to "

If you want, I'll lie to you for half an hour for money. £20 ok?

Titz Towers, North Notts

"I've never had mine done. But think I would like to "

Cue several offers to feel your bumps

By *yphoon1Man  over a year ago

why not believe? each to their own. live your life whichever way makes you happy.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

a load of pish and a way to take money from some of the vulnerable

"* believe * "

Me too. X

"why not believe? each to their own. live your life whichever way makes you happy."

Sometimes, false hope and/or advice can do more damage than good.

By *a petite madameWoman  over a year ago

London / Essex

I'm a believer it's just about finding a good one

"I'm a believer it's just about finding a good one"

True.. to be honest the good ones won't be the one with adverts out there, they will be the ones that get passed around by word of mouth.

"Good Idea or Not?

It makes some people happy but so does buying s lottery ticket even though they never win. We all know its a scam and me I wouldn't go near but if it pleases someone its tier money to waste.

"Good Idea or Not?

It makes some people happy but so does buying s lottery ticket even though they never win. We all know its a scam and me I wouldn't go near but if it pleases someone its tier money to waste."

You do know many don't charge ?

"Good Idea or Not?

It makes some people happy but so does buying s lottery ticket even though they never win. We all know its a scam and me I wouldn't go near but if it pleases someone its tier money to waste.

You do know many don't charge ? "

You get free hairdressers too even I could give one but most charge same as Tarot scammers. Besides free cone or paid for con its still a con but unless you are within walking distance it costs to travel.

I have a friend who goes to one at least 4 times a year x

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Tosh - Derren Brown has scored equally or better at all the psychic stuff he's done and he's not psychic.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Tosh.

All I know is that next weeks "psychic`s convention" has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

If it's tosh or not still gives me the willys not something id mess with.

having said that an ex persuaded me to see a medium after my sis was killed. She knew nothing but my 1st name but the things she told me couldn't have been more true. Spooky as fuck. Forgive the pun

I'm a believer x

"Good Idea or Not?

I knew you were going to say that

"Good Idea or Not?

I think 99. 9 percent are fakes .

But there are more things in heaven and earth than we know or understand .

The power of the mind is not fully understood so I choose to not dismiss every think out of hand as some do.

By *avindaWoman  over a year ago

North Wales

"I go with tosh "

Sorry to hijack thread but got to know??? Please tell us where you got the boots, lol

You can spend £10 on a pint and fish and chips, it lasts half an hour,

Or you can spend £10 on a reading that lasts half an hour and it can change your life, for the better.

How is it a con, an adult, ie over 18 can chose what they spend their money on, no one forces you to buy make up, shoes, alcohol, or a reading, we all have free will.

A fixed price reading, is an informed purchase, as is everything else we buy.

Yes you guessed it I am a full time reader, with 35 years experience, and have many thousands, unsolicited ratings, that potential customers can read before making an informed decision,

some good , some, bad, but every rating is displayed.

Each and every one of us is psychic and has intuition, we are born with it, but not usually encouraged to use or develop it.

We teach children to talk, when they can we say, shut up ! we teach children to walk, then say sit still.

Every child has a sixth sense, we are all linked to each other.

No psychic charges for a sense or "gift" they charge for time, which is the most precious gift we have.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Malevolent cheating lying scum bags , those that believe sadly have been conned

What is so bad is many make sure the baseless predictions come true , self fulfilling prophecy circle . This means people with no right manipulate a vulnerable humans life this is shocking

The fact is no one has ever genuinely illustrated esp under controlled conditions and if they could they would

It is well evidenced that many use researchers who even go into homes..

For those convinced they have seen something that could only be explained by super natural just watch derren brown who can perform all the amazing tricks the con artists use . He will read your mind predict your mind predict your future tell you what is in your pocket and something no psychic con artist gap ever done predict the lottery , predict a gun shot

If you have been convinced to believe all that has occurred is you have been conned and that is never a good thing however comforting you may think knowing dad is happy on the other side

There is zero data to suggest any supernatural power exists and volume upon volume of facts illustrating why it does not xx

"It is well evidenced that many use researchers who even go into homes.. "

for £10 I don't think so!

