FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > weights and punching bag

weights and punching bag

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

hey i wanna start and build my muscle i useto have back in the day i no i still have muscle memory but i wanna no best ways to build arms back and chest up i use punching bag and weights cheers guys :D

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Punching bags are best for cardiovascular fitness and conditioning, but for size weights are better, if you want more muscle mass you need to get stronger.

"hey i wanna start and build my muscle i useto have back in the day i no i still have muscle memory but i wanna no best ways to build arms back and chest up i use punching bag and weights cheers guys :D"

If you want to get ripped use lighter weights more reps if you want to bulk do more weight less reps

Do 2 body parts at a time 1 push 1 pull

well im doing sit ups to do a bit of stomach weights on my excuse my muscle talk not clue what it is lol on my backs of my arms and fronts i no what i mean lol 3 sets of 12 then tommorow up it to 3 sets of 14 yesterday it was 3 sets of 10 also lifting weight up and down for lower back and after all that 10-15 min on the punching bag

"hey i wanna start and build my muscle i useto have back in the day i no i still have muscle memory but i wanna no best ways to build arms back and chest up i use punching bag and weights cheers guys :D

If you want to get ripped use lighter weights more reps if you want to bulk do more weight less reps"

That's a common misconception, if a person wants more muscular definition you do that by reducing your bodyfat levels, and you build more muscle by gradually increasing your strength, the rep range you choose is whatever you feel most comfortable with but by and large, most trainers would recommend somewhere between 5-10 reps as the best range, any lower and its pure strength training, any higher is for conditioning.

basically lmao i wanna be masive help me lol im getting comfused lmao

"basically lmao i wanna be masive help me lol im getting comfused lmao"

Define 'massive'?

big arms big chest big sholders strong back

Then you need to focus on lifts like Bench and Overhead Presses, Barbell Curls, Rows and Pull Ups, those are the best upper body builders - few people have the natural genetics to get 'massive' though, even as they get stronger, unless they start taking steroids.

"big arms big chest big sholders strong back"

And matchstick legs I assume?

i have large legs regardless

"Then you need to focus on lifts like Bench and Overhead Presses, Barbell Curls, Rows and Pull Ups, those are the best upper body builders - few people have the natural genetics to get 'massive' though, even as they get stronger, unless they start taking steroids."

i was talking to my mate few days back he says i have the ideal build to be bigger then my mate whos same height as me due to me having large well i dont think they are but a large upper torso already (not fat)

Wrap a tape measure around your wrist, the circumference gives a good indicator of a persons size potential.

"i have large legs regardless "

But no mention of leg training, so if you get massive, you'll be outta proportion. makes me laugh, the amount of guys who just work on the t shirt muscles, then in the summer they all look like they've got two bits of cotton dangling down from their shorts haha

ill try and find out in the house or go knocking on someones house across the road who i no will have 1

Diet is just as important.

So I've read anyway...

you aint taking my biscuits and bacon away!!

"you aint taking my biscuits and bacon away!!"

I don't mean it like that (although less body fat = more visable muscle definition), I mean getting more protein into your diet to give muscles what they need to grow.

The amount of protein people who exercise to increase mass injest compared to a 'regular' diet is quite substantial.

"hey i wanna start and build my muscle i useto have back in the day i no i still have muscle memory but i wanna no best ways to build arms back and chest up i use punching bag and weights cheers guys :D"

I'd say concentrate on one thing as when you train for different things at the same time. Usually they cancel each other out.

Whatever you focus on. Train hard on that first for a few months. Do the same body part every 5 days if you can. If you go over 7 days you won't see results. After 3-4 months. You will see your body peaking and you won't be able to train any harder than what you started with. So you stop that completely and do cardio for a couple of weeks. Using the same machines every 5 days and do very light weights so your muscle memory won't go. Then stop after 2 weeks and start the cycle again. Once you have done the cycle twice. Reverse it so you do more cardio than weights and during the break do 2 weeks heavy lifting, but with light cardio to go with it.

so i can just eat meat and fruit? id gladly do that!!

Get yourself on bodybuilding website,loads of advice on there.

"so i can just eat meat and fruit? id gladly do that!!"

