FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > how honest are you??

how honest are you??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Over the weekend a member of staff rang in and just blatantly said 'im not coming in, i cant be arsed'

It was her last 2 shifts with the company and she promised to work them during the week but had changed her mind. We were left short on the floor for staffing numbers. While s tiny part of me was miffed i liked the fact she was honest..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

good on her, wish more people said and did what they thought, she was leaving anyway, so wouldn't of done much work...

"Over the weekend a member of staff rang in and just blatantly said 'im not coming in, i cant be arsed'

It was her last 2 shifts with the company and she promised to work them during the week but had changed her mind. We were left short on the floor for staffing numbers. While s tiny part of me was miffed i liked the fact she was honest.."

I think sometimes I'm too honest for my own good.

If being made redundant then good for her. If not whikst not ideal at least she honest as you say.

As much as I kind of admire her no I wouldn't ever call my boss up even on my notice and say I can't be arsed. In saying that I wouldn't pull a sickie either

In most other aspects of life I'm very honest sometimes too honest

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I guess it's better her not being there than her being there but doing a half areas job.

What would frustrate me more is there is nothing the company can do about it.

I'm very honest but also very true to my word so if I have said I will do something I will do it.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Hope she won't need to ask for a reference from them!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Hope she won't need to ask for a reference from them! "

Most companies don't write proper references these days, just statements of work so if the rest of her attendance etc was ok it won't reflect this.

I lie through my teeth all the time, but only to myself, lol.

I real life i am mostly honest, unless its going to upset someone too much.

Here on FAB totally honest, after all people need to know what they are getting into....

"Hope she won't need to ask for a reference from them! "

She starts her new job today.. but that would have been my only worry with doing what she did.

id still have stuck to my word and agreed to work it. Im a team player

Im honest but not that honest, i think thats just being rude, i dont like letting people down. You wouldnt get a polish worker doing that would you

If she had agreed to do the work especialy.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Im honest but not that honest, i think thats just being rude, i dont like letting people down. You wouldnt get a polish worker doing that would you

If she had agreed to do the work especialy. "

Eh? I'm pretty sure Polish people are the same as the rest of us when it comes to honesty and some of them might well do that.

"Im honest but not that honest, i think thats just being rude, i dont like letting people down. You wouldnt get a polish worker doing that would you

Eh? I'm pretty sure Polish people are the same as the rest of us when it comes to honesty and some of them might well do that. "

Probably, just that everyone always seems to be saying they work harder and are nicer.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Eh? I'm pretty sure Polish people are the same as the rest of us when it comes to honesty and some of them might well do that.

Probably, just that everyone always seems to be saying they work harder and are nicer. "

You don't want to believe everything you hear Ena. Polish people are just like us except they're from Poland lol.

Gd for her me personaly I'm a team player there's no I in team lol

By *ree8iveMan  over a year ago

CORNWALL

Eh? I'm pretty sure Polish people are the same as the rest of us when it comes to honesty and some of them might well do that. "

Ohhh! Well, if its about being honest, I was wondering what a polish worker did..if it was like French polishing or a PC term for a cleaner...then I thought some more about French polishing..and went totally off track....;)

Years ago I rang in sick at work and told my boss that I wasn't going to lie, I had a really bad hangover and couldn't stop being sick. She said she was glad I was honest with her and at least I didn't try to do the fake sicky voice

I feel bad having to take time off work when i am ill so dont see the point of taking time off work when im not.

"Gd for her me personaly I'm a team player there's no I in team lol "

But there is a 'me'.

I'm always honest on here. Probably my downfall

"Gd for her me personaly I'm a team player there's no I in team lol "

+1

,i work a sat niteshift had many a cal l at silly o clock saying there sick,U can hear the d*unken voice lol but i personally would have worked my notice as wouldnt get paid and let the team down,admire her Honesty just couldnt do it myself

As for here i like to be honest ish when people ask where i live It is hastings way,as people never heard of where i am everything else im honest abt

By *ickndomCouple  over a year ago

Wimborne

I am both honest and out spoken, and I wish I wasn't, but we are who we are

People say they prefer people to be honest, but theres probably to honest, I say if you don't want to hear it don't ask it.

I once told my manager that whilst he's a great guy, he had no people skills and couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery, I had far more experience than him as a manager and was trying to help in on the QT, 1 week later he had me fired

Hopefully he as become a better manager, but theres no chance i'll change, to northern I think

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

let it be reflected in her reference.

hope she enjoyed her rest.

Wimborne

Can't do that, its illegal to give some one a negative ref,

"Can't do that, its illegal to give some one a negative ref, "

theres way of wording things and sometimes it what you dont say that screams volumes.

By *exycleanerWoman  over a year ago

pontefract

thats why i have never done it always worked out my notice in case i not get a reference but then thats me and who i am

x

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Can't do that, its illegal to give some one a negative ref,

theres way of wording things and sometimes it what you dont say that screams volumes. "

Exactly, just a reference confirming that they worked from this date to that date is enough.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Im guessing that it being her last shift then the reference has already been done??

Good on her for being honest, I wouldnt have been that blunt...Not for something like that!

erm you might want to check that!

dirtybigbadsgirlville

erm you might want to check that! "

Hmmmm I have ticked the "no" box next to the question "Would you re employ?"

Great new name cute.

I have twice walked away from a job, first time I went into work to try and find cover as I was duty manager but when I couldn't move without throwing up and couldn't get cover I got my hubby to come get me. Second time I was on probation and because I didn't meet targets (very long and boring story) they decided I wasn't suitable but wanted me to continue for a couple weeks to keep the sales coming in. I told them what to do with their plastic cups and walked.

I'm honestly to honest. There are times when lying would honestly be better, of course I bend the truth from time to time... And can lie exceptionally well to most people..