"Malevolent cheating lying scum bags , those that believe sadly have been conned

What is so bad is many make sure the baseless predictions come true , self fulfilling prophecy circle . This means people with no right manipulate a vulnerable humans life this is shocking

The fact is no one has ever genuinely illustrated esp under controlled conditions and if they could they would

It is well evidenced that many use researchers who even go into homes..

For those convinced they have seen something that could only be explained by super natural just watch derren brown who can perform all the amazing tricks the con artists use . He will read your mind predict your mind predict your future tell you what is in your pocket and something no psychic con artist gap ever done predict the lottery , predict a gun shot

If you have been convinced to believe all that has occurred is you have been conned and that is never a good thing however comforting you may think knowing dad is happy on the other side

There is zero data to suggest any supernatural power exists and volume upon volume of facts illustrating why it does not xx

"

I agree if nothing strange has happen to you that you could not explain your argument holds up well until one day something strange does happen on that you can't explain or get your head round .

What would you say to such a person your wrong or would you say I wish I had been there to see that .

I'd say I wish i'd been there romantic silly yes but hay I'm love to experience something my mind can't explain away

ashby de la zouch

For 10 I would doubt it too although one convincer would earn more

However I think the travelling psychics make a dam sight more when they fill a theatre at 10 20 a head and 500 in a room

The fact remains they have your address from your ticket and they do visit

That horrid jug from aunty that they know is hidden behind whatever , they know because they know !

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I think they are more a tool - it's the person interpreting them that does the biz, not the cards themselves.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I was always a non believer till I went (very skeptically) with friends to someone highly recommended and they told me things that they could not have guessed. I've been a couple of times since that and still they picked stuff up including things they've been consistent with in each reading!

It's finding a good one that makes the difference but sadly the majority are scammers!!

"Good Idea or Not?

i would always go crash with a prile of aces followed by a prile of kings then followed by a prile of queens followed by a back hand of a prile of jacks

"Tosh - Derren Brown has scored equally or better at all the psychic stuff he's done and he's not psychic. "

vulnerable people are easy pickings and there are a lot about,having a reading done for a laugh can be fun,running your life around your next reading makes these people rub their hands with glee

"For 10 I would doubt it too although one convincer would earn more

However I think the travelling psychics make a dam sight more when they fill a theatre at 10 20 a head and 500 in a room

The fact remains they have your address from your ticket and they do visit

That horrid jug from aunty that they know is hidden behind whatever , they know because they know !"

I agree that a medium show, conducted by a showman or woman would be easy to rig,

especially if they have your name and addy to send tickets too, just look on the net for accidents, deaths in a town, link names to addy, and any one could get pretty accurate hits.

As you say big money is at stake.

However no one is forced to go, people go in the hope for the price of a ticket, any guilt they may have can be taken away.

"I was always a non believer till I went (very skeptically) with friends to someone highly recommended and they told me things that they could not have guessed. I've been a couple of times since that and still they picked stuff up including things they've been consistent with in each reading!

It's finding a good one that makes the difference but sadly the majority are scammers!!"

Can I ask how many you have been to, to base that comment on?

On the cons camp and it is a con,

Preying on the greiving, at a time when someone is most vulnerable and looking for a connection to a lost one

they mess with the true genuine memory someone has and put in theirs which are nothing more than the result of a cold reading and what the person wants to hear. All to line their pockets, deceit in its most disgusting form,

If you can hold a straight face and you go to one give false answers if they are right say there wrong and vice versa see what kind of reading you get then the only good thing to come out of them is James Randi

By *ark EdgeCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

Con and the gullible are easily parted from their money. Personally pyschics and the like are no better than people who con you on the door step. Mind they face prosecution, tge pyschics simply carry on ripping people off.

A load of pish

Psychic readings are great had a few very good ones

Total shite.