Drink water and juice. A pint of water before bed and a glass of either in the morning and you'll see results without even changing what you eat. But they say its not all about big meals. Rather than a lot of small meals, which is borderline impossible these days. As the diet says to eat every 2.5/3 hours and employers tend to push you to the 4+ hour mark before they give you a break.

join a site called uk muscle they have great plans take protine powder and creatine eat shit loads of foods with high protine only high carbs morning to afternoon and the. low carbs at night after six months realise that ur not gettig as big as you hoped so then go to the doctors get blood work done for testosterone levels have a quite word with ur gp whe. you get an all clear go get some steroids take about 2ml a week for 12 weeks then start ur PCT ( post cycle theropy) very important as it balances ur hormones back to normal and notice the gains hope this helped if you need any more info pls msg me OHH AND DO LOTS OF REASHERCH BEFORE TAKEING THEM DONT JUST TAKE SOMEONES WORD FOR IT they can be ur best friend or worst enemy make sure u know howto use first please xx

Also the more supplements you will gain a certain amount of weight before you stop and all thy will be done within the first few months. How much spends on how hard you train/rest/eat properly and on the person too. However you stop taking them and you will reduce your size/shape drastically. So try training as hard as you can when you go to the gym without any supplements such as energy drinks, shakes, etc. just have good rest and eat lots and you'll never lose your size or suffer a burn out.

yeah my mates on bull testosterone and my god hes huge but you tick him off and fuck me you no about it

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Dedication, time , diet, and compound moves, I would suggest a little reading and self education. For the goals you have told us i will reiterate punch bag and ab work are not the best use of your time.. dead lifts are squats are bench and maybe for you chin ups

As you are 22 and asking such questions I shall ignore that you said you were bigger back in the day . Muscle memory usually refers to it remembering a specific movement not remembering how big it has been x

After a while getting to know the moves you will establish a better brain muscle neural connection which is one reason your first months should see quite impressive apparent strength gain

The thing about roid rage is if ur an asshole youll become 10x more an asshole if your laid back ok certain things may anoy you faster but not to the point of being a serial killer lol thats only my experiance tho different people may have seen different thingd just remember DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST xxxxx hope I have helped xx

If you take any form of steroid whilst training. You will lose your temper alot quicker and when you go off them you will lose everything that you trained for and people will think of you the same way as they do bouncers/doormen. Basically they think you are only hard because you relay on pills and you're too weak to train the old fashioned way. Plus a lot of roid heads are dull on top of that.

LIFT , EAT ,SLEEP and repeat!! Seriously train for at least a year before even thinking about gear! And pay for nutritional advice!...ie how many grams of protein a day etc! All the best chap and don't be an ego lifter keep heavy but have good form beat way to tell.... If you hear people laughing in the gym when u are lifting! Don't b afraid to ask instructors for help/advice

Have you thought about taking up crossfit, if you have anything local to you?

That is in general pretty motivational and focuses on getting fit and building muscle. Whilst it wont build you up as quick as a dedicated bulk routine as you do get bigger I reckon you'll end up fitter and stronger than if you simply bulk.

If you just want to bulk then focus on compound lifts and throw in a few exercises that isolate muscles too. Eat properly as well, your body wont develop if it isn't fuelled correctly.

"If you take any form of steroid whilst training. You will lose your temper alot quicker and when you go off them you will lose everything that you trained for and people will think of you the same way as they do bouncers/doormen. Basically they think you are only hard because you relay on pills and you're too weak to train the old fashioned way. Plus a lot of roid heads are dull on top of that. "
errrr okay but its 90% how you use them if u abuse then yes bit if you use them properly then id have to disagree as for dull ?? Again most people who take steroids know more about anabolics than most doctors because they research them not to forget that these guys arnt doing steroids to get high there doing it because they strive to be better than better to cross the line of peak performance so I realy would not use the analogy that you did as for hard yes thats another miss conception THEY DO ACTUALLY MAKE YOU STRONGER Proven fact thats why athletes use them so often I am not tryi g to piss anyone off hear just wish people actually knew what they were talking about ohh and before anyone says they make. Ur balls small yes if you dont use a PCT plan but any " sted head " would know that sorry if I have anoyed anyone xxxx

"If you take any form of steroid whilst training. You will lose your temper alot quicker and when you go off them you will lose everything that you trained for and people will think of you the same way as they do bouncers/doormen. Basically they think you are only hard because you relay on pills and you're too weak to train the old fashioned way. Plus a lot of roid heads are dull on top of that. errrr okay but its 90% how you use them if u abuse then yes bit if you use them properly then id have to disagree as for dull ?? Again most people who take steroids know more about anabolics than most doctors because they research them not to forget that these guys arnt doing steroids to get high there doing it because they strive to be better than better to cross the line of peak performance so I realy would not use the analogy that you did as for hard yes thats another miss conception THEY DO ACTUALLY MAKE YOU STRONGER Proven fact thats why athletes use them so often I am not tryi g to piss anyone off hear just wish people actually knew what they were talking about ohh and before anyone says they make. Ur balls small yes if you dont use a PCT plan but any " sted head " would know that sorry if I have anoyed anyone xxxx"

