FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Didn't realise......

Didn't realise......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How attached we were to our old cat, she was 18 and had to have her put to sleep tonight, also had to take our old dog along as well as hes not been himself and they at first said they would put him to sleep too......... but let us bring him home to see how he goes for a while.... two in one evening was too much to handle... always thought I would be fine when the time came, but nope, made me cry !!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh that's so sad..hugs x

ahhhhh tyyyyy...... knew it was right thing to do just didnt make it any easier xxx

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

hugs

"How attached we were to our old cat, she was 18 and had to have her put to sleep tonight"

I'm sorry to hear that, you love your pets, and it always hurts when we lose a loved one. But on the other hand, you must have done a fantastic job of looking after your cat for her to have had such a good long life, and I'm sure she loved you too x

Pets become family members and its really difficult once there gone, that's so sad and enjoy the time you have left with your dog, hugs xx

By *andWCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd

Thoughts are with you, I know it's very painful but remember how wonderful you made their lives by looking after them so lovingly xx

thank you everyone for your lovely messages......yes she was lovely, boss of the house and demanded attention,.......just came as a bit of a shock to me when i burst out crying, I really thought i would be ok about it etc..... but now had time to think about it, glad we did the right thing for her

Been there and was one of the hardest tings i had to do (mine was only 4), just because they're older and ill doesn't make you miss them any less

so vry sorry 2 hear that hun big hugs n yes vry hard wen u have cared n lvd them so long ,,

"Pets become family members and its really difficult once there gone, that's so sad and enjoy the time you have left with your dog, hugs xx"
ah ty........ i even hugged the dog when he came back with hubby and daughter, how daft is that lol.... afraid I bottled out going to vets , couldnt face going!!!!

Aww, take care x

I've been there myself, xx

A lot of non pet owners will never understand how much a part if the family they become. X

Awwwww so sorry x

Aww! Poor you.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

so sorry to hear such sad news. Had to have a cat put to sleep recently due to a fractured pelvis. I still get emotional now, as her sister pines for her. Hugs xx

I got to admit, I have always been the type of person who has said when the time comes, the time comes and sort of brushed it off when people have said how upset they were when losing a pet....... I take it all back now, as I didnt realise how much they meant to us!!!!!!

So sorry to hear about your loss, at least your cat is at peace now and isnt in any pain or suffering xx

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Thats really sad I hope the dog picks up for you x

"So sorry to hear about your loss, at least your cat is at peace now and isnt in any pain or suffering xx"
yes agree and ty............ found out she had a tumour that had grown in her jaw bone and had burst through into her mouth, we took her as she had been bleeding from the mouth...... xx

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

Sorry to hear your sad news. My cat was 18 too when we had to have him put to sleep because of a tumour in his throat - I cried like a baby.

Easing a pet's suffering is a final and most unselfish act. Your cat had a long and enjoyable life because of the love and care you provided. Be comforted by that.

I hope you can also enjoy every moment you have left with your dog.

xx

"So sorry to hear about your loss, at least your cat is at peace now and isnt in any pain or suffering xxyes agree and ty............ found out she had a tumour that had grown in her jaw bone and had burst through into her mouth, we took her as she had been bleeding from the mouth...... xx"

What a wee shame she must of been in a lot of pain xx

By *eareenaCouple  over a year ago

Rockford

My heart goes out to you xxxx

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Our family dog died naturally 12 yrs ago this week. The same week we'd buried my gran (my mothers mum), mum was holding it together for everyone else. Then she found the dog n that just did for her.

Dad called n I was in bits, even tho it was my sisters dog which mum adopted supposedly but we'd had her 15 yrs.

They are part of the family, it is a loss just like losing a member of family.

Big hugs to you, hope your dog perks up.

Aww I had to give my cat that followed me 2 miles home through the snow as a kitten and that stayed with us for 15 years to a new home due to losing my own home,not quite the same but still feels like part of the family is lost

Its always hard making the decision to let a beloved pet go. You gave your cat a good life.

Enjoy the time you have with your dog.

Hugs to you all xx

Hugs.. I know that feeling well !!

Thank you all for your lovely messages has made me feel so much better....... tyyyyyyyyy xxx

i know how you feel, you dont realise how upseting it will be when they die.

we even cried when our rabbit died.

still miss my two dogs that died years ago.

By *hecat007Woman  over a year ago

Round the corner

Bless you I had same hard decision to make last year my little cat was 17 and she was doing well till she had a stroke and couldn't co ordinate her little legs was heart breaking truly .took her to pets cremation and have a casket I can still shed a tear and have done now reading this thread ....(hugs) hope you have lots of lovely memories

» Add a new message to this topic