The problem is people want to believe and if you desire something strong enough you will justify it to yourself,

Look at peter popoff he was exposed as a cheat years ago by James Randi (on entry wife asked people to fill in cards all the essential info then fed it to him on a wireless microphone), Randi intercepted and showed the playback with the recording,

He went bankrupt but he is now back selling 'miracle water' doing his healing/reading crap and making millions,

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"The problem is people want to believe and if you desire something strong enough you will justify it to yourself,

Look at peter popoff he was exposed as a cheat years ago by James Randi (on entry wife asked people to fill in cards all the essential info then fed it to him on a wireless microphone), Randi intercepted and showed the playback with the recording,

He went bankrupt but he is now back selling 'miracle water' doing his healing/reading crap and making millions, "

Uri Geller actually admitted a few years ago that he was a fake, yet people have very short memories, and now he is back with his usual schtick.

We can't police other peoples beliefs. We can only make sure that we are true to ourselves. If people want to visit psychics then it's not my job to trash them.

"All I know is that next weeks "psychic`s convention" has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances."

I'm sat rolling at that one mao

I think its tosh, life is what you make it and isn't planned out

ashby de la zouch

"I was always a non believer till I went (very skeptically) with friends to someone highly recommended and they told me things that they could not have guessed. I've been a couple of times since that and still they picked stuff up including things they've been consistent with in each reading!

Perfect . Now just because you have been CONvinced does not mean the story is convincing nor that this person is genuine x

So pm me their address I will go and prove they are fake x i have been to many now as a James randi stye atheist and all have failed the simple tests miserably

If they have a gift they will pass

It's finding a good one that makes the difference but sadly the majority are scammers!!"

Haha uri geller, ever see him on johnny Carson when they gave him untouched unprepared spoons, was brilliant

ashby de la zouch

Oops posted in the middle

I don't think any are good

I think them all manipulative even those who don't charge it's a smug control thing

ashby de la zouch

The good ones are the worst ones as they are the most contrived and manipulative

By *ark EdgeCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

"Psychic readings are great had a few very good ones "

And what does a "good" one look like?

Titz Towers, North Notts

"

... the only good thing to come out of them is James Randi

"

Can't beat James Randi; I've been a fan since his series on ITV 20 odd years ago

Me & my sister do tarrot all the time. Not because I think some mystic relm /being is going 2 send me a sign or something!! But, because its with my sister, we get to discuss & interrupt different things as cards come up. I've found it can unearth things I'm worried about or ae affecting me & not maybe admitted/realised myself.

Think clarvoiants are at best Derren Brown at worse fraudsters!!

I'm in the tosh brigade too

"Me & my sister do tarrot all the time. Not because I think some mystic relm /being is going 2 send me a sign or something!! But, because its with my sister, we get to discuss & interrupt different things as cards come up. I've found it can unearth things I'm worried about or ae affecting me & not maybe admitted/realised myself."

That's what tarot cards are for, nothing to do with making predictions,

"Psychic readings are great had a few very good ones

And what does a "good" one look like?"

A "good" one for me was being told I was pregnant - I hadn't filled anything out before going into the room and I'd found out I was pregnant two days prior

I'm actually looking into learning tarot if anyone can help(genuine only) pm me.

I regularly go to psychic centre. Personally I prefer a psychic medium and find thry are most accurate and have been right bout lot. All comes down to individuals. My best friend goes to psychic regularly and finds good comfort in hard times so that's good enough for me

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Funnily enough, it seems that tarot cards were just a form of playing card, used for an Italian sourced card game, in the 1400's, a while after general playing cards had started in Europe - 1300's.

I have no problem with anyone using anything to 'read fortunes' etc, and if someone really has some form of psychic ability, then I'd also be fine with them using some cards, crystal balls etc. But the evidence doesn't seem to be there for psychic powers, despite anecdotal reports that people have had what they believe to be accurate readings.

