FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Age?

Age?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know age is just a number, but at what point does it come relevant even when its legal?

For example if a 25 year old went out with a 20 year old. It's legal and people won't think its a problem. If someone was 20 and the other was 15. Then its illegal and their will be major issues.

If lady is 19. How old can they go for sex/relationship with people not saying "she's too young for him", etc? Also if you were in your 20s how young would you go and if you were 19. How old would you go?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was mortified when my daughter was 16 and she started dating a guy of 24. Lets just say I made my feelings quite clear to the guy! It was hard stepping back and letting nature do it's thing.. But I knew If I had persued the issue I would have pushed my daughter closer to him! Thankfully, it didn't last long!!

"I was mortified when my daughter was 16 and she started dating a guy of 24. Lets just say I made my feelings quite clear to the guy! It was hard stepping back and letting nature do it's thing.. But I knew If I had persued the issue I would have pushed my daughter closer to him! Thankfully, it didn't last long!!"

Didn't realise how old you were then . If your daughter was 19. How old would you say its ok or even not think about it?

If you are both over 21 then i dont think its that big of a deal.

My opinion

My daughter was 16 not 19. I didn't think it was right a guy of 24 wanting to be with her. Especially as she had just turned 16... Wrong!!

She's now 22 and my other daughter is 19 and they both solid as individuals to take on board any relatinship they choose whatever age the guy may be.

When I was 18 I started dating a guy who was 9 years older than me... Now more than 20 years later we are still together. I am very well aware that I was the exception to the rule though...

"My daughter was 16 not 19. I didn't think it was right a guy of 24 wanting to be with her. Especially as she had just turned 16... Wrong!!

She's now 22 and my other daughter is 19 and they both solid as individuals to take on board any relationship they choose whatever age the guy may be."

Basically I have seen a couple of girls and they do look incredibly young even though they are 18/19. However I work with a mate of there's who is 19 and she looks her age, maybe a year or two older. But it got me thinking is 26 and 19 to much of a gap considering she's not even left young adulthood yet? Even If you thought it was fine, would age still pop into your head as in you may think "she maybe a tad young, but they make a nice couple"?

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"I was mortified when my daughter was 16 and she started dating a guy of 24. Lets just say I made my feelings quite clear to the guy! It was hard stepping back and letting nature do it's thing.. But I knew If I had persued the issue I would have pushed my daughter closer to him! Thankfully, it didn't last long!!"

your a better person than me think id be doing a lot more than talking to him. My own doughter just 11 guess iv got it all to come

"I was mortified when my daughter was 16 and she started dating a guy of 24. Lets just say I made my feelings quite clear to the guy! It was hard stepping back and letting nature do it's thing.. But I knew If I had persued the issue I would have pushed my daughter closer to him! Thankfully, it didn't last long!!

your a better person than me think id be doing a lot more than talking to him. My own doughter just 11 guess iv got it all to come "

Same with me. Hospitalised isn't the word I would use as it would be an understatement. Makes me happy i ain't got kids. Care too much to the point I could flip if that happened.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

age is irrevalent. if 2 people are happy and old enough to have there own mind. i couldnt have been with my boyfriend when he was 24 as i would of been 2. my sister at 17 was living with a guy of 48 it took my mum 2 years to cöme round. they where blissfully happy until sadly he died 6 years later

By *hyllyphyllyMan  over a year ago

Bradford

My daughter is 15 and will not be allowed to have a relationship....... EVER!

Am I being too harsh?

I think to make a relationship work you have to have some common interest and sometimes similar life experiences. That can be hard to find with such an age gap. I met my husband when i was 20 and he was 32. My parents were not too thrilled at first. They were worried about his true intentions. But i was in college, had a job and i had my own place. I was very much an adult. We have been together for 11 years now and couldn't be happier. It just felt right to the both of us.

"My daughter is 15 and will not be allowed to have a relationship....... EVER!

Am I being too harsh? "

I would be a hypocrite as a parent as if my son was changing and was smartening himself up in the mirror and he told me he pulled the previous week and was seeing different women on different days. As long as it was single girls he was seeing. I'd be saying "that's my boy" and grinning. However if it was my daughter. I'd be going nuts.

