FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Political Asylum.....

Political Asylum.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone else think its ironic that this phrase is used frequently yet for me the word "Asylum" conjures images of a hospital/prison for the clinically insane ??

On that premise does that mean all asylum seekers are simply searching for the comfort of an institute for the insane ?? And based on that does that then mean the UK is considered a home for the clinically insane ??

Discuss lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i thought that politicial asylum means that the 1st country they stop in they have to be givem refuge

By *ittenandthepirateCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Not ironic at all considering an asylum also means a place offering shelter and safety which is what political refugees are seeking.

"Not ironic at all considering an asylum also means a place offering shelter and safety which is what political refugees are seeking."

Yes i know that i was being sarcastic and having a bit of fun

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"i thought that politicial asylum means that the 1st country they stop in they have to be givem refuge "

Nope

The first country they stop in isn't a requirement. It's just one of those things that allow people to get angry with everything. People seek asylum for a variety of reasons but are looking for the safest place not just the place next door to the unsafe place!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I got the sarcasm but can't think of a witty reply.

At least they don't ask for political institutionalisation - we have Parliament for that.

"I got the sarcasm but can't think of a witty reply.

At least they don't ask for political institutionalisation - we have Parliament for that."

Lol

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"i thought that politicial asylum means that the 1st country they stop in they have to be givem refuge

Nope

The first country they stop in isn't a requirement. It's just one of those things that allow people to get angry with everything. People seek asylum for a variety of reasons but are looking for the safest place not just the place next door to the unsafe place! "

It's not an absolute requirement but "their claim may be harmed if they delayed claiming asylum without good reason, or if they have been convicted of a criminal offence such as using false travel documentation, or if they did not claim asylum in the first safe country they reached after leaving their own country (known as a ‘safe third country’)."

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I note the Tory-run Home Office has hired a fleet of vans to drive round Barnet, Hounslow, Barking and Dagenham, Ealing, Brent and Redbridge with posters on the side urging illegal immigrants to return home.

The scheme costs just under £10,000, which is cheaper than forcibly removing someone. That process costs about £15,000.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23419848

» Add a new message to this topic