I think I'd be happy with people who purport to communicate with the dead, on behalf of grieving relatives, to be somewhat controlled. This is solely due to the fact that people in this state are vulnerable and open to manipulation etc. What form of control, I don't know. Others would argue for buyers to be beware, but we don't allow this in many other areas of business, where people pay money for services, and fraud and other controls exist.

So, I can't help feeling it's all tosh, but I'd love to see someone taking up Randi or other challenges, and winning, proving that they have psychic abilities.

"I'm actually looking into learning tarot if anyone can help(genuine only) pm me.

I regularly go to psychic centre. Personally I prefer a psychic medium and find thry are most accurate and have been right bout lot. All comes down to individuals. My best friend goes to psychic regularly and finds good comfort in hard times so that's good enough for me "

I am always happy to show anyone how to use the cards and develop, however, I am blocked from contacting you.

ashby de la zouch

I would suggest.. Instead of tarot try learning psychology and anthropology and then make some ink blot pictures honest simple and without mystical smoke x most people know the self truth yet often find it difficult to self address a second trusted person is often all that is required to UNLOCK sadly the charlatans use and distort this simple fact adding smoke and mirrors to capture the fertile mind of the victims

"Good Idea or Not?

Its definitely tosh but its theatrical tosh.

I had a tarot reading a few months back and one if the first things the woman said was that I had passion and like a bit of duvet dancing -actual words! Haha.

god we think alike must be telepathy.

"Good Idea or Not?

see i only see this post after i did my own and a word i never normally would use tosh , lolol weird.

"I had a tarot reading a few months back and one if the first things the woman said was that I had passion and like a bit of duvet dancing -actual words! Haha. "

I would have been surprised if they had said anything other for someone in their late 20s early 30s. They might have also said in the next few days you will buy a loaf of bread and milk although the vision wasn't clear if it would be 2 or 4 pints.

"Good Idea or Not?

Do you belive or is it all a load of tosh !! see i only see this post after i did my own and a word i never normally would use tosh , lolol weird."

I thought it sounded more polite than a load of bollocks

"Good Idea or Not?

Do you belive or is it all a load of tosh !! see i only see this post after i did my own and a word i never normally would use tosh , lolol weird.

I thought it sounded more polite than a load of bollocks "

me too , lol x xxxx

I have an uncanny talent for breast reading.. All I need to do is lay my hands on the bare breasts and move them around a bit and can tell your fortune very accuratly and the bonus is I do it for free !!

"Psychic readings are great had a few very good ones

And what does a "good" one look like?

A "good" one for me was being told I was pregnant - I hadn't filled anything out before going into the room and I'd found out I was pregnant two days prior"

Would question if youbsnd a friend sat in a waiting area discussing what you want to hear, I know people who did and they had sound equipment recording the waiting area,

But if you already knew you told them, ne hard to pin point when but a good cold reader will get it easy enough

"a load of pish and a way to take money from some of the vulnerable"

that's how I see it too

Of course its a load of tosh !! Take the medium that says " tell Jeff not to worry , Mable is content now and she says she lost 10p down the back of the sofa" Now why not take this opportunity to ask Mable what it is like where she is and what happens to us etc etc !!

By * and K coupleTV/TS  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Tosh

I can think of a better game to play with cards...strip poker

"Of course its a load of tosh !! Take the medium that says " tell Jeff not to worry , Mable is content now and she says she lost 10p down the back of the sofa" Now why not take this opportunity to ask Mable what it is like where she is and what happens to us etc etc !!"

Haha in looking for a hit get very vague info like a b then if miss can be changed to a d or c, but certainly not a full word.

Get the hit from someone and suddenly they can hear full articulate sentences, bit strange that why don't they come through and say its Derek for the beryl the lady sat in third row second from the left

Cold reading its a cool art, used to deceive though

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

I started training as a medium at the northern psychic centre, and was there for five years, one night we all turned up and the gates were closed, thirty mediums and not one of us saw it coming, I always have a laugh now when I tell people the northern psychic centre closed down due to unforeseen circumstances, strange but true.

xxx

» Add a new message to this topic