FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > World War Z

World War Z

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *londeCaz OP   Woman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

No spoilers here please...

Went to see it last night in 3D. Once I got into it I really enjoyed it, the effects were good, but it was very different to the book which I've only just finished, also a couple of far fetched scenes (insofar as a zombie flick can be thought to have far fetched bits )

Anyhow, if you enjoy that sort of movie, I'd recommend it, but don't go expecting it to be much like the book

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"No spoilers here please...

Went to see it last night in 3D. Once I got into it I really enjoyed it, the effects were good, but it was very different to the book which I've only just finished, also a couple of far fetched scenes (insofar as a zombie flick can be thought to have far fetched bits )

Anyhow, if you enjoy that sort of movie, I'd recommend it, but don't go expecting it to be much like the book "

Off to see this next week....not read the book, not usually the kind of movie I go for but has had decent reviews.....thanks for the heads up.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Think I'm going to watch it, then read the book. A few people have said it's nothing like the book, so better to do it that way round I think.

By *londeCaz OP   Woman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Think I'm going to watch it, then read the book. A few people have said it's nothing like the book, so better to do it that way round I think. "

wish I'd done it in that order

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm going to see it on Monday...

Not particularly a fan of those kind of movies, but we saw lots of it being filmed as my old office looked out onto the part of Glasgow where they did the filming

"Think I'm going to watch it, then read the book. A few people have said it's nothing like the book, so better to do it that way round I think.

wish I'd done it in that order "

I always try and put off for as long as possible seeing films that are based on books I've read. They never live up to the books IMHO

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

To be honest it would be all but impossible to recreate the book as it is written, being that it is seen from the viewpoint of so many interviewees.

The film was always going to be so different from the book, save the basic plot/scenario.

Going to see it tomorrow....

By *ibbyhunterCouple  over a year ago

keighley

just heard a trailer on the radio calling this film world war zee ,i have been calling it world war zed .must be an american thing.

By *asandmeCouple  over a year ago

camden town

I want to see this so much, but the problem is, I know the book and I have a horrible feeling that it's gonna be WWZ in name only.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"I want to see this so much, but the problem is, I know the book and I have a horrible feeling that it's gonna be WWZ in name only."

If you know the book then you will know why it can't be scripted like the book.....

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

Felt to see as if they ran out of money before the end of filming.

Heard it was a nightmare in post production to get the edit to work to make any sense, and it certainly felt like that.

Some effective scenes, but on the whole, it just felt like watching 28 days later but from America. All the things that made the book great, were missing.

Ahhh guys not helping going to watch this next week, love the book read it in college and then again about 6 months ago to prep for the film. I read somewhere that it was re filmed from scratch because brad pitt didnt like it lol so was kinda expecting it to be phenomenal. They should have stuck to the book by makeing 3 or 4 films or a high budget short tv series would have been great.

» Add a new message to this topic