FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Rules and standards

Rules and standards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illyGrin OP   Woman  over a year ago

Medina

Why is it that people get so angry on here at people who are simply telling what they are looking for? It's like a crime to want a decent looking person only or to only want locals or people who can actually spell, etc etc...why is that? Is it because these people are insecure that they have to bitch and complain that they lack it by scolding the person who's looking? I'm curious.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

There are folk who will get angry and put others down in any walk of life. You are young and will come to realise (spelled the English way) this.

Don't let The Grammar Nazis grind ya down lass.

I have been to Circleville just south of Columbus and found all the folk there to be charming almost dandy....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Why is it that people get so angry on here at people who are simply telling what they are looking for? It's like a crime to want a decent looking person only or to only want locals or people who can actually spell, etc etc...why is that? Is it because these people are insecure that they have to bitch and complain that they lack it by scolding the person who's looking? I'm curious. "

Lots come on these forums as if it's a daily pilgrimage.

Some eat, sleep and shit on here so the daily grind has its toll.

Some suffer from permanent PMT so vent anger in frustration.

Some think this site is mums.net and rip into everyone and anyone.

Some think they are in a class room and better at grammar than anyone else.

Everyone has their own reasons to be grumpy or moody. But it's a lot safer 'running your mouth' behind a screen than out there in the real world as a smack in the mouth often hurts.

Enjoy and join in. If words could kill there would be no one left on this site.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

It's not just what we as individuals are seeking in sexual partners, you'll find those that are offended if you have an original thought.

What I've found on here is people take it as a personal slight if they're excluded in any way. If someone dares to have "professional" on their profile the "cleaners" take umbrage. If you're confident about your looks and have "good looking" the low self esteem, only here to get my ego massaged brigade lay into the "supermodels"...as for those not wishing to meet other ethnicities?!! Not to be confused with whites only seeking BBC...

London

"Why is it that people get so angry on here at people who are simply telling what they are looking for? It's like a crime to want a decent looking person only or to only want locals or people who can actually spell, etc etc...why is that? Is it because these people are insecure that they have to bitch and complain that they lack it by scolding the person who's looking? I'm curious.

Lots come on these forums as if it's a daily pilgrimage.

Some eat, sleep and shit on here so the daily grind has its toll.

Some suffer from permanent PMT so vent anger in frustration.

Some think this site is mums.net and rip into everyone and anyone.

Some think they are in a class room and better at grammar than anyone else.

Everyone has their own reasons to be grumpy or moody. But it's a lot safer 'running your mouth' behind a screen than out there in the real world as a smack in the mouth often hurts.

Enjoy and join in. If words could kill there would be no one left on this site.

"

I thought the post was a general observation about the site,not a whinge about people that use the forums

Maybe I need another cuppa

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

only 1 set of rules to concern yourself: the sites

only 1 set of standards to worry about: your own

be true to both of the above, you will have a great time.

enjoy

London

"I thought the post was a general observation about the site,not a whinge about people that use the forums

Maybe I need another cuppa "

Could be because people do use the forums to vent about being excluded from profiles?

A good question by the OP so let me add to the debate. Are the people who get angry doing so because they use this site 'in place of...' as opposed to 'in addition to...'?

"only 1 set of rules to concern yourself: the sites

only 1 set of standards to worry about: your own

be true to both of the above, you will have a great time.

enjoy"

Should that not be site's in your first point?

[Removed by poster at 26/09/13 09:36:17]

"A good question by the OP so let me add to the debate. Are the people who get angry doing so because they use this site 'in place of...' as opposed to 'in addition to...'?

"

A very valid point.

[Removed by poster at 26/09/13 09:47:47]

"

Don't let The Grammar Nazis grind ya down lass.

"

Think you kinda missed the point superram ... OP is one of the 'grammar nazis' and she's asking why people take offence when she insists on her version of 'perfection'.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

OP- I think you need to care less about those who do not fit your criteria, and more about those that do, you will never please everyone.

"Why is it that people get so angry on here at people who are simply telling what they are looking for? It's like a crime to want a decent looking person only or to only want locals or people who can actually spell, etc etc...why is that? Is it because these people are insecure that they have to bitch and complain that they lack it by scolding the person who's looking? I'm curious. "

I get scolded and praised - proves you cannot please everyone, so why try?

I do like to come in the forum and get into a debate, even if that debate is someone whining about the very thing you're stating (says one grammar Nazi to another). Most of the time I laugh at those getting on their high horses but have been known to do the same thing. When you become passionate about your own point of _iew others can appear idiotic, likewise vice versa .

Back to your preferences, stick to them because if you don't, the only person you'll be cheating, is yourself .

» Add a new message to this topic