When I was 16 I was dating a guy of 28 didnt think anything of it, my dad on the other hand did. We stayed together until I was 18 and wanted to join the army, he said its me or the army,.i chose the army, cos noone owns me and I make my own choices.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"I know age is just a number, but at what point does it come relevant even when its legal?

For example if a 25 year old went out with a 20 year old. It's legal and people won't think its a problem. If someone was 20 and the other was 15. Then its illegal and their will be major issues?"

Just out of curiosity why is it illegal for a 15 year old and a 20 year old to go out together?

There is a formula for a man half your age then ad 7 and that's the youngest you should go for

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"My daughter was 16 not 19. I didn't think it was right a guy of 24 wanting to be with her. Especially as she had just turned 16... Wrong!!

She's now 22 and my other daughter is 19 and they both solid as individuals to take on board any relationship they choose whatever age the guy may be.

Basically I have seen a couple of girls and they do look incredibly young even though they are 18/19. However I work with a mate of there's who is 19 and she looks her age, maybe a year or two older. But it got me thinking is 26 and 19 to much of a gap considering she's not even left young adulthood yet? Even If you thought it was fine, would age still pop into your head as in you may think "she maybe a tad young, but they make a nice couple"? "

I married at 20, my husband was 30. My mother married at 19, my dad was 33. My marriage lasted 24 years and we're still good friends, my parents were married 47 years when mum died 11 years ago.

Who others want to date is not my concern. Personally I don't like extremes. I wouldn't look at anyone young enough to be my son or old enough to be my dad.

"I know age is just a number, but at what point does it come relevant even when its legal?

For example if a 25 year old went out with a 20 year old. It's legal and people won't think its a problem. If someone was 20 and the other was 15. Then its illegal and their will be major issues?

Just out of curiosity why is it illegal for a 15 year old and a 20 year old to go out together?"

well it depends on where you are, but I know here in Texas the age of consent is 17 so it would be a crime to have sex with a 15 year old.

Bradford

"

Just out of curiosity why is it illegal for a 15 year old and a 20 year old to go out together?"

If there's no sex then it's fine... I think it's just frowned upon

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

I was 15 when I met my (now) husband who was 21 at the time..it was 1984 so a world away from the goings on in todays world...having said that we behaved ourselves because we had respect for each other, and 30 years on we still have and are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in a Cpl of months time...

When I was 16 I was dating a guy of 27 and back then I thought I loved hin but after we broke up I saw why my parents were so against it, now im older I give my younger sisters advice on who not to pick for relationships I think now my sisters 15 if she were to date an older guy I would know how she feels but until they are 21 ilstill be a bit funny about guys they date

There is 20 years between my sister and her partner and they started dated when she was 16. He was 36. He had a daughter older than my sister.

My dad went nuts!!! Completely ape shit!! Still holds a large heap of hatred for that man.

It's 11 years later. They are still very much together, 2 children and I can't imagine her with anyone else. Personally I'm on marriage number 2 and generally make an ass of most relationships I get into

"I was mortified when my daughter was 16 and she started dating a guy of 24. Lets just say I made my feelings quite clear to the guy! It was hard stepping back and letting nature do it's thing.. But I knew If I had persued the issue I would have pushed my daughter closer to him! Thankfully, it didn't last long!!

Didn't realise how old you were then . If your daughter was 19. How old would you say its ok or even not think about it?"

I can speak from experience there, a couple of years ago my 17 year old daughter introduced me to her boyfriend who was in his 40s, lets just say I wasn't impressed in the slightest

By *arthGMan  over a year ago

sidcup

They say age isn't nothing but a number but for some reason most girls I knew from school when I was 15 had boyfriends from the 20+ age when asked why they said more mature more money some younger people are attracted to older people I guess but I think there is a thin line here

By *ire_bladeMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Didn't realise how old you were then . If your daughter was 19. How old would you say its ok or even not think about it?