You haven't annoyed anyone. I knew someone who said all this and ok. When they took the stuff it did show physically. Yet I noticed they got more and more arrogant because of it and always wanted to start fights or got wound up more easily. Also when they came off it they lost a lot of their size. Nothing wrong with training hard and getting the right routine/diet/rest as that way you won't lose that much weight then of you miss a meal now and then. I know plenty of people who gain strength and muscle by not using supplements and it all looks natural and it looks a lot nicer too.

Lol im not hear to try to piss anyone of lol or stary arguments so I dont lke people thinking im being rude or funny I toataly agree whith what you say it is just that training 5 days a week all year round can get people down unless they are committed and no matter who you are when training u will always one day start thinking about the dark side lol I just dont like the thought off some poor guy going out getting some steroids and jabbing too much or hitting a vain so like I pointed out to the OP for him to research first then make an informed decision and not just to take sumones word for it xxx but do agree natural is better xxxxx

Ill be going natural all my friends are on roids and are not them selfes id rather do it with a little advice and my diet sucks but ill build up slow probobly bit uneven but its trial and error

"Ill be going natural all my friends are on roids and are not them selfes id rather do it with a little advice and my diet sucks but ill build up slow probobly bit uneven but its trial and error "

Just be aware that natural bodybuilders tend to be vastly smaller than the steroid using variety - lots of kids bandy about the old 'you can get that big naturally its just takes longer' platitudes but rest assured, its all bullshit.

Ill get there evntually without the use of gear

Its good to have a positive attitude, but always be realistic in what you hope to achieve - it took me many years and disappointments in the gym before I learned to understand the kind of strength and muscle gains that can be made naturally, and those that can't.

There is one supplement I find that does work for adding a little mass to your size and that is creatine. Myself I really like MyProteins Hurricane XS shake. Seems to work for me but everyone is different. That one is a mix of protein, fine porridge oats, creatine and a few other bits and bobs.

I've tried creatine monohydrate and creatine esther and I guess I'm lucky as none upset my stomach. Just have to ensure you drink LOTS if you do choose to use it to flush it through.

It will take along time

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

Laughing. Read the thread title to mean, who is punching above their weight? Oops

"Lol im not hear to try to piss anyone of lol or stary arguments so I dont lke people thinking im being rude or funny I toataly agree whith what you say it is just that training 5 days a week all year round can get people down unless they are committed and no matter who you are when training u will always one day start thinking about the dark side lol I just dont like the thought off some poor guy going out getting some steroids and jabbing too much or hitting a vain so like I pointed out to the OP for him to research first then make an informed decision and not just to take sumones word for it xxx but do agree natural is better xxxxx "

That's the thing. If you plan it right. You don't have to train 5 days a week. Otherwise your motivation will go far quicker. If you can plan it so you train a couple of body parts a session and do that every 5 days with rest Inbetween. You only be in the gym 3/4 times a week. It all depends what you want. If you want to become massive and look unnatural. Eat lots of the correct foods and at the right times and have energy/protein supplements and take steroids. If you want the more natural look and not have too much/little energy. Just train hard, rest the proper amount and you natural foods to get your energy levels up after and before training. Otherwise it will cost you a bomb buying supplements to maintain your size and you will have too much/little energy if you really on energy drinks to train.

"join a site called uk muscle they have great plans take protine powder and creatine eat shit loads of foods with high protine only high carbs morning to afternoon and the. low carbs at night after six months realise that ur not gettig as big as you hoped so then go to the doctors get blood work done for testosterone levels have a quite word with ur gp whe. you get an all clear go get some steroids take about 2ml a week for 12 weeks then start ur PCT ( post cycle theropy) very important as it balances ur hormones back to normal and notice the gains hope this helped if you need any more info pls msg me OHH AND DO LOTS OF REASHERCH BEFORE TAKEING THEM DONT JUST TAKE SOMEONES WORD FOR IT they can be ur best friend or worst enemy make sure u know howto use first please xx"

Pmsl

» Add a new message to this topic