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Its not the kind of honesty I would admire to be honest.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Really ...

erm you might want to check that! Hmmmm I have ticked the "no" box next to the question "Would you re employ?" "

I've provided a couple of negative references and refused to provide one along with a note as to why.

Employers must provide an honest reference, that's all.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

erm you might want to check that! Hmmmm I have ticked the "no" box next to the question "Would you re employ?"

I've provided a couple of negative references and refused to provide one along with a note as to why.

Employers must provide an honest reference, that's all."

"Great new name cute. "

Thank you, just took a month out

Wimborne

erm you might want to check that! Hmmmm I have ticked the "no" box next to the question "Would you re employ?"

Employers must provide an honest reference, that's all."

Any reference you send to a prospective employer on a ex employee is subject to dis closer under the human rights act.

You owe a duty of care to the ex-employee in providing a reference to a prospective employer. Your duty is to take reasonable care in the preparation of the reference and you will be liable to the employee in negligence if you fail to do so and the employee suffers loss or damage as a result.

You are quite right in saying that you can say the truth in a reference but this is often dangerous ground as a statement must be provable in a court of law, and we all know how difficult that can be.

It is an unusual practice to give a bad reference. In plain English, it is just not good policy.

If an employee has under performed or has not come up to expectactions, any reference should simply say enough about the employee to alert any future employer without being rude about the employee.

In other words, saying nothing about a given aspect of an employees performance, is the same as switching on a fire alarm. Any prospective employer will pick up on what is not said rather than what is said in a reference

"Gd for her me personaly I'm a team player there's no I in team lol

But there is a 'me'."

I'm brutally honest, I don't tell lies, and i don't save peoples feelings either...

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

"I am both honest and out spoken, and I wish I wasn't, but we are who we are

People say they prefer people to be honest, but theres probably to honest, I say if you don't want to hear it don't ask it.

I once told my manager that whilst he's a great guy, he had no people skills and couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery, I had far more experience than him as a manager and was trying to help in on the QT, 1 week later he had me fired

Hopefully he as become a better manager, but theres no chance i'll change, to northern I think "

This is me, again I use the Northern excuse too!!!

I told my manager he couldn't manage a piss up in a pub, he is the general manager of the pub/restaurant I currently work in.

My new assistant manager is even worse. Glad I'm leaving in 17 days!!

I'm far too honest for my own good

Honest or not, he/she would not get a reference from me!

Wimborne

"I am both honest and out spoken, and I wish I wasn't, but we are who we are

Hopefully he as become a better manager, but theres no chance i'll change, to northern I think

This is me, again I use the Northern excuse too!!!

I told my manager he couldn't manage a piss up in a pub, he is the general manager of the pub/restaurant I currently work in.

My new assistant manager is even worse. Glad I'm leaving in 17 days!!"

Employers must provide an honest reference, that's all.

Any reference you send to a prospective employer on a ex employee is subject to dis closer under the human rights act.

You owe a duty of care to the ex-employee in providing a reference to a prospective employer. Your duty is to take reasonable care in the preparation of the reference and you will be liable to the employee in negligence if you fail to do so and the employee suffers loss or damage as a result.

You are quite right in saying that you can say the truth in a reference but this is often dangerous ground as a statement must be provable in a court of law, and we all know how difficult that can be.

It is an unusual practice to give a bad reference. In plain English, it is just not good policy.

If an employee has under performed or has not come up to expectactions, any reference should simply say enough about the employee to alert any future employer without being rude about the employee.

In other words, saying nothing about a given aspect of an employees performance, is the same as switching on a fire alarm. Any prospective employer will pick up on what is not said rather than what is said in a reference"

Thanks for the guidance. It would be more credible if you'd not stated that providing a negative reference was illegal.

If an employee doesn't turn up for work and you state so in a reference I'd say you're on pretty safe ground. That being an indisputable fact etc.

I haven't been taken to court yet. In all cases I've informed the people that they wouldn't be getting a great reference - and pointed out that had they informed me in advance I'd have advised them not to use me in the first place. Surprising how short some peoples memories are though.

"I think sometimes I'm too honest for my own good. "

it gets me into too much trouble.

when my brther and his ex split up (i was a friend to her and she told me things she probably shouldnt have) and he was going through the mill, blaming himself and so on, i just couldnt help telling him that she was sleeping with all and sundry while he was at work.

yes, i probably should have kept quiet and just helped him with his demons, but he said it was all his fault for the breakup, so i didnt think it was fair.

always tell people what i feel, and they do the same to me, so its a much better relationship i have with people than a hidden one where we all talk behind each others backs.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I'm honest about me. I won't lie for other people but I do keep their secrets.

Wimborne

"

Thanks for the guidance. It would be more credible if you'd not stated that providing a negative reference was illegal.

If an employee doesn't turn up for work and you state so in a reference I'd say you're on pretty safe ground. That being an indisputable fact etc."

Not wishing to get into an argument about this but its not indisputable, if the ex employee claims he was ill or says he received a telephone call asking him not to come into work and then claimed he was fired for bad time keeping there is an element of doubt

I'm sure like 95% of us your a decent and honest kind of guy, a chair is a chair, and a spade is a spade, sadly all to often this is our down fall, so I guess that answers the question "how honest are you" is

Sadly to honest

'Didn't turn up for work because they're a lazy ass shit that doesn't care about their work.'

vs

'Failed to arrive for work for the final day of the agreed contract.'

The 'your word' thing works both ways and I tend to think if you stick to the facts you're unlikely to go far wrong.

Honesty has got me into trouble frequently, but seldom in ways that have mattered too much.

By *oxerjoshleeMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I've been very dishonest in the past..... so much so I dare not post it.

At least I'm honest about it tho

» Add a new message to this topic