I can speak from experience there, a couple of years ago my 17 year old daughter introduced me to her boyfriend who was in his 40s, lets just say I wasn't impressed in the slightest "

id kill him its that simple an if I didn't her brother would hes more protective than me. Great to see tho as there only half brother an sis

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

For example if a 25 year old went out with a 20 year old. It's legal and people won't think its a problem. If someone was 20 and the other was 15. Then its illegal and their will be major issues.

If lady is 19. How old can they go for sex/relationship with people not saying "she's too young for him", etc? Also if you were in your 20s how young would you go and if you were 19. How old would you go?"

'Went out' ??? What does that mean?

A 20 year old can 'go out' with a 15 year old.

A 20 year old cannot legally have sex with a 15 year old.

Bradford

"

"

Aye, even if the 15 year old (boy or girl) gives their permission to have sex, it's Statutory Rape.

No ifs. no buts, no defence.

Morrigan and I first met when she was 16 and were friends of friends over the years our friendship grew and when she hit 19 she asked me out we have been together ever since, her Dad and step mum are happy for us but her Mum and step Dad are not

If lady is 19. How old can they go for sex/relationship with people not saying "she's too young for him", etc? Also if you were in your 20s how young would you go and if you were 19. How old would you go?

'Went out' ??? What does that mean?

A 20 year old can 'go out' with a 15 year old.

"

By going out. I mean have a proper relationship. Seeing each other as a couple would, having sex, etc.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"

Aye, even if the 15 year old (boy or girl) gives their permission to have sex, it's Statutory Rape.

No ifs. no buts, no defence."

Actually as long there as no power imbalance nor any coercive substances used its very unlikely any charges would be made!!!

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

I was 24 and Kate was 17 when we met 32yrs ago.

My mom didn't like it, neither did Kates mom.

It's worked for us though

This is something at the moment we aregoing through my son Iis 15. 16 this year and is going out with a 18 year old girl...they claim nothing is going off sexually as ive got my eye on them trust me)..but I think its wrong yes be friends!

That I can deal with..

My son is 15 going on 20 older head on his sholders and all

But then again who ever listned to there mum & dad...I was 14 when I lost my virginity. .who am I to give advice but I want diffrent for him...im way to strict with my kids than what my parents were wh me!!....

"I was 24 and Kate was 17 when we met 32yrs ago.

My mom didn't like it, neither did Kates mom.

It's worked for us though "

aww thats a great story guys!...lovely x( f)

"This is something at the moment we aregoing through my son Iis 15. 16 this year and is going out with a 18 year old girl...they claim nothing is going off sexually as ive got my eye on them trust me)..but I think its wrong yes be friends!

That I can deal with..

But then again who ever listned to there mum & dad...I was 14 when I lost my virginity. .who am I to give advice but I want diffrent for him...im way to strict with my kids than what my parents were wh me!!...."

Okay. It's wrong for 2 people under 16 to do it. But I rather two 15 year olds do it. Rather than a 16 year old and someone whose old enough to be a grand dad.

If it was up to me. No one would start doing it until they have left school.

"This is something at the moment we aregoing through my son Iis 15. 16 this year and is going out with a 18 year old girl...they claim nothing is going off sexually as ive got my eye on them trust me)..but I think its wrong yes be friends!

That I can deal with..

But then again who ever listned to there mum & dad...I was 14 when I lost my virginity. .who am I to give advice but I want diffrent for him...im way to strict with my kids than what my parents were wh me!!....

Okay. It's wrong for 2 people under 16 to do it. But I rather two 15 year olds do it. Rather than a 16 year old and someone whose old enough to be a grand dad.

If it was up to me. No one would start doing it until they have left school. "

fair point..xx

That I can deal with..

If it was up to me. No one would start doing it until they have left school. fair point..xx "

Anyway my point was if a 26 year old guy started seeing a 19 year old girl. Would age difference come to your head at all? How would you feel if it was your daughter?

"

No ifs. no buts, no defence."

Not in the UK.

There's no such crime as statutory rape and the law allows for people under 24 to have a mistaken belief that someone might be 16 if they look it and they're 15.

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

"My daughter is 15 and will not be allowed to have a relationship....... EVER!

Am I being too harsh? "

ive three girls there not either

» Add a new message to this topic